Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (931183 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
HELLO FAMZ,
Hello Famz

I seriously need clearity on this question because its has been hitting my mind since a month now. What is the best possible way to answer " How did you hear about this school" .

I know the VO's are tired of hearing I did an online reaserch and all that . Also I have heard from this forum that saying "its was recommended by mentor and co" is a sign that you are been lazy !

Please can you Top Guy's share your possible view of this !!

Please !!

theamerican , twoods , Sorelee , ThePianoGuy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
whyqueu:
HELLO FAMZ,
Hello Famz

I seriously need clearity on this question because its has been hitting my mind since a month now. What is the best possible way to answer " How did you hear about this school" .

I know the VO's are tired of hearing I did an online reaserch and all that . Also I have heard from this forum that saying "its was recommended by mentor and co" is a sign that you are been lazy !

Please !!

This very post is itself evidence that you are indeed lazy. No one should need to tell you why you chose a school you intend to spend a significant amount of time and money in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
cosade:

Bolded
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I have two children in Kansas, when the most senior applied, I him told if he's asked reason for choosing the University, he should tell the VO that his Dad wants him to be educated in US and this is the University he can afford.

The junior applied two years later, I also told her if they ask same question, she should simply tell them your brother is in that state and processed the admission, and that equally it's an affordable community college.

They were both given F1 visas.

All these "best University in research" bla..bla are gibberish.

Hummm two children already old enough to be in college .... nairaland is really faceless . Not everybody be age mate here ooo

I salute you Sir ....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 1:38pm On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

This very post is itself evidence that you are indeed lazy. No one should need to tell you why you chose a school you intend to spend a significant amount of time and money in.

Thank you Oga Twoods, its not that I'm been lazy . However, I just want your views or opinion about what you think . I believe you can help me and at the end Thank you for your advice .

Please sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
Yo do you mean the VO are tired of listening to how you came up with your proposed choice of school by making your research online ? I don't think so or is there any other way of finding out all the necessary things to know about your proposed school if not online ? The best way to answer is to be truthful about why your made that decision of going to that school after it was recomended to you or if you made your research online give reason as to why you preferred it to other schools you came across online

[quote author=whyqueu post=67126470]HELLO FAMZ,
Hello Famz

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
Walspring:

The school you are applying to will tell you this and it’s eitter you upload it when are filling your application online or send you a link on how your recommendation letter will be send to them or ask you to send it via email to the international admission email address.

I sent you a pm bro, I want to pay for my sevis fee, please how can you help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
ThePianoGuy:
not bad

You just woke my moral with that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 2:58pm On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

Nigerians ALWAYS “put God first in everything they do”... yet the country remains a hellhole that everyone wants to run away from. Who is deceiving who? Your visa applications are being reviewed by people who could care less about your God. If you read Romans 13, God is not in the business of interfering in the visa decisions of sovereign nations. You either qualify on merit or not. Praying, when you haven’t done your home work and certainly do not meet the criteria, is a waste of your time. Your pastors have obviously failed you in not teaching you very well. You can’t be praying for a fraudulent visa application to succeed. It’s like praying for God to take control of a willful abortion.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin classical!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

If June is your proposed visa interview date, you can't travel to the states with the passport because your passport must be valid for atleast 6 months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States but you can still book your appointment and then renew your passport before your interview date

N.B

make sure you have both the new and old passport with you on your interview date

This is a wrong info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
folmus:

This is a wrong info.

If I may ask how ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

If I may ask how ?
your passport must be valid for atleast 6 months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States

6 months at time of entry or interview .... not intended stay is the correct rule .

If you are on a 2 years visa. The way you worded it means 6 months beyond 2 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

6 months at time of entry or interview .... not intended stay is the correct rule .

If you are on a 2 years visa. The way you worded it means 6 months beyond 2 years

I do not think there is a problem about the way I worded it, as I believe it's worded the same way on the usa embassy
... It's very wrong to discredit an info if one is not sure about it's authenticity
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afodam247: 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
afodam247:
Hello house. My interview is this coming week. the issue I have is this, my sponsor has only #4million range of running balance with another #90million fixed deposit in the same account. I hope this can be presented before the embassy. Please everyone's contribution will be immensely appreciated thank you.

I will appreciate the gurus opinion on this please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

I do not think there is a problem about the way I worded it as I believe it's worded the same way on the usa embassy
... It's very wrong to discredit an info if one is not sure about it's authenticity

The information for student visa F1 is different from visting visa . Visitors B1B2 yes that can be worded that way but F1 with that wording ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

The information for student visa F1 is different from visting visa . Visitors B1B2 yes that can be worded that way but F1 with that wording ??

How about we end this now

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abeeolars: 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
All the best to those students resuming this summer. Do have a safe trip...... Few things to remember, clear any unnecessary and implicating documents, images, videos (delete all forms of militants, boko haram, videos relating to terrorist attacks or other forms of killings that you may have received through broadcast), discussionss. Confirm if you have accomodation (if you have a long night stop over), take thick clothes for airplane and arrival, the weather is warm in most states now but just to be double safe. Travel light; dont carry too much luggage, dont help or assist anyone to carry or keep their luggage and dont give anyone yours to hold for you. Double check your admission date and ensure you are not travelling rather too early before your resumption)

I wish you all a wonderful time here in the Usa. For those coming to Texas, you can pc me to link up sometimes.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hilaryxoxo(f): 4:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
TWoods:

This isn’t for you. Save your money... I know most folks here are afraid to tell you the truth.

This is harsh.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 5:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

How about we end this now

You are being corrected but you remain inexorable. We are all here to learn. You gave a wrong info and I expected you to learn from the correction. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2018
afodam247:

I will appreciate the gurus opinion on this please

This is very simple. You know the answer yourself. You can't touch the money you fixed for a certain period. Will the maturity be before you start your program? You need to answer this when you are asked about it. The only money available for your use is the one in the savings account. Is this sufficient for the first year? Only you can answer this. So do the calculation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 5:21pm On Apr 29, 2018
folmus:

You are being corrected but you remain inexorable. We are all here to learn. You gave a wrong info and I expected you to learn from the correction. wink

Oga I'm not wrong so don't even go there if there is anyone wrong it's you and you only trying to ridicule yourself out of over sabi

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 5:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
Coxtie:

Hello gurus in the house please say something about this and correct my mistake(s).. because I’m about to reapply
I thought you given up, your last statement almost discouraged me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ellie2017: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2018
I recently went for an F2 visa wit my daughter my 13months daughter
Me- good morning how re u
Vo- good morning
Vo- wats the relationship btw u and the baby
Me- she's my daughter
Vo- how long have u been married
Me- been married 2yrs
Vo- wats ur husbands name
Me- told him
Vo- wat university is he
Me- told me the name and d state it's located
Vo- so who's sponsoring u
Me- my husband
Vo- since ur husband isn't working how does he intend sponsoring u
Me- aside having the necessary financial requirements, my husband is on study leave and still gets his monthly salary from he's company back here in Nigeria
Vo- I'm sorry unfortunately u can't be granted visa at the moment, he passed me d blue slip wit visa rejections under 214b
Pls wat do I do

1. Would it be advisable for me to reapply and reduce my length of stay to just 4 weeks and tell the VO that i intend to spend my annual leave with my husband even after my initial application was on the basis of staying there throughout the duration of his studies?

2.Will it be a good decision to add an additional sponsor like my Dad or my Inlaws including my husband as my sponsor and that they will assist financially while we are there ?

3.If i do add another sponsor together with my dad, Is it compulsory that i have to submit all bank statements to the school to get a new i20 reflecting the total funds or i do not need to reapply for another i20 but rather add another sponsor and go with the extra bank statements for the new appointment?
4. What other suggestions will be most appropriate to use or present when i reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cosade(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Hummm two children already old enough to be in college .... nairaland is really faceless . Not everybody be age mate here ooo

I salute you Sir ....

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

Oga I'm not wrong so don't even go there if there is anyone wrong it's you and you only trying to ridicule yourself out of over sabi

This is why a lack of will to listen to correction is mentally dangerous. That part you cited is what is termed 'generic'. Go and check for B1/B2, you will see same requirement. Call the US embassy and ask them. I simply can't understand why you want to mislead people here with your oversabi. If you truly know about the US, by now you should understand what we are saying. You only need a passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of your application for F1 and not 6 months beyond your intended period of stay. cool cool

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cosade(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Six months at the time of interview is absolutely correct.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
folmus:

This is why a lack of will to listen to correction is mentally dangerous. That part you cited is what is termed 'generic'. Go and check for B1/B2, you will see same requirement. Call the US embassy and ask them. I simply can't understand why you want to mislead people here with your oversabi. If you truly know about the US, by now you should understand what we are saying. You only need a passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of your application for F1 and not 6 months beyond your intended period of stay. cool cool

Oga this thing na just simple English be it B1/B2 F1 /F2 or any kind of visa all passports for travel to the USA should have at least 6 months past the date of intended stay before they expire. The guy asked if he could use his passport expiring around nov for his proposed interview ard first week of June I said it won't be a good idea because by the time he will be getting to the POE his passport won't be valid for six months as advice by the USA embassy so it's advisable he gets a new one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2018
Sorelee:

Oga this thing na just simple English be it B1/B2 F1 /F2 or any kind of visa all passports for travel to the USA should have at least 6 months past the date of intended stay before they expire. The guy asked if he could use his passport expiring around nov for his proposed interview ard first week of June[b] I said it won't be a good idea[/b] because by the time he will be getting to the POE his passport won't be valid for six months as advice by the USA embassy so it's advisable he gets a new one

Good advice,indisputably. You can enter the US with a valid visa on a passport with at least 6 months

9 FAM 403.9-3(B)(2) (U) Countries That Extend Passport Validity for an Additional Six Months After Expiration

(CT:VISA-568; 04-06-2018)

a. (U) Some countries have agreements or arrangements with the United States whereby their passports are recognized as valid for return to the country concerned for a period of six months beyond the expiration date specified in the passport. The effect of these agreements or arrangements is to extend the period of validity of the passport for six months beyond the expiration date appearing on the face of the document, for the purposes of INA 212(a)(7)(B)(i)(I)

(U) Countries That Extend Passport Validity for an Additional Six Months After Expiration:

Andorra

Angola

Antigua and Barbuda

Antilles

Argentina

Armenia

Aruba

Australia

Austria

Bahamas, The

Barbados

Belgium

Belize

Bermuda

Bolivia

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Brazil

Bulgaria *

Burma

Canada

Chile

Colombia

Costa Rica

Cote D’Ivoire

Croatia *

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Dominica (DOMN)

Dominican Republic

Egypt

El Salvador

Estonia

Ethiopia

Federated States of Micronesia

Fiji

Finland

France

Gabon

Georgia

Germany

Greece

Grenada

Guatemala

Guinea

Guyana

Haiti

Holy See (Vatican City)

Hong Kong

Hungary

Iceland

India

Indonesia

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Jamaica

Japan

Kosovo *

Latvia

Lebanon

Libya

Liechtenstein

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Macau

Macedonia

Madagascar

Malaysia

Maldives

Malta

Mauritania

Mauritius

Mexico

Monaco

Mongolia

Montenegro

Mozambique

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

Nicaragua

Nigeria (NRA)

Norway

Pakistan

Palau

Panama

Papua New Guinea (PNG)

Paraguay *

Peru

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Qatar

Romania

Russia

San Marino

Saudi Arabia *

Serbia

Seychelles

Singapore **

Slovakia

Slovenia

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

Sri Lanka

St. Kitts and Nevis

St. Lucia

St. Vincent and The Grenadines

Suriname

Sweden

Switzerland

Taiwan

Thailand

Trinidad and Tobago

Tunisia

Turkey

Tuvalu

Ukraine

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom

Uruguay *

Uzbekistan

Venezuela

Zimbabwe

(U) * These countries extend passport validity reciprocity to U.S. citizens.

https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM040309.html#M403_9_3_B_2

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lovelywings: 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2018
whyqueu:
HELLO FAMZ,
Hello Famz

Please !!

I don't think the VOs are tired of hearing online research. Has a VO told you that is the case?

What you need to do is develop a thoughtful and coherent response that is also truthful. If a friend asks you how you found the school, will you say "I did online research"? If you say that, then the VO may be right to deny you. The answer is vague and doesn't communicate your intelligence. Its like if someone asks you how did you get this fine and very unique haircut. Would you say "the barber" and just look at them. You will say I've been inspired by this particular style for some time so I decided to search for barbers in my area that are known to follow directions and not charge an arm and leg.etc etc. You see the difference between this answer and "I went to barber"? Which sounds more intelligent and personable?

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
orimahspence:

And your comment probably also evident that you have comprehension problem.
"How did you hear about this school?" Is different from "why did you choose this school?"

That makes no sense. If the VO is asking how you heard about a school at your visa interview, that is because you already chose that school. Most of you are quick to speak and slow to think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I salute you Sir ....
Same way I salute you too Ma cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (514)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.