Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? (644 Views)

I don't understand my fiancee behavior this days, could it be... / Why Don't Girls Wear Bra This Days? / Unveiled!..Why Ladies Targeting Overseas-based Men To Marry This Yuletide (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Mikeshine(m): 9:27am On Dec 09, 2017
It's been a battle of winning her parent love or hers. Though she always tell me that I should go out and look for other ladies, tried many times to frustrate me out of the relationship. Many times she's tried to break up with the saying her parent doesn't support our relationship due to the fact that there is a guy she mentioned to them a long time ago who is a ready made man. Now, she said that her parent is still on her neck to marry the other guy even after my parent has come to know her parent (not introduction) and she's ready to dance to her parent tune without giving it a thought. Please, I really love her so much and I don't want to lose her. What can I do to make her see things differently in a way that I won't ve forcing myself on her?
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by ibkkk(f): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2017
I guess she's following her heart.

Back to the question, it's wrong for parents to choose whom to marry for their shidren.
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Mikeshine(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2017
ibkkk:
I guess she's following her heart.

Back to the question, it's wrong for parents to choose whom to marry for their shidren.

To what I read about her and the other man, she's said NO to the relationship advances from the man because I've witness there conversations once or twice.
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by yomi007k(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2017
My brother, u have alot against u.

I suggest u harden ur mind and leave..

because relationships dt have love from both parents and d lady still has issue.

But if u hv a strong mind, u can risk it.

Shalom.
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2017
Inasmuch as her parents may want the best for her, they should also come to the understanding that the lady in question is an adult so should be allowed to make vital life decisions such as choosing a spouse. On the flip side, your girlfriend has been dancing to her parent's tune that she may loose her identity just so her parents are pleased. If you eventually marry her, you may have issues on the long-run 'cause there will be times her parents decisions would overrule yours.

My advise, tell her to decide on what she wants. Love or no love, you're not going to die if she leaves you.

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by ibkkk(f): 9:44am On Dec 09, 2017
Mikeshine:

To what I read about her and the other man, she's said NO to the relationship advances from the man because I've witness there conversations once or twice.

But now she's ready to dance to their tunes from your right up.So,she's leaving you for the guy cos of her parents...No one,i repeat,No one can dictate to me when it comes to getting married o...she should wake up and be with the person who gives her joy not trying to please her parents...Marriage is a LIFE CONTRACT O.NO TESTING smiley
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Olami90: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2017
If she is ready to dance to her parents tune then she isn't mature/decisive. I believe it is also her decision, forget other excuse(s).

You are already forcing yourself on her by wanting to do all to win her.

What is the essence of making her see things differently when she isn't ready??
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Mikeshine(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2017
Olami90:
If she is ready to dance to her parents tune then she isn't mature/decisive. I believe it is also her decision, forget other excuse(s).

You are already forcing yourself on her by wanting to do all to win her.

What is the essence of making her see things differently when she isn't ready??

I'm really fed up, just looking at all the, emotions, faithfulness, truthfulness I've put into the relationship. Risking my parents life to come know her parent, it's really hard on me but I believe time is the best healer. Thanks
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2017
Yes! The Wealthy Do! It Doesnt Change... The Rich Marry The Rich...
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2017
She doesn't want to marry you, if really she does, she will fight for you and make her parents see reasons with her. Any decision can be changed.

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Olami90: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Mikeshine:

I'm really fed up, just looking at all the, emotions, faithfulness, truthfulness I've put into the relationship. Risking my parents life to come know her parent, it's really hard on me but I believe time is the best healer. Thanks

You should have waited to get her parents consent before making your parents go visit them. All these shows desperation.

I am of the opinion that everyone should have a part of them that can accept disappointment. Human can disappoint anytime, so don't get too confident.

she should be the one fighting that course and not you. If she isn't doing that, no matter the step you take to convince her will be a waste. True love should not be this stressful.

Forget all that, you will get over it with time. Make new friend(s), hang out with few responsible people, catch fun in a simple way you then u see yourself putting all behind
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Mikeshine(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2017
Olami90:

You should have waited to get her parents content before making your parents go visit them. All these shows desperation.

I am of the opinion that everyone should have a part of them that can accept disappointment. Human can disappoint anytime, so don't get too confident.

she should be the one fighting that cause and not you. If she isn't doing that, no matter what step you take to convince her will be a waste. True love should not be this stressful.

Forget all that, you will get over it with time. Make new friend(s), hang out with few responsible people, catch fun in a simple way you then u see yourself putting all behind

Her parent ask me to bring my parent. They invited me twice before saying they have to see my parents which I did.
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by dasauce(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2017
..It's a family thing..as it's with yours might be different with Someone else FAM..
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by eezeribe(m): 10:16am On Dec 09, 2017
Mikeshine:
It's been a battle of winning her parent love or hers. Though she always tell me that I should go out and look for other ladies, tried many times to frustrate me out of the relationship. Many times she's tried to break up with the saying her parent doesn't support our relationship due to the fact that there is a guy she mentioned to them a long time ago who is a ready made man. Now, she said that her parent is still on her neck to marry the other guy even after my parent has come to know her parent (not introduction) and she's ready to dance to her parent tune without giving it a thought. Please, I really love her so much and I don't want to lose her. What can I do to make her see things differently in a way that I won't ve forcing myself on her?
'There' is different from 'their'
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Olami90: 10:19am On Dec 09, 2017
Mikeshine:

Her parent ask me to bring my parent. They invited me twice before saying they have to see my parents which I did.

oh! I am sorry for that hasty assumption.

are you of same tribe?
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 09, 2017
yomi007k:
My brother, u have alot against u.

I suggest u harden ur mind and leave..

because relationships dt have love from both parents and d lady still has issue.

But if u hv a strong mind, u can risk it.

Shalom.

@emboldened so many things said in very few words
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Mikeshine(m): 10:26am On Dec 09, 2017
Olami90:

oh! I am sorry for that hasty assumption.

are you of same tribe?

YES
Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by Olami90: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2017
Mikeshine:

YES

anyway, brace up bro. You will get over it with time.

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by habsydiamond(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2017
some parents are even the reason why some young family end up broken simply because of the wrong advice they give to their children..say will say in yoruba....mi o fe surulere fun e, olorun shoogo ni mo fe.....them go push them pikins in trouble...because they want dem to marry rich people.....thats the major reason why domestic violence plenty everywhere like mtn

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Still Chose For There Children Who To Marry This Days? by COOLHOMIE(m): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2017
Am very sure they will choose wife for me cause if its up to me cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Ladies: Guys Never Want To Encounter These 10 Things In The Bedroom / How £1 Saved My Life And Found Me Love- Becki Cobb (photos) / Unemployed Nigerian Man Returns N566k He Saw In An Accident Scene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.