Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916407 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nikkydave: 6:41pm On May 02, 2018
aadeyi:

I dont know y this just keep coming to my head after reading this post; "run run run away"

I really don't get it. Please I need an advice. Can I go ahead ? Is it a good one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nikkydave: 6:44pm On May 02, 2018
ThePianoGuy:
traveling with your kids for a six weeks course ? Wow you have to show strong ties back in Nigeria and traveling with your kids is not the best option...,,

Yes,I still have my job here in Nigeria but want to change my career.
Moreover, my kids would be on vacation by then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 6:52pm On May 02, 2018
dmajor1:
Hi guys, I got a lot from this tread and I know it's only natural to give back. Visa approved on the 25th of April and this is how it went.

VO: (with a smile) Good morning.

Me: Good morning sir.

VO: How are you?

Me: I'm fine thank you? How are you?

VO: I'm fine. Thank you. (I have already passed my passport, sevis receipt and i20 to him by now). So, you're here for a student visa.

Me: Yeah.

VO: Tell me about the program you're going for.

Me: I'm going for a chemistry doctoral program at Florida State University. I'd be taking courses in Molecular biology, cell biology, bioinformatics... (he motioned for me to stop).

VO: Tell me about your background.

Me: I have a bachelors degree in Chemistry and Masters degree in analytical chemistry. I currently work at a Pharmaceutical firm as a Medical Sales Representative (motioned me to stop. He was typing all along).

VO: So your 2nd degree is from University of Ibadan?

Me: Yes

VO: And you've being working at a pharmaceutical firm since...

Me: February last year (he nodded).

VO: how many other schools did you apply to?

Me: five others.

VO: five in total?

Me: no. Five others aside FSU.

VO: oh... Six in total. Who's paying?

Me: I got a graduate Assistantship (nods and reaches for white paper).

VO: I have approved your visa. Congratulations and have a good day (I didn't here more than this).

Me: Thank you. Have a good day too.

Thanks to everyone in here whose stories have one time or the other inspired hope.

Wow what a good news, congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:27pm On May 02, 2018
Nikkydave:

Why don't you go alone? Nothing will happen to them. Going with your kids for a short course can be a No No, am sorry......

However, nobody can predict your chance.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 8:00pm On May 02, 2018
Nikkydave:

I really don't get it. Please I need an advice. Can I go ahead ? Is it a good one?

I understand your point but 6 weeks course with your kids is screaming you are running away to the VO. This is what i can advise. Secure your own visa first, then you can apply for visiting for your kids after you must have gotten your visa.

Moreover, I don't know when your course is starting oo but i know visa appointment in Lagos has been fully book all the way till August and Abuja is quickly filling up as well.

Just My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 9:19pm On May 02, 2018
ood evening everyone, i have paid my sevis pls what is the next thing i need to do, pls what is the site for visa application and what are the things i need to do before my interview. Pls answer this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 9:45pm On May 02, 2018
Suppy083337:
ood evening everyone, i have paid my sevis pls what is the next thing i need to do, pls what is the site for visa application and what are the things i need to do before my interview. Pls answer this.

Sir/Ma,

go here
https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

and then go here
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by liliberth: 10:03pm On May 02, 2018
Good evening everyone one. Please I need help and advice.

I applied for USA tourist visa twice in 2015/2016 there about. Then I applied for Australia visa in 2017 and was denied based on financial grounds and I applied in dec for feb intake but was denied last month saying my reasons are not genuine. Now I want to apply to USA for this September intake, please what do you honestly think the funds are there for me to apply. Please I really need your input on this my case and if anyone can really guide me on what process to do I will really appreciate. Thanks ��
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 10:29pm On May 02, 2018
Nikkydave:

okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 10:35pm On May 02, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:40pm On May 02, 2018
liliberth:

I applied for USA tourist visa twice in 2015/2016 there about. Then I applied for Australia visa in 2017 and was denied based on financial grounds and I applied in dec for feb intake but was denied last month saying my reasons are not genuine. Now I want to apply to USA for this September intake, please what do you honestly think the funds are there for me to apply. Please I really need your input on this my case and if anyone can really guide me on what process to do I will really appreciate. Thanks ��

your use of the word intake, makes me a little bit uncomfortable and if i may ask; what is your academic status and what is your next academic aspiration?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by liliberth: 11:00pm On May 02, 2018
aadeyi:

your use of the word intake, makes me a little bit uncomfortable and if i may ask; what is your academic status and what is your next academic aspiration?

I read geology btech want to go for masters in environmental management/science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by skido04: 12:48am On May 03, 2018
aadeyi:

I understand your point but 6 weeks course with your kids is screaming you are running away to the VO. This is what i can advise. Secure your own visa first, then you can apply for visiting for your kids after you must have gotten your visa.

Moreover, I don't know when your course is starting oo but i know visa appointment in Lagos has been fully book all the way till August and Abuja is quickly filling up as well.

Just My 2cents

Please oo, can you shed more light on this?
Does this apply to student visa too?
what of people that are still waiting for their I20. Is it possible not to get a date and miss resumption?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by skido04: 12:51am On May 03, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house. Please I need your assistance.
I tried downloading past transcript from the links provided at the beginning of each Part but it all seems to contain only part 10.
I traced back up to part 9 but still same file.
Does anyone have a link to the other transcripts?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abimbolar: 1:03am On May 03, 2018
skido04:

Please oo, can you shed more light on this?
Does this apply to student visa too?
what of people that are still waiting for their I20. Is it possible not to get a date and miss resumption?

Bro, it doesn't apply to f1 applicants
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheNightsKing: 1:21am On May 03, 2018
If you've scheduled an appointment recently, please tell me if there are dates available in June at the Lagos Embassy. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheNightsKing: 1:30am On May 03, 2018
Please explain. Thanks.
abimbolar:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by skido04: 1:58am On May 03, 2018
abimbolar:

Thanks Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ATnTMartz: 2:27am On May 03, 2018
Hello guys, Please I need your assistance.

I have a couple of questions to ask regarding U.S student visa application. NOTE: I am new to the forum;

1. While completing U.S visa application, what should I state as "Address to stay while in the U.S" as a student

2. US Contact Information: I have an older brother in the U.S, is it appropriate to list his information on this

Will be happy to hear your view on this -

More views on this pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pampaya009(m): 2:46am On May 03, 2018
Hello gurus in the house
I have a problem and I want someone to please kindly help me out.
My WES evaluation document was sent to me on the 14th of April as reflect on the WES website but I am yet to receive it till now.
A friend of mine whose document was sent on the 16th of same month had received his own.
So I went to the nearest post office to me to complain, I discovered that I made a mistake in the recipient address when filling the form on WES website, so the document was addressed to Abeokuta Ogun state instead of my home address. So I went to Abeokuta general post office where the document is likely to had came to, the man incharge said documents that has no traceable Address are dump somewhere or returned to the sender. He said he can't tell me precisely what happened to my document cos it is a standard delivery I used and that it has no tracking number.

Please do I still have a chance of seeing the document and what do I need to do cos requesting a duplicate document from WES will incur another $110 (using international courier)?

Treat as urgent please!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ThePianoGuy: 2:47am On May 03, 2018
ATnTMartz:

I have a couple of questions to ask regarding U.S student visa application. NOTE: I am new to the forum;

1. While completing U.S visa application, what should I state as "Address to stay while in the U.S" as a student

2. US Contact Information: I have an older brother in the U.S, is it appropriate to list his information on this

Will be happy to hear your view on this
say the truth and don’t lie because it will hunt you later
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nikkydave: 3:57am On May 03, 2018
Why don't you go alone? Nothing will happen to them. Going with your kids for a short course can be a No No, am sorry......

However, nobody can predict your chance.

Goodluck!

Thanks for your contribution and advice. I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nikkydave: 3:59am On May 03, 2018

Just My 2cents[/quote
Its starting August. There is space for students Visa if am correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by cosxzbay: 5:15am On May 03, 2018
ATnTMartz:

Will be happy to hear your view on this

1. If you haven't secure off campus housing, you can use the school housing address.

2. It will be most appropriate to use the contact info of your program director or International student program coordinator ( you can find the contact info on your I-20 : 'school official to contact upon arrival')

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by liliberth: 5:21am On May 03, 2018
liliberth:

I applied for USA tourist visa twice in 2015/2016 there about. Then I applied for Australia visa in 2017 and was denied based on financial grounds and I applied in dec for feb intake but was denied last month saying my reasons are not genuine. Now I want to apply to USA for this September intake, please what do you honestly think the funds are there for me to apply. Please I really
need your input on this my case and if anyone can really guide me on what process to do I will really appreciate. Thanks ��

Please I need an answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Coloniel5000(m): 5:54am On May 03, 2018
hello house, please have been finding it difficult ordering for the mailing of my i20 because payment can't be made with credit card here in Nigeria, please can anyone be of assistance...... UPS.... $90.44. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gloryemo(f): 7:18am On May 03, 2018
House please and please I need information. I applied to etsu for fall 2018, submitted everything in March, yet to get a decision from them.
I also want to apply to Texas a and m university commerce for masters in computer science, please hope they don't need TOEFL and I had a cgpa of 3.74 in my undergraduate degree in computer science, what is the US equivalent please.
Anyone currently in Texas a and m university commerce please....
Please gurus here, answer me please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:35am On May 03, 2018
Coloniel5000:
hello house, please have been finding it difficult ordering for the mailing of my i20 because payment can't be made with credit card here in Nigeria, please can anyone be of assistance...... UPS.... $90.44. thanks

You still have my email. you can get in touch.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 7:38am On May 03, 2018
Hello house,

I am yet to submit my ds160 form: trying to dot all i's and cross all t's. Does that stop me from booking an appointment for interview? Please advise. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:43am On May 03, 2018
Gloryemo:
House please and please I need information. I applied to etsu for fall 2018, submitted everything in March, yet to get a decision from them.
I also want to apply to Texas a and m university commerce for masters in computer science, please hope they don't need TOEFL and I had a cgpa of 3.74 in my undergraduate degree in computer science, what is the US equivalent please.
Anyone currently in Texas a and m university commerce please....
Please gurus here, answer me please

I don't think anybody can give you the info you need. Send emails to the ETSU to enquire about your admission status. Go to Texas A & M website and check admission requirements. Go to https://www.wes.org/ to check the equivalent of your CGPA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gloryemo(f): 7:47am On May 03, 2018
Are you saying no one on here has information on TAMUC, I like information from people who has passed through it or know anyone who has, sometimes it will state on website that TOEFL is needed whereas it is not in all cases and some are admitted without TOEFL. If we can all get information online, we won't be here, so please house answer pls
folmus:

I don't think anybody can give you the info you need. Send emails to the ETSU to enquire about your admission status. Go to Texas A & M website and check admission requirements. Go to https://www.wes.org/ to check the equivalent of your CGPA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 8:28am On May 03, 2018
Goodmorning...
Pls I need an advice..

My case was put on hold this morning at the U.S. EMBASSSY and I was told to send my financial document(statement of account) to them showing my sponsors name through DHL..

What was showing on the statement was his business name..

Pls who had successfully passed this stage before and pls what can/should I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.