Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1291447 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bluevy: 6:25am On Dec 05, 2017
sleekysilk:

1. Next thing is to wait and wait and keep waiting in the pool till CIC releases a CRS cut off score that is lower or equal to ur own CRS score computed based on the information you provided while entering the pool.
2.Don't bother evaluating WAEC. You can use ur own credentials alone if it will fetch u great CRS or wait for ur wife till she graduates, collects her results and evaluate. Where u dey hurry dey go sef? (Just thinking aloud)
okay thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 6:35am On Dec 05, 2017
Holuwarsehun:

Oooops! An error has occurred that we didn't anticipate, for which we apologise. Fortunately, the error has been logged for our techie people to investigate.

Please return to the Home page and try again.

Oh,i don't think that means the date is full. Just a glitch I suppose. Pls try to call their helpline or visit their office if you can. Sorry for the trouble.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 6:36am On Dec 05, 2017
superdoll:

I dont tink someone has to be a family to do u a gift deed. If i were you i shuld already be swimming in the pool. Some of us got ITA even wen proof of fund wasnt readily sitting in our account. Anyway let the seniors weigh on on this matter.

Thank you so much for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gogedda: 6:48am On Dec 05, 2017
Good Morning house, trust we doing great. I have a question. For those of us that worked in a very small business (One-man company) and we're paid in cash and not in bank account. What can we submit as proof of employment. From the look of things, it seem my file is London because I got that mail "how to find a job in Canada". I have my employment letter and my last 3 months payslip back in 2014. Pls advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bluevy: 6:55am On Dec 05, 2017
Bluevy:
okay thanks
Can I evaluate both B.SC and PGD to get more points then or do I just need to evaluate one .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MurphzBee: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2017
@elfmann
@Ethelia
@ mcstan18
@Bsbabe

Hi guys, thanks for bringing this issue up as it's made me to do some research and realise that I was not completely correct in what I said initially. I performed a Google search on Wikipedia and looked up some of the references to ascertain the genuineness.

The Wikipedia article indicates that there are many ways of obtaining citizenship. It could be through marriage, birth, descent, investment, adoption, naturalisation, Religion e.g. Israel and holding an office e.g. Vatican city
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_citizenship

It also highlights the complex laws associated obtaining dual citizenship. Some countries allow it and others simply forbid it.

This link below shows a list of countries that allows dual citizenship and those that don't. http://dlgimmigration.com/united-states-citizenship/list-of-countries-that-allow-or-disallow-dual-citizenship/

A look through the article will be a good starting point for anyone in a quandary regarding dual citizenship issues. Moreover visiting each country's immigration website will contain relevant information .

Additionally I will provide some examples. I have a friend here in Australia, we completed a course together in Nigeria and afterwards he went to Canada for his M.sc. After his Masters he got married and had a child there. Meanwhile, he was unable to obtain Canadian residency for himself and his Nigerian wife. He applied for and obtained Australian residency and migrated to Australia in 2016. Fast forward to 2017, he became eligible for Canadian residency and he returned to Canada to activate the visa, and there the Immigration authorities informed him that his daughter cannot have 3 citizenships, he will have to eventually renounce either Nigerian or Australian if the child will be Canadian.

Another example is a Sierra Leonean friend who lived in the UK and obtained British citizenship. When he got married to his Australia wife and decided to migrate to Australia, he had to renounce his Sierra Leonean citizenship before he could obtain Australian citizenship, since he was not allowed to have 3 citizenships.

The last example is that of Brian Idowu the Russian/Nigerian soccer player. He has only featured in friendly soccer match, when he features in a competitive fixture, he might have to give up his Russian citizenship before he can feature prominently for Nigeria , since Russia does not allow dual citizenship.
http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/16/brian-idowu-trouble-russian-club-playing-nigeria/

In anyways am not trying to distract the focus of this thread, I believe learning is a continuous process and we learn each day.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2017
Chei! You people are not just nice at all, someone can not come and go and come back in peace angry first of all una close part 2, now this part 3 is already on page 6. Make una calm down na, how am I to catch up ehnn angry angry

Ok, rant over grin more PPR news on this thread. One love guys cool

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MummyJaygirls: 7:09am On Dec 05, 2017
Adiahabasi:

Awww! Kudos to you guys, una three much! Glittering star kiss
PPR landed last week o. Got a double miracle. PPR came in the morning, & then my school's senate approved my PhD thesis that afternoon... PPR+PhD= God's Overwhelming Joy! Now ready to port!

Your brain dey hot o, congrats

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by oladelemary: 7:18am On Dec 05, 2017
Lifeonmars:
Can anyone help me out please. I evaluated my Nursing cert and I got a reply as posted in the screenshot. Does it mean I wont have point for education?

Use IQAS instead...... WES does not give a good report for nurses with rn and post basic.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holuwarsehun(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2017
sleekchic:

Oh,i don't think that means the date is full. Just a glitch I suppose. Pls try to call their helpline or visit their office if you can. Sorry for the trouble.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2017
Delerichard:
Hello seniors, pls, I have some issues that weighing me down,I intended to apply in 2014 along the line I stopped meanwhile I did my verification ( Bsc )in that year.Can I still make use of it or I will do another verification?(2)This time around that I want to apply my wife will be the principal applicant,are we going to ielts together or she will write it alone?(3)As per the POF how many months is the total money that qualify us to apply must be in my account?(4)my wife qualifies to be a nurse in 2014 RN, same year,she got a job.she left the job in 2016 to further her nursing career she finished last month to become registered practical nurse RPN.Can she use her btw 2014 to 2016 as her work experience? while she will verify her RPN.thanks.

Check the link on page 0 of this thread. It will take you to page 0 of part 2 where you will find basic FAQ
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 7:28am On Dec 05, 2017
Good day, senior in the house pls I need someone to guide me on how to go about this thing,I lost my job some months ago and since then things has not been easy.I asked my wife to be the PA but she is not showing interest since she is still working. All my talk is not making her to make a move towards this opportunity and I wish I know about this CR, whole I av the means pls someone shu give me the steps required of me..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Divinegifts: 7:35am On Dec 05, 2017
Part 3 page 6, hmmmmm ok o.

Biko e family for those that chose WES standard delivery, how long did it take to receive the hard copy of your evaluation? Mine was completed since Nov 6 and I'm yet to receive the paper copy.

2. For those that got UK PCC, did you pay additional fee for international tracking or just the £45 pounds? I wan know make the thing no go hang like my WES. Did you get it after 10 working days like they specified?

Edakun epp me as I wan get the PCC before I dive into the pool to avoid long thing

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 8:32am On Dec 05, 2017
I got my online copy on the 15th of November. The hard copy came 2 days later.

Divinegifts:

Biko e family for those that chose WES standard delivery, how long did it take to receive the hard copy of your evaluation? Mine was completed since Nov 6 and I'm yet to receive the paper copy.

2. For those that got UK PCC, did you pay additional fee for international tracking or just the £45 pounds? I wan know make the thing no go hang like my WES. Did you get it after 10 working days like they specified?

Edakun epp me as I wan get the PCC before I dive into the pool to avoid long thing

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2017
policy12:

Good day, senior in the house pls I need someone to guide me on how to go about this thing,I lost my job some months ago and since then things has not been easy.I asked my wife to be the PA but she is not showing interest since she is still working. All my talk is not making her to make a move towards this opportunity and I wish I know about this CR, whole I av the means pls someone shu give me the steps required of me..

It is well brother, go to the first and second page and at least you will get good information, an alternative is to also visit the first page of the penultimate thread. There are very useful information o these pages so you need to take your time and read through.

I wish you Gods peace and grace as you try to get back on your feet.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 05, 2017
Hello guys when is the next spool for ITA na, not that I am in the pool already as I still dey hustle WES evaluation but its refreshing reading peoples success stories.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 8:43am On Dec 05, 2017
[quote author=Holuwarsehun post=62982324]

Oooops! An error has occurred that we didn't anticipate, for which we apologise. Fortunately, the error has been logged for our techie people to investigate.

Please return to the Home page and try again.[/quote

It was same thing for me when I tried to register for Dec 2,but I kept on trying everyday, was able to submit on the fourth day or so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2017
Macy4real200:
Evening seniors and juniors like me. I have a matter that is weighing me down. My husband has refused to register for ielts. He also has an issue with his BSc result so he can't even do ECA. Based on this, he asked me to apply alone with only our son as accompanying. Now the issue is, how would he eventually join us when I relocate with our son. If I apply with him as accompanying without ielts and eca from him, my score will drop. Am so confused right now. Besides, I've not really heard testimonies of married people relocating without their spouses.

Are u below 29, then av u worked for 3 years or more. Why not use a secondary sch cert for him. Cos I tried that for u n got 440 with u getting high scores in IELTS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 8:57am On Dec 05, 2017
Divinegifts:

1.) A month should be fair. You can wait two more weeks, if not received by then, try check the closest NIPOST office to your address. That's if you want to make the extra effort at having the hard copy.

2.) It's best you use a UK address, gets delivered there faster than you'd have it here. Your receipient can then scan to you (and find a way to post/send the hard copy)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Onedimple: 8:59am On Dec 05, 2017
Divinegifts:

Thanks

I got my hard copy (via UPS) 2 days after the soft copy was ready. And i did standard...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bluevy: 9:00am On Dec 05, 2017
Hi,please I have another question
1. Will getting both my B.SC and PGD evaluated get me more points?
2.My wife has family in Canada since she is not the primary applicant, can we use her family to also get more points? Please guru's in the house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2017
You can still be the primary applicant inspite of your work status. The CIC does not insist that you must be currently employed, you need to demonstrate previous experience which you can do with your old job.

Click this link to read a summary of the whole process.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

policy12:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Adiahabasi: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2017
Bluevy:
2.My wife has family in Canada since she is not the primary applicant, can we use her family to also get more points? Please guru's in the house
1. Yes
2. Yes, as long as the family is her sibling (brother or sister) or parent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 05, 2017
Don't be discouraged.
you can start with tiny little steps alone, many people had their spouses not agreeing to the CR move in the begining and they later changed their mind. I wasn't interested in 2014 because i didn't understand it. I'm now very interested because i am now armed with so much info but my spouse wasn't interested anymore. I wrote IELTS, started ECA before spouse agreed to write IELTS, spouse grudgingly agreed to write IELTS, scores was not so good because of lack of preparation, resit is soon. Spouse's friends also interfered to ensure IELTS exam sitting.
So start and she will meet you in the middle.
All the best.
policy12:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Divinegifts: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2017
Newmum0615:
I got my online copy on the 15th of November. The hard copy came 2 days later.

Thanks @Newmum0615. E be like say mine don enter voicemail o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ykjgirls: 9:42am On Dec 05, 2017
Goodmorning seniors, my evaluation is almost done from Wes-unilag, awaiting Husby verification from yaba tech -apparently dey send a long list of names to Wes at a time thru nipostand it is taking forever...cant wait to be in the pool. And start praying for crs to come down to team 428.ranting away
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Divinegifts: 9:43am On Dec 05, 2017
Kontagious:

1.) A month should be fair. You can wait two more weeks, if not received by then, try check the closest NIPOST office to your address. That's if you want to make the extra effort at having the hard copy.

2.) It's best you use a UK address, gets delivered there faster than you'd have it here. Your receipient can then scan to you (and find a way to post/send the hard copy)

Thanks @Kontagious, might have to check the NIPOST office.

For the UK PCC, I thought one was supposed to use the current address as the mailing address?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Divinegifts: 9:44am On Dec 05, 2017
Onedimple:

I got my hard copy (via UPS) 2 days after the soft copy was ready. And i did standard...
@Onedimple, thanks for the response. I just tire
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fobak203(m): 9:50am On Dec 05, 2017
Freeman59:
Guys I just applied for IELTS. yes it's a bit elementary but if anyone has links to study materials, videos etc that can help me get a good score, pls send here or to ifeanyichukwuabani@gmail.com

Thanks.
I have just written my exams too but I would not be confident to give you the study materials until my results are out (in 3 days time), let me ascertain that those materials would be helpful to you before given it to you. Although, I wrote an academic IELTS, but one thing I can do for sure is to give you this single robust website where you can learn all the tips for LRWS for both academic and General, because the study materials is about practice, practice and practice.

Google IELTS advantage and just select IELTS preparation or simply enter the URL www.ieltsadvantage.com.
They have a lot of general tips that are very helpful and a one-stop to excellence in IELTS. Hope this helps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obi1conte: 9:50am On Dec 05, 2017
Onedimple:

For the UK PCC mine was ready in less than 10days , its in transit and i have being tracking it. I should get it before the week runs out. I paid for courier delivery.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2017
1. I think you get points for both as "Two or more degrees". Use the CRS calculator . This should also answer number 2.
2. Not sure

Bluevy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 05, 2017
Wetin u sef won use d hard copy achieve?
Divinegifts:

Thanks @Kontagious, might have to check the NIPOST office.

For the UK PCC, I thought one was supposed to use the current address as the mailing address?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.