Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917520 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Macaulay10(m): 5:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=Nitta08 post=66789669]

Hey, look you can get into a masters program even with that CGPA. I was waiting to be done with everything before posting my story.
My undergraduate CGPA was 2.7/5, Geophysics.
2.8/4 - transcript evaluation.
That didn't stop me. I applied for fall 2017 and got back to back rejects. Just an admit from one but couldn't attend due to lack of funds.
I sat for the GRE but my score wasn't stellar either. 295...Quant 151. I didn't mind.
I applied to 9 universities this fall. 4 rejects, 5 admits with some sort of funding in some.
Everything is about packaging and knowing what you want.
Your Statement of Purpose, Recommendation letters, Resume should all be on point. And a drive to succeed on your intended course of study. E.g...if it's Geosciences or CS, what are the computer applications you can use that can make you valuable in that field. What courses have you gotten yourself trained in to make your CV attractive?.
The God factor and several other factors.
I make use of Yocket, Quora and gradcafe a lot.
Especially Yocket because there you'll get school reviews and find and connect with so many Indians with similar profiles or even lesser and you'll also be able to channel your choice of schools according to your profile.
Don't ever think you can't get into grad school with a 2.7 CGPA.
Make the internet and search box engine your friend today.
Good luc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Scholastica16: 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Jesusbabygirl:
This is the best post I have read on NL in a while. When I hear that a Nigerian comes to the US on student loan because of it is MBA, I laff in Chinese. I am an MBA student studying in an OK school. Could I have gotten admitted to a higher ranked school, I would say yes but I tried to be real. I cannot borrow $100,000 and be running up and down to get a job that I might never get. I have seen graduates of my school, evn non-Americans get jobs in Amazon and Boeing. F-1 visa student is F-1 visa student whether in Harvard or "1-building" school. Of course, school ranking helps but immigration in the United States is very unfriendly right now.Like you said, MBA is not a STEM course and even for the STEM courses, you neeed to get a job to enjoy the OPT. The US hustle is real my people.

We are actually in the same school if I am not mistaken.

I said that to say, if you use Uber or Lyft often one day you will run into a driver who schooled in MIT and did his MBA in HBS. He does not live around Ames but sometimes rides can bring a driver to that community.

Or you can ask around in your circles to see if anyone else has met him. When you do, please be kind enough to comeback and say it here. It will go along way in corroborating a story I shared here weeks back.

He is an American citizen not even an F1 dependent immigrant.

I laugh when I see people speak so authoritatively on issues they have no clues about.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by barryken: 5:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
oluwasegun007:

God bless you.
please can you assist me on how to pay SEVIS fee? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by barryken: 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Contact @Walspring
please can you assist me on how to pay SEVIS fee. I would be very glad to hear from you.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by KingAviii(m): 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Good day everyone, can someone reapply for visa interview immediately after rejection or do I have to wait for 3months. The school resumption is imminent 29 May 2018.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by oluwasegun007(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
Johnolukolade:

I'm sorry this is coming rather late, if you paid SEVIS fee in less than a year ago, you don't need to pay any dime to anybody. If you've changed the school you're going from the previous, all you need do is change the SEVIS from that school to the latter. Stay blessed bro.

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by oluwasegun007(m): 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Walspring:

I hope is not the agent that you used said the bold statement to you?

Sevis fee is valid for 365 days which is one year as from the day of payment..

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
Part 13? Lol! Just like yesterday, that's how 2 years flew by o. This time yesterday, I was waiting for them schools to give me admission, now now I'm already completing my studies and planning to head home. It's been a fun experience. ���

To those who sent me PMs, I don't have access to that email anymore. I'll probably just create a new account.

How y'all doing?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
sureb0y:
Part 13? Lol! Just like yesterday, that's how 2 years flew by o. This time yesterday, I was waiting for them schools to give me admission, now now I'm already completing my studies and planning to head home. It's been a fun experience. ���

To those who sent me PMs, I don't have access to that email anymore. I'll probably just create a new account.

How y'all doing?

Hummm how have you been. Trust you been well.

So like play graduation don reach shocked . Time flies oo. All the best

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
KingAviii:
Good day everyone, can someone reapply for visa interview immediately after rejection or do I have to wait for 3months. The school resumption is imminent 29 May 2018.

Yes, I think you can, as long as something significant changes with your application. Like fixing the mistakes, and being better prepared. If not, they'll just lazily reject it and you'll waste money.

This isn't legal advice. Just an opinion.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Hummm how have you been. Trust you been well.

So like play graduation don reach shocked . Time flies oo. All the best

Lol, yep. Just like that. How have you been? Still in the UK? I've been well, thanks. Do you ever visit this part of the world?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
sureb0y:

Yes, I think you can, as long as something significant changes with your application. Like fixing the mistakes, and being better prepared. If not, they'll just lazily reject it and you'll waste money.

This isn't legal advice. Just an opinion.

Bro please which course you studied?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
tescoman90:

Bro please which course you studied?

MBA. Why?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nitta08:

Hey, look you can get into a masters program even with that CGPA. I was waiting to be done with everything before posting my story.
That didn't stop me. I applied for fall 2017 and got back to back rejects. Just an admit from one but couldn't attend due to lack of funds.
I sat for the GRE but my score wasn't stellar either. 295...Quant 151. I didn't mind.
I applied to 9 universities this fall. 4 rejects, 5 admits with some sort of funding in some.
Your Statement of Purpose, Recommendation letters, Resume should all be on point. And a drive to succeed on your intended course of study. E.g...if it's Geosciences or CS, what are the computer applications you can use that can make you valuable in that field. What courses have you gotten yourself trained in to make your CV attractive?.
Especially Yocket because there you'll get school reviews and find and connect with so many Indians with similar profiles or even lesser and you'll also be able to channel your choice of schools according to your profile.
Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
sureb0y:

MBA. Why?
The thing fast
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
And Yeshiva University decided to drop an offer into my kitty today:

Ms Data Analytics and Visualisation
$5,000 tuition waiver + $7,000 graduate assistantship position

I really waited on this school so badly cos I fancy the course a great deal, but it's a no brainer choosing where to go now. University of Texas, Arlington Neva get time to decide yet. Thanks be to God Almighty.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adebisisadiq: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
please I'm sorry for sending blank messages,I don't really no how to direct message....Please I will be glad if you can send me a direct message thanks so we can talk better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
sureb0y:

Lol, yep. Just like that. How have you been? Still in the UK? I've been well, thanks. Do you ever visit this part of the world?

Still with the queen grin and yes I visit. Have a couple of graduation next month's , may be I run into OgaTrump

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
tescoman90:

The thing fast
grin

It's been 2 years na. Time flies, that's the whole point. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Still with the queen grin and yes I visit. Have a couple of graduation next month's , may be I run into OgaTrump

Lol, that's nice. Help me greet Buhari. Heard he's there with y'all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ozone984: 10:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nitta08:

Good luck.

Hello thank you for sharing this ....I’m in the same position pls can I have your contact ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hushee(m): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
sureb0y:

How y'all doing?

Boss of life, I hope you're joking with the bolded
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hushee:

Boss of life, I hope you're joking with the bolded

No ooo. I'm serious. I'll be done next month, heading home. Leaving after graduation. I'm booking my flight soon sef. tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yemiosinbajo: 10:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
sureb0y:

No ooo. I'm serious. I'll be done next month, heading home. Leaving after graduation. I'm booking my flight soon sef. tongue

You don't have the intention to work in the US or work no show? OPT things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teedawg: 11:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

Lol yemi osibanjo is it by force to do second term tongue talk to baba na haba grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
yemiosinbajo:

Nah, lost interest in staying. I heard Naija has improved, stable light, Ambode has turned up, jobs, no more strikes, cleaner Lagos, etc. Time to go enjoy with my friends and family.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Hi guys
Can anyone suggest a low tuition Community college with less requirements?

I have two on my list but they both required that I evaluate my certificate, submit Health and Clinical care documents, including POF documents before admission is offered.

I would prefer schools that only need my

SAT
WAEC
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT
SOP.

I would really appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yemiosinbajo: 12:41am On Apr 18, 2018
sureb0y:

Nah, lost interest in staying. I heard Naija has improved, stable light, Ambode has turned up, jobs, no more strikes, cleaner Lagos, etc. Time to go enjoy with my friends and family.
Are you sure, bro? Although I am also getting fed up of America, what I read on this travel section here confirms that nothing has improved in naija; how everyone bombards any thread that relates to the "abroad" and how everyone wants to leave that country..think am well o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yemiosinbajo: 12:42am On Apr 18, 2018
Teedawg:
Lol yemi osibanjo is it by force to do second term tongue talk to baba na haba grin
We need to complete the change we have started, bro

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 1:28am On Apr 18, 2018
sureb0y:

Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by skido04: 1:28am On Apr 18, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house.

My school requested I show 11.5 milli in my statement of account. my sponsor has about 13milli in his account as balance. will this affect me getting my I20 or my chances at the embassy?, since it doesn't look like much. Pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 3:25am On Apr 18, 2018
skido04:
Hello Gurus in the house.

My school requested I show 11.5 milli in my statement of account. my sponsor has about 13milli in his account as balance. will this affect me getting my I20 or my chances at the embassy?, since it doesn't look like much. Pls help
No it wont. You are good to go ahead

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.