Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace (575 Views)

My Proposed Solution To The SARS And Police Brutality / The Sars Officer That Shot Kazeem Tiamiyu In Sagamu With A Special Plate Number- / The SARS Commander Was Been Investigated For Rape -sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 05, 2017
I remember growing up in the city of Enugu, there existed a special anti robbery squad known then as PAN. They are similar in opeation to the present day SARS. Their nick name of pan came from the fact that they always moved in very clean brand new 504 station wagons bought from Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria(PAN). Those that grew up in enugu in the 80's and 90's will remember.
Then, one major characteristics of them was that they were never seen on the road casually. It was a common knowledge in enugu and environs that whenever you saw PAN, a robbery was taking place somewhere and this was always supported by the fact that anytime they were seen, they were on a high speed because they were certainly headed to a robbery scene. The good will they enjoyed was so high that motorists were glad to give them the right of way because nobody wanted to delay them in squashing a robbery somewhere. Folks will stand by the road to wave or give them the thumbs up while they sped pass, just to encourage them. You just dont see them on the road, unless there was a distress call.

Today, we have SARS operatives confiscating hiace buses from unsuspecting drivers and converting it to a tool for abducting hapless and innocent citizens for a 'ransom'. If you drive from the notorious lawanson police station straight thru lawanson to yaba, you will see over three hiace buses driving up and down looking for victims they will frame up on trumped up charges to abduct. When they reach the end of the road, they will turn at the U-turn and start again. This is supposed to be a crime outfit that shouldnt be seen on the road unless on a distress call to a robbery scene.

They target roads leading to major markets with the hope to extort potential buyers. Sadly,many people have lost more money to this rogues than they've lost to robbers.

There has been calls to scrap this outfit with the IG opting for its reorganisation, though i wonder how that will solve anything.

Dear Nigerians, if we want this present administration to take this call seriously, let us all pledge in one voice to support and vote any presidential candidate that comes out now to promise to scrap SARS. If we can all throw our weight behind such candidate, you will see the APC led federal government wake up and scrap it.
Re: The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace by princeade86(m): 8:57am On Dec 05, 2017
ok
Re: The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace by omololu2020(m): 9:13am On Dec 05, 2017
This APC government worst pass PDP government

I wish there is another candidate except from atiku and buhari
Re: The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace by psalmson001: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2017
Re: The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace by psalmson001: 9:43am On Dec 05, 2017
omololu2020:
This APC government worst pass PDP government

I wish there is another candidate except from atiku and buhari

Me.........i promise not to chop too much from the national cake grin
Re: The Easiest Way To Solve The SARS Menace by lonecatt(m): 10:08am On Dec 05, 2017
If left unchecked SARS will commit more heinous crimes during the elections,now is the time to tame this government by brigandage.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Chairmanship: Secondus Alleges Gang-up Against Him / Highlight Of President Buhari's Speech At The One Planet Summit In Paris / PHOTO: Police Declare Independent Oil Marketer, Alaka Abayomi Kamal Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.