Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913713 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hayor88(m): 10:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
good day to u all plss@all kindly help ASAP wats d diff betwn FALL and SUMMER? after denied last month...... can I go for SUMMER or fall....... Gid bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2018
Remily:

Meanwhile, I innocently sought for the adivice and to read people's comment on same. I got deprived of that. Well, I made my exclusive findings and I realized something must have gone wrong somewhere. I hope it isn't some of my village peeps playing some irreconcilable pranks on me. The school is real and genuine and there is no Stripper's club as postulated. Infact, a friend got his visa approved to same University yesterday.

I intend to reschedule an appointment before the month runs out. I think this isn't a bad idea?
And what might be the relative questions i will have to answer? I trust peeps on here to help me with life saving response. Abeg no ban dem again o.

You get mind ooo.... so you really want to go back with the same school shocked

There nothing genuine about the school.... it might exist but still unaccredited. If you have admission at Lincoln.... that might be a better option except if that one was a lie

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
hayor88:
good day to u all
plss@all
kindly help ASAP
wats d diff betwn FALL and SUMMER?
after denied last month......
can I go for SUMMER or fall.......
Gid bless

There are two different start date... what the difference between August (fall) and June (summer).

Yes anybody can go for any session, the most important thing is convincing the Vo that you are a credible student

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2018
The report reaching me now is that the new edition for Toefl and GRE discounted promo offer is available now for just 20 slots.

The only unfinished slot for the last edition will be attended to soon.

God will continue to honour all the benevolent guys who are making this possible in every area of their lives. Amen

It is still the same process with same rules and those who sent me email asking about it should send me email again.

N.B- I won’t keep slot for anyone and please have your details and cash at hand as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Harbhmborlar(m): 11:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
I ve sent yu a pm sir...
Walspring:
The report reaching me now is that the new edition for Toefl and GRE discounted promo offer is available now for just 20 slots.

God will continue to honour all the benevolent guys who are making this possible in every area of their lives. Amen

It is still the same process with same rules and those who sent me email asking about it should send me email again.

N.B- I won’t keep slot for anyone and please have your details and cash at hand as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
Harbhmborlar:
I ve sent yu a pm sir...

Pm replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
Awonla:
Pls guys my gre score is 281, I have bsc in mathematics which I graduated with 2:2 my last two years were of good grades on my transcript because I was told by someone that they always consider the last years most importantly I learnt that a lot of schools don't have much student applying for masters in mathematics, which schools can you suggest for me which will be easy to get admission and also funded if I can be lucky with that my gre score.

Hello Awonla

Please look at florida institute of technology.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 12:01am On Feb 11, 2018
Awonla:
Pls guys my gre score is 281, I have bsc in mathematics which I graduated with 2:2 my last two years were of good grades on my transcript because I was told by someone that they always consider the last years most importantly I learnt that a lot of schools don't have much student applying for masters in mathematics, which schools can you suggest for me which will be easy to get admission and also funded if I can be lucky with that my gre score.

@bold...yes that's true. Many schools with mathematics department have only MS students and most of these students are given funding with admission. Your GRE score is quite low to get you funding but applying to schools that don't require it is your best bet. Also you have something to show the VO during your interview when asked.

Is your 2.2 GPA up to 3.0? If yes, I strongly recommend Msc in Mathematics at University of Texas El Paso (UTEP). Their Math department admits only Msc students and 90% of all students admitted are given assistantship. GRE isn't required for admission and TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students. You only need to upload a scanned copy of your transcript at the time of application, international passport, statement of purpose, pay the $80 application fee and provide 2 strong references (your former lecturers especially). Note: you won't find the assistantship information I just mentioned on their webpage, it comes from an inside source. Also check out Cleveland State University. For their Msc in Math program, GRE is waived, TOEFL is waived for Nigerian students and they offer many assistantships too. Goodluck.

https://www.utep.edu/science/math/academic-programs/graduate/msmathematics.html
https://www.utep.edu/graduate/_Files/docs/admission-and-enrollment/contact-sheets/Science10.pdf

http://www.csuohio.edu/sciences/mathematics/ms-in-mathematics

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 12:24am On Feb 11, 2018
Hi everyone,
I did my research and discovered that WES fees is around 90 800, while ECE IS around $ 160-200 ...why then do most people go with WES if ECE is cheaper and faster, from what I heard...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 12:40am On Feb 11, 2018
whandeykoal:
Hi everyone,
I did my research and discovered that WES fees is around 90 800, while ECE IS around $ 160-200 ...why then do most people go with WES if ECE is cheaper and faster, from what I heard...

Hmmmmmmm. You only did research in economics and it goes beyond why people go with Wes and not Ece

Wes evaluation catapult gpa more than Ece.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 12:58am On Feb 11, 2018
Hello house,

Would love to travel with my baby for studies. I want my mum to come along. What visa type should I do for her? Is there something like Nanny/house help kind of visa?

Her visiting visa will expire very soon and I don't like that 6months pass for that b1/b2.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:04am On Feb 11, 2018
ijeomaobi1:
Hello house,

Would love to travel with my baby for studies. I want my mum to come along. What visa type should I do for her? Is there something like Nanny/house help kind of visa?

Her visiting visa will expire very soon and I don't like that 6months pass for that b1/b2.

Do you already have F1 student visa for yourself and F2 for your baby ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 1:57am On Feb 11, 2018
Remily:
A silent follower on this platform. Visa denied at 6:30am, 6 February, 2018.

V.O -Good morning
Me-Good morning
V.o-pass me your passport and i-20
V.o- where are you going in the US
Me- Stanton University, Garden Grove, CARLIFORNIA
V.o-How is it possible that the school's tuition will be below 3k dols.
Me- That's the tuition the school charges and I believe it's because its non-for profit institution.
V.o- Are you sure this is a real school?
Me- Yes I am. The school is Authorized by the BPPE.
V.o - She killed my moral. The school is situated on a strippers club!
me- Ewo! I don die.
V.o- Started typing and prolly searching for information about
V.o- Did you apply to any other school
Me- Yes. Lincoln University
V.o- And you picked Stanton over Lincoln?
Me- Yes. I had a first recommendation about Stanton.
v.o- sorry, i cant approve your visa.
Me- Choi! Thank you o

So gurus, what should be my next shot abeg? I just fall a victim sha

Don't go back with that school, if truly Lincoln admitted you, you can go with Lincoln i20 if you must refire asap, but I'll advice you to plan for fall 2018 and get a good school, even with Lincoln your chance is slimmer.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 5:49am On Feb 11, 2018
whandeykoal:
Hi everyone,

WES evaluation is more favorable than ECE and always comes out a few points higher than that of ECE after evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:09am On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=ibksolar post=64951538]

Hello everyone.

Can someone kindly answer this?

Thank you.

[b]If there's anyone who needs naira[/b],

I need naira o. How much you can you give me. Are you into charity? cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onihaxy: 6:26am On Feb 11, 2018
Walspring:

I just sent you an email bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Damidolly: 6:33am On Feb 11, 2018
Hello guru in the house, I need a response asap, I got an admission into a University in USA and the school did not require GRE score but 2 of my friends that got admitted as well got roasted during the interview just because they don't have any test result
Pls can I write TOEFL in case the VO requested for any English Proficiency Exam Score Or it is GRE that I must write
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EldeeA(m): 6:36am On Feb 11, 2018
I need help with my current situation
I went for my F1 visa interview last year and was denied maybe for the following reasons I guess
My maternal brother sponsoring had over 300million turn over in his acc but had 500000naira as balance
Later presented a statement of mine with 16 million ....so where could I have gone wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EldeeA(m): 6:57am On Feb 11, 2018
Nwosuobiz:
Hello everyone

Am new here so I really assistance on my us visa interview.
So today I went to abuja us embassy for my interview, they weren't really giving people visa but it got to my turn .the lady asked me why is specifically choose the school I want, my reply was they offered the course I wanted and a relative stays close by. She replied me and said there are so many other schools offering that course which I confirmed and told her that the school has a history of providing outstanding individuals in that field . Well she gave me back my passport and said I wasn't qualified. Sincerely this was my first interview and I thought I had it right, please I really need advise for my second interview
Cos I will reapply soon

Guys Mara answer her
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by psalmie007(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2018
@Andre79 I am new here, I want to apply for a student visa that's why I came to this platform to learn from people's experiences, please what are the necessary steps I need to take?
a response will be highly appreciated.

Andre79:

You applied for summer( that’s May 2018) ?

[/color][color=#000099]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EldeeA(m): 7:07am On Feb 11, 2018
Emmyirab:
Good day good people,
I just got an email from my school that my I20 has been shipped, so it'll probably get to me in a week.
When is it advisable to book my appointment for??
I'm thinking of booking for mid January.
Is that too early??

P.S: I'm going for Spring 2018 and classes start Mid April.
Get your self prepared
I was denied Twice last December. Travelling over from South Africa to apply.. So to me traveling experiences don't work with those guys even though I have years of experience working as a lecturer in South Africa.

The major point here is to get your self prepared.
Mostly your sponsor
Because I think had issues using my maternal step brother as a sponsor at first then later my self as a co sponsor. But my brother's acc has turn over of 300m but balance or 500k which doesn't make any sense to pay a tuition a of 15k dollar and expense of 10k dollars.

Let's just hope this forum assist cos people judge easily here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omomayelakesi: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2018
Good morning boss, I have my details and money ready. Please how do I benefit from this opportunity? And do I use the pm thing? Pleaseeeeeee!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omomayelakesi: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2018
Thanks boss and thanks to all the benefactors who put in their hard earned resources, I just sent you a mail
Walspring:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kacey007: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Walspring:

Email sent.
I dont know the procedure though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Flexyshyo: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hello everyone, I am new on this thread and I have a question to ask. Please how do I evaluate my transcript without Wes or any of this bodies to a u.s scale on my own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
Flexyshyo:
Hello everyone, I am new on this thread and I have a question to ask. Please how do I evaluate my transcript without Wes or any of this bodies to a u.s scale on my own.
www.wes.org use the free cgpa calculator but if ur school requested for international evaluation,using wes or ece makes it credible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
Teedawg:

No
No
No
Yes
Thanks much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Aitonline:
INTERESTED!
Interested in what, my case?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
EldeeA:

Get your self prepared
I was denied Twice last December. Travelling over from South Africa to apply.. So to me traveling experiences don't work with those guys even though I have years of experience working as a lecturer in South Africa.

The major point here is to get your self prepared.
Mostly your sponsor
Because I think had issues using my maternal step brother as a sponsor at first then later my self as a co sponsor. But my brother's acc has turn over of 300m but balance or 500k which doesn't make any sense to pay a tuition a of 15k dollar and expense of 10k dollars.

Let's just hope this forum assist cos people judge easily here

You didn't tell us other places you have been to. While it's not only the yardstick to determine your eligibility, it does help if you have travelling experience to allies countries. However, travelling alone does not guaranty your eligibility. You must prove yourself to be a genuine student. Someone who has never been to the airport will get Visa if he can convince the VO of his intention before anybody who has lived in SA. So to have lived in SA for years is not the case, you need to convince the VO. Each case is different.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adesbaba: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2018
Family

Please as contract staff worker,with less pay..bsc accounting with 2:2,...can't save high money for all this TOEFL ,GRE exams but want to go for MSC in USA either in finance,accounting or management... Pls what options or schools do I have...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 5:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
adesbaba:
Family

Please as contract staff worker,with less pay..bsc accounting with 2:2,...can't save high money for all this TOEFL ,GRE exams but want to go for MSC in USA either in finance,accounting or management... Pls what options or schools do I have...
interesting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MasterforceII: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Anyone here applied for EE Masters at Uni of Illiinois, Urbana Champaign? Already seeing admits on gradcafe and I'm getting frantic.
Also who on here can't stop checking gradcafe every 30mins?
Lol. Really need to calm down. Our admits are enroute.
#Fall2018 #YesWeCan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.