Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (919012 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by davidlogan: 9:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
femi312:
Yes you can, but it depends on the transfer policy of the school, you might be required to do a semester there before they approve your transfer while some will allow you to transfer almost immediately. I am assuming your end goal is a community college because I don't know why you can not just use the i20 of the school you want to transfer to, to save you some stress. Do your research well so you don't get stuck.

Thank Sir

Your right sir... it's community college oo
But I hear its difficult for VO to issue visa in community college...
Pls what's your advice sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2018
davidlogan:

Thank Sir

Do whatever is best for you, just find out the details first before you leap

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
Justwise ..... the post by Remily is resulting in a ban once you reply and then the comments are hidden . ... is there a reason why

though I enjoyed my double ban grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
LagosismyHome:
Justwise ..... the post by Remily is resulting in a ban once you reply and then the comments are hidden . ... is there a reason why

Lol all the hidden posts were because of that particular post. Enjoyed my own too and learnt my lessons �

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 2:18am On Feb 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

omo that post carry weight oohh grin they ban me I no fit talk again .. Ma no mention the name b4 anoda ban follow grin
Uncle $pam b@t weldone

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shayhune: 3:47am On Feb 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Don't mind Justwise. Someone said he don die when VO said his school is on a stripper's club and I gave a comment that his exclamation to that remark from the VO got me laughing (in fact, I'm presently laughing out loud as I'm typing sef grin). Remily asked for the next shot and I told him that the next shot is to apply to a better school, not one on stripper's club. Next thing, I can't find my comment again.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:04am On Feb 10, 2018
pepe4reps:
Pm me @ pwaf2015@vmail.com

Why don't you give the suggestion here? Others can benefit. P m for what? hope you are not an agent sha cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StarBoy54: 7:39am On Feb 10, 2018
205 dollars
lolibunm:
Pls house I need to confirm the cost of evaluation of result.I mean the total cost of evaluation of transcript sent from Nigeria school to evaluation company
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 7:55am On Feb 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I have not been actively online for days now so I don’t know the post you are referring to .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

. .. just noticed that people are getting banned by Antispambot for quoting this post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2018
justwise:

I have not been actively online for days now so I don’t know the post you are referring to .

I guess it must be the system.... it on page 117 at 4:17pm On Feb 07. If i mention the name that will be another ban grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 8:03am On Feb 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I guess it must be the system.... it on page 117 at 4:17pm On Feb 07. If i mention the nane that will be another ban grin

Strange
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 8:10am On Feb 10, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I guess it must be the system.... it on page 117 at 4:17pm On Feb 07. If i mention the name that will be another ban grin

I have seen it, everybody that quoted that post got banned for some reasons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:25am On Feb 10, 2018
justwise:

Merci beaucoup ......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 10:30am On Feb 10, 2018
justwise:

cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 10, 2018
grin
folmus:

Why don't you give the suggestion here? Others can benefit. P m for what? hope you are not an agent sha cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
justwise:

Initially, I thought something went down again. Probably the platform he posted it with attached some kind of weird character strings that are flagged by the antispambot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ndindiatu: 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
Me too I almost died from laughter hahahahaha grin grin oh my God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
for your sevis fee payment contact me at 08109798170 . Payment is via through money order.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abeeolars: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
please run from community colleges

davidlogan:

Thank Sir

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abeeolars: 5:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
i used WES during my time and it was around $205.
StarBoy54:
205 dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abeeolars: 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
All these transfer plans can be very risky at times. Why did you apply to the school when you know that you will be transferring eventually. I met a lady at Doha during my stop over, we bonded in no time but eventually she was not allowed to enter into the country because she was also pursuing this transfer plans and she miscalculated! Unfortunately for her. her school resumes in february but because she was trying to meet transfer deadline, she left naija much earlier. The immigration officer went through her phone and saw traces of her intentions etc on her chats which she cleared on whatsapp but were backed up in her email. They also found some implicating messages and she got some year ban alongside

davidlogan:

Please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abeeolars: 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
I love this Guy!

Scholastica16:
A lot of red herrings in Gunnerson’s post and some other things there are obviously right. My own take is how does someone “settle” for a post-doc? Have you seen the average salaries they earn? That is officially more than what President PMB and VP Osinbajo get in a year.

Then conversion of Naira to Dollar will only make sense if you earned your money in Naira and had to spend it in Dollars. How can someone who earns $2000 a month be angry that he spent $100 (5% of his earnings) on something because it is N36,000 in his head whereas maybe Nigerians buy same thing N30, 000. When the person who paid N30,000 for the said item earns N150,000 (20% of his income).

It is always right to compare your standard of living and ease of earning in the place where you pay N2M per year to the same one in Ojuelegba where you pay 500k.

And BTW, 1 Bedroom apartment where 3 people share one bathroom? Which Tenant Manager allowed you guys stay that way? Traditionally 1Bed rooms are more expensive than 2 and 3 bed rooms shared. If you wanted to be extra prudent you would have stayed in a 3bed room (that is where kitchen and bathrooms are shared) and paid 1/3rd of the price of a 1Bed room.

So you see, you were being hyperbolic just to pass your point. I can also poke holes in the big school talk because there are many people on here who did not go to MIT etc and are in very-well paying jobs but I get why you said it and I partially endorse that aspect of your post.

Understand that just like everything in life, the individuals play a huge role in their ultimate success over and above the school they attended, programs they opted for, luck or even class of degree. Everything should be viewed from the prism of context.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ibksolar: 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
ibksolar:
Hello guys.

I just moved to the US recently.

Please what's the cheapest and reliable way to transfer money from your Nigerian account to a US account.

Which route is the cheapest? MoneyOrder, TransferWire,PayPal?

thanks.

Hello everyone.

Can someone kindly answer this?

Thank you.

If there's anyone who needs naira, kindly PM me.

cc: Walspring, Lagosismyhome, scholastica16, justwise, Twoods
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
abeeolars:
All these transfer plans can be very risky at times. Why did you apply to the school when you know that you will be transferring eventually. I met a lady at Doha during my stop over, we bonded in no time but eventually she was not allowed to enter into the country because she was also pursuing this transfer plans and she miscalculated! Unfortunately for her. her school resumes in february but because she was trying to meet transfer deadline, she left naija much earlier. The immigration officer went through her phone and saw traces of her intentions etc on her chats which she cleared on whatsapp but were backed up in her email. They also found some implicating messages and she got some year ban alongside

shocked shocked .... wow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by davidlogan: 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
abeeolars:

I am yet to complete the application....i jus had that transfer plan in mind...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folakemmmi(f): 7:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
davidlogan:

I am yet to complete the application....i jus had that transfer plan
please modify this post, dont make the student visa difficult for genuine students VO do come here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Remily(m): 8:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
Teedawg:
omo that post carry weight oohh grin they ban me I no fit talk again .. Ma no mention the name b4 anoda ban follow grin
Uncle $pam b@t weldone
Meanwhile, I innocently sought for the adivice and to read people's comment on same. I got deprived of that. Well, I made my exclusive findings and I realized something must have gone wrong somewhere. I hope it isn't some of my village peeps playing some irreconcilable pranks on me. The school is real and genuine and there is no Stripper's club as postulated. Infact, a friend got his visa approved to same University yesterday.

I intend to reschedule an appointment before the month runs out. I think this isn't a bad idea?
And what might be the relative questions i will have to answer? I trust peeps on here to help me with life saving response. Abeg no ban dem again o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by StackNerd: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
femi312:
Hmm..nice write up but some of your points are not entirely true and shouldn't be taken at face value 1) Whether a state is mostly white does not indicate whether you will make it or not in the state. Infact some whites are more accommodating than some blacks. There are people who schooled in mostly white states and they never felt uncomfortable, they always contribute in class, Its left to you to show them that Africans are not dull as they think. Even when they talk about racism, I don't know what racism looks like, I cant even feel it even if you racially abuse me so far you don't touch me while saying your trash.
2) You talked about rent etc and you were converting to Naira while making your conclusion which I don't agree with. A graduate student on full tuition waiver earning average of $1120 after tax with no car is better off than a worker earning #250k in Nigeria. For instance, out of your $1120 lets assume you pay average rent of $500/month, phone bills of $30, Groceries of $100 and miscellaneous of $90, at the end of the day you are still left with $400 to save for raining day. $400 in today's exchange rate is about #144k. Can a person earning #250K working in Lagos save 144k in a month? Your answer is as good as mine. Not to even talk of the condition of living in Nigeria which is very poor, someone once said 'Everything in Nigeria can Kill you' which I totally agree with. I remember while working in Lagos then, I wake up 4:30am every day and I don't get home until at least 11pm just because of #150K per month, and that is basically the life of a typical average Lagosian. How can one grow old working like that? One will die young and that is not a curse. In summary if you are in Nigeria and you are not happy about your life,your Job or you are unemployed and if or not a graduate degree will get you closer to your dream then start working towards it. 3) You said 'do you want to deny yourself of true love by marrying a citizen because you want to become a citizen' My question is, so people that married citizens are not inlove? marrying a citizen won't give you true love? That's what your statement suggests and I want to believe that came out wrongly. 4) In as much I am a strong proponent of going to top ranked and good schools, we cant deny the fact that there are people who attended top schools and they find it hard to get jobs whereas people who attended even unranked schools get jobs. There is no hard rule to this, people's destiny is different and everything is by God's grace. What worked for you might not worked for someone else and vice versa, we should stop living/programming our lives based on people. I know a Nigerian guy that finished his 5 years Phd in Chemistry at University of Arkansas and got a job with SealedAir, I believe MT is even highly ranked than UA. Most international students getting a Phd are not getting it because they wanted to but man is got to do what he is got to do and you cant blame them, if you can survive Nigeria with all the stress, you should survive a Phd on the average. Africans are known to be hard worker and resilient and, luckily Phd might you more paths to permanent resident than a BSc or MSc would (http://www.greencardforphd.com/ https://www.phdgreencard.com/). People finish Phd and end up going to work in the Industry, America is not Nigeria where no one will employ a Phd holder except Tertiary Institutions.
5) On a joking note, as regards food I am a typical Ekiti man too and my taste bud was calibrated with Pounded Yam, I don't even think you are as picky as me. I cant eat and have never eaten a typical American food like Mac and Cheese, because it is tasteless, its irritates the hell out of me and that has never been a problem. You should adapt and you can always find rice, beans,Pasta etc except swallows in any store in the US. You can get African like foods in Hispanic section in various stores like Walmart or Indian stores. My ultimate question for you, if you have the chance, would you choose your present Phd or your past job/past unemployment in Nigeria?

Thumbs up @femi312.. Everything I wanted to say and more.
"People's destiny is different".

"I don't really understand how one can complain about food"

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.