Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295126 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Thanks sis! May CLB 10 fall on you. kiss

Amen!! We shall testify in 12-13 days
I'm trying not to go over the exam in my head over and over again and not to worry

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2018
sherilycious:
Please in getting PCC is it for all the countries youve ever travelled to no matter the year you travelled there?. And also is it for only the principal applicant or both your spouse

Please click on this link for the info you seek
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArabianRose(f): 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2018
You know this, it's well.
sthillz:

Amen!! We shall testify in 12-13 days
I'm trying not to go over the exam in my head over and over again and not to worry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArabianRose(f): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
Congrats @Glitteringstar on your COPR and Visa! Forward movement wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by masrapido(f): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hi all,
I have been a silent reader, encouraging myself with posts on here, and getting enlightened. I am currently in the pool with a score of 450, hoping for a draw next Wednesday with favorable cut-off. However, my birthday comes up second week of April, and I have been told that even if I get ITA before my birthday, I will eventually be refused the PR because of my potential loss of 5 points. I was told that I will be assessed based on my age/score as at when I submit the application, not as at receipt of ITA. How true is this?

Secondly, regarding POF, I have read how people use reference letters from their pension account. I am the PA, so can we use my spouse's pension account statement as part of our POF? An agent I asked said that we would have to first liquidate it and transfer the funds to my account, which we are hesitant to do.

I await your responses. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2018
Hello from the other side.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 8:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
masrapido:
Hi all,
I have been a silent reader, encouraging myself with posts on here, and getting enlightened. I am currently in the pool with a score of 450, hoping for a draw next Wednesday with favorable cut-off. However, my birthday comes up second week of April, and I have been told that even if I get ITA before my birthday, I will eventually be refused the PR because of my potential loss of 5 points. I was told that I will be assessed based on my age/score as at when I submit the application, not as at receipt of ITA. How true is this?

Secondly, regarding POF, I have read how people use reference letters from their pension account. I am the PA, so can we use my spouse's pension account statement as part of our POF? An agent I asked said that we would have to first liquidate it and transfer the funds to my account, which we are hesitant to do.

1. If your birthday comes while you are in the pool, you will drop 5 points. But if you receive ITA before your birthday, then you score is locked. It does not matter when you submit your application.

2. Spouse PFA is allowed and all you need is a letter from the PFA stating you have access to 25% and quote the necessary section of the law. Also, attached the pension statement. Don't let any agent mislead you, you can't even access the money till after 4 months.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
Newmum0615:
Hello from the other side.

Happy Weekend. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:06pm On Mar 24, 2018
This is correct. In addition, a letter or affidavit from your spouse stating that you have access to the proceeds of the pension funds for the purpose of settling down in Canada.

Disregard the agent please. This is tried, tested and trusted way to go about it.

justbazick:

1. If your birthday comes while you are in the pool, you will drop 5 points. But if you receive ITA before your birthday, then you score is locked. It does not matter when you submit your application.

2. Spouse PFA is allowed and all you need is a letter from the PFA stating you have access to 25% and quote the necessary section of the law. Also, attached the pension statement. Don't let any agent mislead you, you can't even access the money till after 4 months.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2018
ArabianRose:
Congrats @Glitteringstar on your COPR and Visa! Forward movement wink

Thank you. kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 24, 2018
sthillz:

Amen! It will surely end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2018
Madam, we are going together o, please reserve a space for me in your portmanteau (abi how dem dey take spell am sef?)..

Congratulations once again.

GlitteringStar:

Thank you. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2018
As in ehn. This week was for exams. I had to sleep away the exam stress since yesterday. Congrats on your visa/COPR. Was just catching up with the thread and saw your post.

See you in Canada.
GlitteringStar:

Happy Weekend. wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by masrapido(f): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2018
justbazick:

Thank you so much. Clears things up nicely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
sherilycious:
Please in getting PCC is it for all the countries youve ever travelled to no matter the year you travelled there?. And also is it for only the principal applicant or both your spouse

As part of a complete application, applicants, their spouse or common-law partner and their dependent children 18 years of age or older (including non-accompanying dependents) must submit a valid police certificate for all countries or territories (except Canada) in which they have spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18 (Source).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by masrapido(f): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2018
happytbaby:
This is correct. In addition, a letter or affidavit from your spouse stating that you have access to the proceeds of the pension funds for the purpose of settling down in Canada.

Disregard the agent please. This is tried, tested and trusted way to go about it.

Lol @ disregard the agent. That is exactly my plan! Using my money to buy trouble. Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2018
happytbaby:
Madam, we are going together o, please reserve a space for me in your portmanteau (abi how dem dey take spell am sef?)..

Congratulations once again.

Thanks sis. kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2018
Newmum0615:
As in ehn. This week was for exams. I had to sleep away the exam stress since yesterday. Congrats on your visa/COPR. Was just catching up with the thread and saw your post.

See you in Canada.

Thanks. I can't wait to celebrate and rejoice with you too. God is in charge! kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ramj: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2018
capsule:
guys please, on which do I stand a better chance if claiming experience. Teaching (secondary school subject ), it's listed NOC , I don't have a pgde nor teachers qualification. I have an MaSc in Agriculture, got some experience in the livestock sector, it's listed on the NOC. Getting a work reference for the teaching job will be easy, but I am worried because I don't have teacher's qualification.
please I request guidance. thank you.

Your course work study does not matter.
All that matter is this; the work experience you want to claim point for, is it under NOC O A and B?
if it is ride o. So @capsule ride on with your teaching job for points. pre ITA capture o my the teaching and put the others in personal history when you finally get ITA.

bon Chance

Je m'appelle Ramj

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2018
Good evening all, do I have to do WES evaluation for my spouse too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by futureenergy: 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2018
Pls house, where in Abuja can I collect PCC? Is it at force headquarters or another police office assigned to do it? any idea of cost?

2ndly, can I get for someone in absentia? Having the person's ID document and passport photos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by futureenergy: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
segzy14:
Good evening all, do I have to do WES evaluation for my spouse too?

Yes, if you're getting points from the spouse's educational qualifications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2018
masrapido:
Hi all,
I have been a silent reader, encouraging myself with posts on here, and getting enlightened.

The answer you seek concerning Q1 is in the link below
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Maxxyfruit: 9:43pm On Mar 24, 2018
tippex:

Thanks DannyKo. God bless you so much @cochtrane for being so selfless, the webinar was so helpful and the map we did was almost the same we practised yesterday. Thank God everything went well, may God crown our efforts with success.

Please @cochtrane when is the next webinar. Had an emergency and couldn't join in yesterday. Thanks for being so selfless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
futureenergy:

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by prettydobix: 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2018
Pls am new here, Pls I want to migrate too. How do I start now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by thekingskiddy(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2018
Welcome to the thread. Kindly go to page 0 of the thread. Over there, you will find more than enough info to get you started.
prettydobix:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
masrapido:

Lol @ disregard the agent. That is exactly my plan! Using my money to buy trouble. Thanks a lot!

Gbam. The emboldened says it all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2018
futureenergy:

The points is not much.
Do you think it is worth it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by masrapido(f): 10:39pm On Mar 24, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ramj: 10:45pm On Mar 24, 2018
thekingskiddy:
Welcome to the thread. Kindly go to page 0 of the thread. Over there, you will find more than enough info to get you started.

Then get a dedicated big book and start documenting.

The more you know the better. Remember this na personal journey and for your own good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 10:58pm On Mar 24, 2018
Please start by sending me a pm for consultations.
We'll av to help you check with Immigration oracles to see if u are eligible.
Oga abeg go to page zero o jare
prettydobix:

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.