Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915752 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2018
qdamilola:
Hello guys,

Please a school I am applying to needs me to have my financial affidavit “Notarized”

Please is there anyone with ideas on how I can do that here in lagos and how much it would cost?

Before u come for me, I have tried using google... I just want to know if anyone here knows about It

Thank you very very very much
Google is the same place I will direct you to but this time, google with phrase like 'where to notarize in lekki, ajah, abule egba etc' I remember I used one then like some 5years ago in Ikota shopping complex in Ajah. All the person has to do is just stamp and sign, could be less than or a little more than #1500 but you can negotiate by saying you are a student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 5:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
henrymor:
Hello fam,

How are you all doing? Please I have been looking for answers to some questions and I will be glad if I can find answers to them here. Thanks

1. As someone who wish to do Masters in the US, is it necessary I sit for TOEFL and GRE before I can apply?

2. I graduated with 2.2 can I see a school that will give me admission?

3. Is it true that I can go for diploma before entering for masters since I have second class lower?

4. As a geologist and someone who wish to do Masters in earth sciences which schools can you suggest to me?

5. When period of the year is the application form always available for international students?

Thank you as I expect response to my questions

1. As a geologist which falls under sciences, I'm sure you will need GRE. English is not our native language in Nigeria, so I bet you will need toefl as well.

2. It's possible, just evaluate your transcript to 4.0

If the outcome is 2.5 and above, you can get regular admission with good GRE SCORE.

3. Most schools in USA don't accept Nigeria pgd. You may make your own research though.

4. No body will suggest a school since we don't know your Cgpa. Get your evaluation first, Ace GRE, then we can now suggest for you based on your profile.

5. Available during falls and springs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
femi312:
Google is the same place I will direct you to but this time, google with phrase like 'where to notarize in lekki, ajah, abule egba etc' I remember I used one then like some 5years ago in Ikota shopping complex in Ajah. All the person has to do is just stamp and sign, could be less than or a little more than #1500 but you can negotiate by saying you are a student.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
henrymor:
Hello fam,

How are you all doing? Please I have been looking for answers to some questions and I will be glad if I can find answers to them here. Thanks

1. As someone who wish to do Masters in the US, is it necessary I sit for TOEFL and GRE before I can apply?

2. I graduated with 2.2 can I see a school that will give me admission?

3. Is it true that I can go for diploma before entering for masters since I have second class lower?

4. As a geologist and someone who wish to do Masters in earth sciences which schools can you suggest to me?

5. When period of the year is the application form always available for international students?

Thank you as I expect response to my questions
1) Doing toefl or GRE depends on the school requirement. GRE is not used in leu of Toefl, they are not testing the same skills. You can be required to do GRE or toefl or both GRE and Toefl. 2) Sure you will but you might need to do some standardized exam to increase your chances 3) No its not 4) Make use of google and msinus.com 5) September of the year before you plan to resume. Basically there are 2 major admision season, Autumn (August) and Spring (January). If you plan to resume in August 2109, application is open in September 2018. For spring I think its January/February
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 6:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=65032527]

of course it is not a red flag school .....research should have shown you that this a standard school

That been said , I dont know your pocket but apart from tuition , the Living standard in Some part of California are not for babies ooo . By the time you convert from Naira it is a lot . In this economy , it always better to attend a school with not so high rent and living expenses but if you can afford it then why not . [/quot0e]
Lagosismyhome, you correct no be small, I entered Cali few weeks back, the cost of leaving no be beans o, especially house rent, but if you're the type that can study and huzzle at the same time, Cali is good for you, you go jab and forget your lectures days

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
To all those who sent me pm, i have replied you all.

To all those who are asking me to help them check their ETS account and help choose and pick available date for their exam, let it be known that i don't do such my own is to get your exam details with payment and send it out for registration. If i see such email or similar message i won't reply that person
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
James89:
Please house,I really need your answers to some basic questions.
1.can someone who studied a science course choose another course entirely for masters program in the US,and if so how easy will that be.
2.with a CGPA of 2.55/5.0,what schools can I apply to,please kindly recommend if any and what’s the probability for admission.any further advise will be honestly appreciated.
Please house I need your response on this,so I know what step to take.THANK YOU.

Please someone should kindly answer my questions now,since morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MabraO: 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lasthero good evening
Pls I have some questions to ask.

Graduated with third class from uni nd looking for school that offer pgd.
How do I evaluate my cgpa
And do I need tfel?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 7:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
Anyone applied to washington state university for fall 2018??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 7:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hello house, i spoke to a graduate coordinator in florida international university who told me there are funding opportunities and it is also stated on their website. Anyone in the university who has benefited from their financial aid??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by align360: 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2018
imperiouxx:

Wrong thread. Go to B1/B2 thread

Happy birthday boss man!! Thanks for being part of the success of this thread and for your endless service. Enjoy your day!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 8:38pm On Feb 13, 2018
James89:
Please house,I really need your answers to some basic questions.
1.can someone who studied a science course choose another course entirely for masters program in the US,and if so how easy will that be.
2.with a CGPA of 2.55/5.0,what schools can I apply to,please kindly recommend if any and what’s the probability for admission.any further advise will be honestly appreciated.
Please house I need your response on this,so I know what step to take.THANK YOU.

1) Which course do you have in mind to switch to?

2) Your GPA is quite low to get you direct admission with it. You NEED to do WES evaluation which would come out to be around 2.8/4.0. Some schools like Morgan State University, Towson University etc. accept at least 2.5/4.0 but only WES evaluated transcripts.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lyrondee: 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2018
Happy birthday Oga imperiouxx, wishing you success in your endeavours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ODAVI(m): 9:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
femi312:

Please go to British council to get it done within 1500 per document and with valid international recognition.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sheke01: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2018
Hello house, I got admitted at University of North Carolina at Charlotte for masters in information technology(fall semester) and the graduate coordinator mailed me saying funding is limited for masters student but I would be able to get on campus job when I resume and I would be considered for assistanceship on my second semester.
please my question now is, how much can one possibly make via on campus job (Best case and worst case scenario)
please all manner of response would be appreciated so that i can make a good decision as am still awaiting admission decisions from UTEP, Cleveland state University and Arizona state University
Lagosismyhome, BigFrancis21,femi312, align360, folmus, Walspring, Imperiouxx, and every guru in the house

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
@ jamoyakz,

Chai! I forgot nothing is secret. Thank you!

@Jumybecks, Nwabu007, temi4fash, Sorelee, align360, lyrondee

Thank you guys.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
imperiouxx:
@ jamoyakz,

Chai! I forgot nothing is secret. Thank you!

@Jumybecks, Nwabu007, temi4fash, Sorelee, align360

Thank you guys.

God bless you!
you most welcome Egbon... best wishes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2018
sheke01:
Hello house, I got admitted at University of North Carolina at Charlotte for masters in information technology(fall semester) and the graduate coordinator mailed me saying funding is limited for masters student but I would be able to get on campus job when I resume and I would be considered for assistanceship on my second semester.
please my question now is, how much can one possibly make via on campus job (Best case and worst case scenario)
please all manner of response would be appreciated so that i can make a good decision as am still awaiting admission decisions from UTEP, Cleveland state University and Arizona state University
Lagosismyhome, BigFrancis21,femi312, align360, folmus, Walspring, Imperiouxx, and every guru in the house
First of all, on campus job is very limited in most schools in North Carolina (Chapel hill, NC state etc) , why? I don't really know. I am not God but your chances are very slim, so don't bank on it. As regards funding, Assistantship for masters student in NC does not waive your tuition, all it does is pay you monthly stipend but if you are lucky, and you get an RA from a project, the RA will only pay your instate tuition, you still have to pay the difference yourself.Note that NC is not a state like Texas or Maryland where you can hustle your way out, there is practical no way except loans which I wont even advise you to take. You can just wait and see your other options as admission decision rolls in, you don't have to accept the admission decision now

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by koolkesh(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Good day house,

I have been going through the thread but considering its a very long thread I decided to ask my question, because I did not see my question amongst the ones I have read and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Preamble: I am applying for a masters program in The University of North Carolina Wilmington (if anyone know about the school I'd appreciate a little feedback). The course I am applying for does not require GRE (It is written on the school website and an email from the school also confirms this). I am currently working with the federal government.

Questions:

1. Please my parent intend to sponsor my Masters program, but does the bank statement I need to present show all the money for tuition and living expense? or I can submit other supporting document like assets proofing they are more than capable?
2. Is it advantage to state that I know someone in the state the school I am applying in is or it is a disadvantage?
3. Do foreign student easily get financial aid?
4. Any advise on what to state to support the reason for the school one chooses would be highly appreciated.

I'd appreciate any input giving.

Many thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 3:45am On Feb 14, 2018
bigfrancis21:

1) Which course do you have in mind to switch to?

2) Your GPA is quite low to get you direct admission with it. You NEED to do WES evaluation which would come out to be around 2.8/4.0. Some schools like Morgan State University, Towson University etc. accept at least 2.5/4.0 but only WES evaluated transcripts.
Thanks so much bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 5:28am On Feb 14, 2018
sheke01:

Normally, on-campus jobs can only sustain your living expenses (rent, feeding, transportation, utilities, miscellaneous etc.), that is if you work up to 20 hours per week. Don't bank on on-campus jobs to pay your school fees - they won't support you.

Femi just mentioned how limited on-campus jobs are in most schools in NC, so be aware of that. Normally, the smaller the school/campus the limited/fewer the on-campus jobs available. Don't make a final decision yet as to which school to attend until you hear from your other schools by April/May.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yusbab(m): 6:13am On Feb 14, 2018
OK I will make sure I do DAT soon
lasthero:

First evaluate your transcript to 4.0

The outcome will determine the recommendations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nestkojex(m): 7:23am On Feb 14, 2018
femi312:
Your next shot is to apply to a better school, you are even lucky the VO told you the reason. It wqs very glaring
Lol... Femi ooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 14, 2018
sheke01:

hi

can you hint us on your profile?
i mean gre score and the rest
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2018
hello house please I need the link to any active SAT thread.

thanks cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 8:48am On Feb 14, 2018
MabraO:
Lasthero good evening
Pls I have some questions to ask.

Graduated with third class from uni nd looking for school that offer pgd.
How do I evaluate my cgpa
And do I need tfel?

Thanks

Good morning, the USA don't use class like we do here in Nigeria as yardstick for admissions. Rather, they use Cgpa grades.

I will advice you to first evaluate your Cgpa to 4.0 using Wes free evaluation,

And also, I don't know if usa offers pgd. What I know is that they offer second bachelor for people with low grade.

Just try to evaluate your results first, then we pick it up from there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 8:51am On Feb 14, 2018
James89:

Please someone should kindly answer my questions now,since morning

Yes, you can switch fields, as long as you are able to convince the VO about your reasons,

Evaluate that transcript to 4.0 first, I will suggest you use grades during evaluation

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Topweez(m): 8:54am On Feb 14, 2018
HBD sir Imperioux
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temi4fash(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2018
lasthero:

Thanks for your last advice.

I mount pressure on my department and exam records. When I wasn't getting any reasonable response, I met a lawyer and filed a 500million naira damage suit against the school. Immediately they got the court notice, they provided my transcript within 5 days, they even paid for my Wes evaluation. Lol

I don scatter laugh for here oooo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MabraO: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2018
lasthero:

Good morning, the USA don't use class like we do here in Nigeria as yardstick for admissions. Rather, they use Cgpa grades.

I will advice you to first evaluate your Cgpa to 4.0 using Wes free evaluation,

And also, I don't know if usa offers pgd. What I know is that they offer second bachelor for people with low grade.

Just try to evaluate your results first, then we pick it up from there

Ok thank you very much
I will do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by psalmie007(m): 1:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
hello people, I've been reading everybody's idea on how to get a visa for a few days now, I intend to get a student visa and I dont know which steps to take, please who can help me out for guidance? and I need to take actions ASAP as I heard admission closes by April... a recommended school will help too, Texas precisely.
thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
imperiouxx:
@
God bless you!

Happy Birthday .... cheers to many more blessed years ahead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.