Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913869 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16

Seems you people like arguments. I thought all these were over by now. Na wa.

Any Harvard MBA that is poor (which I still doubt) should not have gone there in the first place. Many ways to make money and even if I have the full capital, I will still go the loan path since the capital can be invested somewhere where the earnings will liquidate the loan. Getting an MBA top school admission is tough and getting the job should be the easier path. The stats show Harvard MBA graduate are 100% employable and I dont why you are stil arguing with that.
See link for stats https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings-articles/full-time-mba-rankings-global/harvard-tops-new-qs-global-mba-rankings-2018

The summary of what I am saying is that top schools to an extent make you who you are. If for example, I am to school in the USA, I will never seek admission outside the top 10.

Others may prefer the lower schools due to their own reasoning. That's their own cup of tea.

For your notice, the best graduates and best paid staffs are from the top schools.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2018
The 15 business schools where MBAs earn the highest salaries after graduation

Thankfully, you get a pretty good return on that investment. At most top business schools, the average starting salary and bonus for graduates more than covers the cost of the degree.

Business Insider used U.S. News' business school ranking to highlight the 15 programs where MBAs earn the highest salaries after graduation. Read more below

http://www.businessinsider.com/business-schools-where-graduate-earn-the-most-2017-3

Read through for info on roi except you want to say you know more than the site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 4:20pm On Apr 03, 2018
Olalekank:
Hey sirs and mas. Good morning and happy Sunday. Happy Easter.

Please I would like to ask if someone can help with schools that offer full scholarship for undergraduate courses.

Believe me I have checked online but couldn't find a comprehensive detail about the schools that over full scholarships. However I have sent a mail to the few that I saw but I would still like to hear and get details from people who have experience.

Thank you.
Berea college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

I shared a story because someone else made a senseless comment that you endorsed. You are the itchy-fingered lunatic that harped on my post to prove that you were certain about the facts in that post that you were endorsing. Now the same jumbo-sized dumbo turns around and starts going off about not knowing how MBA's are recruited and career paths.

And my question to you is, if you knew that some MBA graduates could still end up being poor due to entrepreneurship etc why was that not your reply to the guy who said they can never be? And when I shared a story of a guy who was "poor" after the HBS MBA why was it initially incredible to you?

The simple fact is, you wanted to make this post-MBA life larger than the reality on ground and my story was a stumbling block to you. The only reason you are threading caution now is that I have shown you how illogical your post was. So you are the one who needs to see someone for your neurosis.

Were we not here when you said BigFrancis21 was jealous of MBA holders and now you have shaku shaku'ed into telling me I don't know about MBA recruitment. Abeg, what about any of my posts was addressing MBA recruitments?

You see why they say "some of you are mad but have nobody to tell you?". You are welcome.

You keep running from pillar to post. Let me sound it another time for you

1. A Harvard MBA holder CAN NEVER BE POOR if he chooses any of the lucrative career paths open to him.

2. Your Uber guy story (which is even unverified) does nothing to discredit the lucrative nature of a Harvard MBA. The said person can still quit his business (if he wishes), leverage on his school network and get a well paying job.

So I repeat for the umpteenth time, you don't know jack about MBAs and recruitments. It's better you stick to the PhD route you know very well and STFU whenever discussions are made in topics you don't know.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gifty28(f): 4:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
@bigfrancis21 @lagosismyhome

I saw a post bigfrancis posted on the previous page abt MBA, if an Mba graduate can't get an HB1 sponsorship for visa then how can someone go about it after graduation. How do u tell or ask the company to sponsor you for visa. i'm asking because i intend to go for an mba degree. i also asked a frnd of mine who is an mba graduate abt the job and all, she said she's working with Apple now for (opt) i think its 1 year right but they are not sponsoring her visa. i need to understand how these things work, please waiting on your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
Gifty28:

I saw a post bigfrancis posted on the previous page abt MBA, if an Mba graduate can't get an HB1 sponsorship for visa then how can someone go about it after graduation. How do u tell or ask the company to sponsor you for visa. i'm asking because i intend to go for an mba degree. i also asked a frnd of mine who is an mba graduate abt the job and all, she said she's working with Apple now for (opt) i think its 1 year right but they are not sponsoring her visa. i need to understand how these things work, please waiting on your response.

That's a fat lie!
Go to LinkedIn, connect with Nigerian /African MBAs in your schools of choice and speak to them. There are several ways (including H1Bs) you can use to get a job after graduating.

Also during recruitments there are certain firms that do not sponsor visas. It's advisable you run away from them and don't waste your time joining them. Even in your application essays, some schools reject you if you state that you want to work in a firm that do not sponsor. They know that your goals are unachievable and they will rather allocate your spot to someone whose goal is achievable.

You have to do your homework very well, but attending a top ranked program reduces the risk significantly.

To reduce your risk, join a top ranked MBA where most of these multinationals hire from.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Temmielicious: 4:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
pls guys, kindly reply to this question.

djmadridal:
Good day..
I heard VOs are asking to drop bank statements for verification....

Anyone denied based on bank statement?
Money in acct no reach #9m for now and I wan go interview soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Scholastica16

Seems you people like arguments. I thought all these were over by now. Na wa.

Any Harvard MBA that is poor (which I still doubt) should not have gone there in the first place. Many ways to make money and even if I have the full capital, I will still go the loan path since the capital can be invested somewhere where the earnings will liquidate the loan. Getting an MBA top school admission is tough and getting the job should be the easier path. The stats show Harvard MBA graduate are 100% employable and I dont why you are stil arguing with that.
See link for stats https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings-articles/full-time-mba-rankings-global/harvard-tops-new-qs-global-mba-rankings-2018

The summary of what I am saying is that top schools to an extent make you who you are. If for example, I am to school in the USA, I will never seek admission outside the top 10.

Others may prefer the lower schools due to their own reasoning. That's their own cup of tea.

For your notice, the best graduates and best paid staffs are from the top schools.

Oga free that guy. He doesn't know what he is talking about. Beer parlor gists and hearsays

E be like say Harvard Business School reject am self. I won't be surprised.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

Colloquial and ab initio are GRE words. And you are the high IQ guy who is supposed to earn 120k/year after his MBA.

Your version of idio.cy is unique.
Maybe you didn't study hard for your GRE to know that those are GRE vocabs.

Hehehehehehehehehehehe
Now I see you're damn jealous
I can vouch with my salary that you were rejected from a top business school

Maybe you should have tried harder.
Kpele
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
Gifty28:

Except if this is recent ........I know several MBA that went through H-1B including myself so yes i am very sure it covers MBA as well . Although my time is a while now so might not be current

And yes some companies will allow you work under OPT but will not progress to H1B , similarly some companies will sponsor h1B but not progress to Green card . It not an easy journey but many people have made the journey and gotten to the end. You just have to search for those opportunities however limiting it seems .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Scholastica16

As a rule of thumb, thread caution when citing these employability figures. 100% in nature is usually a figment and tool of brand marketing. The reality is often at variance with those stats.

But that is not to say that HBS grads do not earn well nor am I against MBAs at all. My position is, the post-life success of MBA grads from top schools is not as sweeping as your link or you are trying to make it look.

I can just toss you a few bones that puts my argument into perspective. The odds are, that the folks in HBS are already children of the rich whose parents already own companies or are CEOs of those companies. Therefore, their employment report will already be skewed because they would have gotten said jobs without the MBA.

Next, employment reports in themselves do not tell a complete story. Ask yourself how those reports were put together. The simple fact is they were arranged through questionnaires and polls many of which are as simplistic as "are you working post HBS"? and to that end, even the Uber guy I met would have clicked yes.

Then, some other % of the HBS entrees are people who already had great jobs and their respective companies opted to pay for the MBA for them. So they already had those jobs before getting into HBS.

Lastly, there are people like that uber guy I met who opted for entrepreneurship and may or may not make it because they took a detour that did not yield the financial windfall they desired.

In all of these, it is clear that though HBS and other top MBA programs can lay claim to part of the success of their graduates, it is the INDIVIDUALS themselves that make the difference. Which puts paid to the 100% fib of an employment report or the notion that HBS graduates can never be poor.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Kpele

Take it easy ooooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

You keep running from pillar to post. Let me sound it another time for you

1. A Harvard MBA holder CAN NEVER BE POOR if he chooses any of the lucrative career paths open to him.

2. Your Uber guy story (which is even unverified) does nothing to discredit the lucrative nature of a Harvard MBA. The said person can still quit his business (if he wishes), leverage on his school network and get a well paying job.

So I repeat for the umpteenth time, you don't know jack about MBAs and recruitments. It's better you stick to the PhD route you know very well and STFU whenever discussions are made in topics you don't know.

"No Harvard lawyer can be poor if they become counsel to a fortune 500 company".

Children of logic, does this mean that ALL Harvard lawyers work in fortune 500 companies?
Can a Harvard lawyer work in a fortune 500 company and still be poor?
Does earning high translate into never being poor?

I told you, you are bandying words you don't even understand. How can I be running in all directions yet you are the one introducing caveats to show a HBS graduate can be broke yet maintaining they can never be?

Now you are talking about discrediting the lucrative nature of HBS MBA. Abeg, where did I discredit the lucrative nature of HBS MBA?

Can you see, that you are bereft in logical reasoning, cannot read, have no memory and are yet emotional?

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sgjonathan: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2018
Hi Guys, I greet everyone in this forum o. Abeg i want to apply for MS biology. Please can you suggest any reasonable schs that would not require GRE and TOEFL because i currently don't have time to write it due to my work schedule.
Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

"No Harvard lawyer can be poor if they become counsel to a fortune 500 company".

Children of logic, does this mean that ALL Harvard lawyers work in fortune 500 companies?

I told you, you are bandying words you don't even understand. How can be running in all directions yet you are the one introducing caveats to show a HBS graduate can be broke yet maintaining they can never be?

Now you are talking about discrediting the lucrative nature of HBS MBA. Abeg, where did I discredit the lucrative nature of HBS MBA?

Can you see, that you are bereft in logical reasoning, cannot read, have no memory and are yet emotional?

Abeg when is this going to be over....
You both have a point but from different angles

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NigPatriot(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2018
Walspring:

Email replied

Please I sent a mail kindly reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

Hehehehehehehehehehehe

Kpele

The people who know me will be laughing at you. So specific words were created for GRE?

You are schizophrenic I swear.

Ok now I have joined BigFrancis21 in being jealous of you or MBA holders?

Do you know how stu.pid you sound if everyone that expresses divergent opinions from yours has to be jealous of you who has achieved nothing and is yet to even be accepted into an MBA program?

I can write down everything you know on a grain of rice.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Abeg when is this going to be over....
You both have a point but from different angles
Lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
sgjonathan:
Hi Guys, I greet everyone in this forum o. Abeg i want to apply for MS biology. Please can you suggest any reasonable schs that would not require GRE and TOEFL because i currently don't have time to write it due to my work schedule.
Thank you all.
okay cool and understandable but quick question..Can you afford the tuition and living expenses? Say about $7000 per semester for tuition alone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

The people who know me will be laughing at you. So specific words were created for GRE?

You are schizophrenic I swear.

Ok now I have joined BigFrancis21 in being jealous of you or MBA holders?

Do you know how stu.pid you sound if everyone that expresses divergent opinions from yours has to be jealous of you who has achieved nothing and is yet to even be accepted into an MBA program?

I can write down everything you know on a grain of rice.

WTF do you think you are Oga?
I know you very well from the GRE thread
I know your story well
No dey carry shoulder for anybody here
If you don't know anything about a topic, it's better you stay silent.

I was minding my business until someone said MBAs are overrated (haha haha). Then you jumped in and started giving us beer parlor gists from that friend who told you that PhDs are held in high esteem than MBAs.

Haba!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onihaxy: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
yusufazeezolaid:
Hi good people, I just got admitted to Alcorn State University to study Geospatial engineering technology Msc with the GRE of 290, Bsc geophysics, any hope of success in the visa interview ?

Hi. I also applied to the school, sent all my documents but I haven't heard from them. Please, How long did it for you to get admission decision after submitting complete documents, was there any funding given to you as well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

I told you, you are bandying words you don't even understand. How can I be running in all directions yet you are the one introducing caveats to show a HBS graduate can be broke yet maintaining they can never be?

Mtchew!!!
Senseless comment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sgjonathan: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2018
femi312:
okay cool and understandable but quick question..Can you afford the tuition and living expenses? Say about $7000 per semester for tuition alone

Yes, i can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

WTF do you think you are Oga?
I know you very well from the GRE thread
I know your story well
No dey carry shoulder for anybody here
If you don't know anything about a topic, it's better you stay silent.

I was minding my business until someone said MBAs are overrated (haha haha)

Haba!!!!!

Sure, if your own version of minding your business includes harping on posts that barely mentioned you.

The inferiority complex is screaming now. LOL

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2018
sgjonathan:

Yes, i can
okay start from here www.msinus.com, www.usnews.com.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2018
Chidinho10:

I was minding my business until someone said MBAs are overrated (haha haha). Then you jumped in and started giving us beer parlor gists from that friend who told you that PhDs are held in high esteem than MBAs.

Haba!!!!!

If you are on a good career track then yes MBA is overrated and might add little value

If you looking for a break through then a good MBA can be a great stepping stone. It all depends but can we rest .

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16
Chidinho10

The Points have been made... Concerned and even disinterested members and visitors have picked what they could.
Please you two should leave it like this as this is almost losing civility.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2018
sgjonathan:
Thank you all.
wiu.edu/biology
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2018
paulbets:
Scholastica16
Chidinho10

The Points have been made... Concerned and even disinterested members and visitors have picked what they could.
Please you two should leave it like this as this is almost losing civility.

Regards

True talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
LagosismyHome:

If you are on a good career track then yes MBA is overrated and might add little value

If you looking for a break through then a good MBA can be a great stepping stone. It all depends but can we rest .

cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2018
Scholastica16:

Sure, if your own version of minding your business includes harping on posts that barely mentioned you.

The inferiority complex is screaming now. LOL

Hehehehehehehehe
Gerrarahia mehn
Stop saying things you know nothing about before you disgrace yourself again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2018
Gifty28:

From the list of STEM courses, MBA is not considered as part of STEM given that the field is saturated right now with native American professionals. STEM courses are identified areas in the US economy with dwindling American professionals hence the need to recruit foreign students to fill up these roles. Traditional MBA is not on the list because there are plenty American professionals with an MBA. However if you take specialization in courses such as Data Analytics or Technology, which is STEM recognized then you may be eligible for OPT/H1B visa sponsorship. https://www.ice.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Document/2016/stem-list.pdf

Also, according to USCIS website, “If you are currently participating in OPT based on a master’s degree in business administration but you previously received a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, you may be able to apply for a STEM OPT extension based on your bachelor’s degree as long as it is from an accredited U.S. college or university and the OPT employment opportunity is directly related to your bachelor’s degree in mathematics”.

As for your friend, she most likely got into Apple by specializing in a technology course, hence the reason she may have gotten into Apple which is a Tech company. H1B sponsorship right now is very very tough. Nearly all those I know (F1 students) who went for the recent NSBE job career fair (National Society of Black Engineers) in Philadelphia were rejected for not having permanent residency. Right now, except you are very good at computer programming most STEM companies are not too willing to sponsor on H1B. For STEM international students, the 3-year OPT is a middle-ground for you to work for the company while you sort out your residency. In the past, I have seen where some companies decided to hire a student on H1B but have the student work for them on OPT while the H1B is being processed. This may be applicable to your friend as well.

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.