Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915741 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beezyblaze(m): 11:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
thacokeboy:
a Good school though

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 12:18am On Feb 15, 2018
Ooh thanks alot dear...how much were u charged??

Lizzy55:

My school requested for that too, thought I could do it at any waec office but was directed to the headquarter at Yaba Lagos. It is sent via courir service,you will be asked which you want to use. I used UPS.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by JAMESOJAY: 12:52am On Feb 15, 2018
HOW MUCH IS INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IN NIGERIA 2018 ? ( COST & RENEWAL )

32 PAGES: The 32 pages type can be for different categories of people, with different charges. Price listed below

a. MINOR – A day old – 17 years #12,500
b. ADULT – 18 years – 59 years #19,500
c. ELDERLY 60 years and above #12,500
64 PAGES :– The official fee for 64 Pages is #24,500 for all category of applicants.

The Nigerian Immigration is collecting 30 thousand why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:22am On Feb 15, 2018
JAMESOJAY:
HOW MUCH IS INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IN NIGERIA 2018 ? ( COST & RENEWAL )

32 PAGES: The 32 pages type can be for different categories of people, with different charges. Price listed below

a. MINOR – A day old – 17 years #12,500
b. ADULT – 18 years – 59 years #19,500
c. ELDERLY 60 years and above #12,500
64 PAGES :– The official fee for 64 Pages is #24,500 for all category of applicants.

The Nigerian Immigration is collecting 30 thousand why?
If you want to get your passport for that amount you listed, which is the official price, you'll surely get it, just that you might need to wait for 9 months or there about, in summary, the excess charges is for fast processing within days, and also VIP takes hours, naija things cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:58am On Feb 15, 2018
Coloniel5000:
Hello gurus in the house, I would appreciate if you'd answer this for me.

I got admitted to WIU no funding yet but I'm about applying. the former graduate coordinator once told me they don't giving GA positions to new graduate students during their first semester but as from second semester upward.

can I handle the expenses for that first semester, while I work hard to get a funding by the second semester?

am putting this forward to hear your opinions because I didn't apply to any other school safe WIU.

This question is better answered by yourself. However, go to that school website, check the tuition fee and living expenses. Calculate your tuition with number of hours you will do and add your living expenses +medical. Whatever you get, ask yourself the above question. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abigalbee98(f): 6:59am On Feb 15, 2018
biikeys:

Postdocs don't earn much
morning oga biikeys....I sent u a DM pls i nfly reply its urgent..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:38am On Feb 15, 2018
Coloniel5000:
Hello gurus in the house, I would appreciate if you'd answer this for me.

I got admitted to WIU no funding yet but I'm about applying. the former graduate coordinator once told me they don't giving GA positions to new graduate students during their first semester but as from second semester upward.

can I handle the expenses for that first semester, while I work hard to get a funding by the second semester?

am putting this forward to hear your opinions because I didn't apply to any other school safe WIU.

Expenses depends on how much you have to travel with verus what you have to spend ..... Only you can do the maths. In some cases if the tuition is not too high It difficult but possible if it one semester .

Although you need to also plan for what if you don't get funding at all as well......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Zemanova: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2018
beezyblaze:

What about university of Indianapolis ...
University of Baltimore
And Morgan state University
Please of the 3... which is the best??
l

Please how about Westcliff university in California
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by petarrhh(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2018
Good morning E-family, finally back here after some time away.
Through with my undergraduate studies
Hoping to apply for either Msc/PhD (fall 2019) aiming to get full funding as well.
Profile:
GPA 4.50/5.0
GRE and TEOFL in view
Course: Mechanical engineering with interest in Energy Studies
Shortlisted schools for now:
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Georgia Institute of Technology
University of Texas, Austin/Arlington
Texas A&M, College Station
University of Maryland,college park
University of Wisconsin, Madison
Arizona state university, Tempe
University of Tennessee, Knoxville

I need you guys to help me vet this list of schools and recommend more to me. You input will be highly appreciated
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kyautaz: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2018
Hello people I'm currently a 500 level medical student in the Abia State University. My visa interview is on 21st of this February. I just want to go for visiting and tourism. Please any advices?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
English is not Nigeria's native language , we all have our various native languages depending on your tribe but one can basically say English is Nigeria's official language.

What Nigerians speak is ANYTHING but English!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good day guys please how much does ECE charge to complete course-by-course evaluation of transcript.I will like to hear from guys that have used them before.Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 15, 2018
TWoods:

America has no such law. They have an F2 visa that allows you to take your family but there is no law that says that you are entitled to the F2 visa. If you went to court based on that, you will lose. As you said, it is the discretion of the VO to issue the visa... he will issue the visa based on how much ties your family has that will compel them to return to the country after your studies, not on how much the separation is hurting them.

Bottomline, a non immigrant has no rights to a US visa. That has been made clear by the courts time and time again.
How can one live in the USA permanently and work. Which is the best form of visa to use and most reliable...I need the bitter truth plsss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by koolkesh(m): 2:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
koolkesh:
Good day house,

I have been going through the thread but considering its a very long thread I decided to ask my question, because I did not see my question amongst the ones I have read and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Preamble: I am applying for a masters program in The University of North Carolina Wilmington (if anyone know about the school I'd appreciate a little feedback). The course I am applying for does not require GRE (It is written on the school website and an email from the school also confirms this). I am currently working with the federal government.

Questions:

1. Please my parent intend to sponsor my Masters program, but does the bank statement I need to present show all the money for tuition and living expense? or I can submit other supporting document like assets proofing they are more than capable?
2. Is it advantage to state that I know someone in the state the school I am applying in is or it is a disadvantage?
3. Do foreign student easily get financial aid?
4. Any advise on what to state to support the reason for the school one chooses would be highly appreciated.

I'd appreciate any input giving.

Many thanks.

Please house I'd appreciate your contributions, questions and advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temi4fash(m): 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2018
koolkesh:
Good day house,

I have been going through the thread but considering its a very long thread I decided to ask my question, because I did not see my question amongst the ones I have read and your help would be greatly appreciated.

Preamble: I am applying for a masters program in The University of North Carolina Wilmington (if anyone know about the school I'd appreciate a little feedback). The course I am applying for does not require GRE (It is written on the school website and an email from the school also confirms this). I am currently working with the federal government.

Questions:

1. Please my parent intend to sponsor my Masters program, but does the bank statement I need to present show all the money for tuition and living expense? or I can submit other supporting document like assets proofing they are more than capable?
2. Is it advantage to state that I know someone in the state the school I am applying in is or it is a disadvantage?
3. Do foreign student easily get financial aid?
4. Any advise on what to state to support the reason for the school one chooses would be highly appreciated.

I'd appreciate any input giving.

Many thanks.

1. Atleast for I20 Sake it has to show it even if they more than capable.

2. I would not say.. I have seen people who have been rejected and same accepted so it all boils down to what works for you

3. Depends on the school Policy. Some schools and program are generous than some other. Only the grad cord of the school can clarify that

4. Ask yourself, Why am i going to the school, How does it fit to my career goals? Read all you need on the program website.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hello guys please how does wes normally send back documents for verication to schools, is through email,courier or what means? Bcuz my status has changed to "awaiting verification from my institution".Please if it's through email someone should let me know i want to give my sch a call.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
TWoods:

America has no such law. They have an F2 visa that allows you to take your family but there is no law that says that you are entitled to the F2 visa. If you went to court based on that, you will lose. As you said, it is the discretion of the VO to issue the visa... he will issue the visa based on how much ties your family has that will compel them to return to the country after your studies, not on how much the separation is hurting them.

Bottomline, a non immigrant has no rights to a US visa. That has been made clear by the courts time and time again.
please hox I need your help. I am a masters degree holder in animal science and I intend to work in the states precisely Texas. I don't want to go there schooling again but to work. Which is the best method for me to adopt so as to work and live in Texas. thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 15, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Hello guys please how does wes normally send back documents for verication to schools, is through email,courier or what means? Bcuz my status has changed to "awaiting verification from my institution".Please if it's through email someone should let me know i want to give my sch a call.

Email

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
Bolisticbond026:
Good day guys please how much does ECE charge to complete course-by-course evaluation of transcript.I will like to hear from guys that have used them before.Thanks in advance.
https://accounts.ece.org/Page/ServicesAndFees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by anikemoses(m): 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2018
I have $ in exchange of Naira..holla at me if ur interested
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lyrondee: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2018
frankdre:
please hox I need your help. I am a masters degree holder in animal science and I intend to work in the states precisely Texas. I don't want to go there schooling again but to work. Which is the best method for me to adopt so as to work and live in Texas. thanks

Wrong thread

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2018
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mitchely: 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2018
brightdocare:
Goodday house,Please after filling My ds 160 application, at the uploading stage my passport photograph was rejected saying does not meet the requirements..although I have resize it to 600 px-600px
What do I do from here?
Urgent please
Thanks
The requirement is more than just the size, you may need to retake another passport, avoid scanned and unclear copies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Iamkoolkay: 11:50pm On Feb 15, 2018
Not running from it just trying to cut expenses. I intend to go for Msc in Business Analytics though with a Bsc in Accounting(4.00), already done IELTS(7.5)...What is your advise,sir.

femi312:
You don’t even sound like a genuine student right now, you are sounding like someone whose main goal is to run away. Anyways most good don’t require you to make payment before leaving Nigeria. At for schools that don’t require GRE, it depends on your course of study and for your own good, its better you stop running from GRE

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by godG: 12:52am On Feb 16, 2018
petarrhh:
Good morning E-family, finally back here after some time away.
Through with my undergraduate studies
Hoping to apply for either Msc/PhD (fall 2019) aiming to get full funding as well.
Profile:
GPA 4.50/5.0
GRE and TEOFL in view
Course: Mechanical engineering with interest in Energy Studies
Shortlisted schools for now:
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Georgia Institute of Technology
University of Texas, Austin/Arlington
Texas A&M, College Station
University of Maryland,college park
University of Wisconsin, Madison
Arizona state university, Tempe
University of Tennessee, Knoxville

I need you guys to help me vet this list of schools and recommend more to me. You input will be highly appreciated
Thanks

On, Wisconsin! ☺ I like it when folks have UW on their list.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 4:43am On Feb 16, 2018
Iamkoolkay:
Not running from it just trying to cut expenses. I intend to go for Msc in Business Analytics though with a Bsc in Accounting(4.00), already done IELTS(7.5)...What is your advise,sir.

Research for school using google, msinus.com, thegradcafe.com. if they require gre/gmat then take the test. Your IESLT is just an English proficiency exam, its never used in leu of GRE/GMAT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 11:00am On Feb 16, 2018
All I need at the moment is financial and material support for my IELTS test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tezzyj: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
Good afternoon house please I want to ask if there's any school in US that one can apply for that don't need to write SAT/TOEFL and I want to know more about the visa processing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kcwitch(m): 12:18pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hello everyone, I need honest opinions. I intend registered for GRE March. But since I'm yet to apply to any school (no transcript). Will it be cool to postpone my GRE date and apply for Fall 2019 or Spring? Which term is better to obtain funding?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 16, 2018
Mitchely:
The requirement is more than just the size, you may need to retake another passport, avoid scanned and unclear copies.

Thanks for your respond
you mean I should avoid scanning it before uploading it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by chinemomah2020(m): 1:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
brightdocare:

Thanks for your respond
you mean I should avoid scanning it before uploading it?

Yes.. you don't need scanned copy, just tell them to send you the soft copy to your laptop or your phone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
bigfrancis21:

1) Which course do you have in mind to switch to?

2) Your GPA is quite low to get you direct admission with it. You NEED to do WES evaluation which would come out to be around 2.8/4.0. Some schools like Morgan State University, Towson University etc. accept at least 2.5/4.0 but only WES evaluated transcripts.

Please bro,can we talk on watsapp

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.