Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292811 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Algbenguze: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2017
Fanyeofori:
Good pm 1daful pple. Plz am still expecting d response to my question. I ve two certs B.SC and PGDE from two different universities. will WES charge me 68k only to verify both certs?

WES charges a flat rate whether 1 or 2 credentials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Algbenguze: 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2017
EngrKen8:
So I’m still dancing but let me drop my timeline.
ECA - June 2016
IELTS- July 2016 8,8,7.5, 6
Crs score of 396 so I gave up on the whole thing. Then I found you guys, started reading and started believing again �
2nd IELTS - 29th July 2017
New express entry profile - 2nd August
ITA - 17th August
AOR - 13th November
Med passed - 24th November
PPR - 12th December

Guys it’s been God all the way because my application wasn’t perfect in any way. I had to wait almost 3 months for POF after ITA. Ended up using a gift deed (100% of the funds).
Let me stop here for now and go and submit passport. �

Congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Algbenguze: 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2017
Kontagious:
As little as 0.5 less in any of 8777 takes about 55-60 points off your score. A minimum of 8777 will give him the needed boost to surpass draws of that period. I believe retaking the IELTS was all he did.

Lol. Crazy IELTS-CRS relationship.
I had and 8.0 average (included a 6.5 in Reading) and CRS was 359.
Then I had a 7.5 average (nothing less than a 7) and CRS jumped to 410.
Just imagine a whopping 51 points difference with a seemingly 'worse' result. That Skills Transferability nonsense sha, it's just crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2017
Sorry my brother, are you saying that current masters students cant apply for EE with their BSC? just asking sir.

Topboyz5:

Choose your MSc or EE. Both won't work considering the fact you are just about to start d Msc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=Algbenguze post=63229602]

WES charges a flat rate whether 1 or 2 credentials.[/quote) Tx so very much for ur response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 11:14pm On Dec 12, 2017
Seniors, plz how do I access d WES free evaluation tool to confirm my PGDE with Usmani Danfidiyo university can be verified? I tried to but only found on degrees!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2017
Just observed that the placeholder for LOE is no more there.
There has been a lot of modification to the site today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cuteyangel(f): 11:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
Good day all,
I want to start the process and need help.

1. Is it compulsory my spouse has his result evaluated and also for him to do IELTS? I did a CRS and had a score of 453 without inputting his degree and IELTS result.
My thought is that if we already have a high score , why spend more money on IELTS and WES evaluation?

2. If the response to question 1 is No, i will like to know if After an application is submitted and we fall below the pool score can the IELTS be done and then updated to increase our score or do we have to reinitiate the process all over?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Rexphobia(m): 12:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Santino1:

Not true. There is a passport tracker section on immitracker.

Interesting, just checked again after you said this.. Found something... Total case for Nigeria.. 29!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 13, 2017
cuteyangel:
Good day all,
I want to start the process and need help.

1. Is it compulsory my spouse has his result evaluated and also for him to do IELTS? I did a CRS and had a score of 453 without inputting his degree and IELTS result.
My thought is that if we already have a high score , why spend more money on IELTS and WES evaluation?

2. If the response to question 1 is No, i will like to know if After an application is submitted and we fall below the pool score can the IELTS be done and then updated to increase our score or do we have to reinitiate the process all over?

1. If you are confident that your score will secure an ITA, spouse can disregard ECA and IELTS.
2. After your profile has been created and scores awarded but your crs still doesn't rank high after more than 2 draws, its advisable that your spouse does ECA and IELTS to boost your crs and you update your profile with it. No need to create a new profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:59am On Dec 13, 2017
Godsaysyes:

Usually in a couple of Minutes. If there is any ish with the job bank, it'll still update in same time but the update might be "Ineligible". I do not think its normal.

Not abnormal, i had to wait for almost 20 hours before getting a score and didnt get job bank notification till scores came in
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 4:05am On Dec 13, 2017
Homguy:
Hello fam, I hope you all had a great day.
I need clarifcation as regards POF.
My father in law has a company in Which my wife is a Major signatory to the account. She can make withdrawals when needed without issues.
Can we use this account as one of accounts we intend to use for POF?
Please advise, thanks.

Cc:
canadianfly
Caon
sunvick
it is best she transfers d money to your account since u are d PA.more so it is a company account in which you r not a signatory neither r u a co owner.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 13, 2017
7stargeneralady:

He's an accompanying spouse, consent for the child?
Read up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 5:50am On Dec 13, 2017
Congratulations oo! It is truly God!

Please what did you use as POF at almost last minute ?
EngrKen8:
So I’m still dancing but let me drop my timeline.
ECA - June 2016
IELTS- July 2016 8,8,7.5, 6
Crs score of 396 so I gave up on the whole thing. Then I found you guys, started reading and started believing again �
2nd IELTS - 29th July 2017
New express entry profile - 2nd August
ITA - 17th August
AOR - 13th November
Med passed - 24th November
PPR - 12th December

Guys it’s been God all the way because my application wasn’t perfect in any way. I had to wait almost 3 months for POF after ITA. Ended up using a gift deed (100% of the funds).
Let me stop here for now and go and submit passport. �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dfanz: 6:02am On Dec 13, 2017
Ladies and gents with PPR, please update the passport tracker on myimmitracker with your cases. It appears the COPR wait is longer than PPR but we don't even know it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 6:30am On Dec 13, 2017
dfanz:
Ladies and gents with PPR, please update the passport tracker on myimmitracker with your cases. It appears the COPR wait is longer than PPR but we don't even know it.
Yes, COPR wait is longer. It takes between 14-40 days from when your passport is received in Accra to get approved on your profile and another 1-7days to get PUM. Mine was a total of 21days and a few of people I know are on their 35th day and still waiting for approval let alone PUM.(We are wondering if AVO COPR unit has 'closed' for the year grin). lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 7:11am On Dec 13, 2017
damilola1978:
You would pay for it though

Offcourse, you would. 2100NGN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2017
Obi1conte:

Pls does ecobank give bank ref letter in the required format?

I wouldn't know cos i do not bank with them. The standard practice however is that if you operate a current account with the bank, they shouldn't have problems issuing you the letter in the format you require.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 7:18am On Dec 13, 2017
Julie2018:
Congratulations oo! It is truly God!

Please what did you use as POF at almost last minute ?

He said gift deed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 7:22am On Dec 13, 2017
Homguy:
Hello fam, I hope you all had a great day.
I need clarifcation as regards POF.
My father in law has a company in Which my wife is a Major signatory to the account. She can make withdrawals when needed without issues.
Can we use this account as one of accounts we intend to use for POF?
Please advise, thanks.

Cc:
canadianfly
Caon
sunvick

Here are the options you can explore;
Assuming.you are Pre ITA.
1. Let you wife transfer the money to her personal account and then to yours. Let it cool there for 6 months.
2. If you are post ITA
Let your wife transfer money to her personal account/your mum's or dad's and you can conviniently do a gift deed.

Wishing you the best hereon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Homguy(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2017
olajide21:

1. Let you wife transfer the money to her personal account and then to yours. Let it cool there for 6 months.
2. If you are post ITA
Let your wife transfer money to her personal account/your mum's or dad's and you can conviniently do a gift deed.

Thanks guys.
We are pre-ITA and she's actually the P.A.
She has a better IELTS score spread. So is it Ok if we go on as planned without transferring the funds to her own personal account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Homguy(m): 7:31am On Dec 13, 2017
olajide21:

2. If you are post ITA

Thanks guys. Appreciated.
She has a better IELTS score spread. So is it Ok if we go on as planned without transferring the funds to her own personal account?
Cc; caon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 7:41am On Dec 13, 2017
Homguy:

Thanks guys. Appreciated.
Cc; caon

A joint account with her Dad (signatory to her dad's company) might not be the best. Since you are pre ITA, let her transfer the money to her personal account. It would raise less questions if you do that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cuteyangel(f): 7:42am On Dec 13, 2017
Flaj:

1. If you are confident that your score will secure an ITA, spouse can disregard ECA and IELTS.
2. After your profile has been created and scores awarded but your crs still doesn't rank high after more than 2 draws, its advisable that your spouse does ECA and IELTS to boost your crs and you update your profile with it. No need to create a new profile

Thanks a lot . You fully addressed my concerns. God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2017
Newmum0615:
There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding this NOC 6235 & 0122. Can anyone who has successfully used either of these NOCs please indicate and also their specific situations, so that our people don't make mistakes. More than one person has struggled with these NOCs here. Awon seniors, chook mouth for this matter in the spirit of assistance.We don't get to read about rejection stories here. lipsrsealed

The thing here is what is really his or her JOB TITLE.If you know you are at manager or assistant manager level let us know and if your employer confirms this good and fine.If you say you are a Team Lead and therefore claim manager will your HR input Team Lead or manager along side your job title Let it not be that you choose one and your employer says another and it will cause confusion, NOC mismatch or misrepresentation.l will advise that followup on your HRs and get a clear picture of your job titles.

My thoughts though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by babyoj: 8:56am On Dec 13, 2017
Good morning house, please I need your advice on this. I work in a small laboratory which is a sister company to another big company where my salary comes from and my payslips also, including my employment letter. But my reference letter will be from this laboratory with our letter headed paper. Also there is no trace of my small laboratory company on the internet because of the structure. Please do you think this might be an issue later for me when i apply? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:06am On Dec 13, 2017
Hmm. But it has been emphasized here that job titles don't hold much water as much as the actual duties you perform.
dannio:

The thing here is what is really his or her JOB TITLE.If you know you are at manager or assistant manager level let us know and if your employer confirms this good and fine.If you say you are a Team Lead and therefore claim manager will your HR input Team Lead or manager along side your job title Let it not be that you choose one and your employer says another and it will cause confusion, NOC mismatch or misrepresentation.l will advise that followup on your HRs and get a clear picture of your job titles.

My thoughts though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Santino1(m): 9:09am On Dec 13, 2017
Rexphobia:

Interesting, just checked again after you said this.. Found something... Total case for Nigeria.. 29!

It is interesting indeed but I guess there is a reason for that.

Total Nigerian PPR cases = 508

Total Nigerian Passport/COPR cases = 49

I believe people just don't care as much about COPR as they do about PPR or just like you, they simply don't know it even exist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:13am On Dec 13, 2017
How do you guys manage to navigate that immitracker site? Seems so overwhelming whenever I try to browse it.
Santino1:

It is interesting indeed but I guess there is a reason for that.

Total Nigerian PPR cases = 508

Total Nigerian Passport/COPR cases = 49

I believe people just don't care as much about COPR as they do about PPR or just like you, they simply don't know it even exist.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Santino1(m): 9:19am On Dec 13, 2017
Newmum0615:
How do you guys manage to navigate that immitracker site? Seems so overwhelming whenever I try to browse it.

Just think of it as Nairaland, you have different sections on the dashboard just like you have here. Navigate to "Consolidated e-APR tracker" and the rest is by filtering that data to what you want. The filtering is quite easy, just think of it as the "sort" and "filter" function in microsoft excel. The database itself is more or less a spreadsheet so if you have rudimentary knowledge of excel you can pretty much do anything you want with the data.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dumsydsassy1: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2017
Good morning all, please can you guys help with choosing an NOC. I am torn between noc 4166 and noc 1254. Below are my duties on my reference letter:
1. She carries out research based on several projects at the commission and summarizes research methodology.
2. She does statistical analysis of these data, and presents same in numerical and graphical format.
3. She is part of a team that develops tools for data collection and analysis. i.e conducting interviews, surveys,questionnaires and quantitative data analysis.
4. She writes and edits questionnaires, collects and analyzes data through surveys from non-formal education programs carried out by the commission.
5. She is responsible for collecting, compiling and processing researched data and statistics relating to adult and non-formal education methods, for the purpose of publishing in the commission’s reports.
6. Monitoring officers on inter-agency and states mass education programs of non-formal education activities.
7. She develops and analyses policy guidelines for the commission.
8. She maintains data bank on adult and non-formal education.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you all in anticipation of your help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2017
Methinks you are better off with 1254.
See the lead statement: Statistical officers and related research support occupations in this unit group provide statistical and research support services to a wide range of businesses and organizations. These workers conduct statistical routines, monitor trends, compile data and prepare charts, graphs, summaries and reports in support of organizational information needs and research activities.
I think your confusion stems from the fact that you collate data for educational programs. I may be wrong though.
dumsydsassy1:
Good morning all, please can you guys help with choosing an NOC. I am torn between noc 4166 and noc 1254. Below are my duties on my reference letter:
1. She carries out research based on several projects at the commission and summarizes research methodology.
2. She does statistical analysis of these data, and presents same in numerical and graphical format.
3. She is part of a team that develops tools for data collection and analysis. i.e conducting interviews, surveys,questionnaires and quantitative data analysis.
4. She writes and edits questionnaires, collects and analyzes data through surveys from non-formal education programs carried out by the commission.
5. She is responsible for collecting, compiling and processing researched data and statistics relating to adult and non-formal education methods, for the purpose of publishing in the commission’s reports.
6. Monitoring officers on inter-agency and states mass education programs of non-formal education activities.
7. She develops and analyses policy guidelines for the commission.
8. She maintains data bank on adult and non-formal education.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you all in anticipation of your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.