Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (924403 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 9:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
Ellie2017:
I recently went for an F2 visa wit my daughter my 13months daughter
Me- good morning how re u
Vo- good morning
Vo- wats the relationship btw u and the baby
Me- she's my daughter
Vo- how long have u been married
Me- been married 2yrs
Vo- wats ur husbands name
Me- told him
Vo- wat university is he
Me- told me the name and d state it's located
Vo- so who's sponsoring u
Me- my husband
Vo- since ur husband isn't working how does he intend sponsoring u
Me- aside having the necessary financial requirements, my husband is on study leave and still gets his monthly salary from he's company back here in Nigeria
Vo- I'm sorry unfortunately u can't be granted visa at the moment, he passed me d blue slip wit visa rejections under 214b
Pls wat do I do

The VO did not believe you... and considering our penchant for lying as Nigerians, who can blame him?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GucciOluwa: 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
Walspring:

You can pay it at seme border or someone in US help you to pay it over there.

If you need help in paying sevis fee you can pm me.

You will pay your visa fee at any Gtbank branch

I pmed you boss. I need help with paying my sevis fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2018
James89:

God bless bro,I appreciate ur response

Amen and you too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
GucciOluwa:

I pmed you boss. I need help with paying my sevis fee

I replied your pm, Just check your junk or spam if you didn't get my reply in your inbox

Also to all those who sent me pm, I have replied and check your junk or spam if you didn't get my reply in your inbox

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hushee(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
sureb0y:

No ooo. I'm serious. I'll be done next month, heading home. Leaving after graduation. I'm booking my flight soon sef. tongue

Lol. Nice move.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
cosxzbay:

How are you sure she has evidence of adequate financial statement to cover for this?. If her husband is not fully funded, they both have to show sufficient financial capability for the trip and not just an expression, because the VO will look at the SOA to confirm.

No, you got me completely wrong. I didn't say she should have said what I wrote word for word. She claimed her husband was financially capable, which was a very vague statement. I suggested breaking it down and putting it in dollar terms.

It was an example and that's why I wrote: "a better answer like ..."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sebho(m): 12:40am On Apr 29, 2018
My last application was delayed and I am going for new one next month and here is is how my last application goes
Vo-morning
Me-: morning
Vo- why general studies
Me-: my intend program is agribusiness, after valuation of high school transcript I was advised to begin my course with a open option of general studies for six credit hours for nine months.
Why knansas state university-: I interact with current student and I was advised DAT base on my proposed course of study which agribusiness ...Kansas state university is one of best with excellent research opportunities which will have me to advance my education then the vo cut.
Vo-: did you write any exam-: it is not a cataria for given admission so I didn't write any N:B it clearly stated in my I20
How many credit hours is your course -: I told her 60credit hours and she said no it is more than ...o boy inside me I know dis is bad because I was with my course catalog d night before my interview I thought I wasn't important and na so her carry blue paper give and na the second one be dis ooo after been refuse 5 times for Canada and now two from us tension is high for the third one which is final one ...please guru in house what do you think I should do dis time differently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 1:15am On Apr 29, 2018
Sebho:
My last application was delayed and I am going for new one next month and here is is how my last application goes
Vo-morning
Vo- why general studies
Me-: my intend program is agribusiness, after valuation of high school transcript I was advised to begin my course with a open option of general studies for six credit hours for nine months.
Why knansas state university-: I interact with current student and I was advised DAT base on my proposed course of study which agribusiness ...Kansas state university is one of best with excellent research opportunities which will have me to advance my education then the vo cut.
Vo-: did you write any exam-: it is not a cataria for given admission so I didn't write any N:B it clearly stated in my I20
How many credit hours is your course -: I told her 60credit hours and she said no it is more than ...o boy inside me I know dis is bad because I was with my course catalog d night before my interview I thought I wasn't important and na so her carry blue paper give and na the second one be dis ooo after been refuse 5 times for Canada and now two from us tension is high for the third one which is final one ...please guru in house what do you think I should do dis time differently

This isn’t for you. Save your money... I know most folks here are afraid to tell you the truth.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 1:56am On Apr 29, 2018
bigwizzy001:

Thanks my man with a funny moniker; thepianoguy lol
you are welcome sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 1:59am On Apr 29, 2018
Sebho:
Vo-morning
Vo- why general studies
brother don’t be discouraged, just try easier countries like China, South Korea and Germany forget about Canada and US for now

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:00am On Apr 29, 2018
Walspring:

I replied your pm, Just check your junk or spam if you didn't get my reply in your inbox

Also to all those who sent me pm, I have replied and check your junk or spam if you didn't get my reply in your inbox
my boss long time o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:03am On Apr 29, 2018
Ellie2017:
I recently went for an F2 visa wit my daughter my 13months daughter
Me- good morning how re u
Vo- good morning
Vo- wats the relationship btw u and the baby
Me- she's my daughter
Vo- how long have u been married
Me- been married 2yrs
Vo- wats ur husbands name
Me- told him
Vo- wat university is he
Me- told me the name and d state it's located
Vo- so who's sponsoring u
Me- my husband
Vo- since ur husband isn't working how does he intend sponsoring u
Me- aside having the necessary financial requirements, my husband is on study leave and still gets his monthly salary from he's company back here in Nigeria
Vo- I'm sorry unfortunately u can't be granted visa at the moment, he passed me d blue slip wit visa rejections under 214b
Pls wat do I do
The vo is not convinced your husband is financially capable to sponsor you but you can prepare and fire again wish you the best mam

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:04am On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

This isn’t for you. Save your money... I know most folks here are afraid to tell you the truth.
please sir don’t discourage anyone. I know you meant good for him but i will advise he try other countries

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:05am On Apr 29, 2018
sultanfortune:

Yea... Admission has been given since a month now into the MBA program for fall.
Thanks for your concern though
congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:06am On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

There is nothing tactical here. You have no sponsor, you’re simply swapping statements of account to see which would nab you a visa. VOs want to be sure you can afford a US education. Simple
My boss how your side na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:07am On Apr 29, 2018
Ogamba1:
I was refused a visa last week and I will be going for another interview on Monday, I think I was refused because of my SOA so my sponsor has change dis time from my dad, to my elder sister , pls I need ur advice asap...
you need to be sure why you were denied bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:09am On Apr 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

most time , the money been in the sponsor account is hardly a problem .... What important is the overall profile of the student and how questions are answered
exactly dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:10am On Apr 29, 2018
StackNerd:

200k USD scholarship!. This one weak me!
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:12am On Apr 29, 2018
yuscodguy:
My planned Interview

VO: Where are you going/why are you going to the US?
Me: I am going to Eastern Illinois University for my Masters in Cyber Security

VO: What do you study in your undergraduate and when did you graduate?
Me: I studied Computer Science and I graduated in January 2015

VO: What have you been doing ever since?
ME: I have been working as a Network Engineer at National Open University of Nigeria even before I graduate and when I graduated I was promoted to the post of Senior Network Engineer II. I am responsible for the training of new staffs, setting up internet network for the University, troubleshooting and fixing issues with LAN(Local Area Network), repairing of faulty computers and also helps in the uploading of questions to update the database of National Open University of Nigeria Server.

VO: How many school did you apply to and how many gave you admission?
ME: I applied to three schools and they all gave me admission

VO: List them
ME: Eastern Illinois University, Wright State University and Eastern Michigan University
VO: Why Eastern Illinois University, How did you get to know about Eastern Illinois University?
ME: After my researches and recommendation from my lecturer I found out that Easter Illinois University has numerous opportunities that I would like to take advantage of such as opportunities to conduct research in my field, work closely with accomplished faculty and research grant. The school curriculum also suit the area where I need to improve myself and the tuition is also affordable compare to other schools.

VO: Why USA?
ME: The quality of education in United States is much impeccable than UK or Canada. Syllabus in U.S offers the right blend of theoretical and practical knowledge which we will not be able to possess anywhere in this world, I need international exposure and USA being the center of inventions and innovations, I could not think of a better place.
VO: Tell me your study plan/Tell me about cybersecurity at Eastern Illinois University/What is your study intent?
ME: I will be doing a total credit of 32credit hours in 2years after which I will return to Nigeria to continue my job. Some of the courses includes: cybersecurity, system security, biometric security, facility security, datebase security and reliability, networking and advance data communication etc.

VO: Amongst those mentioned courses, which of them is of more interest to you?... and why?
ME: Cybersecurity and System security. Because as a Network Engineer, it forms the major part of my job that I do day to day.

VO: How much is your tuition and who is sponsoring you?
ME: My tuition is 12, 618, book cost is 441, living expenses 10,546. The school’s estimated budget for me in a year is around 25,519. My dad is my sponsor.

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a successful business man who his into Real Estate and Oil &Gas. He own several houses and hotel in Ogun state, Ifo precisely. He also own a Gas station in Ifo as well.

VO: Are you married?
ME: Yes I am married with a 6month old son

VO: What will you do after your studies/how will your certificate help your career?
ME: I will return to Nigeria to contribute and improve security in my place of work and also in Nigeria,also the international exposure will help a great deal in achieving that.

Please help and tell me what is wrong with my transcript, i will be going for my interview first week of May
Note: I applied for B1/B2 Last year just to catch fun in Florida but i was denied, do you thing i will be ask about it.

Everybody please contribute also our gurus, Walspring, theamerican, lagosismyhome say something please to boast my confidence.

Thanks in advance
not bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ayopaul84(m): 4:25am On Apr 29, 2018
Hey guys. i need an urgent help!

I completed my DS 160 form and scheduled an appointment early this month. On the query that reads 'Person/Entity paying for your trip', I interpreted the trip to mean airfare and filled in 'self'. i later got to know they are actually asking for who is sponsoring my study.

I have a PhD admission with GTA and feel I should have filled in my school name instead.

While surfing the net, I saw two sets ofinformation
(i) that I can complete another DS160 and bring it the new confirmation page along to the interview.
(ii) that I can complete a new DS 160 form and update my code on the Visa Application profile and then print a new appointment page.

My inquiries

(1) Pls, is any of the above possible without affecting my appointment schedule.
(2) Do they apply to Nigeria applicants as the info i got was provided on an Indian page.
(3) Or do u think that error will not affect my interview?

I need an urgent response pls.
thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afodam247: 5:19am On Apr 29, 2018
Hello house. My interview is this coming week. the issue I have is this, my sponsor has only #4million range of running balance with another #90million fixed deposit in the same account. I hope this can be presented before the embassy. Please everyone's contribution will be immensely appreciated thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afodam247: 5:34am On Apr 29, 2018
My inquiries

(1) Pls, is any of the above possible without affecting my appointment schedule.
(2) Do they apply to Nigeria applicants as what the info i got was provided on an Indian page.

thanks[/quote]

1- yes
2- yes
3- it may
I suggest you fill another form and change the ds160 application code to the new one. The only reason why you will need to print a new ds160 without submission is if you have less than 72hrs left before your interview.
This is just how I understand it, the gurus in the house should still help look into this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ayopaul84(m): 5:58am On Apr 29, 2018
Thanks thanks

afodam247:

My inquiries

(2) Do they apply to Nigeria applicants as what the info i got was provided on an Indian page.

thanks

1- yes
2- yes
3- it may
I suggest you fill another form and change the ds160 application code to the new one. The only reason why you will need to print a new ds160 without submission is if you have less than 72hrs left before your interview.
This is just how I understand it, the gurus in the house should still help look into this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:17am On Apr 29, 2018
ayopaul84:
Hey guys. i need an urgent help!

I have a PhD admission with GTA and feel I should have filled in my school name instead.

thanks

Congrats on you GTA...... is this on you i20? . If yes then this not so much of an issue at all. Also to correct if the question comes up on who your sponsor is

Then answer correctly that you have funding and then the rest is covered by you . Go through previous transcript and review those who had funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 8:15am On Apr 29, 2018
Sebho:
Vo-morning
Vo- why general studies

It is not a matter of how many times you applied it's about getting it right, and you have not been getting it right. so therefore before you make any further attempt, make sure this time you make adequate preparation and pray even though I don't know about your believe but believe me when I say village people still exist lol and lastly no standardized test, those visa officers interview a lot of applicants everyday with great Standardized test scores and you didn't write any it's pretty hard to convince them that you a genuine student without standardized test these days ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 10:44am On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

It is not a matter of how many times you applied it's about getting it right, and you have not been getting it right. so therefore before you make any further attempt, make sure this time you make adequate preparation and pray even though I don't know about your believe but believe me when I say village people still exist lol and lastly no standardized test, those visa officers interview a lot of applicatants everyday with great Standardized test scores and you didn't write any it's pretty hard to convince them that you a genuine student without standardized test these days ooo

Lol you’re advising him to pray to ward off village people? We are a most gullible bunch of folks.

If you do not qualify for a visa, no amount of prayer can change that.

He is quite clearly am intending immigrant and a fraud (I’m not moved by his numerous appeals to “God”)... barely 18 minutes before his post, he was on another thread applying for a tourist visa to Canada for himself, his wife and 4 kids.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cosade(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sebho:
Vo-morning
Vo- why general studies

Bolded
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I have two children in Kansas, when the most senior applied, I told him if he's asked reason for choosing the University, he should tell the VO that his Dad wants him to be educated in US and this is the University he can afford.

The junior applied two years later, I also told her if they ask same question, she should simply tell them your brother is in that state and processed the admission, and that equally it's an affordable community college.

They were both given F1 visas.

All these "best University in research" bla..bla are gibberish.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

Lol you’re advising him to pray to ward off village people? We are a most gullible bunch of folks.

If you do not qualify for a visa, no amount of prayer can change that.

He is quite clearly am intending immigrant and a fraud (I’m not moved by his numerous appeals to “God”)... barely 18 minutes before his post, he was on another thread applying for a tourist visa to Canada for himself, his wife and 4 kids.

twood, smiles I was actually expecting your comment about the prayer part but when I said village people I didn't actually mean village people infact I was just being sacarstic with that. for me I prepare and I put God first in everything I do . For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, you don't have to believe what I believe in, this page is not for religious purpose but this my believe sir, and about him applying for Canada tourist visa Lwith his wife and kids, I didn't join this forum to be a monitoring spirit I only gave him my own piece of advice from my church mind

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
ThePianoGuy:
please sir don’t discourage anyone. I know you meant good for him but i will advise he try other countries

He’s already tried Canada 5 times and failed. I actually take time to read profiles before commenting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigwizzy001(m): 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2018
theamerican:

Dear Ellie,
After reading your transcript, I'm of the opinion you didn't do enough and like I always say, you made this decision too easy for the VO. That question in bold was like giving you a stage, a microphone, an audience and the chance to earn a multi-million dollar contract and sadly, you didn't earn it.

If the answer's truly what you said literally, then it simply wasn't good enough. The U.S is a country where MONEY is the biggest factor in determining anything. To that question, your answer was too general, and disappointing.

A better answer like "He has $35k cash in his checking account and despite being on study leave, he still gets $6500 monthly from the company in Nigeria. After paying rent, bills, and living expenses, he still saves about $3k monthly and we are sure that would be enough to sponsor Sandra and I".

Not like this would have guaranteed your Visa, I'm only saying it would have greatly improved your chance by answering that question and giving the VO the idea that you planned this new life properly and you would have no issues.

Finally, your husband's company in Nigeria served as a very strong tie back home and that could also be in your favor in getting that visa.

This is a case where reapplying is a good idea. You just have to prepare well. I wish you the best. smiley

You're too much theamerican, I 4 for you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

twood, smiles I was actually expecting your comment about the prayer part but when I said village people I didn't actually mean village people infact I was just being sacarstic with that. for me I prepare and I put God first in everything I do . For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, you don't have to believe what I believe in, this page is not for religious purpose but this my believe sir, and about him applying for Canada tourist visa Lwith his wife and kids, I didn't join this forum to be a monitoring spirit I only gave him my own piece of advice from my church mind

Nigerians ALWAYS “put God first in everything they do”... yet the country remains a hellhole that everyone wants to run away from. Who is deceiving who? Your visa applications are being reviewed by people who could care less about your God. If you read Romans 13, God is not in the business of interfering in the visa decisions of sovereign nations. You either qualify on merit or not. Praying, when you haven’t done your home work and certainly do not meet the criteria, is a waste of your time. Your pastors have obviously failed you in not teaching you very well. You can’t be praying for a fraudulent visa application to succeed. It’s like praying for God to take control of a willful abortion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

Nigerians ALWAYS “put God first in everything they do”... yet the country remains a hellhole that everyone wants to run away from. Who is deceiving who? Your visa applications are being reviewed by people who could care less about your God. If you read Romans 13, God is not in the business of interfering in the visa decisions of sovereign nations. You either qualify on merit or not. Praying, when you haven’t done your home work and certainly do not meet the criteria, is a waste of your time. Your pastors have obviously failed you in not teaching you very well. You can’t be praying for a fraudulent visa application to succeed. It’s like praying for God to take control of a willful abortion.

Smiles I will ignore this........

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.