Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,436 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915949 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by oyeleye22: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
gbaby4live:
For this month..
We have. 19, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28..
And I think from Jan 8 upward, there gonna be cheap flight fare as well...

But Jan 1 till 5 is kinda high a bit...

NB: Sometimes, it's not stable o and according to others here it's better to book probably at midnight cos there's always a discount at Midnight...

Just saw 398 on 25th

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluabiguy: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
Niv25:

Oga pls if you dont kmow what to say...pls keep quiet and dont delude people with your wrong informations...pls where did you get all this from??

SMH.... imagine

My people always say “fly wey no dey hear word go follow dead body enter grave”

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aldexrio(m): 12:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
Messibliss207:
Hello fam. You guys are the bomb. My visa was approved this morning 13th... Lagos.
I got into Lagos yesterday and lodged at New World hotel in Obalande. It's less than 10 minutes to the embassy. I was interviewed by the black woman in window 4. She was sharing blue paper like biscuit. She denied my friend who I went with. Here's my transcript

VO: (smiling back at me) good morning ma'am

ME: good morning ma

VO: pass your passport and i20. Where are you going to in the US

ME: i'm going to Ball State University in Muncie Indiana

Vo: what's your major

Me: Computer Information Systems

VO: what's your highest degree

ME: BA English Language

VO: why the change to Computer Information System

ME: I caught a passion for IT while in the uni. And as the media director in school I had a lot to do with the computer. Also Nigeria is transferring her business processes from manual to automated so acquiring technical skills will make me remain relevant in the Nigerian business world. I hope to build business modules and softwares that will revolutionize the Nigerian business world. (she was nodding at this point so i continued) I hope to run projects with organisations like Andela that are promoting ICT to women in developing countries like Nigeria to close the gender gap between the male and females in the ICT field in Nigeria. This is because according to the Nigerian National Bureau of statistics, the ratio of male to female in the ict field in Nigeria is 3:1 so I hope to work with these organizations to run projects that will close this gender gap. (at this point she was smiling widely)

VO: how did you hear about Ball State University

ME: the first time I heard about ball state uni was at an education seminar in port Harcourt in 2015. (she nods in agreement like say she follow me go) Then my uncle also recommended it

Vo: (cuts in) how did your uncle hear about this school

Me: he stays in Indiana though in forte Wayne but he told me the school is one of the best in Indiana. (she nods) (I continued) I also carried out a research about the school and the community where ball state is situated

Vo: whos paying

Me: my uncle. He's a Medical Consultant and the CEO of

VO: (cuts in) oh the same person that recommended the school (I said yes and continued spilling my uncle's profile) why is he paying instead of your parents

Me: (smiling widely) he's actually paying back. My parents trained him in medical school so he decided to train me as a way of giving back

Vo: (smiling and nodding) what area will you specialize in

Me: information security system. This is because of the high rate of cyber crime in Nigeria. Actually someone close to me lost a huge sum to cyber crime recently.

Vo: what are some of the courses you will be doing
Me: business application development, Info security system ,computer networking for business, database management system.

Vo: do you do c++ or is not part of it
Me: c++ is for computer science major. The difference is while computer science major is concerned with technology and it's improvement, computer Information systems is concerned with technology as a strategic tool that promotes business.

Vo: I can see you're already working in the IT field, did you get some certifications?

Me: yes ma'am. I did a short course on Data and statistical Analysis and also on computer networking, Cisco networking to be precise
She kindly puts my passport in the basket and brought out the white paper (she kept it far away and was busy giving people the blue paper).

Na so I take Waka today. Thanks to @drocks and @Jerrypeacelinks you guys are too much. Jerry may God give you an approval moro. You're a really nice person. Thanks everyone... You guys made this happen. Lemme go to Balogun market and start my winter shopping. �
All glory to God.. He's so faithful. When you do your part (preparation) God will do his (grace). Bless you all

wow, congratulations. Your reason for change to computer information technology was so articulate and comprehensive. I was so impressed that I was nodding while reading it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
omoluabiguy:

SMH.... imagine

My people always say “fly wey no dey hear word go follow dead body enter grave”

Let him go and let's wish him success bro..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluabiguy: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
gbaby4live:

Let him go and let's wish him success bro..

No one is wishing him bad luck bro. He needs to get into action and quit trolling on NL is my advise. He’ll be alright!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
Niv25:

so are you saying that someone who can't afford the universities can't comfortably get an F1 visa for community college...and I see no reason why you compare the community college in the US with the polytechnics in Nigeria...am sure the are far better than the once we have here. since I can't afford the universities I intend getting an associate degree which I can use in applying for universities to get my bachelor's degree...that saves money. and I believe one of the major reason why community colleges are established is for those who can't afford the universities. So why will a VO delay my visa only because I applied to community colleges and why are there more international students in some community colleges

@Lagosismyhome I really need your advice on this ma'am..I already sent you a PM please reply me

VOs are human and not computer, if you can give a convincing reasons why you choose CC sad not Uni, you're good to go, come back and share your transcript.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
Messibliss207:
Hello fam. You guys are the bomb. My visa was approved this morning 13th... Lagos.
I got into Lagos yesterday and lodged at New World hotel in Obalande. It's less than 10 minutes to the embassy. I was interviewed by the black woman in window 4. She was sharing blue paper like biscuit. She denied my friend who I went with. Here's my transcript

ME: I caught a passion for IT while in the uni. And as the media director in school I had a lot to do with the computer. Also Nigeria is transferring her business processes from manual to automated so acquiring technical skills will make me remain relevant in the Nigerian business world. I hope to build business modules and softwares that will revolutionize the Nigerian business world. (she was nodding at this point so i continued) I hope to run projects with organisations like Andela that are promoting ICT to women in developing countries like Nigeria to close the gender gap between the male and females in the ICT field in Nigeria. This is because according to the Nigerian National Bureau of statistics, the ratio of male to female in the ict field in Nigeria is 3:1 so I hope to work with these organizations to run projects that will close this gender gap. (at this point she was smiling widely)

ME: the first time I heard about ball state uni was at an education seminar in port Harcourt in 2015. (she nods in agreement like say she follow me go) Then my uncle also recommended it

Me: he stays in Indiana though in forte Wayne but he told me the school is one of the best in Indiana. (she nods) (I continued) I also carried out a research about the school and the community where ball state is situated

VO: (cuts in) oh the same person that recommended the school (I said yes and continued spilling my uncle's profile) why is he paying instead of your parents

Me: (smiling widely) he's actually paying back. My parents trained him in medical school so he decided to train me as a way of giving back

Me: information security system. This is because of the high rate of cyber crime in Nigeria. Actually someone close to me lost a huge sum to cyber crime recently.

Me: business application development, Info security system ,computer networking for business, database management system.

Me: c++ is for computer science major. The difference is while computer science major is concerned with technology and it's improvement, computer Information systems is concerned with technology as a strategic tool that promotes business.

Vo: I can see you're already working in the IT field, did you get some certifications?

Me: yes ma'am. I did a short course on Data and statistical Analysis and also on computer networking, Cisco networking to be precise
She kindly puts my passport in the basket and brought out the white paper (she kept it far away and was busy giving people the blue paper).

Na so I take Waka today. Thanks to @drocks and @Jerrypeacelinks you guys are too much. Jerry may God give you an approval moro. You're a really nice person. Thanks everyone... You guys made this happen. Lemme go to Balogun market and start my winter shopping. �
All glory to God.. He's so faithful. When you do your part (preparation) God will do his (grace). Bless you all

TBH.
If there's any student going for any ICT program here and his/her VISA is not approved..
I'm 90% sure the person failed to express how the ICT is contributing to our economy here in Nigeria and how ICT is gonna take over Nigeria in the Future...

Congratulations...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
Messibliss207:

Congrats. BSc or MSc?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gbaby4live: 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
omoluabiguy:

No one is wishing him bad luck bro. He needs to get into action and quit trolling on NL is my advise. He’ll be alright!

I totally get you bro..
But this person is not ready to take anything in..

The bolded part is ok...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by denbaba: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
goodemma20:
my dear there is nothing serious to worry about in the quant section, there are a lot of books that start from the very scratch like the Manhattan series. Make sure you read such books, moreover, the quant section does not test you on complex and advanced mathematics. it analyses your reasoning skills using basic mathematics. Ace the GRE to increase your chances of scholarship, it will also increase your chances of securing a visa.
Oga the Manhattan series u talked about how can one get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EmmaChe(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hey guys, I'm new on this thread. Thanks to whoever started it, and the various contributors.

I have started my application to some US graduate schools, and they want me to provide a bank statement and/or support letter from my sponsor before I can submit my online application.

The thing is, the minimum amount that must show on the bank statement for some of the schools(department) is $52,000 which is between 19-18 million naira.

I don't have that kind of money, neither do the people I know can stand as sponsors.

What can I do? I am genuinely at a loss of what to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
EmmaChe:
Hey guys, I'm new on this thread. Thanks to whoever started it, and the various contributors.

I have started my application to some US graduate schools, and they want me to provide a bank statement and/or support letter from my sponsor before I can submit my online application.

The thing is, the minimum amount that must show on the bank statement for some of the schools(department) is $52,000 which is between 19-18 million naira.

I don't have that kind of money, neither do the people I know can stand as sponsors.

If that the amount needed to be shown then you really would spend that amount attending that school ..... so the real issue is how do you intend funding it ?

If your sponsor cannot afford it and you dont have funding then you are applying to the wrong school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2017
EmmaChe:

Step 1: look for "PUBLIC" and "FEDERAL FUNDED" schools in the US, and leave all these multi syllable fancy private schools alone
step 2: Write the GRE and aggressively look for schools in step 1 that give some type of funding, TA, RA, GA, GTA, anything at all to lessen the $$ burden
step 3: apply

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EmmaChe(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
LagosismyHome:

If that the amount needed to be shown then you really would spend that amount attending that school ..... so the real issue is how do you intend funding it ?

If your sponsor cannot afford it and you dont have funding then you are applying to the wrong school

Apparently, the graduate school contact person I have been emailing said the sponsor wouldn't have to pay, but they just want to see that such person (sponsor) can afford it, and it is also for the i20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EmmaChe(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Step 1: look for "PUBLIC" and "FEDERAL FUNDED" schools in the US, and leave all these multi syllable fancy private schools alone
step 2: Write the GRE and aggressively look for schools in step 1 that give some type of funding, TA, RA, GA, GTA, anything at all to lessen the $$ burden

Thank you.
I discovered, through my interactions via email with the program directors, that for the course i'm putting in for, not all graduate schools require the GRE, but most require the TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mitchely: 2:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
EmmaChe:

Apparently, the graduate school contact person I have been emailing said the sponsor wouldn't have to pay, but they just want to see that such person (sponsor) can afford it, and it is also for the i20.
The sponsor wouldn't have to pay now, but you will have to pay when the time comes. Better to seat for GRE, apply to schools with some form of assistantship as some have advised.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
EmmaChe:

Sponsor doesnt have to pay up front yes but it an indication of what it will cost to attend the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jagaban17: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
Hello People , Time caught up with me. My Admission to Tamuk came very late. To cut long story short, Tried to book appointment now and The next appointment date is February 2nd.

Resumption is Jan 15. What do I do now ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

bro I just went on google to google out list of public funded or federal school but the result is way different please if u have link to that kindly share thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aithusa: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
2theoptimist:
Ladies and gentlemen, Good morning.
Please i need a good advice. What if my school has resumed before my next interview at the embassy, What do I do?
and If they have resumed, how do I convince the VO that I will cope or meet up.
Thanks.
why not book emergency appointment b4 resumption?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aithusa: 2:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
jagaban17:
Hello People , Time caught up with me. My Admission to Tamuk came very late. To cut long story short, Tried to book appointment now and The next appointment date is February 2nd.

book emergency appointment?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jagaban17: 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
How do I go about that ?
aithusa:

book emergency appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluabiguy: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
jagaban17:
How do I go about that ?

You have to send an email to the embassy for an expedited appointment. This option is available for student visa and medical treatment visa applicants. All the best

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jagaban17: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
Refreshed and the earliest appointment date is Jan 19....Can I pick it ?

jagaban17:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
lydia19:
Wao, u r really so prepared. Nobody will hear all these and not give u the white paper congrats
quote author=Messibliss207 post=63241245]Hello fam. You guys are the bomb. My visa was approved this morning 13th... Lagos.

thanks dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2017
sunshineluv5:
bro I just went on google to google out list of public funded or federal school but the result is way different please if u have link to that kindly share thanks
the TOP 200 schools on the USNews Ranking have a large share public funded and private schools with meteoric endowments. also every university of __________ , and __________ state University are most likely to be state schools with access to those sweet federal $. Also most professional associations in Uncle Sam help with a list of nice schools with great funding; you can start there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
oluwadamilare26:

Congrats. BSc or MSc?
Thanks dear. It's Bsc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
Messibliss207:
I

Congrats...it not easy convincing why one Bsc to another but you did it flawlessly and sounded on point so well done to you....

MAY God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2017
Messibliss207:

Congrats on your approval, but why do you call us BOMB? is that a complement, Ayam not understanding o shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
aldexrio:

wow, congratulations. Your reason for change to computer information technology was so articulate and comprehensive. I was so impressed that I was nodding while reading it.
Lol thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Congrats on your approval, but why do you call us BOMB? is that a complement, Ayam not understanding o shocked
lol. Thanks dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Messibliss207(f): 4:08pm On Dec 13, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Congrats...it not easy convincing why one Bsc to another but you did it flawlessly and sounded on point so well done to you....

MAY God bless your new journey
Awwwn thanks sweetie.. Your words of wisdom here were really indispensable in my preparations. God bless you real good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.