Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize (30181 Views)

Edo: How plot to give Obaseki soft landing failed / Obaseki, Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Attacked At Oshiomhole’s House / Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Chukazu: 12:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
Lajet:
Useless ultimatum why are they giving 21 days ultimatum why not start their madness immediately. We are aware tha Ijaw land starts and ends in Bayelsa any attempt by miscreants to disrupt the peace in Edo state they will be deal with. Niger Delta can longer tolerate ijaw madness again.

And the Ijaw in Rivers, DELTA ,Ondo , Lagos and even in Ghana are migrants according to your History teacher undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by AdaFonju: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
uzo4real:
Them dey give Oba ultimatum? I sorry for the whole Ijaw dem..
History will soon repeat itself

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by gregyboy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2017
craze dey like ijaw bioz by olamide

psychatric dey for benin land by osamede

neverthesless am a benin and i really want this fight i want the ijaws to teach the benis lessons because an average benin mans idea is to travel out of the country to go die for another mans land he doesnt see nigeria or even edo state as a place he can succeed u hardly find them in other state even in thier state thier economy is been controlled by non indigenes mostly ibos ...this are d advantages of over migration and lazyness on the benin thats why ijaws can claim gelegele because benins are not fishermen there only the ijaws so they can claim it and even fight for it because they have been there since what goes out and come in .in the river than the real owners Binis ...now they found oil oba whants to come and reclaim it by force aint done that way ...even if is an adopted child the real parents cant come and collect the child easily no it cant work ...it has to be a win -win for both parties and not war ..if is going to be a war sorry my brothers benins won't match with this people they have weapons than we are are they even a good number of youth population in benins presently that can fight for benins...no they aint all are in ghanas and libyas and italy ...

note :even benins decide to drive the ijaws the benin man is still very lazy to even work in the gelegele you will see other tribes dominitating it ..lets not even talk of the benin moat is nothing to write home about

lastly i will support a win - win for both party than war but enacting a king in benin who is not subjecting to the oba is a war already

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Jaykolo10(m): 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
Einl:
Our youth are lost.

No sense.
Stupid.
Extremely violent.
Tribalistic.
Poor.
Illiterate.
Scammers.
No ambition.
Not respect for human life.

They should give an ultimatum for job creation, police reforms, agricultural revolution, poverty reduction etc, etc...

Bro you're on point imagine them threatening to make the state unbearable for the people... where's that done in a well developed country... this our zoo is becoming a hell to live in

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by LordAdam16: 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2017
ruggedised:
edo state governor is toying with ijaw, seems he wan them to bomb edo out of nigerian map cheesy grin

dukie25:
I'm against this ultimatum but I hope this can be settled amicably. Obaseki shouldn't have sided with the Binis. He is governor of Edo state not governor of Bini.
They're, like the rest of us Edo citizens.

davibid:

If you have nothing to say shut your mouth instead of spewing trash

What is Niger Delta without the Ijaw man

Whether you accept or not Ijaw will and continue to be the heart of the Niger Delta

Ignoring their threat will be suicide

Nothing will happen.

Na common Itsekiri arrange una for '97. Una no even win any of the fight with the Urhobos for Delta. Even the noise wen una mk for Udu earlier this yr, na stalemate e end.

Na kon Oba of Benin una dey threaten. Una no dey look face sef. Mk una cross enter Edo go fight, una go run 4:40.

Noisemakers.

Edo has had one King since the 1100's. That's over 900 years. Now, because some troublemakers think they have access to guns, they think they now have leverage to form a mushroom kingdom.

I hope when they storm the Oba palace, the so-called king they're coming to install goes with them, mk them use that one do sacrifice.

-Lord

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by tutudesz: 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jesse01:
Y angry?
There was no consultation with Ijaws leaders 1st and Some months ago all Ijaws Pere paid a visit to the Oba of Benin.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Oyedoisrael(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2017
For some time now, the ijaws have been on the agenda of increasing their frontiers on lands they have no historical nor heir inclination with, they tried it with Aladja people of Delta State they failed. Let it be known here that 14th Nov, 2017 Vanguard newspaper pg22 advertisement congratulating one Godwin Ogunyenbo on his coronation as pere of Olodiama Kingdom in Ovia North East LGA of Edo State, without the knowledge of the state Government nor Traditonal Ruling Council, which the state government readdressed as "PURPORTED CORONATION" on 17 nov 2017 on THE NATION, pg38. Let me state that there is more than meet the eyes here and whatsoever the ijaws have in store their hands would not be able to carry out their evil enterprise. The Edo's are peace loving people but not scared nor weak . OBA ato kpe ye.......... Ise!_

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by evansjeff(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
ruggedised:
edo state governor is toying with ijaw, seems he wan them to bomb edo out of nigerian map cheesy grin
see this mad man, go and learn from history. You think it's all about chest beating?
Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Jaykolo10(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
Terminator1234g:
Sorry I've got to say this here that; Nigerian Christians are part of the most hateful people on this planet. From bastards like fani kayode to useless people following his steps. These people are the problem of NIGERIA. They hate people of other faiths and even hate themselves that attend other congregations, just imagine that. I wonder what the pastors tell them in church. This is jus some of them not all tho.
Sense is far from you... Can't you see this all about tradition and stuffs not Christianity or Islamic stuffs... I just wish some people will have sense to think before talking
Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by evansjeff(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
dukie25:
I'm against this ultimatum but I hope this can be settled amicably. Obaseki shouldn't have sided with the Binis. He is governor of Edo state not governor of Bini.
They're, like the rest of us Edo citizens.
are you even informed at all? Do you know the genesis of this matter?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by joshrare(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jesse01:
ijaws will smoke binis out dat 4 sure.

story story

don't bother bro, threats and ultimatum are orders of the day...

if you don't believe, ask Arewa youths

it will pass

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Amajerry83(m): 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
U think say Edo na Urhobo or Itshekiri?
ruggedised:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by LordAdam16: 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
Oyedoisrael:
For some time now, the ijaws have been on the agenda of increasing their frontiers on lands they have no historical nor heir inclination with, they tried it with Aladja people of Delta State they failed. Let it be known here that 14th Nov, 2017 Vanguard newspaper pg22 advertisement congratulating one Godwin Ogunyenbo on his coronation as pere of Olodiama Kingdom in Ovia North East LGA of Edo State, without the knowledge of the state Government nor Traditonal Ruling Council, which the state government readdressed as "PURPORTED CORONATION" on 17 nov 2017 on THE NATION, pg38. Let me state that there is more than meet the eyes here and whatsoever the ijaws have in store their hands would not be able to carry out their evil enterprise. The Edo's are peace loving people but not scared nor weak . OBA ato kpe ye.......... Ise!_

I no just know wetin dey give them mind.

For over 400 years, the Izon minority in Edo have lived in peace with the Binis and were lorded over by the Oba of Benin.

Now because the governor and Oba have decided to bring a breath of air by developing a sea port in Gelegele, they've decided they want a kingdom.

Like say na so e easy to get kingdom. Why them no get kingdom before Obaseki and the Oba start dey champion for seaport?

Na so them spoil Warri with fight pursue oil companies go PH, Lagos and Ghana. Now, them 1 carry their waterside w*tch enter Edo.

Nothing will happen after the ultimatum expires. And Edo will not ground a meaningful project because some enemies of progress want to set confusion.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by omogin(f): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
ruggedised:
You dey crase
Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by joshrare(m): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
pedrilo:
I repeat, the Ijaws should take note, bini kingdom is different from edo state, there is nothing like edo kingdom, bini kingdom is limited to edo south senatorial district, just so wen they start dealing with the binis.

See fear....
Bulhari why
Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Einl(m): 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
Jaykolo10:

Bro you're on point imagine them threatening to make the state unbearable for the people... where's that done in a well developed country... this our zoo is becoming a hell to live in

Our youths have no sense bro.

I don't know what to say again
Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by LordAdam16: 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2017
Amajerry83:
U think say Edo na Urhobo or Itshekiri?

Them knw their mate sef. Those tribes dey humble them steady. Aladja, Udu, and Okekerenko being very recent examples.

I'm sure if the Isokos decide to do this nonsense in Bayelsa, they'll cry foul.

Everyone is watching with keen interest.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by NLandIsHypocrit: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2017
Lajet:
Useless ultimatum why are they giving 21 days ultimatum why not start their madness immediately. We are aware that Ijaw land starts and ends in Bayelsa any attempt by miscreants to disrupt the peace in Edo state they will be deal with. Niger Delta can longer tolerate ijaw madness again.
Sai! E-warriors and mouthed mouthing eehh. If you check where this inconsequential efulefu is typing this E-bomb from ehh, you'd be surprised to know it's one narrow enclave like that grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Amajerry83(m): 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2017
Rubbish
gregyboy:
craze dey like ijaw bioz by olamide

psychatric dey for benin land by osamede

neverthesless am a benin and i really want this fight i want the ijaws to teach the benis lessons because an average benin mans idea is to travel out of the country to go die for another mans land he doesnt see nigeria or even edo state as a place he can succeed u hardly find them in other state even in thier state thier economy is been controlled by non indigenes mostly ibos ...this are d advantages of over migration and lazyness on the benin thats why ijaws can claim gelegele because benins are not fishermen there only the ijaws so they can claim it and even fight for it because they have been there since what goes out and come in .in the river than the real owners Binis ...now they found oil oba whants to come and reclaim it by force aint done that way ...even if is an adopted child the real parents cant come and collect the child easily no it cant work ...it has to be a win -win for both parties and not war ..if is going to be a war sorry my brothers benins won't match with this people they have weapons than we are are they even a good number of youth population in benins presently that can fight for benins...no they aint all are in ghanas and libyas and italy ...

note :even benins decide to drive the ijaws the benin man is still very lazy to even work in the gelegele you will see other tribes dominitating it ..lets not even talk of the benin moat is nothing to write home about

lastly i will support a win - win for both party than war but enacting a king in benin who is not subjecting to the oba is a war already

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by dav33: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2017
naso ijaw for isaba smart go beat war drum for aladja boundary, dem and ogbe- ijaw nor believe wetin dem see ooo, ijaws with empty threat
Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by ernieboy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2017
AdaFonju:

Ijaws are found in six states, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Ondo and Edo state, how many states are bini people found?
there are no ijaws in Edo state the ijaws here are visitors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by eulogy: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Obaseki is an idiot!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by NLandIsHypocrit: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
spartan117:
This statement can be considered as an act of terrorism
Must you comment? How can an unimplemented spoken word be an act of terror? Or are you just commenting in order to exhaust the free 10mb before it expires? Do you even know the meaning of terrorism? In fact come here......

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by davibid: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
LordAdam16:

Nothing will happen.

Na common Itsekiri arrange una for '97. Una no even win any of the fight with the Urhobos for Delta. Even the noise wen una mk for Udu earlier this yr, na stalemate e end.

Na kon Oba of Benin una dey threaten. Una no dey look face sef. Mk una cross enter Edo go fight, una go run 4:40.

Noisemakers.

Edo has had one King since the 1100's. That's over 900 years. Now, because some troublemakers think they have access to guns, they think they now have leverage to form a mushroom kingdom.

I hope when they storm the Oba palace, the so-called king they're coming to install goes with them, mk them use that one do sacrifice.

-Lord

It's obvious you never read the post

Please read posts before quoting people

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by skybird: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
21days too far we they wait.abi nor be land them go pass come ok na.we go tell them say this one nor be water

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
It is because of youth like you that the current governor of Edo state has realized that history must be brought back to Edo schools.
The problem is that most of you guys don't understand the word Benin. You confuse Benin republic, Benin Kingdom and Benin City.
Let me make it simple, Benin republic is a country which took that name in 1970 in order to honour the ancient Benin Kingdom.
The Benin Kingdom is the pre-colonial African country whose king holds the title: Omo n'Oba n'Edo.
The Benin Kingdom was very vast. Benin City is only the capital of the Benin Kingdom. As far as you are Edo, you are a subject of the Oba of Benin.
There is no such thing as "bini", rather there are Edos who live in Benin City.
Take a look at what all Esan chiefs said to the Oba of Benin Kingdom when he visited them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqF5JhgX0g

They called him their Oba, their father.
So if you are really Esan then please learn your history.

Here are some pre-colonial maps of the Benin Kingdom:

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595525w/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map of Benin made in the 17th century once again:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b530530714.r=Benin?rk=214593;2

An other map of Benin from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin?rk=193134;0

This one date to the 19th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8469390z/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

An other map from the 17th century:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Benin.zoom

pedrilo:
be judge sir, we dnt speak the same language, our way of life is different from theirs, we occupy different senatorial district, they hav oba, we don't, governorship of the state is rotated between the 3 major tribes which are bini, esan and etsako.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
What this tells me is that it is high time to send the ijaw out of edo state. 21 days is more than enough to relocate them back to bayelsa.
Let them come and "storm", nobody is scared of death. We will storm them out of our state.
And I pity the fools who are allowing ijaw stay in their land, ijaws are criminals by nature and sooner or later they will start claiming your land, push them out as soon as possible. Get rid of the paraistes.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by MrMakaveli20(m): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2017
pedrilo:
I repeat, the Ijaws should take note, bini kingdom is different from edo state, there is nothing like edo kingdom, bini kingdom is limited to edo south senatorial district, just so wen they start dealing with the binis.
they should spare other tribes and deal clearly with the binis.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by TundeHashim(m): 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2017
DoTheNeedful:
Ijaws are the Fulanis of the South. I have known them to be troublesome since I was a kid. If they are not fighting govt., they are fight Itsekiri or other minority group or kidnapping expatriates.

are u insinuating Fulanis are troublesome?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Freedom Fighters Give Obaseki & Oba Of Benin 21 Days Ultimatum To Apologize by AdaFonju: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2017
ernieboy:

there are no ijaws in Edo state the ijaws here are visitors.
Wrong, there are many Ijaw communities indegenous to Edo state
gelegele-Ijaw is just one community, channels tv visited there recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC7Q_0I3-yw

PEOPLE AND DEMOGRAPHY
The main ethnic groups in Edo State are: Edos, Afemais, Esans, Owans and Akoko Edos. Virtually all the groups traced their origin to Benin City hence the dialects of the groups vary with their distance from Benin City. The Bini speaking people who occupy seven out of the 18 Local Government Areas of the state constitute 57.54% while others Esan (17.14%) Afemai compirising of Etsako (12.19%), Owan (7.43%), and Akoko Edo (5.70%). However, the Igbira speaking communities exist in Akoko Edo as well as Urhobos, Ijaws, Itsekiris communities in Ovia North East and South West Local Government Areas especially in the borderlands. Also, Ika speaking communities exist in Igbanke in Orhionmwon LGA.

http://www.edostate.gov.ng/edo-people/
Stop spreading falsehood
Mynd44 rule 8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Obasanjo Slams Buhari Again, Says President Is Sick In The Spirit, Body And Soul / Fayose's Impeachment:ekiti House Of Assembly Directs Chief Judge To Set Up Panel / Gov. Fayose Replies Femi Falana (SAN)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.