Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916904 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 5:41pm On May 13, 2018
Mervyn98:
Will I fill another ds-160 form if I want to reapply for visa

Yes and No.. It depend on your resumption date and if you have additional information you need to include
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 5:42pm On May 13, 2018
afodam247:

Your i-20 won't carry your statement
What his the duration of the fixed deposit? Once it isn't beyond your resumption date then you will be fine. Just make sure the details of this fixed deposit are within the statement of account.
The bank can't change there order of naming for you. That's not a problem, a simple explanation will settle that if asked.

Are you sure because some schools write the sponsor name and available amount on the i20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 5:43pm On May 13, 2018
Walspring:

You register and create account with ETS first
What are the next steps sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 6:08pm On May 13, 2018
Walspring:

Yes and it depend maybe there are irregularities acts in that center
ok bros, soon i ll be needing ur help with servis fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:13pm On May 13, 2018
sunshineluv5:
ok bros, soon i ll be needing ur help with servis fee.

Just send me pm when you are ready

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 6:13pm On May 13, 2018
sobastical:

Its just like saying 'you want to pay school fees with bitcoin' grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NiklausAkins(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2018
Lol i do..
Its just that on the Ds160 i filled My mums name as my sponsor. And then i have been hearing " say only what you filled in your Ds160".. And you know "Parents"(mum nd Dad).. Well thanks. I understand, am only trying to be extremely cautious.
Walspring:

You are funny and you fall people hands big time.

Don't you know and understand the meaning of parents?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 6:27pm On May 13, 2018
James89:

What are the next steps sir?
Are you there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fortune29: 6:53pm On May 13, 2018
sobastical:

Its just like saying 'you want to pay school fees with bitcoin' grin

Actually, bonds, mutual investment certificates and fixed deposits are usually accepted as proof of funds since they are easily liquidated. The best thing is for an individual to confirm from his/her school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 7:00pm On May 13, 2018
freudianslip:

For those that won't show up in school..

USCIS Changing Policy on Accrued Unlawful Presence by Nonimmigrant Students and Exchange Visitors

I will try to interpret this. The U.S immigration laws are so complex that unless you understand them, you could make mistakes and put yourself in trouble when you panic and do something stupid.

When a student falls out of status, That's all there is to it: they're out of status. Some people think the day you violate your visa and fall out of status is the day you start accruing unlawful presence. NO! Unlawful presence starts counting when you get an order to leave/deportation order or when you apply for an immigrant benefit and it gets denied.

Let's use an example. A student is supposed to resume school on August 7, 2016. He didn't go to the school. He remains in the U.S. and works illegally. He has been out of Status, that's all. We're in May 2018. You'd think he has accrued 2 years of unlawful presence. He has not. Until he gets a deportation order, or he applies for an immigration benefit (for example green card) unsuccessfully, they don't start counting unlawful presence.

Now, the new law has fixed that. It has triggered counting unlawful presence the instant you fall out of status. In the past, they had to find you, and get a judge to issue you an order to leave voluntarily, or deportation order or a denied USCIS application to start the clock to count the days.

Do you understand so far? Good.

It's the same way a 3 year/10 year ban is only activated when you wanna return to the U.S. so if you've accrued unlawful presence for 6 months for example and you never leave the U.S. the ban doesn't come to effect. It is triggered when you answer calls from the village, visit them and then wanna get back into the U.S.

A summary of the new law: once you fall out of status, you start accruing unlawful status. Any unlawful presence over 180 days triggers a ban that works just like I explained above. In addition, 1 year of unlawful presence triggers a permanent ban. The bans also make you ineligible to try to get a visa, greencard, etc. This new law has blocked some paths.

When you wanna adjust your status and get a green card, there are two questions you'll have to answer. Have you ever violated the terms of your visa (been out of status)? And have you ever been ordered to leave/received a deportation order/applied for a green card (to calculate accrued unlawful presence)?

Let's see an example:

Suppose that same student in the above example marries here and wants to get a green card. Under the old law, he hasn't accrued any unlawful presence (I believe you understand how/why), but under this new law, he has accrued over 1 year, triggered a permanent ban which makes him permanently inadmissible and ineligible to apply for visa/green card.

Oh, I must add... Marrying a U.S. citizen makes them forgive a visa overstay (falling out of status), but this new law blocks that. Now it's not falling out of status anymore but unlawful presence/ban and even marriage can't save some people because unlawful presence/permanent bans rule you out of adjusting your status.

This is my opinion/interpretation. It's not legal advice and shouldn't be construed as one.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by onatisi(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2018
theamerican:

I will try to interpret this. The U.S immigration laws are so complex that unless you understand them, you could make mistakes and put yourself in trouble when you panic and do something stupid.

When a student falls out of status, That's all there is to it: they're out of status. Some people think the day you violate your visa and fall out of status is the day you start accruing unlawful presence. NO! Unlawful presence starts counting when you get an order to leave/deportation order or when you apply for an immigrant benefit and it gets denied.

Let's use an example. A student is supposed to resume school on August 7, 2016. He didn't go to the school. He remains in the U.S. and works illegally. He has been out of Status, that's all. We're in May 2018. You'd think he has accrued 2 years of unlawful presence. He has not. Until he gets a deportation order, or he applies for an immigration benefit (for example green card) unsuccessfully, they don't start counting unlawful presence.

Now, the new law has fixed that. It has triggered counting unlawful presence the instant you fall out of status. In the past, they had to find you, and get a judge to issue you an order to leave voluntarily, or deportation order or a denied USCIS application to start the clock to count the days.

Do you understand so far? Good.

It's the same way a 3 year/10 year ban is only activated when you wanna return to the U.S. so if you've accrued unlawful presence for 6 months for example and you never leave the U.S. the ban doesn't come to effect. It is triggered when you answer calls from the village, visit them and then wanna get back into the U.S.

A summary of the new law: once you fall out of status, you start accruing unlawful status. Any unlawful presence over 180 days triggers a ban that works just like I explained above. In addition, 1 year of unlawful presence triggers a permanent ban. The bans also make you ineligible to try to get a visa, greencard, etc. This new law has blocked some paths.

When you wanna adjust your status and get a green card, there are two questions you'll have to answer. Have you ever violated the terms of your visa (been out of status)? And have you ever been ordered to leave/received a deportation order/applied for a green card (to calculate accrued unlawful presence)?

Let's see an example:

Suppose that same student in the above example marries here and wants to get a green card. Under the old law, he hasn't accrued any unlawful presence (I believe you understand how/why), but under this new law, he has accrued over 1 year, triggered a permanent ban which makes him permanently inadmissible and ineligible to apply for visa/green card.

Oh, I must add... Marrying a U.S. citizen makes them forgive a visa overstay (falling out of status), but this new law blocks that. Now it's not falling out of status anymore but unlawful presence/ban and even marriage to an American can't save some people because says unlawful presence/permanent bans rule you out of adjusting your status.

This is my opinion/interpretation. It's not legal advice and shouldn't be construed as one.

Trump is really making things tough

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CalebClinton: 7:49pm On May 13, 2018
Which kind of law is this, those this law apply to those that want to stay back after school in U.S? @theamerican
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 7:57pm On May 13, 2018
CalebClinton:
Which kind of law is this, those this law apply to those that want to stay back after school in U.S? @theamerican

It only applies to those who fall out of status/accrue unlawful presence. Staying back after school isn't in itself a big deal as long as it's done the proper/legal way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 7:58pm On May 13, 2018
abdulhafizmatti2001@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 8:04pm On May 13, 2018
abimbolar:

Nice, same course as me. Drop your email addy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by James89: 8:32pm On May 13, 2018
sobastical:

You're quoting yourself sir...

Lol grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 8:44pm On May 13, 2018
I do i quote someone here please guys??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seeker88(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2018
freudianslip:
For those that won't show up in school..

USCIS Changing Policy on Accrued Unlawful Presence by Nonimmigrant Students and Exchange Visitors

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today posted a policy memorandum changing how the agency will calculate unlawful presence for students and exchange visitors in F, J, and M nonimmigrant status, including F-2, J-2, or M-2 dependents, who fail to maintain their status in the United States.

This policy aligns with President Trump’s Executive Order: Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States to enforce the immigration laws of the country and will go into effect on Aug. 9, 2018.

“USCIS is dedicated to our mission of ensuring the integrity of the immigration system. F, J, and M nonimmigrants are admitted to the United States for a specific purpose, and when that purpose has ended, we expect them to depart, or to obtain another, lawful immigration status,” said USCIS Director L. Francis Cissna. “The message is clear: These nonimmigrants cannot overstay their periods of admission or violate the terms of admission and stay illegally in the U.S. anymore.”

Individuals in F, J, and M status who failed to maintain their status before Aug. 9, 2018, will start accruing unlawful presence on that date based on that failure, unless they had already started accruing unlawful presence, on the earliest of any of the following:

The day after DHS denied the request for an immigration benefit, if DHS made a formal finding that the individual violated his or her nonimmigrant status while adjudicating a request for another immigration benefit;
The day after their I-94 expired; or
The day after an immigration judge or in certain cases, the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), ordered them excluded, deported, or removed (whether or not the decision is appealed).
Individuals in F, J, or M status who fail to maintain their status on or after Aug. 9, 2018, will start accruing unlawful presence on the earliest of any of the following:

The day after they no longer pursue the course of study or the authorized activity, or the day after they engage in an unauthorized activity;
The day after completing the course of study or program, including any authorized practical training plus any authorized grace period;
The day after the I-94 expires; or
The day after an immigration judge, or in certain cases, the BIA, orders them excluded, deported, or removed (whether or not the decision is appealed).
Individuals who have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence during a single stay, and then depart, may be subject to three-year or 10-year bars to admission, depending on how much unlawful presence they accrued before they departed the United States. Individuals who have accrued a total period of more than one year of unlawful presence, whether in a single stay or during multiple stays in the United States, and who then reenter or attempt to reenter the United States without being admitted or paroled are permanently inadmissible.

Those subject to the three-year, 10-year, or permanent unlawful presence bars to admission are generally not eligible to apply for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status to permanent residence unless they are eligible for a waiver of inadmissibility or another form of relief.

This policy memorandum is updating Chapter 40.9.2 of the USCIS Adjudicator’s Field Manual.

USCIS is accepting comments on the policy memorandum. The 30-day public comment period begins today and closes on June 11, 2018. For complete information on the comment process, visit the Policy Memoranda for Comment page.

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit uscis.gov or follow us on Twitter (@uscis), YouTube (/uscis), and Facebook (/uscis).
Please do you have the source of this information?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 8:54pm On May 13, 2018
Please how do i quote someone guys??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bolisticbond026: 9:02pm On May 13, 2018

abimbolar:

Nice, same course as me. Drop your email addy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 9:38pm On May 13, 2018
Good day everybody, Please I'll need your assistance. I've seen the way you guys in nairaland have helped a lot of people to successfully get their visas approved after their interview. I'm a 17 year old boy with a full ride scholarship to McNeese State University in Lake Charles, Louisiana for the fall 2018 semester. During my previous interview on the 24th of April, I was denied but I'll apply again soon. I am also planning to join Education USA, do you think that would help?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Middy25(f): 9:46pm On May 13, 2018
Hello everyone, pls for those booking appointment for interview. What are the available dates presently? Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50pm On May 13, 2018
ghs007:
Good day everybody, Please I'll need your assistance. I've seen the way you guys in nairaland have helped a lot of people to successfully get their visas approved after their interview. I'm a 17 year old boy with a full ride scholarship to McNeese State University in Lake Charles, Louisiana for the fall 2018 semester. During my previous interview on the 24th of April, I was denied but I'll apply again soon. I am also planning to join Education USA, do you think that would help?

Posted word for word on how your interview went and maybe you can get some feedback

Did you go through previous examples of interview and prepare ?... I am busy but u can't miss this full ride. Send me a pm

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bettertomorrow1(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2018
opexomoba:

Yes u hv to fill a new one..n update it on ur page so it can reflect on their system

Please what do you mean by update it so it can show on the system.?
I just fill a new ds160 and I was given a new code... and that is the code I use to book for my interview. ..

Please am confuse here... about the updating issue, explain

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 13, 2018
Walspring:

Yes and it depend maybe there are irregularities acts in that center

How many days does it normally take for toefl score to be available?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kikky91(m): 10:53pm On May 13, 2018
Pls the gurus in the house I am a little confused abt statement of account issue... Pls i want to knw is it that the statement should have load of cash on it OR just that there should be inflow and outflow of cash on the account. Thanks for your responses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by opexomoba(m): 10:55pm On May 13, 2018
Bettertomorrow1:

Please what do you mean by update it so it can show on the system.?
I just fill a new ds160 and I was given a new code... and that is the code I use to book for my interview. ..

Please am confuse here... about the updating issue, explain

Thanks

You dont need to worry since its d new code u use to book ur interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kikky91(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2018
@ walspring... Boss I will like to pm u so that we can talk better....pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.