Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

The Sweet Melodic Power Of 'ooh' & 'oh' In Contemporary Music - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sweet Melodic Power Of 'ooh' & 'oh' In Contemporary Music (594 Views)

Loving The Playboy (A Contemporary Romance Story) / The Trials Of Chris Abani And The Power Of Empty Words By Ikhide R. Ikheloa / The Power Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sweet Melodic Power Of 'ooh' & 'oh' In Contemporary Music by Stephenko(m): 6:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
Over the years, old classic kind of records from different genre has been abating . No one is spending time making music that are relentless, all they do now is just mix up a bunch of word with a nice beat and there you Go... It trending ; becomes the new buzz in people's ears.
But for someone like me who still crave for classic music and albums, it's kinda hard to find these days. Music sites ain't helpful in my search. But there's something I had noticed listening to contemporary music - The use of Interjections
To hit the nail too quick. Imagine a classic record like "shape of you" by Ed Sheeran; in which the chorus was basically OOH.. repeated more than once, creating a melodic sound that keep listeners craving to listen again. His whole album 'divide' - O my God - what an album to keep a music listener grooving for months; The whole song on the album was purely rhythmic with ohh, ahh, oh, which makes the album so sweet and melodic.
To jump from the foreign scene to our music here in Nigeria. SIMISOLA album by simi was my case study - also a great example of records driven by the melody of oh & ooh. If you've listened to the album you'll know I speak only of the truth. She knows how to use her voice to pin down listeners to listen to the next track just by using these tools.
Come closer by Wizkid - the chorus was also a portray of the sweet melodic power of interjections in contemporary music.
Nigerian upcoming artiste should tap into this groove.

(1) (Reply)

Fear Of Failure, The Greatest Enemy Of Success-ikechi Chimanaya Emmanuel / Gossip Is The Devil's Radio Station, Don't Be His DJ / The Beast Of Bazi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.