Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman (4454 Views)

Lafi, Alleged Killer Of Olatoye Sugar Quits Politics After Court's Victory / So Embarrassing And Deluding, Every Yorubaman Claiming Lagos / 1966 Coup: Okonjo-iweala's Adviser Appreciates Yorubaman For Saving His Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by mercyville: 11:46am On Dec 10, 2017
Pigsandidiots:
grin, the guy should let go and ask WHO na. Talking about cannibalism, honestly, I still wonder how human flesh sweet in those people's mouth. Anytime I remember the day I read about them being cannibal and the manner they eat humans, I always vomit.

Cannibalism and dirtiness especially drinking funeral water are their documented culture.

3 Likes

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by BudeYahooCom: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2017
Chest beating ewedu gorilla.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2017
I don't mind Fayose or FFK as VP.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by Pigsandidiots: 11:56am On Dec 10, 2017
profmiganigal:

Just sleep

No need
You dey fear grin
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by MayorofLagos(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:
Atiku's vp will be contested by Fayose. That's his game plan. He never wanted SW to have the chairmanship position. I think Atiku will pick Fayose because of his political clout. No one else could ganer votes like him in the south.

Knowing south east will readily vote against buhari, that would be his best bet. Fayose won!

It is not so much about wins and losses but goals that we set out to accomplish for Yoruba.

Rotation of party flagship to North is open to both Christian and Muslim North. So far they've had Atiku Abubakar, Umaru YarAdua, Namadi Sambo, Muhammadu Buhari, all Muslims, in the executive positions. That's just since 1999. If you go back in history Tafawa Balewa, Usman Shagari....all Muslims.

If Atiku is given the PDP flag it means in 2019 both parties would have Muslim Northerners on top of their tickets. There is a vulnerability here that can be exploited.

On Fayose, his Governorship and immunity ends in 2018. Unless he has a guaranteed plan to transition into Senate or House of Reps and block immunity from expiring there is high likelihood he will be picked up to account for 2014 Ekitigate. So who will take the VP slot you reserved for him?

There are two things likely to happen in APC.
1- Buhari seek second term and he wins the primary.
In 2014 they were not in power, thus respected the diversity rule already in place...the executive will be cross regional and cross religion. They are the incumbent now, as a theory, they can rewrite the rule and do muslim/muslim. If that theory holds, Osinbajo can step down at the party primary for Buhari to pick Tinubu. Tinubu is popular in every region except SE.
This combo gives Buhari 4years with Tinubu returning to do 8 with a Northerner as VP. The outcome is the same if Osinbajo does not step down at primaries...he will have 8yrs following Buhari's completion.

2- Buhari drop out of the race at the primary. The constitution does not allow for substitution but allows for succession. If Buhari resigns or becomes incapacitated in office Osinbajo automatically succeeds. The office of Presidency will not be given to another Northerner because one quits. Twice this year we came very close to this point, the North feared a repeat of 2011. They still have this fear and are unsure if Buhari will complete a second term alive or in good health. Therefore the likelihood exist that even if Buhari show interest in a second term, delegates from North may vote against him in the primaries and put weight behind a younger, healthier and well educated Northerner. Unless there is an electoral act that stipulates against extensions of tenure by candidate swap, North will rule for 8years following Buhari's 4, totalling 12 before it rotates away to West.

These two positions are critical. Yoruba need to come up with strategy and tactic to keep its advantages and keep eyes on the goal to restructure.

More to come....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 1:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
MayorofLagos:

It is not so much about wins and losses but goals that we set out to accomplish for Yoruba.

Rotation of party flagship to North is open to both Christian and Muslim North. So far they've had Atiku Abubakar, Umaru YarAdua, Namadi Sambo, Muhammadu Buhari, all Muslims, in the executive positions. That's just since 1999. If you go back in history Tafawa Balewa, Usman Shagari....all Muslims.

If Atiku is given the PDP flag it means in 2019 both parties would have Muslim Northerners on top of their tickets. There is a vulnerability here that can be exploited.

On Fayose, his Governorship and immunity ends in 2018. Unless he has a guaranteed plan to transition into Senate or House of Reps and block immunity from expiring there is high likelihood he will be picked up to account for 2014 Ekitigate. So who will take the VP slot you reserved for him?

There are two things likely to happen in APC.
1- Buhari seek second term and he wins the primary.
In 2014 they were not in power, thus respected the diversity rule already in place...the executive will be cross regional and cross religion. They are the incumbent now, as a theory, they can rewrite the rule and do muslim/muslim. If that theory holds, Osinbajo can step down at the party primary for Buhari to pick Tinubu. Tinubu is popular in every region except SE.
This combo gives Buhari 4years with Tinubu returning to do 8 with a Northerner as VP. The outcome is the same if Osinbajo does not step down at primaries...he will have 8yrs following Buhari's completion.

2- Buhari drop out of the race at the primary. The constitution does not allow for substitution but allows for succession. If Buhari resigns or becomes incapacitated in office Osinbajo automatically succeeds. The office of Presidency will not be given to another Northerner because one quits. Twice this year we came very close to this point, the North feared a repeat of 2011. They still have this fear and are unsure if Buhari will complete a second term alive or in good health. Therefore the likelihood exist that even if Buhari show interest in a second term, delegates from North may vote against him in the primaries and put weight behind a younger, healthier and well educated Northerner. Unless there is an electoral act that stipulates against extensions of tenure by candidate swap, North will rule for 8years following Buhari's 4, totalling 12 before it rotates away to West.

These two positions are critical. Yoruba need to come up with strategy and tactic to keep its advantages and keep eyes on the goal to restructure.

More to come....

Boss you disappointed me with this your analysis.

On Fayose, we shouldn't denigrate our own in public. We are not the only ones in Nigeria. Nothing will happen to Fayose. Many people have committed gravier offenses in Nigeria and nothing has happened to them. He stands a good chance in picking the VP ticket because he deserves it. He was the only PDP governor in Nigeria that played opposition. He kept PDP alive.

For the rest, I beg to disagree. To even imagine dropping osinbajo for Tinubu is laughable. Tinubu has negative image in Nigeria, even in the south west. The only face of this government in the south is osinbajo. Dropping him for Tinubu is a political suicide.

Buhari will recontest with osinbajo and win. Osinbajo will pick the party's ticket in 2023 and win also.

Forget Tinubu, he will never near as rock. He's better of as a godfather he is.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by plessis: 1:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

Buhari will recontest with osinbajo and win. Osinbajo will pick the party's ticket in 2023 and win also.

some people, after drinking that their toilet soup, they lie on their wooden bench and start making nonsense permutations grin
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by cstr1000: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:
Atiku's vp will be contested by Fayose. That's his game plan. He never wanted SW to have the chairmanship position. I think Atiku will pick Fayose because of his political clout. No one else could ganer votes like him in the south.

Knowing south east will readily vote against buhari, that would be his best bet. Fayose won!
lol.

If you think the PDP will be stupid enough not to include the SE in its ticket, then you must be deluded.

All the atiku posturing to the SE, you think it is for nothing? You think he will sacrifice a sure thing in the SE for fayose that even his people will not support?

PDP is dead in the SW, remember. Go to your APC.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by cstr1000: 2:06pm On Dec 10, 2017
plessis:
some people, after drinking that their toilet soup, they lie on their wooden bench and start making nonsense permutations grin
I even want him to tell us how osibanjo will win.

Even his APC is looking to the SE for 2023.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
cstr1000:

lol.

If you think the PDP will be stupid enough not to include the SE in its ticket, then you must be deluded.

All the atiku posturing to the SE, you think it is for nothing? You think he will sacrifice a sure thing in the SE for fayose that even his people will not support?

PDP is dead in the SW, remember. Go to your APC.

In politics, You weigh your options, not emotions.

South east will always vote for PDP even without a VP. He needs to break south West. This is not 2015 when PDP was the incumbent, They need a serious bargaining chip to make an inroad in SW. SE can settle for SP.

Moreover, Uche Secondus is seen as Igbo, You can't be Chairman and VP. fayose is happy with this outcome.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2017
plessis:

Please dob't quote me if you have nothing relating to the discussion. I'm not in for that rubbish. Look for fellow pigs to roll with in the mud.

Thanks for your undestanding
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by cstr1000: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

In politics, You weigh your options, not emotions.

South east will always vote for PDP even without a VP. He needs to break south West. This is not 2015 when PDP was the incumbent, They need a serious bargaining chip to make an inroad in SW. SE can settle for SP.

Moreover, Uche Secondus is seen as Igbo, You can't be Chairman and VP. fayose is happy with this outcome.
Bullshitt.

Why do you think cries of marginalization have gone louder ? It is because the Igbo wants federal power.
That is exactly why APC wants to zone 2023 to the Igbo. And that is what PDP wants to counter.
A Yoruba cannot be VP in the APC and the PDP. PDP is not that stupid to annoy us that way.

Nothing else would do. Any party that wants our support knows what we want.

Uche secondus is from the SS from Rivers, and supported by wike. That is what we know.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
cstr1000:

I even want him to tell us how osibanjo will win.

Even his APC is looking to the SE for 2023.

If he he's given the ticket and has the backing of Buhari, he would win. Being the VP for 8 years is no joke. Though I don't think he's interested. Don't underestimate the power of incumbency in Nigeria. APC can't give the ticket to the SE if they don't have a stake in it.

Apc ain't losing the federal spot in the near future.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by cstr1000: 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

If he he's given the ticket and has the backing of Buhari, he would win. Being the VP for 8 years is no joke. Though I don't think he's interested. Don't underestimate the power of incumbency in Nigeria. APC can't give the ticket to the SE if they don't have a stake in it.

Apc ain't losing the federal spot in the near future.
He is not going to get any ticket, sorry.

He is even a tinubu boy, so the Fulani mafias will never allow such.

And besides, I don't see how political feasible it is for a SW to represent the south after OBJ already did.

APC would be telling the rest of the majority south a ''big fucck you'' if it gives the SW its ticket. And that is very stupid politics indeed.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2017
cstr1000:

Bullshitt.

Why do you think cries of marginalization have gone louder ? It is because the Igbo wants federal power.
That is exactly why APC wants to zone 2023 to the Igbo. And that is what PDP wants to counter.
A Yoruba cannot be VP in the APC and the PDP. PDP is not that stupid to annoy us that way.

Nothing else would do. Any party that wants our support knows what we want.

Uche secondus is from the SS from Rivers, and supported by wike. That is what we know.

No one takes cry of marginalization serious. You can't claim marginalization just because Buhari became president.

Yoruba can't be Vp of both parties but hausa can be The president of both parties.

I know he's from the SS but he's seen as igbo. Just like any Yoruba from the North central is seen as Yoruba. You can't have Saraki or Dino and A man from SW at the same time in Aso Rock.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
cstr1000:

He is not going to get any ticket, sorry.

He is even a tinubu boy, so the Fulani mafias will never allow such.

And besides, I don't see how political feasible it is for a SW to represent the south after OBJ already did.

APC would be telling the rest of the majority south a ''big fucck you'' if it gives the SW its ticket. And that is very stupid politics indeed.

Even Buhari is a Tinubu boy.

Apc is already telling the south east FU if go go by Buhari's body language. You guys have stated from the beginning that APC is Hausa and Yoruba party. Apc is not a national party like PDP and they are contented with that. All they need is win the election using their advantage.

1 Like

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by cstr1000: 2:23pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

No one takes cry of marginalization serious. You can't claim marginalization just because Buhari became president.

Yoruba can't be Vp of both parties but hausa can be The president of both parties.

I know he's from the SS but he's seen as igbo. Just like any Yoruba from the North central is seen as Yoruba. You can't have Saraki or Dino and A man from SW at the same time in Aso Rock.
lol.

No one takes it serious.?

I am still waiting to see which party will be foolish enough to give its ticket to the SW after OBJ when the igbos and the even the SS have not finished 8 years.

That party should forget the south in perpetuity.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by plessis: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

Please dob't quote me if you have nothing relating to the discussion. I'm not in for that rubbish. Look for fellow pigs to roll with in the mud.

Thanks for your undestanding
go and look for something doing. Read books or get a job. If you don't get busy, you'll end up looking for the head of a teenage virgin for ritual.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
cstr1000:

lol.

No one takes it serious.?

I am still waiting to see which party will be foolish enough to give its ticket to the SW after OBJ when the igbos and the even the SS have not finished 8 years.

That party should forget the south in perpetuity.
Did the south vote for APC in 2015? And I'm sure they won't in 2019. so?
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by MayorofLagos(m): 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

Boss you disappointed me with this your analysis.

On Fayose, we shouldn't denigrate our own in public. We are not the only ones in Nigeria. Nothing will happen to Fayose. Many people have committed gravier offenses in Nigeria and nothing has happened to them. He stands a good chance in picking the VP ticket because he deserves it. He was the only PDP governor in Nigeria that played opposition. He kept PDP alive.

For the rest, I beg to disagree. To even imagine dropping osinbajo for Tinubu is laughable. Tinubu has negative image in Nigeria, even in the south west. The only face of this government in the south is osinbajo. Dropping him for Tinubu is a political suicide.

Forget Tinubu, he will never near as rock. He's better of as a godfather he is.

Im going to respond on Fayose. I will not respond on Tinubu and APC....at least not now. There is time for everything and a proper time will emerge for me to revisit on it.

Put Nigeria aside for the moment, focus in on Yorubaland. Political drama is not new in our land. Palace coups and intrigues are not new to us. There is nothing in our contemporary political experience that cannot find parallel or cognate in the archive of political history in Yorubaland. How would Yoruba treat the drama of Ekitigate? In other words, if we are already a regional government and this happened, what should we do?
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2017
plessis:
go and look for something doing. Read books or get a job. If you don't get busy, you'll end up looking for the head of a teenage virgin for ritual.

Ignored
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Im going to respond on Fayose. I will not respond on Tinubu and APC....at least not now. There is time for everything and a proper time will emerge for me to revisit on it.

Put Nigeria aside for the moment, focus in on Yorubaland. Political drama is not new in our land. Palace coups and intrigues are not new to us. There is nothing in our contemporary political experience that cannot find parallel or cognate in the archive of political history in Yorubaland. How would Yoruba treat the drama of Ekitigate? In other words, if we are already a regional government and this happened, what should we do?

Since we are in Nigeria, we can't sacrifice our own to please Nigeria.

Ekitigate is gone for good.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by osazeeblue01: 2:31pm On Dec 10, 2017
I said it before in the previous threads that the YORUBAS are good in betraying people even their own brothers or sisters.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
Tell me who they betray. And I hope you know the meaning of the words you type.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2017
osazeeblue01:
I said it before in the previous threads that the YORUBAS are good in betraying people even their own brothers or sisters.

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by MayorofLagos(m): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

Since we are in Nigeria, we can't sacrifice our own to please Nigeria.

Ekitigate is gone for good.

So would it not be in Fayose's interest to not underestimate the ruling party?

If you dont want a subject treated you keep it tucked away, dont offer it to public. Fayose has been involved in everything related to Yoruba region and he is well loved by other governors. He has been in several public occassions with the VP. So I dont see how suggesting that he would need his immunity intact raises any flag that was not already up in the breeze. I dont see it! My analysis of his position is not an outing...its a part and parcel of assessing what vulnerabilities exist and what needs to happen to plug it. No one going for an executive post will be exused from scrutiny. You ought to know that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by MayorofLagos(m): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

Betray is a hot button Ibos use to sound relevant and engage us in debate. Lets us ignore yanminri on this thread, they are inconsequential to what will happen in 2019.
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by mercyville: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
plessis:
Let us enjoy this discuss,you dirty bloodeyed cannibal..
Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by konoplyanka: 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
MayorofLagos:

So would it not be in Fayose's interest to not underestimate the ruling party?

If you dont want a subject treated you keep it tucked away, dont offer it to public. Fayose has been involved in everything related to Yoruba region and he is well loved by other governors. He has been in several public occassions with the VP. So I dont see how suggesting that he would need his immunity intact raises any flag that was not already up in the breeze. I dont see it! My analysis of his position is not an outing...its a part and parcel of assessing what vulnerabilities exist and what needs to happen to plug it. No one going for an executive post will be exused from scrutiny. You ought to know that.
Thought you were insinuating that he would be harassed for the phantom Ekitigate.

If not, he doesn't need any immunity. All he needs is position himself for the VP position even though I know PDP can't win the forth coming election.

The ibos are talking of equity when they betrayed that principle by not conceding the chairmanship position to the south west. South West is the only region in the south not have held that position. They should have zoned it to the South West in the spirit of equity and justice.

Now they have no moral ground to complain when we contest the next presidency or vice presidency coming to the South.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by MayorofLagos(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
konoplyanka:

Thought you were insinuating that he would be harassed for the phantom Ekitigate.

If not, he doesn't need any immunity. All he needs is position himself for the VP position even though I know PDP can't win the forth coming election.

The ibos are talking of equity when they betrayed that principle by not conceding the chairmanship position to the south west. South West is the only region in the south not have held that position. They should have zoned it to the South West in the spirit of equity and justice.

Now they have no moral ground to complain when we contest the next presidency or vice presidency coming to the South.

Im not a Fayose fan but more than anything else Ive seen what Fayose can do and his resourcefullness to bridge gaps. Mimiko was distant, he listened to Jonathan in Abuja and avoided ACN Govs in public. He wouldn't even attend DAWN events except send representative. Fayose ia also a lone Governor in West and attends all functions with his brothers first as Yoruba, before partisan politics. They accord him the same respect. If he hosts a Yoruba summit in Akure they attend. I love that. Yorubaland does not all have to be APC or all PDP, in fact I wish one of our states will be SDP as well....but the key is for all of them to bond and represent the region as a common front of brotherhood. Fayose plays that role very well. Im not sure if you noticed, even though Akeredolu is APC his acceptance was at first slow. The body language showed it. He attends all events pertaining to the region and now when they are pictured together you can feel their cheer and fraternizing. So while im not his fan, Ayodele Fayose serves a role that I relate with and support. Likewise his stance on anti-grazing....not only did he make the law and create a process he also enforced the law and demonstrated the result.

Fayose is not dispensable but he is displaceable. Ekitigate is not a violation of Nigerian ethos because like you said his action is the norm in national landscape....but in Yorubaland supporting external interest to violate your brothers on their land, as was the case in Ekitigate, should not be tolerated.

Now to his VP ambition, let me ask you this....
1- do you sincerely believe that Atiku/Fayose personalities will make good working partnership at an executive position?

2- do you think beside Adamawa, and possibly Nassarawa and Abuja that Atiku is popular in the North?

On Ibo's strategy, regardless how they vote, their input, whether in APC, PDP, SDP, KOWA, APP, APGA.....has zero effect on voting outcome in 2019. They might as well declare an ofe onsala day and stay home rather than go stand in baking heat and rain for an election that does not bring them victory.

If PDP chooses a Christian Northerner Ibo will not be VP and if PDP choose a Muslim Northerner Ibo would still not be the VP choice. So whats the point of their noise?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman by michaelbiz: 1:43am On Dec 12, 2017
MayorofLagos:

Betray is a hot button Ibos use to sound relevant and engage us in debate. Lets us ignore yanminri on this thread, they are inconsequential to what will happen in 2019.

I cannot begin to explain how many times Igbo car dealers felt they could outsmart my customers.
But nay! The Yoruba customer would always detect that THIS IS A SALVAGE CAR!
I don't know how but other tribes hardly pay attention to 'the market they are pricing'.
Yoruba, I dab for una. Long live your exalted kingdom.

Whoever opened your eyes opened it well.

And for the Igbos trying ruthlessly hard to poison other tribes in the hatred against the Yoruba peeps that wholeheartedly accommodated you in their part of Nigeria, (something you can never see in the SouthEast until they have finished making fun of you), your punishment is already happening - nothing for you again in Nigeria. And Biafra sef if it ever happens, it will be year 2299, after Jesus must have come.
Na you and Satan go remain dey drag tribe. So help you God. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Truth Newspaper Imo. / They Have Made A Nonsense Of The Democracy We Fought For Says Olawepo Hashim / Nigeria’s External Debt Declines By 2%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.