Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1291406 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mummytutu: 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
Freeman59:
Guys I just applied for IELTS. yes it's a bit elementary but if anyone has links to study materials, videos etc that can help me get a good score, pls send here or to ifeanyichukwuabani@gmail.com

Thanks.

ieltsmaterial.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bluevy: 12:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bluevy:
OK thanks
please what's the total expenses for couples trying to apply for EE,the processing, test,evaluation and all.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Olulo: 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
So we are already in Season 3. My testimony will be shared before the end of this season in Jesus name.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Stylequeen: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello all,

I just started reading through the thread and it's amazing all the information here. I'm glad I found it. My case is a bit unique so I will need all the advice i can get please.

My husband is already a PR in Canada, lives and works there but he does not qualify to sponsor at the moment due to a few factors, so I want to explore the EE if I qualify.

I guess this means I'm applying "without spouse" when ranking myself on the CRS. Do i get any extra/bonus points as a result of him being a PR?

I'd really appreciate your advice.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2017
Please I need help with Nigerian Law school WES evaluation? Anyone ever processed it before should please give details Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Macy4real200: 1:08pm On Dec 05, 2017
Am in my early 30's with an MBA and over 5 years experience. Really appreciate ur help

QSola:

Are u below 29, then av u worked for 3 years or more. Why not use a secondary sch cert for him. Cos I tried that for u n got 440 with u getting high scores in IELTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Freeman59: 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
fobak203:

I have just written my exams too but I would not be confident to give you the study materials until my results are out (in 3 days time), let me ascertain that those materials would be helpful to you before given it to you. Although, I wrote an academic IELTS, but one thing I can do for sure is to give you this single robust website where you can learn all the tips for LRWS for both academic and General, because the study materials is about practice, practice and practice.

Google IELTS advantage and just select IELTS preparation or simply enter the URL www.ieltsadvantage.com.
They have a lot of general tips that are very helpful and a one-stop to excellence in IELTS. Hope this helps

Thanks bro.
I wish you success. and don't forget to post your good results here.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Macy4real200: 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
With him, I will have 423 while without him, is 442

happytbaby:
Sleekysilk....it is fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of change.... if there are issues assessing his Bsc, he may be unable to use it to work in Canada. That's issue 1, men take pride in being able to provide for their wives, they want to be a 'man'. Every man will wonder if he will fit into the workforce easily., even women have that fear.

You know the things men think about ....the life is different in Canada fah....the typical Nigerian man drives his family home from Church on a Sunday afternoon and goes to lie down in bed or sit in front of the tv while the woman starts going in several directions immediately, cooking, minding kids etc. Now consider living in Canada where there is no help (or the average family cannot afford to hire help) and everyone has to pitch in....that is change.

Scenario 3....Men will go and hang out with friends, come back after two or three bottles of beer or shots of Hennessy , red wine etc....in Canada, if you even find such hang outs with friends, you'd better take a cab home or find someone to drop you off.

Sometimes, its narrow range of experience and for someone like me, I shudder at the thought of such "cold".

Enough derailing the thread ...@ Macy4real200, you may still try to work on getting him aboard, because the process of getting him over later is so long and its stressful being the only one doing everything in oyinboland. However, if all else fails, carry your kaya without him. What is your score with the option of 'accompanying spouse'?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Matanna:
Hello all. Pls I'm applying online for hubby' s unn iverification. The problem here is after filling all the requested info,I can't proceed to payment except i upload the transcript to be verified, which obviously is with wes.pls who has experienced this and what was the solution.Thanks

Chai!! I'm also doing my UNN iTranscript o. In my opinion, contact the exams and records officer that processed the transcript to ask for assistance else you want to pay an additional 15k for local delivery student's copy. I have a friend (my classmate working in school) that I can ask to make enquiries on your behalf from the person doing mine. Who knows, she might be of help but then, our (hubby's) details might be needed if you don't mind.

On another note, please how long did it take for
1. UNN to send your transcript to WES?
2. For WES to evaluate and send back for verification?

How much does one have to pay for the iVerification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bluevy: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bluevy:
please what's the total expenses for couples trying to apply for EE,the processing, test,evaluation and all.Thanks
Please someone should answer my question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
May I suggest that you enter the pool 'with him' and wait for a few draws...if CRS does not come lower, you then edit your profile to 'non-accompanying'. I hope in the meantime he will agree to write and get a good score in IELTS. My take (I know it may be distressful) is that I do not want you to give up on the situation, give it your best shot. Meanwhile, please do not let it turn to fight.

Macy4real200:
With him, I will have 423 while without him, is 442

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
Omomabo:
Hello! Please i need your advise. In the statutory question where it was asked if the applicant has had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder.
Does anyone know what exactly is considered a serious disease?

Are you suspecting yourself? grin grin grin

On a lighter note, I think 'serious' in that context means any disease that might make you become a "burden" to the Canadian healthcare system. They need young, healthy and vibrant personnel for their growing workforce hence that caveat. Diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Sickle cell anemia etc. could be considered 'serious'. That's my opinion though.

Cheers!

PS: No disregard for those who suffer from one or more of the diseases I just mentioned above. This is solely for the purpose of sharing ideas and isn't intended to spite/mock anyone, either directly or impliedly. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
gracelevel:

I like your prophetic monika
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kelechiMarie(f): 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2017
Let me balance here and read, this thread will be useful in about 3 years by God's grace.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
GlitteringStar:
I was banned by Antispam bot yesterday because I tried to answer the question that @Lifeonmars asked. embarassed I think @ItsYourFriend was banned too because of the same reason.

@Justwise, thank you for the swift response. I appreciate it.

Unbanned

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 1:46pm On Dec 05, 2017
Matanna:
Hello all. Pls I'm applying online for hubby' s unn iverification. The problem here is after filling all the requested info,I can't proceed to payment except i upload the transcript to be verified, which obviously is with wes.pls who has experienced this and what was the solution.Thanks

Snipe the message from WES sent to your mail and attach. At least that's what I did.
You can also get some tips from this post made by eisteino https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/488#62550368
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
Deebay:
Hello house. I logged into my cic account today and saw beside my submitted application that 'my action is required', I have checked but there's no message or anything for me to understand what action I required of me. How do I handle this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
justwise:

Thanks.

Cc: ItsYourFriend

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
XX01:

I don't accept this example at all. Canada supports multiple citizenship. Your friend should give you all the details as something is missing from his story. Just to add; his daughter was already Canadian from being born in Canada.

I can attach many official links that states that Canada specifically accepts multiple citizenship but will just drop 2.

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/citizenship/rights-and-responsibilities-of-citizenship/do-i-have-to-give-up-my-citizenship-when-i-become-canadian/

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/documents/dual-citizenship

Thanks my dear XX01.

I also provided an official link yesterday that stated clearly that Canada allows MULTIPLE citizenships but Murphzbee no gree. Please for those of us with American born children, do not be anxious about what passport to use or present simply because you have been persuaded that they may lose their American citizenships. It is simply not true. Canada doesn’t care how many citizenships you had before, as long as those countries also don’t give a toss.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by canadianxmas: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

Chai!! I'm also doing my UNN iTranscript o. In my opinion, contact the exams and records officer that processed the transcript to ask for assistance else you want to pay an additional 15k for local delivery student's copy. I have a friend (my classmate working in school) that I can ask to make enquiries on your behalf from the person doing mine. Who knows, she might be of help but then, our (hubby's) details might be needed if you don't mind.

1. UNN to send your transcript to WES?
Paid 19th got dispatch notification to WES on the 25th (5 working days). Transcript got delivered to WES six days later (total approx 13 days)
2. For WES to evaluate and send back for verification? This took eight days in my own case.

How much does one have to pay for the iVerification? 10K

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
happytbaby:
Sleekysilk....it is fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of change.... if there are issues assessing his Bsc, he may be unable to use it to work in Canada. That's issue 1, men take pride in being able to provide for their wives, they want to be a 'man'. Every man will wonder if he will fit into the workforce easily., even women have that fear.

In the event these may be real considerations for this person, for scenario 1, madam may try to convince him that he can do a certification course in an area that interests him and end up changing career sef. Canada is good like that, anyone can make it if you find something you can do. O gba ole, o gb’ole as my people will say.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by msbaileyz(f): 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello everyone, I am in a confused state at the moment. My CRS is 391, I'm single and I have noticed that almost everyone here is applying as a couple... is there another way for singles like me with low CRS?? Maybe to hook up with a single guy and apply jointly??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tobey2ng(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:
Hello everyone, I am in a confused state at the moment. My CRS is 391, I'm single and I have noticed that almost everyone here is applying as a couple... is there another way for singles like me with low CRS?? Maybe to hook up with a single guy and apply jointly??
You have better chance as single. There must have been a mistake in your CRS filling steps. Use LRSW 8777 in that other for your IELTS result. Do this and feed us back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Matanna: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2017
canadianxmas:

Snipe the message from WES sent to your mail and attach. At least that's what I did.
You can also get some tips from this post made by eisteino https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/488#62550368

Thanks I appreciate the suggestions. Did you get anyone to help facilitate the verification after online payment, or should I just pay and hope it will be dealt with swiftly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Zitarmy: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello everyone ,pls what are my chances of getting ita next yr with crs 431. Is it advisable to increase my educational qualifications
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Matanna: 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
mcstan18:

1. UNN to send your transcript to WES? [color=#770077]

It took 10 days
2. For WES to evaluate and send back for verification?
5 days
How much does one have to pay for the iVerification?[/color]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jeswino: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
Pertaining to certification, I would like to know if Alison certifications are acceptable in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2017
msbaileyz:

Av u done d Ielts
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by msbaileyz(f): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2017
tobey2ng:

You have better chance as single. There must have been a mistake in your CRS filling steps. Use LRSW 8777 in that other for your IELTS result. Do this and feed us back.

I had 7677
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by msbaileyz(f): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
policy12:

Av u done d Ielts

Yes LRSW...7677
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bluevy:
Please someone should answer my question.
Price for IELTS ----- #68,000
WES evaluation ---- 233 CAD, check on the website to be sure

Price of medical tests depends on hospital used and number of family members

Police Certificate also depends on number of family members

Non-refundable processing fees ----- 550 CAD each adult
Non-refundable processing fees ----- 150 CAD each child

Right of Permanent Residence fees --- 490 CAD each adult.
start reading from page 0 to understand better

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.