Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,918 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913261 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2017
Niv25:

pls bro how its going to affect me, since am OK with school's curriculum?
And what do you think I should do thanks�

Dude perhaps you should read some interview transcripts here. It won’t help you to apply to just 1 school. Apply to more, you can choose whichever grants you admission later.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 11:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
Niv25:

pls bro how its going to affect me, since am OK with school's curriculum?
And what do you think I should do thanks�

In addition to what Twood said. If it's only one school you are applying to, No problem..

But, be rest assured that you will tell the VO the other schools you considered when applying to only one school and make sure that you are ready to explain why you considered so many schools and it's only one you applied to..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BenNash: 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
jamoyakz:
administrative fever have gotten to Lagos consulate.... please guys don't go with olu things!!!!
Are they asking from everyone ni??
I'm not going with oluwole o, just asking cuz my visa interview date is very late and it takes about 1 week to complete the administrative processing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 11:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
BenNash:

Are they asking from everyone ni??
I'm not going with oluwole o, just asking cuz my visa interview date is very late and it takes about 1 week to complete the administrative processing.

Sometimes, it takes a month.

Just pray to God, believe and you'll be fine. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 12:10am On Dec 12, 2017
TWoods:

Dude perhaps you should read some interview transcripts here. It won’t help you to apply to just 1 school. Apply to more, you can choose whichever grants you admission later.

Dude pls don't be mad at me...thou am making my research on other schools to apply to will still like you to still suggest some community colleges I can apply to..I have gone through the thread I have seen people that apply to only two schools but only one gave them but few cases of those that applied to only one .My major is computer science and I intend applying with my High school result..am going for the community colleges cause of the affordability..� pls guys your advices are welcomed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ability247(m): 1:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Niv25:

Dude pls don't be mad at me...thou am making my research on other schools to apply to will still like you to still suggest some community colleges I can apply to..I have gone through the thread I have seen people that apply to only two schools but only one gave them but few cases of those that applied to only one .My major is computer science and I intend applying with my High school result..am going for the community colleges cause of the affordability..� pls guys your advices are welcomed.

See, community colleges are not exactly charming to any VO. Applying to a community school will reduce your probability of getting that visa. I didn't say it's not possible to get it with one - some people have been that lucky - but the chances become dimmer.

Why do you want a community college so bad? Don't you want to get a degree that would enable you walk into anywhere with confidence? Even if you choose 3 community colleges and they scramble over you with admission letters, it won't impress the VO. In Nigerian parlance, they are "backyard schools" compared to the hundreds of finer colleges. So you will get asked why you are applying to only community colleges; like, why would you want to spend time and money on a backyard school?

As for being affordable, I understand your point of view, but that perspective may not hold water for the VO. Well, just prepare convincing answers by going through the thread for people that have gotten theirs with community colleges. Search, locate, copy, paste somewhere. Search chapter 10 to 12. Community colleges are usually more difficult to sell no matter the reason.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jangal(f): 1:25am On Dec 12, 2017
[quote author=oduzbaba89 post=63197402][/quote]

Nah. haven't done yet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jangal(f): 1:27am On Dec 12, 2017
gbaby4live:

This gonna be a bad news for some tho..

Yeah.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by texrem(m): 2:39am On Dec 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:
cool

That's a childish comment from that individual. Thank you for responding quickly and squashing it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by texrem(m): 2:43am On Dec 12, 2017
jamoyakz:
administrative fever have gotten to Lagos consulate.... please guys don't go with olu things!!!!

Please, stop saying all this here. Nobody goes there with that. angry angry angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:43am On Dec 12, 2017
cool... you guys here dont sleep.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by vikturaikay(m): 3:48am On Dec 12, 2017
Thanks and God bless you
Philtrik:
@Vikturaikay

Download this app on PlayStore
Cheap Flights Nigeria
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cheapyco.ng
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 3:51am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello Mr. Texerem. Post has been addressed I think. Kindly take down to remove your referencing. Good morning

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by vikturaikay(m): 4:11am On Dec 12, 2017
Please I am having issues getting a flight to Cleveland Ohio. Can I book a flight to New York and then connect to Cleveland by road. Or will it pose a problem at my POE. You know like " you are going to Cleveland, why stop in new York. Please I need an urgent suggestion because my school is about resuming thanks. Walspring Lagosismyhome, ijebuboy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:39am On Dec 12, 2017
Salomena:
Guyz, if you are academically sound and you are on a quest to study in the US, I encourage you to put in all it takes to get admitted to an Ivy league or very top US program. Aim to ace the GRE or GMAT, very high GPA, a well crafted personal statement/essays with compelling emotions and an achivement based profile with alot of volunteer experience. These schools look at intellectual vitality, leadership potentials, employability after graduation, class uniqueness and diversity and future supportive alumni network to mention but a few high points. See a transcript at the US embassy for F1 visa.
VO: your passport and i20
Hands over to the CO.
VO: congratulations on your Stanford GSB admission. Pick up your passport at the circled location and keep up the good work.

Another
VO: pass your documents, i20 and passport only.
Hands over.
VO: wow. Wharton Upen? Just once in a while we get to see intakes from Africa. What did you score in the standard test and what was your GPA?
Gmat 760 and GPA 4.89/5.0 scale.
VO: awesome. Thought as much.
Pick up u...blaaa nlaaa.

And guess what? before graduation, alot of fortune 500 companies will awash you with countless offer.

My advice, with God and a very good foundation, life becomes very easy. My 2cent to encourage my every intellectually curious minds.

This was practically mine and my younger brother's experience. If you ace your tests, and you're admitted to top US schools (often with full funding) you virtually get zero questions at the interview. Your path to staying in the US is also smoother.

For those looking for "cheap" schools or looking to scrimp out of taking standardized tests... good luck.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:41am On Dec 12, 2017
vikturaikay:
Please I am having issues getting a flight to Cleveland Ohio. Can I book a flight to New York and then connect to Cleveland by road. Or will it pose a problem at my POE. You know like " you are going to Cleveland, why stop in new York. Please I need an urgent suggestion because my school is about resuming thanks. Walspring Lagosismyhome, ijebuboy

No. Book your flight to wherever works for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 4:44am On Dec 12, 2017
Niv25:

1. If you say at the interview that you're going to a CC for cost reasons, then the logical conclusion is that you cannot afford to school in the US and you will be denied.

2. CCs do not grant bachelors degrees. You have to transfer to a regular 4-year degree granting university to obtain a bachelors. How do you intend to do that? Can you explain this at your interview?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by texrem(m): 5:00am On Dec 12, 2017
vikturaikay:

You can take greyhound bus to ohio. take the flight to new york. Depending on your pocket.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 5:03am On Dec 12, 2017
My Prayer goes to Mr Jerrypeacelinks, you shall upload your testimony in this part

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 5:20am On Dec 12, 2017
Lamzee:
My Prayer goes to Mr Jerrypeacelinks, you shall upload your testimony in this part

I just smiled. AMEN baba. My last transcript was so good as pointed out by the gurus here. I am hopeful for a greater outing in my next interview. Thanks a whole lot brother.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OjaP: 5:39am On Dec 12, 2017
BleepTWOOD:

I stopped worrying about Twoods when i saw his profile picture. That states clearly who he is

This your username get as e be ooo, I am actually rolling on the floor here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Haba!! It's not that serious cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by josiahese(m): 6:02am On Dec 12, 2017
Emmyirab:
Good day good people,
I just got an email from my school that my I20 has been shipped, so it'll probably get to me in a week.
When is it advisable to book my appointment for??
I'm thinking of booking for mid January.
Is that too early??

P.S: I'm going for Spring 2018 and classes start Mid April.

I won't advice you to go to the Embassy too early enough... I have a friend who went 3 months to his program he was denied... He was confident he did well... But the second time was a discussion.
I feel when you come too early it could show you have normal doing here in Nigeria, VO DIFFERS
So I advice a least a month

Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:28am On Dec 12, 2017
gbaby4live:

Oga Walspring,
Wetin happen?
No response all these while

Nothing happen ooo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:30am On Dec 12, 2017
vikturaikay:

Yes you can do that. if you want to trek to Cleveland Ohio it is allowed so that your name can be as record breaker grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2017
vikturaikay:
That's shouldn't be a problem, you can get a connecting flight or bus from any state.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dupsaw: 7:46am On Dec 12, 2017
Visa Approved today..

25 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:47am On Dec 12, 2017
Niv25:

How old are ? ...when did you finish secondary school ?

Although Cc is more difficult (although I am not a VO so speculation that it appears more difficult ) ...i have seen one or two get approval. Check pass transcript and use that as a guide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.