Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297478 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deyonsesi: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
bammy2017:
Reading these PPR stories have encouraged me again. I'm new to the whole process and was discouraged after my speaking on Monday...somehow I've drawn strength from these stories. Thanks to everyone on this thread and congrats to the seniors on their PPR.

Like we say...It will end in praise

Pls don't be discouraged. I was too after my speaking, only for me to see my result as LRSW 897.57

Age and only BSC is ........but I got hope.

I believe you will smash it.

Let's keep d hope alive.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Aim4Dtop: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
Congrats to all who have gotten their PRP,I pray for same,please can someone help out by stating the roles I have to play as a dependant to help score more points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bammy2017: 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thanks so much....
I'm really encouraged...will keep hope alive...for you and me both
Deyonsesi:

Pls don't be discouraged. I was too after my speaking, only for me to see my result as LRSW 897.57

Age and only BSC is ........but I got hope.

I believe you will smash it.

Let's keep d hope alive.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by agates: 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
@balogunsam na we remain oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by exceedinglory: 4:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=linuslynx post=66010665]Long post alert!!

[Congratulations linuslynx, I covet this short timeline for myself and all PPR hopeful in the house]

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
Responded.
Guitarlife:

i sent you a PM grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Chelda: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello Family,

So i heard that in recent times, if you wish to apply for Permanent Residence after graduation from an institution in Canada and despite having a Post-Graduate Work Permit (plus the required years for eligibility), you will have to return to Nigeria.

Can Someone please confirm or rebut this information?

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
Thats not true. If your resident permit is still valid, you can apply for your PR as an "Inland Applicant".
Please disregard that information as it not true.

Chelda:
Hello Family,

So i heard that in recent times, if you wish to apply for Permanent Residence after graduation from an institution in Canada and despite having a Post-Graduate Work Permit (plus the required years for eligibility), you will have to return to Nigeria.

Can Someone please confirm or rebut this information?

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArcUgo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
i would advice you use whoever pays your salary

OOsarobo:
So I need advice. I was employed by a firm that provides services for some Big shot clients in the oil industry. Right from inception of employment I have always reported at the Clients site reporting to my supervisor who is an employee of the client.

I need a reference letter stating my job descriptions and all.. So i want to ask if its the client's letter headed paper I would use or my own company letter head. Taking into account that my own company won't be able to adequately talk about me if they decide to do a background check on my Job description.

And if I use the client letter head, is it not going to seem contractdicotry since I'll be filling my company name as my employer.. I need advice pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olagamalin(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Sholly12:

Pls can you send the materials too to my email funky_mallo37@yahoo.com. i will be very grateful, look foward to have it.
Thanks

Pls kindly forward to Olagamalin@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by veleta: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=linuslynx post=66022928]Newmum has already responded, 6314 is fine just capture your work duties in the reference letter to match at least 70% of the NOC spec.

All the best. Thanks a lot dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olagamalin(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
Adekoolz:
Hello Guys, I hope this is appropriate though, I am seeking for help or collaboration with anyone who would be taking IELTS this month.

My exam date is 24th March...if you are interested in being my study partner kindly reach out to me via email gbengaademola@gmail.com.

Thanks guys!

Hello bro... Pls kindly forward the study materials to Olagamalin@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olagamalin(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
coolangel54:
LET THE IELTS STUDY BEGIN: I have downlaoded and printed the IELTS CAMBRIDGE 12 materials sent to me via my mailbox THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL N.Ls here. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. Lemme read IELTS 12 first and hopefully download some more from the numerous Cambridge IELTS MATERIALS SENT TO ME. I would be offline for sometime as I need to read. THANK YOU ALL.

Cool angel, Pls kindly forward to Olagamalin@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by exceedinglory: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=exceedinglory post=66033430][y]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koolx213(m): 5:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
I'm encouraged by your post Linus.. Congratulations.
I wish you the best best in Canada
linuslynx:
Special thanks to these beautiful people and others for celebrating me may you find favour all the days of your life.

@ysteph @mcstan18 @mocare @smslive2 @luffyhaki @Bellniki1 @wholesomegrace @glitteringstar @arcugo @gistwivkome @jholarharde @Newmum0615 @sthillz @fantababy @beautyfoch @stonecoldcafe @sweetrie @Iamtrulyblessed @browndoll @damysa @sunvick @teepearls @caseynenn @hykin @ethelia @ojasope1 @bimsebony @arabiarose.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Responded.
Did not get it. ayonaira@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koolx213(m): 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
I also had this challenge initially when I started preparing for my exam. But after few practice questions I decided to be a bit logical about it. The headings are shorter but the paragraphs are longer.
So I read a paragraph and look for a matching heading in the list provided. I did so one paragraph at a time. That way I was able to conquer that aspect. I hope this helps.
coolangel54:
sad Just a quick question: I have been practicing the IELTS but my major challenge in reading is the Paragraph Heading Matching, #crying#, I end up messing big time. The highest I have got so far from practicing is 7 but I am not encouraged at all because I need 8 upwards. To my question: I have one hour to write this part of the exam, is it possible for me to start from any part and maybe later move to the most difficult part of it? I just thought of this strategy and I need help from senior colleagues.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
My dear, your NOC for the JD in that link you posted is 4168. Look at it very well. I am of the opinion that anyone with such a JD will undergo stricter security screening which may or may not delay your processing. I am sure you are already aware of this.

Lead statement: 4168 - Program officers unique to government
Program officers in this unit group are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.

Thank you.

This is where I actually began, before making a detour because I'm not a diplomat, just a local support staff without any security clearance. I did not even think of the increased processing issue.

it is well o.

Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArcUgo(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
I will advice you go to YouTube and download videos relating specifically to Matching Heading e.g IELTS LIZ, target IELTS, Oxford online English etc (there are quite a lot) believe me they work. You just have to pay attention to the techniques they teach you. All the Best

coolangel54:
sad Just a quick question: I have been practicing the IELTS but my major challenge in reading is the Paragraph Heading Matching, #crying#, I end up messing big time. The highest I have got so far from practicing is 7 but I am not encouraged at all because I need 8 upwards. To my question: I have one hour to write this part of the exam, is it possible for me to start from any part and maybe later move to the most difficult part of it? I just thought of this strategy and I need help from senior colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Aim4Dtop: 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
Litealpha:
Congrats to all PPR recipients. Please has anyone recently evaluated with ICES, the estimated time stated on their site is 8weeks. Can anyone confirm these based on experience?

Please can someone help here?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Aim4Dtop: 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Aim4Dtop:
Congrats to all who have gotten their PRP,I pray for same,please can someone help out by stating the roles I have to play as a dependant to help score more points

Please oh,experts help my life here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
Aim4Dtop:

As a dependant there's nothing to do except be healthy so you don't fail medicals. If you have money you can also contribute towards the PAS POF.

You should also read page zero of this thread and including all the links there, so as to give valid /relevant advise to the PA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Linzo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
njbybrthnly:
No...you don't need to pay WES for verification. Verification is simply WES asking your school to verify the authenticity of the documents received. IMO we should not even pay for this but we dey naija na so anything goes.

Sorry what I mean is do WES charge money for evaluation of transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wholesomegrace: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
sunvick:
Thats not true. If your resident permit is still valid, you can apply for your PR as an "Inland Applicant".
Please disregard that information as it not true.

cc Chelda

In a situation where you are unable to process your PR application within the resident permit validity, you can apply for extension. But when an extension is not granted, you have return back to your country and continue to process from there.

It happened to someone I know, he was denied an extension, he returned back to Nigeria, continued and was granted PR. He's back in Canada now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Linzo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
coolangel54:
LET THE IELTS STUDY BEGIN: I have downlaoded and printed the IELTS CAMBRIDGE 12 materials sent to me via my mailbox THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL N.Ls here. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. Lemme read IELTS 12 first and hopefully download some more from the numerous Cambridge IELTS MATERIALS SENT TO ME. I would be offline for sometime as I need to read. THANK YOU ALL.
Lady pls send the materials to me I'm also preparing for IELTS eric.jeff360@gmail.com
Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
Linzo:

Lady pls send the materials to me I'm also preparing for IELTS eric.jeff360@gmail.com
Thanks and God bless

She doesn't need to send to you though.

The materials are on page zero
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
Please does anyone have any material for CELPIP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
Aim4Dtop:

As a dependent spouse you will have to undergo medicals and provide PCC (these are mandatory). You can also help increase the CRS score by writing IELTS and obtaining an ECA for your educational qualification. These 2 are NOT mandatory if the principal applicant alone has enough points to get an ITA.

You can also contribute to the POF

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2018
Okay, so sometime ago we organised an IELTS listening webinar for some guys on this thread and the feedback was really good. Now, we've got some more time on our hands and will organize another this Friday (tentative). Date will be confirmed tomorrow. If you want to join in, send me a PM and I'll book you in. It's free. The idea is to touch on cool strategies for listening and hopefully also reading and writing. Joining instructions will be sent to the email with which you PM. Holla, if interested smiley

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by luffyhaki: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
cochtrane:
Okay, so sometime ago we organised an IELTS listening webinar for some guys on this thread and the feedback was really good. Now, we've got some more time on our hands and will organize another this Friday (tentative). Date will be confirmed tomorrow. If you want to join in, send me a PM and I'll book you in. It's free. The idea is to touch on cool strategies for listening and hopefully also reading and writing. Joining instructions will be sent to the email with which you PM. Holla, if interested smiley

Cochtrane for president..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Teepearls(f): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
Congratulations! All the best in the journey ahead.

hifyty:
thank you all for rejoicing with me. I look forward to seeing many more PPRs today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.