Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915311 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 5:46pm On May 14, 2018
kikky91:

PLS I NEED ANWERS PLS GURUS
someone has replied you already@folmus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jonat2rule: 6:00pm On May 14, 2018
jolowizzy11:
which date were you given......
JUNE 14
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DammyChrist(m): 6:32pm On May 14, 2018
Visa approved today at the Lagos Embassy. Time: 6:30a.m

Transcript goes thus:

Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Good morning, pass your documents (I-20 and passport)
Me: I did as instructed
VO: What are you going for?
Me: I am going to study and earn a doctorate degree in Energy Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
VO: Why PhD at this time?
Me: During my undergraduate research project, I discovered that the Nigerian society lack the adequate awareness of renewable energy and there hasn’t been cutting edge research going on in this field. The expertise gained from PhD, ESE will help me provide a pervading awareness of renewable energy technologies across all level through outreach and research (VO cuts in…)
VO: I mean what will this program do for you?
Me: An advanced degree in ESE will provide me with the expertise necessary to establish a research hub here in Nigeria for research, education, outreach and commercialization of renewable energy technologies. I foresee government institution partnering with people with skill set in renewable energy technologies like me for the energy security of the nation.
VO: Is it going to be an independent research hub or where will you do it?
Me: I plan to return to my alma mater to start up the research hub
VO: What’s the name of your school?
Me: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
VO: Do you work there?
Me: No, I don’t yet, but I have a slot as a first class graduate from the school
VO: So, why University of Tennessee?
Me: UTK is the only school that provides me with a unique opportunity of an interdisciplinary PhD program with three core components: Research, Entrepreneurship and Policymaking, unlike a disciplinary PhD in a specific department. It provides an avenue where I can hone entrepreneurial and Policy making skills apart from the research skills at the Bredesen centre for interdisciplinary education.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 4, then I named them: UTK, UKENN UofKansas and WVU
VO: It is still unbelievable that other schools don’t offer interdisciplinary program actually
Me: They don’t actually. This interdisciplinary program is a unique one, it was instituted by the former governor of Tennessee, Phil Bredesen to support cutting edge research in renewable energy technology.
VO: So, who is paying the school fees?
Me: I got a full tuition waiver and a distinguished fellowship worth $AB, 000 annually.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: How many children do you have?
Me: None
VO: (typing, then Brought out a white paper and circled something on the paper and said) Congrats, pick up your visa at the circled address
Me: Thank you sir

My Advice: Please do well to prepare well for the visa interview, please be yourself and don’t cram responses. Just be natural. You will get it. Good luck to you all…

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 14, 2018
DammyChrist:

Transcript goes thus:

Me: I am going to study and earn a doctorate degree in Energy Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Me: During my undergraduate research project, I discovered that the Nigerian society lack the adequate awareness of renewable energy and there hasn’t been cutting edge research going on in this field. The expertise gained from PhD, ESE will help me provide a pervading awareness of renewable energy technologies across all level through outreach and research (VO cuts in…)
Me: An advanced degree in ESE will provide me with the expertise necessary to establish a research hub here in Nigeria for research, education, outreach and commercialization of renewable energy technologies. I foresee government institution partnering with people with skill set in renewable energy technologies like me for the energy security of the nation.
Me: No, I don’t yet, but I have a slot as a first class graduate from the school
Me: UTK is the only school that provides me with a unique opportunity of an interdisciplinary PhD program with three core components: Research, Entrepreneurship and Policymaking, unlike a disciplinary PhD in a specific department. It provides an avenue where I can hone entrepreneurial and Policy making skills apart from the research skills at the Bredesen centre for interdisciplinary education.
VO: It is still unbelievable that other schools don’t offer interdisciplinary program actually
Me: They don’t actually. This interdisciplinary program is a unique one, it was instituted by the former governor of Tennessee, Phil Bredesen to support cutting edge research in renewable energy technology.
Me: I got a full tuition waiver and a distinguished fellowship worth $AB, 000 annually.
VO: (typing, then Brought out a white paper and circled something on the paper and said) Congrats, pick up your visa at the circled address

My Advice: Please do well to prepare well for the visa interview, please be yourself and don’t cram responses. Just be natural. You will get it. Good luck to you all…

Congratulations �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 7:35pm On May 14, 2018
DammyChrist:

Transcript goes thus:

Congratulation

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheEnforcer: 7:35pm On May 14, 2018
I wonder where these girls are;Yvete ,mamacita kpolli(m)and co.They were quite amazing.The nostalgia!Anyone who remembers them??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mamuzoOMAH(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2018
exxy:

Greatest Uniben student, are you coming for masters if so you need to take the GRE and choose schools u intend to apply.
great. yes I am coming for masters. Alright sir, I will do that asap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mzzaeny: 9:08pm On May 14, 2018
Hi guys am a new reader on this thread and i want to ask a question:

I am going for a bachelors degree and i just got my i-20,my relative in the United States will be sponsoring me so i want to know guys

“Does my relative need to show a letter supporting the bank statement and if so what should the letter contain?

Pls answers will be greatly appreciated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 9:20pm On May 14, 2018
Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 4gunners(m): 9:41pm On May 14, 2018
Congrats bro. The name 'Alamo' sounds very familiar. I finished from OAU CVE as well. I guess you are the Akamo in Mech (first class guys are popular) ��
DammyChrist:

Transcript goes thus:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 9:49pm On May 14, 2018
adespecial:
Please which school did u apply to ND can I still apply for this year

UCM.edu , I think there deadline is around a month time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by victree007(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
great. yes I am coming for masters. Alright sir, I will do that asap
Dear UNIBEST Graduate. Abeg don't do GRE ASAP o. Spend between 2-4 months to prepare for it so you can ace it.
I'll advice you go for NYSC and use that 12 months to research about schools, study for GRE, prepare your supplementary materials and apply by 2019. I know say we from UNIBEN no dey carry last but for this matter you gats study to show yourself approved o. Think am

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kpolli(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2018
TheEnforcer:
I wonder where these girls are;Yvete ,mamacita kpolli(m)and co.They were quite amazing.The nostalgia!Anyone who remembers them??

I'm still here oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 10:00pm On May 14, 2018
Hello everyone, so sorry that I’m asking too much questions , please I need someone to put me through or enlighten me on this, I actually apply for undergraduate and have been admitted recently, I’m just so worried because of my age, I’m 26years of age, and how I will have to go through it with the V.O, I’m really in need of your advice on this. And I also want to ask what’s the maximum time I have to pick a date for interview after paying for the sevis fee??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:19pm On May 14, 2018
Jonat2rule:
Please fellows, I had filled, submitted and scheduled VISA APPOINTMENT but I didn't upload photo due to the fact that the system rejected my passport/photo and asked me to continue without uploading which I did, Please hope this won't affect my scheduled appointment? Thanks in anticipation

Uncle it is best to jejely go take another 2*2 passport and fill another ds160, then login into your application page and edit your ds160. Don't go to the embassy with that ds160 with no picture ooo... Or else you might suffer a heart break and/lose about 5k to those embassy touts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:26pm On May 14, 2018
banji001:
Hello everyone, so sorry that I’m asking too much questions , please I need someone to put me through or enlighten me on this, I actually apply for undergraduate and have been admitted recently, I’m just so worried because of my age, I’m 26years of age, and how I will have to go through it with the V.O, I’m really in need of your advice on this. And I also want to ask what’s the maximum time I have to pick a date for interview after paying for the sevis fee??

When did you finish high school and what have you been doing since then?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 10:27pm On May 14, 2018
DammyChrist:

Transcript goes thus:

Congrats bra
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 10:30pm On May 14, 2018
Has anybody received admission letter so far from Cleveland state University? I'm so worried embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheEnforcer: 10:49pm On May 14, 2018
kpolli:

I'm still here oooo
What about those ladies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheEnforcer: 10:49pm On May 14, 2018
kpolli:

I'm still here oooo
What about those ladies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by amanze15(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2018
It's so disheartenning that's as a Nigerian, you feel you are a victim of circumstances of what is going on Back home. Some of my friends recently got full time position (sponsorships as long as they would be with them for atleast a year) with several multinational companies that have satellite headquarters in thier respective countries or region where they came from for thier masters. Some mineral exploration companies would rather hire a Ghanaian than a Nigeria because they bgghave interest in Ghana or planning to, or a heavy construction company would hire an Indian before a Nigerian because they have offices in India.
Now you resorted to grabbing certificates, professional licensure to meet up with the demand.

Just another day of being a NIGERIAN cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 11:05pm On May 14, 2018
aadeyi:

When did you finish high school and what have you been doing since then?

I finish at 2014, I’m just busy doing some odd jobs, then never knew this kind opportunity would show up at all, that’s the cause of the delay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kpolli(m): 11:45pm On May 14, 2018
TheEnforcer:
What about those ladies?

They are good... I even keep in touch with some the guys too and they are doing very well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ZinoDaniels(m): 11:47pm On May 14, 2018
Please my people is there a specific age requirements for students who wants to do an undergraduate programme in USA. My cousin is 24 years old and he wants to go for an undergraduate programme in USA, he graduated from high school 2010. Hope his age is not a problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 11:57pm On May 14, 2018
banji001:

I finish at 2014, I’m just busy doing some odd jobs, then never knew this kind opportunity would show up at all, that’s the cause of the delay

So you finish high school at the age of 24? sorry for asking this kind of question ooo but I can assure you the VO will ask you the same. I just like to know peoples background in this case before advising further.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aadeyi: 11:58pm On May 14, 2018
ZinoDaniels:
Please my people is there a specific age requirements for students who wants to do an undergraduate programme in USA. My cousin is 24 years old and he wants to go for an undergraduate programme in USA, he graduated from high school 2010. Hope his age is not a problem

Actually there is no age limit to anything, but the lower your age the better your chances. If i may ask, what has your cousin been doing since 2010 that he graduated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 12:16am On May 15, 2018
aadeyi:

So you finish high school at the age of 24? sorry for asking this kind of question ooo but I can assure you the VO will ask you the same. I just like to know peoples background in this case before advising further.

I understand, there nothing I could hide about that, so that the reason why I think you could put me through a little and by that I could add some more idea to it.. help a brother �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ZinoDaniels(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house, Does flywire charge up to $100 when making payments of $60?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by amos4real(m): 1:21am On May 15, 2018
Good day all.

Please i do like to ask if it possible to change from B1B2 visa[b] ( B1) after the program while in USA to F1 plz advice or shear you opinion.

Thanks you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lala234: 1:39am On May 15, 2018
Demonicide:
Has anybody received admission letter so far from Cleveland state University? I'm so worried embarassed
MSC or BSC?

As your transcript been processed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:44am On May 15, 2018
banji001:
Banji, you won't know if you will be granted a visa unless you try. And Stop having this thought, visa isn't guaranteed for No one here.
Questions about What you've been doing since graduation Will definitely come up,get ready.

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.