Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (44015 Views)

Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Kid Or Baby Relation Has Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by eyinjuege: 6:55am On Dec 06, 2017
AyoolaIgwe:

omo ale means "bastard". it has no two meaning. If we break it down it will at first mean "the child of a concubine." Even if d father or mother of dat child is known, as long as dat child is not d biological child to man or woman of the legal marriage, d child is tagged omo ale, that is, a bastard.

Bastard has 2 meanings even in the English dictionary.
Some people can act like bastards. If you act in a despicable manner, you are called a bastard. Not necessarily the circumstances of your birth in this case but rather because of your actions. Check the dictionary for the meanings of bastard.
Usually in Yoruba language, when they talk of amo ale and omo oko, they usually refer to their actions. Hardly about the circumstances of birth
@ Germanmelania , I don't think your assertation that no child is considered a bastard in Yoruba land is true, though more emphasis is placed on the behaviour of the individual.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by DavidEsq(m): 6:58am On Dec 06, 2017
bummyla:
My Momsie speaks Hausa, Igbo & Yoruba fluently and she cursed fluently in those languages as well, while she beat the living daylight from your poor soul.

And it hurt me the most whenever she switched to Hausa & Yoruba while beating me, because I won't understand what she was saying, but I just knew they were curses.

Sometimes her Hausa & Yoruba friends would scream and cautioned her not to say such things to her kids.

But I learnt these English words from her "scallywag!" "sadist"

"If you were born during the slave trade, I would have sold you and use the money to solve better problem!"

"Onwu! Death!"

"Isi Ebuka!" "Coconut Head!" "Ewu Can Beer!" "Tulutulu!" "Monkey" "Zombie!"

But we are best of friends now. She now cries whenever she prays for me & whenever she receives a mighty alert from me! LOL!

https://www.bummyla.com

Na so she go dey feel like now:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 06, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Lolx. Actually 70%Yoruba,30% Delta

Btw, how was today?

Good morning smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by blacktallest(f): 7:17am On Dec 06, 2017
My dad used to curse me with my own name. At times he goes " e nwe Uche?" or "e nwene Uche nchancha". That is do you have sense? or you don't have one single sense at all.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Pidginwhisper: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2017
sexybbstar:

Good morning smiley
Bonjour belle demoiselle kiss trust your night was great kiss.
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 06, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Bonjour belle demoiselle kiss trust your night was great kiss.
Yes, it was. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by blazebaba(m): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2017
DavidEsq:
embarassed
DavidEsq:
maka why naa,person no fit appreciate im opposite sex again.?
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by webngnews: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Marybrit(f): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2017
my mum once told me "had it been DAT anoda woman gave birth dsame day wit her at d hospital...she wud have said DAT d exchanged her child"...lol...definitely hurts sha

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Pidginwhisper: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2017
sexybbstar:

Yes, it was. smiley
Enjoy your day wink

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by ElsonMorali: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2017
kendrace:

No don't make me do that grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Can I call you Lizzie baby? smiley
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Larynx(m): 11:52am On Dec 06, 2017
My mum will be like "Olorun ma je ko fi iwa jo baba e" God won't make you took after ur father's behavior. And I'll just be like, is his behavior not good The next thing she will do is to report me to my younger sisters like "Eyin omo yii, e kiilo fun egbon yin oo" You this children, warn ur Elder brother. By so doing, war have start in the house be that. Mumc don't quarrel with a child, she quarrel with all of us at the same time. Even if the last born should offend her, and I'm not at home, she will have drop abuse for me before I reach house, na for me to just reach house, greet her and she will respond with Oooo... Then I'll know one of my sister have offend her. She's always happy when me n my sister have disagreement. She will be like "nkan to dayin po, lo tu yin ka" What' brings us together, is what separate us.

Mama, She can Jealous for Africa. Just that I can't stand her shed tears bcoz the love I have for her ehn!!! She herself no know.

She's just the Best

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Stellamariss(f): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2017
osnova:
Eminent librarian
lol thanks

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2017
eyinjuege:

Bastard has 2 meanings even in the English dictionary.
Some people can act like bastards. If you act in a despicable manner, you are called a bastard. Not necessarily the circumstances of your birth in this case but rather because of your actions. Check the dictionary for the meanings of bastard.
Usually in Yoruba language, when they talk of amo ale and omo oko, they usually refer to their actions. Hardly about the circumstances of birth
@ Germanmelania , I don't think your assertation that no child is considered a bastard in Yoruba land is true, though more emphasis is placed on the behaviour of the individual.
1. An unacceptable behaviour is tagged so(bastard).
2. A person born under d circumstance I illustrated is so(bastard) too.
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Transcends: 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Me: Mummy e sun re Ooooooo!
Mum: Omo Ale!! awon ebi baba e ni wan ma sun re!angry
Me:E ma binu Ma. Ok, e ma sun re Oooo!
Mum:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by serenegroup(m): 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2017
Fresia01:
My bro in school called my mum a week after he left home for school to beg for money agsinn.. my mum told him not to dial her number again.. � grin

The scariest one was thr one she said to us when she was upset.. She told us that if she dies and we dare to cry that she will wake up and kill us All.
this got me laughing real hard

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by kendylet(f): 11:59am On Dec 07, 2017
her national anthem for me whenever i misbehave is "ewu awusa" we don quarel plenty because of that! embarassed
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Mzflow(f): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2017
Asigbe omo ward...meaning she mistakenly carried another person's child from the hospital.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by sashishalom(f): 1:44am On Dec 08, 2017
I will kill you and I will go to jail for it...
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by tee4taye(m): 6:53am On Dec 09, 2017
haven't read most of the comments, I decide to add mine:

"alaje ron ju, Eran nuru" - eating so much so that you open your eyes wide open like nuru's sheep

"maa gba o ju, o ma jabo si mi lowo" I will slap you and your eye ball will be on my palm.

if you provoke me, I will leave you with your father and go to my people because I can't allow you to kill me, she usually say this when we fight one another.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by albacete(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
Dad used to say,
"egbe gbufukwee gi" meaning "may hawk carry you"
"ala kuwakwaa gi anya " let the land break your eyes
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by ola753(f): 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2017
Teddy Bear
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 19, 2017
tee4taye:
haven't read most of the comments, I decide to add mine:

"alaje ron ju, Eran nuru" - eating so much so that you open your eyes wide open like nuru's sheep

"maa gba o ju, o ma jabo si mi lowo" I will slap you and your eye ball will be on my palm.

if you provoke me, I will leave you with your father and go to my people because I can't allow you to kill me, she usually say this when we fight one another.
may God bless our parent.My mum will say tojuu bolee eran nuru wen we go to our neighbour's place,aarin ka nja bata-waka waka cut slippers.Nawa
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Portgas(m): 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Yeah.
I like soldiers...... thinking about joining....
# RESPECT
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by timmykaydude: 7:09pm On Dec 21, 2017
shinarlaura:

Longest time really.

I'm cool and u? I don't mind wink

How re u doing?
am fine. just recovering from the knockout buhari gave us,lol.ffg back.
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Stellamariss(f): 12:05am On Aug 08, 2018
Mollyallex:

what course are you studying?
library and information science
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by Richie7(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
I was having like a disagreement with mom one day, my bf was over at our place and I. Thought it was over. I just went over to sit next to my bf and suddenly my mom came out, stood in front of me and said" I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW YOU AT BIRTH,THINKING I HAD GIVEN BIRTH TO A LIZARD.. YOU WERE THIS TINY, NOW YOU GOT BOOBS AND YOU THINK YOU COULD BE RUDE TO ME? " I THOUGHT THAT WAS IT BUT MOMSI BROUGHT PICTURES AND THREW THEM AT ME...I looked like a baby lizard..still can't believe that was me.. NOW I DARE NOT EXCHANGE WORDS WITH MOM CAUSE I'M SURE SHE WOULDN'T HESISTATE TO USE THOSE PICTURES AGAINST ME.
Lol.i just dey imagine i should be your bf and we should got misunderstand before i came to your house.i'll laugh until you cry and snap those pictures and post it
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by klbakare(m): 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
I was having like a disagreement with mom one day, my bf was over at our place and I. Thought it was over. I just went over to sit next to my bf and suddenly my mom came out, stood in front of me and said" I SCREAMED WHEN I SAW YOU AT BIRTH,THINKING I HAD GIVEN BIRTH TO A LIZARD.. YOU WERE THIS TINY, NOW YOU GOT BOOBS AND YOU THINK YOU COULD BE RUDE TO ME? " I THOUGHT THAT WAS IT BUT MOMSI BROUGHT PICTURES AND THREW THEM AT ME...I looked like a baby lizard..still can't believe that was me.. NOW I DARE NOT EXCHANGE WORDS WITH MOM CAUSE I'M SURE SHE WOULDN'T HESISTATE TO USE THOSE PICTURES AGAINST ME.

Fear not! You are the real lizzy baby grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by McTobe(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2020
�...that was my great grand mother there...She adds bleedy Swine and Military Mpafu( till today I don’t know the meaning)
Balkan:
My dad was angry with me and asked me if it was a hegoat that impregnanted my mum
He alway abuse me words like
ewu can bear
Anu mpam
Swine
Re: What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) by grandpoh(m): 5:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
I don’t even know how you excel in school!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deceived Into Marriage, Used And Dumped / Pictures Of A Woman’s Two Sets Of Identical Twin Boys / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.