Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295760 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

Yes LRSW...7677
You have to rewrite and aim for at least LRSW 8777
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olabestonic001(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2017
Great house here.
Please, I have a peculiar issue of POF. I am planning both the EE and PNP route.
However, my wife is the one that have such amount that can be use as POF and she is about opening a Mutual Fund account with another bank (18% interest, you know). I want to know if depositing the cash in a Mutual Fund that might be barely 6 months during application will be accepted?

Please kindly answer me bosses @TEECAN @40manlappy and all other ogas.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:
Hello everyone, I am in a confused state at the moment. My CRS is 391, I'm single and I have noticed that almost everyone here is applying as a couple... is there another way for singles like me with low CRS?? Maybe to hook up with a single guy and apply jointly??

I'm single. You can marry me and fulfill your Canadian dreams. grin grin grin

Sorry, I play too much. You needn't be confused lady, there are lots of (single) people here (like yours sincerely) who are on this journey alone. A partner can only boost your (combined) score if he:
1. Has superior and fantastic IELTS score, something like the 8,7,7,7 and above
2. Has 2 or more degrees, an MSc, a PhD and/or any other recognized professional certification like ACCA
3. Has a sibling who is a citizen or PR of Canada, and best of all
4. Has a provincial nomination or is likely to obtain one.

A combination of one or more of the above would land you safely on Canaan's side grin as you thought. Without them, your 391 score might get depleted sef. Somebody should kindly vet my submission

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by damidamsel: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
bestdiddy:
Hi Please any idea if having a fractured hand will affect my medical check up

No it shouldn't. I have a broken clavicle on my left hand with bent wrist from birth. Basically can't lift it up except to hold a few light things and it's very obvious. Had absolutely no issues with my medical or application as i have PPR already.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ItsYourFriend: 3:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
And I knew nothing about the ban. Thanks @Glitteringstar and Justwise for lifting the ban!
justwise:

Unbanned

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fred900(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello all ,
Good job here everyone.

I would like to get clarifications. I have an Msc, and am about to access my certificates with WES, is it compulsory I assess my first degree too or I should just assess my Masters degree?

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
And I knew nothing about the ban. Thanks @Glitteringstar and Justwise for lifting the ban!

Welcome back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by msbaileyz(f): 3:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
sweetrie:
You have to rewrite and aim for at least LRSW 8777

Even when I used the 8777... total CRS was 401, maybe I'm not filling it properly... I dont know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by msbaileyz(f): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

I'm single. You can marry me and fulfill your Canadian dreams. grin grin grin

Sorry, I play too much. You needn't be confused lady, there are lots of (single) people here (like yours sincerely) who are on this journey alone. A partner can only boost your (combined) score if he:
1. Has superior and fantastic IELTS score, something like the 8,7,7,7 and above
2. Has 2 or more degrees, an MSc, a PhD and/or any other recognized professional certification like ACCA
3. Has a sibling who is a citizen or PR of Canada, and best of all
4. Has a provincial nomination or is likely to obtain one.

A combination of one or more of the above would land you safely on Canaan's side grin as you thought. Without them, your 391 score might get depleted sef. Somebody should kindly vet my submission

It's like starting all over again... could be frustrating
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

Even when I used the 8777... total CRS was 401, maybe I'm not filling it properly... I dont know

Can you share your profile? Age range, how many years of work experience, level of degree and IELTS scores.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
I think something is wrong somewhere

msbaileyz:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bestdiddy: 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2017
God bless you for the response
damidamsel:

No it shouldn't. I have a broken clavicle on my left hand with bent wrist from birth. Basically can't lift it up except to hold a few light things and it's very obvious. Had absolutely no issues with my medical or application as i have PPR already.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
Got a little Information as regards Nigeria PCC that it can be extended.

Got a wrong advice early that made me process the PCC even before i started WES. Your guess is right, the 3 month elapsed. So i called the person that processed it and he told me he can be extended. And he gave me a new one today.

I just gave him the old one and another cover page was written.

Just thought to share

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holuwarsehun(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
kinda off-topic

Can anyone give me directions on how to get to British Council office in Ikoyi? I'm going from Sango Ota / Iyana-Ipaja

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holuwarsehun(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
sleekchic:

Oh,i don't think that means the date is full. Just a glitch I suppose. Pls try to call their helpline or visit their office if you can. Sorry for the trouble.
Thanks. I've been able to register. I sent them a message on their Facebook page and I was directed on how to register successfully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tobey2ng(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

I had 7677
Oh.... That's where the problem lays. Why don't you give IELTS second attempt. 8777 should give 440 at least. It can be frustrating but it worth giving it all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
Holuwarsehun:
kinda off-topic

Can anyone give me directions on how to get to British Council office in Ikoyi? I'm going from Sango Ota / Iyana-Ipaja

Thanks in anticipation

Board a bus going to Oshodi and from there board another bus/BRT going to Obalende or you can board a bus going to Obalende directly from Iyana-Ipaja (if you see one). When you get to Obalende, you can take a bike/keke Napep to Thompson Avenue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by yokus(f): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2017
Macy4real200:
With him, I will have 423 while without him, is 442

Can he write ielts, if both of u do well in ielts. U should be good

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by msbaileyz(f): 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Can you share your profile? Age range, how many years of work experience, level of degree and IELTS scores.

29yrs, 5years working experience, LL.B and B.L ( did Wes evaluatiom) LSRW 7767

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

Yes LRSW...7677

Nd ur details are k? Check may b there is something u are not inputting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bambam4you: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2017
Please who knows any hospital in lagos that does medicals on weekends.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holuwarsehun(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Board a bus going to Oshodi and from there board another bus/BRT going to Obalende or you can board a bus going to Obalende directly from Iyana-Ipaja (if you see one). When you get to Obalende, you can take a bike/keke Napep to Thompson Avenue.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

Please redo your IELTS and aim to achieve at least
L 8 R 8 S 7.5 W 7.5

Good luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

What is the ECA summary (Canadian equivalent) for your law certificate? Retake your IELTS test and aim to score a minimum of 8777 in LRSW.

Your projected score will be 429 with a minimum score of 8777 (LRSW) in your IELTS test (if your ECA summary says that your certificate is equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's degree)

Your projected score will be 469 (if your ECA summary says that your certificate is equivalent to Canadian professional degree)

Note: You can learn to calculate your projected CRS score yourself by using the CRS tool---http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by dtaminator: 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
[quote author=Deebay post=63002463][/quote]

@Deebay, you should go into you account and click on view submitted application. It's probably an ADR amd you'll find it there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

Check with your age, degree, just play around with numbers or drop your details let someone help check
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
Holuwarsehun:

Thanks. I've been able to register. I sent them a message on their Facebook page and I was directed on how to register successfully.

Oh that's great. You can also share what you did differently just Incase someone else experiences such.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry

This WES people are evil o. They just sent me a mail that they've requested for confirmation from university. Only problem is NASU is on strike.

Wetin man wan do now??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
dtaminator:

@Deebay, you should go into you account and click on view submitted application. It's probably an ADR amd you'll find it there.
Thanks for the response. I have clicked on view submitted application and didn't find anything. How exactly will I know it is it. Cos I have checked and all I see are the documents I had submitted. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Holuwarsehun(m): 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
sleekchic:

Oh that's great. You can also share what you did differently just Incase someone else experiences such.

This was the message I got after I sent them a message.

"It was a technical issue. You can try again now registering under the location Lagos. Please endeavour to click on the Lagos option with the dot at the end to enable the registration come through."

Instead of clicking the "Apply" button at the top of the page, scroll down and you'll see another apply button with a heading of ......."Lagos."

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2017
As we start this page 3, I have a prayer for someone that believes:

Whatever you ask God for (be it ITA, good IELTS, PPR or CoPR etc) you will get it before this page 3 fills up to half.

It will all surely end in praise IJN!

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
Amen o!
TEECANN:
As we start this page 3, I have a prayer for someone that believes:

Whatever you ask God for (be it ITA, good IELTS, PPR or CoPR etc) you will get it before this page 3 fills up to half.

It will all surely end in praise IJN!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.