Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,446 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (924354 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by austinelex: 5:33am On May 15, 2018
pls house is it possible to see a university or college with a low tuition fee of around 200/300$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by austinelex: 5:35am On May 15, 2018
pls House is it possible to pay the fees little by little till when one gets there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 5:39am On May 15, 2018
austinelex:
pls house is it possible to see a university or college with a low tuition fee of around 200/300$
Loll, even Federal universities in Nigeria collect that amount.

No, you can't get a school with that amount, at least none that I know of.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 6:12am On May 15, 2018
DammyChrist:
Visa approved today at the Lagos Embassy. Time: 6:30a.m

Transcript goes thus:

Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Good morning, pass your documents (I-20 and passport)
Me: I did as instructed
VO: What are you going for?
Me: I am going to study and earn a doctorate degree in Energy Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
VO: Why PhD at this time?
Me: During my undergraduate research project, I discovered that the Nigerian society lack the adequate awareness of renewable energy and there hasn’t been cutting edge research going on in this field. The expertise gained from PhD, ESE will help me provide a pervading awareness of renewable energy technologies across all level through outreach and research (VO cuts in…)
VO: I mean what will this program do for you?
Me: An advanced degree in ESE will provide me with the expertise necessary to establish a research hub here in Nigeria for research, education, outreach and commercialization of renewable energy technologies. I foresee government institution partnering with people with skill set in renewable energy technologies like me for the energy security of the nation.
VO: Is it going to be an independent research hub or where will you do it?
Me: I plan to return to my alma mater to start up the research hub
VO: What’s the name of your school?
Me: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
VO: Do you work there?
Me: No, I don’t yet, but I have a slot as a first class graduate from the school
VO: So, why University of Tennessee?
Me: UTK is the only school that provides me with a unique opportunity of an interdisciplinary PhD program with three core components: Research, Entrepreneurship and Policymaking, unlike a disciplinary PhD in a specific department. It provides an avenue where I can hone entrepreneurial and Policy making skills apart from the research skills at the Bredesen centre for interdisciplinary education.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 4, then I named them: UTK, UKENN UofKansas and WVU
VO: It is still unbelievable that other schools don’t offer interdisciplinary program actually
Me: They don’t actually. This interdisciplinary program is a unique one, it was instituted by the former governor of Tennessee, Phil Bredesen to support cutting edge research in renewable energy technology.
VO: So, who is paying the school fees?
Me: I got a full tuition waiver and a distinguished fellowship worth $AB, 000 annually.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: How many children do you have?
Me: None
VO: (typing, then Brought out a white paper and circled something on the paper and said) Congrats, pick up your visa at the circled address
Me: Thank you sir

My Advice: Please do well to prepare well for the visa interview, please be yourself and don’t cram responses. Just be natural. You will get it. Good luck to you all…

Congratsssss. I share grace with you bro.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mzzaeny: 6:18am On May 15, 2018
[Gurus in the house please answers]

Hi guys am a new reader on this thread and i want to ask a question:

I am going for a bachelors degree and i just got my i-20,my relative in the United States will be sponsoring me so i want to know guys

“Does my relative need to show a letter supporting the bank statement and if so what should the letter contain?

Pls answers will be greatly appreciated [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abjisperson(m): 6:19am On May 15, 2018
House please i need answers,...Is it true that courses that offers online and evening classes always get denials at the embassy? And also will it be included in the i-20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 6:22am On May 15, 2018
austinelex:

No, but... You can lock yourself away for a year and prepare for Toefl and GRE. Work towards mind-blowing scores like 115 on TOEFL and 330 on GRE. Apply to schools that will fund your studies. You can get your tuition waived, earn a yearly stipend of about $10k with insurance and all. At the end of the day, you'll only pay a few hundreds for your studies. smiley

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by austinelex: 6:30am On May 15, 2018
Walspring:

You can pay it yourself by going to seme border to pay or someone in US assist you.
pls which means of payment is faster also,if I get to seme border how do I go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 6:37am On May 15, 2018
seeker88:

If you aren’t ignorant, you would never try to compare any accredited university here in the US with Unilag and your Covenant University....you are only exposing your ignorance further.

Finally, my advice to prospective applicants. Just ensure that your school/program is accredited, get the right skill sets in your desired field, build a very good resume and you will be good for job/internships opportunities here. Those so called lowly ranked school will help you unleash your potential that you might never discover if you keep waiting in Nigeria to get into the top/Ivy League schools.

You deserve some accolades lol. I read the bolded part and my jaw almost dropped.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 6:40am On May 15, 2018
austinelex:
pls which means of payment is faster also,if I get to seme border how do I go about it

Both are faster. If you can go to seme border to pay or you get in touch with someone in the US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by austinelex: 6:45am On May 15, 2018
folmus:

Both are faster. If you can go to seme border to pay or you get in touch with someone in the US.
wen I get to seme border how do I go about d payment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:12am On May 15, 2018
austinelex:
wen I get to seme border how do I go about d payment

First generate your coupon here : https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html or https://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu-instructions and look for western union agent that does quick pay.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by austinelex: 7:18am On May 15, 2018
Pls pple in d house is it possible to pay tuition fee of around 8k$ one paid 500$ and wen he gets there he pay the remaining fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Topweez(m): 7:20am On May 15, 2018
Demonicide:
Has anybody received admission letter so far from Cleveland state University? I'm so worried embarassed
Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:21am On May 15, 2018
austinelex:
Pls pple in d house is it possible to pay tuition fee of around 8k$ one paid 500$ and wen he gets there he pay the remaining fees

I thought you 've been admitted already. Your school is the sure bet to give you information about school fees payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 7:34am On May 15, 2018
sobastical:
Inform the school about the changes

OK thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:48am On May 15, 2018
DammyChrist:

Transcript goes thus:

Me: I am going to study and earn a doctorate degree in Energy Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Me: During my undergraduate research project, I discovered that the Nigerian society lack the adequate awareness of renewable energy and there hasn’t been cutting edge research going on in this field. The expertise gained from PhD, ESE will help me provide a pervading awareness of renewable energy technologies across all level through outreach and research (VO cuts in…)
Me: An advanced degree in ESE will provide me with the expertise necessary to establish a research hub here in Nigeria for research, education, outreach and commercialization of renewable energy technologies. I foresee government institution partnering with people with skill set in renewable energy technologies like me for the energy security of the nation.
Me: No, I don’t yet, but I have a slot as a first class graduate from the school
Me: UTK is the only school that provides me with a unique opportunity of an interdisciplinary PhD program with three core components: Research, Entrepreneurship and Policymaking, unlike a disciplinary PhD in a specific department. It provides an avenue where I can hone entrepreneurial and Policy making skills apart from the research skills at the Bredesen centre for interdisciplinary education.
VO: It is still unbelievable that other schools don’t offer interdisciplinary program actually
Me: They don’t actually. This interdisciplinary program is a unique one, it was instituted by the former governor of Tennessee, Phil Bredesen to support cutting edge research in renewable energy technology.
Me: I got a full tuition waiver and a distinguished fellowship worth $AB, 000 annually.
VO: (typing, then Brought out a white paper and circled something on the paper and said) Congrats, pick up your visa at the circled address

My Advice: Please do well to prepare well for the visa interview, please be yourself and don’t cram responses. Just be natural. You will get it. Good luck to you all…

congrat bro
University of Tennessee is on my list for fall 2019
I will like to have a private discussion with you
can I pm you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:50am On May 15, 2018
Walspring:

2 weeks after the exam or more

thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by austinelex: 7:55am On May 15, 2018
Pls people in d house is it possible to pay tuition fee of around 8k$ ,one paid 500$ and wen he gets there he pay the remaining fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pablo1313(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2018
DammyChrist:

Transcript goes thus:

Please can I get through to you .: I need a proposed interview

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by slimturay(f): 9:06am On May 15, 2018
Goodmorning,please am filling my Ds-160,but am currently unemployed am running my catering service business,where am i supposed to fill the details about my Undergraduate studies,before i submit the form.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 10:06am On May 15, 2018
austinelex:

per credit hour? or per semester?

200/300$ is like 72,000naira / 108,000naira
for the former, more likely

for the later, i don't think so
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 10:10am On May 15, 2018
abjisperson:
House please i need answers,...Is it true that courses that offers online and evening classes always get denials at the embassy? And also will it be included in the i-20?

most courses like MBA and EDUCATION courses can be offered online 100%.

your ability to convince the VO of how your physical attendance, fellowship with other students, physical interaction with instructors and physical research and internship program can affect your career growth positively will increase your chance or getting VISA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by amos4real(m): 10:59am On May 15, 2018
amos4real:
Good day all.

Please i do like to ask if it possible to change from B1B2 visa[b] ( B1) after the program while in USA to F1 plz advice or shear you opinion.

Thanks you all.

�. Please my people any advice on that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 11:05am On May 15, 2018
Lala234:

MSC or BSC?

As your transcript been processed?
Msc, It's been two weeks they received my transcript. I have not heard from them. Does the processing takes long like this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 11:07am On May 15, 2018
Topweez:
Yes.
Did it take a long time before you received it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by HigherEd: 11:35am On May 15, 2018
seeker88:

Hey, keep wallowing in your ignorant....
And for your information, there’s no school as “Texas A&M the Kingston one” .....if you can’t do research about schools in the US, then just shut the Bleep up, and refrain from discouraging people here. Not everyone can afford to go to MIT and the likes.
And as someone has rightly pointed out, school ranking doesn’t automatically secure your dream job, you have to work towards getting such job irrespective of your school ranking.
For example, I came across a student from UPenn who’s looking for Summer Internship, meanwhile, many students from TAMUK which you perceived as a dead school got offers from Intels/IBM during the last NSBE convention/career fair in Pittsburgh.....
The bottom line is; u don’t choose school based on how it sounds to you. If MIT, Vanderbilt, etc are the schools that pleases you, you don’t have publicly condemn other schools that you don’t even know about. I repeat, If you are not informed, just keep shut....
If you aren’t ignorant, you would never try to compare any accredited university here in the US with Unilag and your Covenant University....you are only exposing your ignorance further.

Finally, my advice to prospective applicants. Just ensure that your school/program is accredited, get the right skill sets in your desired field, build a very good resume and you will be good for job/internships opportunities here. Those so called lowly ranked school will help you unleash your potential that you might never discover if you keep waiting in Nigeria to get into the top/Ivy League schools.
And why exactly can a Unilag, AUN, or Covenant not be compared to any university in the US You do understand that 95% of American universities do not meet the Times Higher ranking Of UI?

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adel3951: 11:43am On May 15, 2018
Good day house, please who's going to California anytime soon. Pleas. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DammyChrist(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2018
Yes, you are free
brightdocare:

congrat bro
University of Tennessee is on my list for fall 2019
I will like to have a private discussion with you
can I pm you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by banji001: 12:02pm On May 15, 2018
Idibia18:

Banji, you won't know if you will be granted a visa unless you try. And Stop having this thought, visa isn't guaranteed for No one here.
Questions about What you've been doing since graduation Will definitely come up,get ready.

Thank you so much bro, i really appreciate your encouragement, and it even give me more strength, thank you so much once again, and there is a question i want to ask, is any limited time I've to go for the visa interview after paying for my sevis fee??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nwendujudy: 12:39pm On May 15, 2018
banji001:

So sorry , things would surely work out una better way soon, take heart

Please how do I make a fresh post on this thread? I was denied visa last week and I intend to re apply. I need to post my transcript so you guys can access my responses and critize as applicable. This is a plea. Please Help a sister.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 12:45pm On May 15, 2018
adel3951:
Good day house, please who's going to California anytime soon. Pleas. Thank you
I ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.