Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,915 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (919968 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by solidman59(m): 9:16pm On Apr 02, 2018
Bro, you finish work
bigfrancis21:

I just wanted to say that you are getting emotional over this topic, and you sound like MBA is something you want to do. I didn't mean to get you upset if I did nor discourage you. You are also quite excited over the quoted figures you've seen online and you think it is that easy but you need to be aware of these:

1) I assume that you are in Nigeria and would be studying MBA on an F1 visa. MBA is not a STEM-designated course which means that you cannot be employed on an H1B visa after graduation by any company. You will not be eligible for OPT (3-year post-graduation work opportunity for STEM students). You would need to have permanent residency to be employable nowadays which may likely take you an extra 1 to 3 years post-graduation to obtain. By the time you obtain your residency, you would not have been 'fresh off from school' as some employers prefer. Even for STEM-designated courses, with Trump's administration, chances of H1B sponsorship nowadays are very very slim.
Full list of STEM courses: https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/stem-list.pdf

2) You probably don't know this but connection/knowing someone or 'networking' as they call it here is just as common as it is in Nigeria. Most of these people with 6 figures from an MBA landed their positions through old-boy friendships, connections or networking, in addition to having their MBA of course. An average Joe with an MBA can still land such high-paying positions but you have to be truly exceptional at what you do.

3) Speaking about your much-touted ROI. Now let us do the math. You spent $150,000 on average in heavy student debt to get an MBA. Let us assume that you are one lucky son of the stars and as an F1 student you graduated and out of nowhere got 'H1B sponsorship' at a $120,000 per year position right after graduation. Now you've worked so hard in school, made As and landed that $120,000 per year dream job. Wonderful.

Now you probably forgot that a heavy chunk of your income is taken away in taxes. For a $120,000 per year income, nearly $40,000 is taken from your paycheck in taxes. Precisely, $81,790 is what is left over after taxes are accounted for, which is about $6,815 per month. That is even though on paper it says that you earn $120,000, your actual take-home pay is $81,790 which is not 6-figures that you expected. https://www.taxformcalculator.com/tax/120000.html

Now it is time to start paying back all that student loan. The total amount which you will end up paying is probably over $200,000 which includes interest payments. You've graduated and the bank or financial institution has sent you a staggering bill of over $200,000 at xy% interest for 20 years with a monthly payment of $3250. Out of $6815 per month pay check ($3,145.26 every 2 weeks), you have to

- pay your student loan debt (anywhere between $3000 to $3,500 for that loan amount) per month. Read up here on this American who originally borrowed $68,000 to go to school who has to pay $113,000 back including interest. http://www.businessinsider.com/budget-paying-student-loans-2016-7 For this lady, she has to pay $2230 in monthly student loan payment for a bill of $113,000. For a bill of over $200k, you can expect your monthly payments to be nearly twice as $2230.

- pay your house rent (anywhere from $700 to $3000 depending on the housing type, number of rooms in the apartment rented, level of luxurious living) or monthly mortgage payments (if you bought a home)
- pay your utilities (you pay for all the 24-hour light, gas, Internet and running water that you enjoy - $100 to $350 on average depending on your level of usage)
- pay your monthly phone bill ($50 on average)
- pay your monthly auto loan (anywhere from $250 to $400)
- pay your monthly car insurance (anywhere from $80 to as high as $500 depending on how often you get into accidents, if you constantly get police tickets for overspeeding, running the red/stop light/sign etc. which stay on your driving record and bump up your monthly payments)
- pay for gassing up for your car ($100 on average)
- pay for feeding/groceries ($100 on average, that is if you can cook, which saves you more money than eating out)
- credit card bills/debt (if you accumulate any)
- miscellaneous expenses (such as parking tickets, tolls, relatives back home etc.)

Miscellaneous expenses: maybe in some months you manage to squeeze out $100 per month to save $500 and before you know it your family relative calls you from Nigeria telling you how they are suffering asking you to send them ordinary $1,000 so that they can start enjoying life. You look at your savings and you barely have $500 saved up and you don't know how to communicate this to your relative after all you already boasted to them sometime ago that you earn 6 figures per year. These calls just never stop coming in regularly. Now you are stuck in the rat race of majority of Americans - living from paycheck to paycheck and you dare cannot afford to lose your job.

At the end of the month, you are left with nothing as you struggle month to month servicing your $200k debt in student loans. High ROI isn't it?
It would be so easy for you to imagine an adjusted $81,000 per annum salary on a debt of over $200,000 as good ROI.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abiolaadeleke(f): 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
Good evening house ,I'm just new here ,a friend told me how this site has been helpful.

I recently got an admission to Texas A&M Commerce to study my Master's Degree in Business Analytics. I graduated from the University of Ilorin & I graduated with a GPA of 4.11 of 5.0 scale. I wrote GRE & TOEFL in 2017 August ,where I scored 309 in my GRE and in TOEFL I had 104,I also got an out state tuition waiver. My question now is that is Texas A&M Commerce a reputable school to attend ? Because i don't have anybody in that school and my friend that introduced me to nairaland is studying Business Analytics as well @ University of Connecticut. My reason for choosing Texas is that my dad & mum are staying in Dallas Texas and they will be taking good care of my tuition and expenses.

Kindly please enlighten me more on my selection of this school ,I also applied to other school's as well ,but because my parent are in Texas that's why I opted for Texas .

Bigfrancis,
Lagosismyhome,
Walspring,
Bikey,
Twood.

I hope to hear from you soonest Sir/Ma.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 12:18am On Apr 03, 2018
Thanks for your response. You're correct. The funding did cover my tuition and stipend. I added the mandatory fees, insurance ,books and living expenses as written by the university and it is less than the stipend I was given. That means the stipend covers all that cost. Though I will have my bank statement handy, I won't be needing it.
Scholastica16:

Your I20 will have the funding on it so the only bank statement you may need to present is the difference between the funding you got and what you need to make up for.

However, this depends on how much funding you are to receive. For e.g, if it covers your stipend and tuition, then the mandatory fees and insurance are already subsets of that stipend and therefore only your I20 will suffice as a financial statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 12:19am On Apr 03, 2018
Thank you.
LagosismyHome:

Most schools allow you to pay them when you get there , after visa and during resumption

The bank statement is sufficient and answering other questions well too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ObenJoshua(m): 12:31am On Apr 03, 2018
Good morning House.
Greetings to the bosses!

Please, I applied for a Master's Program at UTEP for fall 2018 and,

1) I've been wondering when the admission decision will be made, the wait is killing,

2) I want to ask if anyone has an idea of the timing I.e when they usually roll-out admission decisions,

3) I will also like to know other people in the same boat with me.

Thank you.
God bless you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:02am On Apr 03, 2018
Umuks:
Hello friends.
Please how many times can one cancel and reschedule a visa appointment

Please with urgency.
Thanks

Twice

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 1:02am On Apr 03, 2018
Quoran:
Thanks for your response. You're correct. The funding did cover my tuition and stipend. I added the mandatory fees, insurance ,books and living expenses as written by the university and it is less than the stipend I was given. That means the stipend covers all that cost. Though I will have my bank statement handy, I won't be needing it.

Congratulations on the offer bro.
May God be with you and favour you in all things.
Have a successful visa interview...
7 Blessings grin

#Fall2018 #YesWeCan

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:06am On Apr 03, 2018
Toefl and GRE discounted promo offer is still available for the remaining slots and interested person can just pm me. Although i took a pause because of my tight schedule.

God will continue to honour all the benevolent guys who are making this possible in every area of their lives. Amen

It is still the same process with same rules and those who sent me email asking about it should send me email again.

N.B- I won’t keep slot for anyone and please have your details and cash at hand as well.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:07am On Apr 03, 2018
Anyone here who can help with how to link source code from wamp server to mySQL?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ObenJoshua(m): 1:16am On Apr 03, 2018
Walspring:
Anyone here who can help with how to link source code from wamp server to mySQL?

Yes I can. Php code right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:19am On Apr 03, 2018
Ijebuboy525:
Lagosismyhome
Walespring
Imperiouxx
Walespring

I received this question from a younger brother and I couldn't provide a perfect answer to it, so I thought of bringing it to the bosses. A student was admitted for an undergraduate program and before the end of first semester he discovered he need to change course and school without transferring credit, he processed another admission and got admitted, then did a sevis transfer, will this process affect his status as a student?

No i don't think so although i may be wrong

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:20am On Apr 03, 2018
focus5555:
Hello house, can someone help me with any school that gives full or partial tuition without writing TOEFL, I only wrote GRE and having issues registering for TOEFL. please gurus in the house, I need your help as this is very urgent right now::: please help

God will help to solve the issue..Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:21am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

The Uber guy that gave me a ride a while back went to Harvard business school. Not saying he is wretched but he certainly does not earn $120k/year with or without bonuses.

Are you kidding me? No be same thing ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 1:27am On Apr 03, 2018
ObenJoshua:

Yes I can. Php code right?

Yes boss and how can we related on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

The Uber guy that gave me a ride a while back went to Harvard business school. Not saying he is wretched but he certainly does not earn $120k/year with or without bonuses.

Hehehehehehehehe
One funny thing about this scenario is that someone can just jump up and forge a story as long as it cannot be verified

Ma laugh again (hahahahahaahahahhaahhaahaha)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 1:54am On Apr 03, 2018
bee17:

thanks bro...God bless you
you are welcome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 2:00am On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

Hehehehehehehehe
One funny thing about this scenario is that someone can just jump up and forge a story as long as it cannot be verified

Ma laugh again (hahahahahaahahahhaahhaahaha)

Sometimes before you reply, read a few posts from the poster to know whether he or she talks carelessly.

You seem to have your emotions all over the place.

In fact, the man in question had his first degree in MIT.

Oya, prate on.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 03, 2018
bigfrancis21:

I just wanted to say that you are getting emotional over this topic, and you sound like MBA is something you want to do. I didn't mean to get you upset if I did nor discourage you. You are also quite excited over the quoted figures you've seen online and you think it is that easy but you need to be aware of these:

1) I assume that you are in Nigeria and would be studying MBA on an F1 visa. MBA is not a STEM-designated course which means that you cannot be employed on an H1B visa after graduation by any company. You will not be eligible for OPT (3-year post-graduation work opportunity for STEM students). You would need to have permanent residency to be employable nowadays which may likely take you an extra 1 to 3 years post-graduation to obtain. By the time you obtain your residency, you would not have been 'fresh off from school' as some employers prefer. Even for STEM-designated courses, with Trump's administration, chances of H1B sponsorship nowadays are very very slim.
Full list of STEM courses: https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/stem-list.pdf

2) You probably don't know this but connection/knowing someone or 'networking' as they call it here is just as common as it is in Nigeria. Most of these people with 6 figures from an MBA landed their positions through old-boy friendships, connections or networking, in addition to having their MBA of course. An average Joe with an MBA can still land such high-paying positions but you have to be truly exceptional at what you do.

3) Speaking about your much-touted ROI. Now let us do the math. You spent $150,000 on average in heavy student debt to get an MBA. Let us assume that you are one lucky son of the stars and as an F1 student you graduated and out of nowhere got 'H1B sponsorship' at a $120,000 per year position right after graduation. Now you've worked so hard in school, made As and landed that $120,000 per year dream job. Wonderful.

Now you probably forgot that a heavy chunk of your income is taken away in taxes. For a $120,000 per year income, nearly $40,000 is taken from your paycheck in taxes. Precisely, $81,790 is what is left over after taxes are accounted for, which is about $6,815 per month. That is even though on paper it says that you earn $120,000, your actual take-home pay is $81,790 which is not 6-figures that you expected. https://www.taxformcalculator.com/tax/120000.html

Now it is time to start paying back all that student loan. The total amount which you will end up paying is probably over $200,000 which includes interest payments. You've graduated and the bank or financial institution has sent you a staggering bill of over $200,000 at xy% interest for 20 years with a monthly payment of $3250. Out of $6815 per month pay check ($3,145.26 every 2 weeks), you have to

- pay your student loan debt (anywhere between $3000 to $3,500 for that loan amount) per month. Read up here on this American who originally borrowed $68,000 to go to school who has to pay $113,000 back including interest. http://www.businessinsider.com/budget-paying-student-loans-2016-7 For this lady, she has to pay $2230 in monthly student loan payment for a bill of $113,000. For a bill of over $200k, you can expect your monthly payments to be nearly twice as $2230.

- pay your house rent (anywhere from $700 to $3000 depending on the housing type, number of rooms in the apartment rented, level of luxurious living) or monthly mortgage payments (if you bought a home)
- pay your utilities (you pay for all the 24-hour light, gas, Internet and running water that you enjoy - $100 to $350 on average depending on your level of usage)
- pay your monthly phone bill ($50 on average)
- pay your monthly auto loan (anywhere from $250 to $400)
- pay your monthly car insurance (anywhere from $80 to as high as $500 depending on how often you get into accidents, if you constantly get police tickets for overspeeding, running the red/stop light/sign etc. which stay on your driving record and bump up your monthly payments)
- pay for gassing up for your car ($100 on average)
- pay for feeding/groceries ($100 on average, that is if you can cook, which saves you more money than eating out)
- credit card bills/debt (if you accumulate any)
- miscellaneous expenses (such as parking tickets, tolls, relatives back home etc.)

Miscellaneous expenses: maybe in some months you manage to squeeze out $100 per month to save $500 and before you know it your family relative calls you from Nigeria telling you how they are suffering asking you to send them ordinary $1,000 so that they can start enjoying life. You look at your savings and you barely have $500 saved up and you don't know how to communicate this to your relative after all you already boasted to them sometime ago that you earn 6 figures per year. These calls just never stop coming in regularly. Now you are stuck in the rat race of majority of Americans - living from paycheck to paycheck and you dare cannot afford to lose your job.

At the end of the month, you are left with nothing as you struggle month to month servicing your $200k debt in student loans. High ROI isn't it?
It would be so easy for you to imagine an adjusted $81,000 per annum salary on a debt of over $200,000 as good ROI.

Hehehehehe
You made some nice points but I'll counter them one after the other. I will however not reply you again cos I wouldn't like to derail the thread

1. Yeah, I'm planning to go for an MBA and have done my research pretty well. However, you have an Engineering background and I do not expect you to know jack about how an MBA works. So it will be safe to say your analysis are mostly made up of beer parlor gists probably out of envy.

2. All MBA degrees are not STEM designated (though some MBA specializations are STEM designated) but a large number of MBA recruiters from TOP schools sponsor their new hires through several ways (H1B, L1, green card). That was why I emphasized on studying at top schools where these companies hire.

3. We all know networking is vital. Most top business schools have a close-knit alumni network which helps in recruitment. I'm a beneficiary of this and I know how it works. As long as you are part of the community and you have some sort of social skills, you will have an access to their alumni network across the globe and most times, an alumni gives you preferential treatment when he/she knows you're from their Alma mata. Another reason to attend a top MBA. Once you strike a good conversation with one or two of them and you get their recommendations, you're good to go!

4. Yeah, as I said, an MBA has an impressive ROI. Probably better than most fully funded PhDs on the long run. As long as you're going into a high paying niche field after graduation, you are far better off on the long run

Your myopic analysis failed to consider salary increments which happens rapidly after an MBA. To have an idea of compensations after an MBA in consulting, check this link

https://poetsandquants.com/2017/01/13/consulting-salaries-just-keep-going/

Compensation for MBAs in Consulting after graduation accumulates to over $1. 2m in 5 years and your analysis shows it as $400k in 5 years (smiles)

Also, your loan example shows someone taking a loan to Belmont University (heheheheh), a no name school even for Nigerian applicants. That's how hard you went to sell out your point and I was even surprised seeing people accepting your vague analysis hook line and sinker. Ive said it repeatedly. Loans for MBAs are best used for top 10 schools. Anything between top 15 - 20 should be with a fantastic scholarship. Anything below top 25, without a truly fantastic scholarship, is a red flag for internationals cos they will miss out of joining most top firms where they will enjoy the benefits of their degrees

So for I guess an accumulated compensation of $1.2m+ in 5 years is good ROI for a loan of $200k. If it's not, maybe you should revise your Fin 101.

And we've not started talking about your earnings when you go higher up the ranks in Consulting or Finance.

Thank you!!!!
No more replies from me on this topic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 2:08am On Apr 03, 2018
Walspring:

Are you kidding me? No be same thing ooo

No I am not.

Had his first degree in MIT and got an MBA in HBS. Used some loan to pay part of the HBS he said and decided to institute a start-up that is yet to fully become a moneymaker.

Uber is paying his bills till his ideas fly. He is not unique. Go to Quora and read former Whartoners or HBSers who found other distractions that are not exactly bathed in Glory.

Jared Krushner is a popular Harvard boy these days but I wager his life would have been the same had he not gone to Harvard.

People want to reside in a fool’s paradise but they would need reality checks to pay for it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

Sometimes before you reply, read a few posts from the poster to know whether he or she talks carelessly.

You seem to have your emotions all over the place.

In fact, the man in question had his first degree in MIT.

Oya, prate on.

Hahahahahahahhahahaha
You even forgot to mention that he had an exchange semester at Caltech
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:30am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

No I am not.

Had his first degree in MIT and got an MBA in HBS. Used some loan to pay part of the HBS he said and decided to institute a start-up that is yet to fully become a moneymaker.
I
Uber is paying his bills till his ideas fly. He is not unique. Go to Quora and read former Whartoners or HBSers who found other distractions that are not exactly bathed in Glory.

Jared Krushner is a popular Harvard boy these days but I wager his life would have been the same had he not gone to Harvard.

People want to recide in a fool’s paradise but they would need reality checks to pay for it.

You have finally answered yourself

He went into entrepreneurship after an MBA. Something he was passionate about. If he had gone into consulting or finance, he wouldnt have been in a tight financial condition.

Entrepreneurs earn lowest after their MBAs cos their projects take lots of time to mature. An example of Mira Mehta of Tomato Jos

So if you ain't showing me any HBS MBA grad into consulting, Finance or tech doing Uber, you're just saying something you know nothing about

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 2:32am On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

Hahahahahahahhahahaha
You even forgot to mention that he had an exchange semester at Caltech

I know where you are psychologically and perhaps intellectually. But it is more foolhardy to endorse that everyone who went to HBS did not end up poor. I wonder who took that position.

The reality is what I presented to you. A real time story that bludgeons the snake oil brand marketing that you have been sold on.

If you are smart enough, just use your tongue to count your teeth.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 2:37am On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

You have finally answered yourself

He went into entrepreneurship after an MBA. Something he was passionate about. If he had gone into consulting or finance, he wouldnt have been in a tight financial condition.

Entrepreneurs earn lowest after their MBAs cos their projects take lots of time to mature. An example of Mira Mehta of Tomato Jos

So if you ain't showing me any HBS MBA grad into consulting, Finance or tech doing Uber, you're just saying something you know nothing about

Like I said, I can see through you like I have X-Ray glasses on.

You are actually and vociferously defending an experience that you are yet to partake in. Tell me the type of people that do that.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:44am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

I know where you are psychologically and perhaps intellectually. But it is more foolhardy to endorse that everyone who went to HBS did not end up poor. I wonder who took that position.

The reality is what I presented to you. A real time story that bludgeons the snake oil brand marketing that you have been sold on.

If you are smart enough, just use your tongue to count your teeth.

Hehehehe
I also know where you stand psychologically and intellectually for you not to notice where I clearly stated that your MBA salary is dependent on the career path you choose to follow. Some areas pay higher than others.... I wonder why you're finding this so difficult to understand. This is simple English brother!!

How can you make a generic conclusion of a degree using someone that decided to set out and start his business after school? How many successful businesses today started without a humble background? Did your Uber driver tell you he couldn't secure a job in Tech, finance or consulting with his HBS MBA degree before choosing to start his business?

Mtchew!!!
Sometimes it's just best you keep shut in things you have no idea about

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:45am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

Like I said, I can see through you like I have X-Ray glasses on.

You are actually and vociferously defending an experience that you are yet to partake in. Tell me the type of people that do that.

Hehehehehehehehe
I can also see you clearly like I have x-ray glasses on for defending what you have no clue about.

Tell me who does that
Oga go sleep joor
You don't know what you're saying

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 2:57am On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

Hehehehe
I also know where you stand psychologically and intellectually for you not to notice where I clearly stated that your MBA salary is dependent on the career path you choose to follow. Some areas pay higher than others.... I wonder why you are finding this so difficult to understand. This is simple English brother!!!!

You are dancing palongo.

You just came to defend how no top school attending MBAs are broke and I presented a case that pours egg on your face.

Someone with more tact will dilute his initial stance even if he likes the zobo he has been drinking but not you.

You are now contorting arguments out of shape like a bad gymnast.

Should I also stretch your argument to say it is not the MBA that made them wealthy but the careeer path within the MBA?

If you understand English and logic as much as you think you do, you’d know I am allowed to.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 3:04am On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

How can you make a generic conclusion of a degree using someone that decided to set out and start his business after school? How many successful businesses today started without a humble background? Did your Uber driver tell you he couldn't secure a job in Tech, finance or consulting with his HBS MBA degree before choosing to start his business?

Mtchew!!!
Sometimes it's just best you keep shut in things you have no idea about

Now you are throwing words around hoping they would stick.

I presented an isolated situation to contradict your generic one.

Hope you know what the word generic means.

For e.g if I say, there is no broke Harvard MBA graduate I have just generalized as though I know all the Harvard MBA grads.

This is what talking first and thinking next does to people.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

You are dancing palongo.

You just came to defend how no top school attending MBAs are broke and I presented a case that pours egg on your face.

Someone with more tact will dilute his initial stance even if he likes the zobo he has been drinking but not you.

You are now contorting arguments out of shape like a bad gymnast.

Should I also stretch your argument to say it is not the MBA that made them wealthy but the careeer path within the MBA?

If you understand English and logic as much as you think you do, you’d know I am allowed to.

Heheheheheheehehehehheheeehe

You sound like a broken record fam

Just dancing around after committing the blunder of not reading my post carefully before attacking me

I clearly stated that the ROI of an MBA degree is dependent on your career path after graduation. Your low IQ failed to assimilate this point and you brought up an erroneous example to backup your claim.

I've countered your points neatly bro. Ive floored your points. I've clearly shown that you have no clue what an MBA entails. So it's best you stick to what you know and don't dabble into things you have no idea about. The best you can do is to watch, read and learn

You can start from GMATclub.com, poetsandquants.com and Wallstreetaosis.com

Please no need stretching my argument cos I wouldn't want to waste my time arguing with you on something you have no idea about. FYI, the rank of an MBA in the US is even more important for an INTERNATIONAL student (I'm highlighting key points so you don't end up confusing yourself again). Top 10 is best so you can join a target firm that can explore several means to sponsor your visa. I wouldn't advise any school below top 25 as the risks are higher.

No words from me on this again.
Goodnight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

Now you are throwing words around hoping they would stick.

I presented an isolated situation to contradict your generic one.

Hope you know what the word generic means.

For e.g if I say, there is no broke Harvard MBA graduate I have just generalized as though I know all the Harvard MBA grads.

This is what talking first and thinking next does to people.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehhe
You keep using words to describe your low IQ

You clearly could not understand when I said your post MBA salary depends on your career path. If you were smart enough, you would have understood clearly that my analysis holds for people that choose the right paying career paths

Oga, I'm tired of these jabs. Arguments are worse when you're talking to someone with no clue of the subject matter.

Abeg, in God's name, I'm going to bed
It's night here and I guess it's night there too
So let's do the needful.
Bye
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 3:39am On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

Heheheheheheehehehehheheeehe

You sound like a broken record fam

Just dancing around after committing the blunder of not reading my post carefully before attacking me

I clearly stated that the ROI of an MBA degree is dependent on your career path after graduation. Your low IQ failed to assimilate this point and you brought up an erroneous example to backup your claim.

I've countered your points neatly bro. Ive floored your points. I've clearly shown that you have no clue what an MBA entails. So it's best you stick to what you know and don't dabble into things you have no idea about. The best you can do is to watch, read and learn

You can start from GMATclub.com, poetsandquants.com and Wallstreetaosis.com

Please no need stretching my argument cos I wouldn't want to waste my time arguing with you on something you have no idea about. FYI, the rank of an MBA in the US is even more important for an INTERNATIONAL student (I'm highlighting key points so you don't end up confusing yourself again). Top 10 is best so you can join a target firm that can explore several means to sponsor your visa. I wouldn't advise any school below top 25 as the risks are higher.

No words from me on this again.
Goodnight

I already called it. You are trying hard to convince me that you have escaped complete duncery but I can read you from a mile away and you are still Olodo positive.

So everybody who went to Wharton or HBS are rich making 6-figures except those who ventured into entrepreneurship, are not connected or did not go down certain sub-MBA career paths?

That is like saying everyone who wrote the test passed apart from those who did not meet the cutoff, did not give the right answers to the questions and did not understand what was asked.

You have truly shown us how high your IQ is.

The only problem is, the conditions for not earning 6-figures via MBAs defeats the stance that everyone who gets MBAs gets the 6 figures. A stance, you brazenly endorsed because...well...you are a nattering nabob of grandscale olodoism.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.