Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Where Do I Start From? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Where Do I Start From? (1149 Views)

Need Advice On Where To Start From On Computer / How Do I Start Biz Of Importing Fairly Used Laptops / Join The Free Ebook Cover Design Tutorial Start From 11th - 16th January 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Start From? by b0y(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2010
Re: Where Do I Start From? by donline: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2010
1 hi friend,u can start by moving I.T friend
2 get a system
3 hardworking /reaserch
4 go for elementary training and develop yourself day by day
thanks
Re: Where Do I Start From? by koseepaaro(m): 7:10pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hi friend.

The first step for you to take is to get a personal computer for your use at home. Then, enroll for the course I called "elementary computer course"(Computer appreciation, but some people called it "desktop publishing").

Enroll for this course, then, before you finish the course, say, 3 or 6 months, depend on your choice when you get to your desired nearby computer school, I believe you would have had more knowledge of different computer courses that are available. And also the one you will prefer to go for after you finish the Desktop Publishing.

Why I recommend that you should first of all go for Desktop Publishing is that going for that will teach you basic computer operation. It will also introduce you to basic computer knowledge.

So, that is my advice for you as that was exactly how I started mine too.

Good luck.
Re: Where Do I Start From? by koseepaaro(m): 7:17pm On Mar 30, 2010
Hi friend.

The first step for you to take is to get a personal computer for your use at home. Then, enroll for the course I called "elementary computer course"(Computer appreciation, but some people called it "desktop publishing").

Enroll for this course, then, before you finish the course, say, 3 or 6 months, depend on your choice when you get to your desired nearby computer school, I believe you would have had more knowledge of different computer courses that are available. And also the one you will prefer to go for after you finish the Desktop Publishing.

Why I recommend that you should first of all go for Desktop Publishing is that going for that will teach you basic computer operation. It will also introduce you to basic computer knowledge.

So, that is my advice for you as that was exactly how I started mine too.

Good luck.
Re: Where Do I Start From? by b0y(m): 9:54am On Mar 31, 2010
Thanks a lot for the replies thus far, but honestly do i have to go thru computer appreciation? and b4 i go any further, i have a working pc at home and laptop at my disposal.In my first post, i explained that i have d basic knowledge of computers but just haven't gone professional yet.Whats up with courses like Oracle, CCNA, MCSE and d like? Engr. Dee thanks for your reply, do u like run a computer institute?
Re: Where Do I Start From? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:16am On Mar 31, 2010
Wateva u do dont waste ur money on dtp or computer appreciation or wateva fancy name its called. Waste of money n time 2 get stm1 to teach u hw to point a mouse 4 3 months.

Decide wat u wanna do. Hardware engineering or software(usually programming) most of those fancy name courses are programming anyway but you need directions on which ones to do. Not all are lucrative and some are not in demand anymore.
Re: Where Do I Start From? by b0y(m): 7:19am On Apr 02, 2010
Thanks 4llerbuntu, so which course(s) would u consider lucrative at the moment or in the near future? I'll prefer software engineering anyway

(1) (Reply)

95% Of Nigerians Lack Access To Computers, Internet –nbs? / Latop Shuts Down Unexpectedly / My Laptop Hangs When I Remove The Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.