Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (917327 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 11:14am On May 31, 2018
Sorelee:
its to the discretion of the VO to approve or Denial Visas, someone got her Visa here just yesterday with her Father Inlaw as sponsor.

close relatives can be your sponsor prepare and hope for the best.

Yes Sir, dem fit no just like person face.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2018
Who do you think would vet on this transcript? if you cant type it like others then forget it

Toheebalag:
Pls everyone I need your help am going to embassy tomorrow and than my transcript pls I need your reply as soon as possible

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by slimturay(f): 11:20am On May 31, 2018
Goodmorning please my interview is slated for june 12,would i need to take my passport along i uploaded it on my DS-160. Another thing is am a Muslim i use cap but somebody was telling me i can't cover my hair to the embassy,How true is that? Would upload my proposed transcript soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bayolino: 11:24am On May 31, 2018
whyqueu:
Good Morning guys ,

I went for my interview today for 6:30 am.

Window 3,

VO : Good morning and Why are you going to the US
Me : For my Master in Agricultural Science with a concentration in Plant Breeding

VO: what School
Me : Tarleton State University for my masters

VO: Why Tarleton
Me : I choose Tarleton State university because of the Opportunity to Research with two Professor, Prof Ted Ford and Professor Bradt Poe. Professor Ted ford research on Plant Breeding for the past 25 years coupled with hundreds of research and journal that's I'm a fan of . The most interest part is that he has given me and opportunity to reaserch with him along side Prof Brady Poe on a Research topic on " Variability and Use of multiple seed vigour indices to predict field emergency and potential longevity performance in Vigna Uniculata " he cuts in

VO : How many school did I apply to
Me : 5 schools

VO: Any standardised Exam
Me : TOEFL

VO : Score
Me:91

VO: Where do I work
Me: INternational Institute of Tropical Agriculture

VO: Who is your Sponsor
Me: Actually my father is my main sponsor and I also have some Personal saving that I have been saving for years for this journey

VO: that's very Good! Do you have your Father's Bank statement ?
Me: No

VO: Okay
Nah so VO they type for like 2 minutes they look my i20 like say tomao no dey

Naso : e give me white letter say make I send the bank statement showing the available money for the journey.I should send it to any DHL in white paper and all...

Naso I waka gegeli oo... The embassy was full like rice today ..VO just they give blue everywhere.

Please Guy: my problem is my father doesn't have a money in one bank (He's also a stoke broker and all) because its not safe to have a single bank. That's why I didn't go with one .. but now my fear is ..If I transfer money to the account now and send the bank statement with my ID card it won't be a Red Flag ?? Send the money now to the account won't sound as if it a problem
Please advice and Kindly help me .

Please I'm really scared oooo.

cc sorelee
lagosismyhome
TheAmerican
uncle twoods
femi312
imperiouxx
bigfrancis21

Please all I need serious advice so as not to miss it ...I need your help .. You guys are all I have !! please kind help !

Congrats all the best!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 11:24am On May 31, 2018
i have honestly been reading through your interview transcript and cant still find an obvious error in it yet, maybe i be olodo sha grin grin grin .... the only thing i see is that you applied to only one school, ( has a serious student you should applied to more than one). Secondly, you dint write any standardized test, Although you told the VO you wrote the school admission Test so i cant say that was where the error came from

All in All Im not a VO, its to the discretion of the VO to approve or Denial Visas. probably something in your application just didn't go well with him, you can try again and hope for the best

tyma21:

Thank you
But from my Transcript,is there any mistake or do you think there is need for corrections?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 11:29am On May 31, 2018
Please how much is TOEFl currently. Plus has anyone heard about Arkansas Tech University before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stephanie09: 11:36am On May 31, 2018
reDazey:
My Visa was approved today at Abuja Embassy.
My transcript goes like this:
VO: Good morning, can I have your passport and I-20?
Me: Good morning(with a smile). I gave her.
VO: You are going for a Ph.D. at the College of William and Mary?
Me: Yes
VO: What course?
Me: Computer Science
VO: Are you married? Do you have kids?
Me: No, I am not married. I have no kids.
VO: Do you have any relative in the US

To all those going with VIU, please reconsider. I witnessed a guy being queried with his VIU admission. He answered all questions confidently. However, if you were there, you would observe that the VO would not give the VIU guy the visa. Please be wise. If you like, you can contradict my opinion, I won't reply. Thank you all.

Congratulations, God bless your journey!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stephanie09: 11:37am On May 31, 2018
Quoran:
Visa approved! I will share my transcripts later today.

Congrats Quoran..God bless your journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 11:40am On May 31, 2018
Hello guys,
I want to appreciate all the people that have been contributing on this thread and making life easier for Nigerians aspiring to study in the US. You guys are doing a great job. I wonder if anyone here can help me with answers to a few questions regarding my application process for master's in Mechanical engineering at csu Sacramento.

It is not mentioned anywhere on the school's website that one should submit a sop as part of requirements, is this an oversight or are there schools that don't require a sop for master's degree admission?

Secondly, is the accounts statement meant to be submitted during application or after one has been admitted?
I have sent emails to the graduate school coordinator of the faculty and office of international admissions, and it's running into weeks now, none of them has replied. What kind of school does that.

Please anyone with idea about csu Sacramento should help with a reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by detounmi: 11:40am On May 31, 2018
Visa delayed today
VO:- pass me your form i20 and passport
me:- I passed it
VO:- What are you going for?
me:- Im going for my master degree in law with concentration in business law
VO:- why this school?
me:-Apart from having the third oldest law school in the US, and being accredited by American bar association, i have interest in two research works going on in the faculty by Prof Robert .......... and Prof Kelvin Tu, Proffesor Robert ...... is based on corporate restructuring for strategic management of a company, while that of Prof Kelvin Tu is based on regulation of new and emerging new payment system.
VO:- what will this degree do for you?
me:- my career goal is to be an inhouse counsel in a corporate organisation here in Nigeria by the time i finish my master degree, i will be marketable in the job market
VO:- its a year prog right?
me:- its nine months prog
VO:- Are you married?
me:- No
VO:- Any children
VO:- who's sponsoring you?
me:- My Mother
VO:- do you have the account statement here?
me:- yes(i gave him that), and he studied the account statement for a while and I was handed the blue paper
(my school is university of Maryland, Baltimore). please, where did i go wrong?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:41am On May 31, 2018
slimturay:
Goodmorning please my interview is slated for june 12,would i need to take my passport along i uploaded it on my DS-160. Another thing is am a Muslim i use cap but somebody was telling me i can't cover my hair to the embassy,How true is that? Would upload my proposed transcript soon

yes there have been stories about people denied entry into the US because they have a Muslim name and other factors related to religion and other bias .. It happens . Entry into a country can be subjective and it their country their rules .......

However i doubt if the US embassy in Nigeria discriminate just because someone wears a Muslim cap . Be prepared , be intelligent , have a good profile and i am sure you be fine . My friend was worried some years ago with this , as she wears an Hijab . She was going to Hopkins and her interview was effortless .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whyqueu(m): 12:10pm On May 31, 2018
detounmi:
Visa delayed today
me:-Apart from having the third oldest law school in the US, and being accredited by American bar association, i have interest in two research works going on in the faculty by Prof Robert .......... and Prof Kelvin Tu, Proffesor Robert ...... is based on corporate restructuring for strategic management of a company, while that of Prof Kelvin Tu is based on regulation of new and emerging new payment system.
me:- my career goal is to be an inhouse counsel in a corporate organisation here in Nigeria by the time i finish my master degree, i will be marketable in the job market
me:- yes(i gave him that), and he studied the account statement for a while and I was handed the blue paper

How much was the funds inside the account and how much is the tuition fee for the one year program

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by detounmi: 12:22pm On May 31, 2018
[quote author=whyqueu post=68047675]

How much was the funds inside the account and how much is the tuition fee for the one year program

The Total Estimated cost of study is 50,449 Dollars while the closing balance in the account statement is 32,295,079.36 Naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:28pm On May 31, 2018
detounmi:

The Total Estimated cost of study is 50,449 Dollars while the closing balance in the account statement is 32,295,079.36 Naira

Sorry for your delay .... 50k usd is a lot of money for a 9 months program ... The law is very different there which makes finding a job after graduation challenging .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 12:28pm On May 31, 2018
[quote author=detounmi post=68046807]Visa delayed today
(my school is university of Maryland, Baltimore). please, where did i go wrong

But this transcript is on the right side for approval.

[b]VO:- why this school?
'if VO ask why this school/particular schl; know say info don go round on that inst.'
(Please,check the same program at top universities if it is the same length of study there also,then you are good to go but if it is not the same then the VO is right for the denial)

VO:- its a year prog right? (It is not up to a year program right?)[/b]

There is doubt here to the VO 9months For a master degree program

Becareful before you refire...Do your search again on that school's program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 1:17pm On May 31, 2018
tyma21:
I went for my Interview today and was denied.
Please here is my transcript. I will really appreciate if i can get anyone to help me to know where i went wrong cos i will be applying for another interview soon and if possible anyone have idea of the earliest date and help me with better preparation.

VO: Goodmorning,pls pass me your Visa nd i20
VO: can you tell me your educational qualifications?
Me: i had my first degree in Law at the UNi... after which i proceeded for my 1yr certification at the Nigerian Law school as a Legal Practisioner
VO: ooh! So you are a lawyer
Me: Yes, i am
VO: where are you going to?
Me: i am going to the USA for my masters degree in public Administration at the Uni of Illinois,Springfield.

VO: how many school did you apply to and what interest you about the school?
Me: i applied to just UIS and aside from the fact that the school offers a masters degree program in a course that alines with my profession as a legal practitioner, the school also provides a form of liberal arts system in which i do not only get to offer MPA only as a masters degree course but also offers as a graduate degree course in public sector labour relations. And also prior to my interview, i had exchanged several emails with a lecturer in the department who advised me on the importance of having a qualification in MPA as a legal practitioner.

VO: why MPA?
Me: i choose MPA because the course is a plus to my career as a legal practitioner as it will enable me understand the legislative complexities involved in policy making, analysis and decision making and also to ensure sustainability and efficiency in the processess involved in formulating, implementing and enforcement of this policies into law.

VO: what career plan do you hve with MPA?
Me: upon my graduation as an MPA holder i am returning back to my country as cos as a degree in MPa you can work in any government parastatals. i would be working as an Administrative Service Manager ensuring proper analysis of incentives, ensuring policies are made subject to societal needs and also as a liason officer to policy affected group such as the labour sector.

VO: what part of Administration?
VO: Administration of policies in areas of social inclusion, rights and sustainability of the rules of law.

VO: did you write any exam?
Me: Yes, i wrote an online examfrom the school which ranges from English, mathematics,QR and Verbal Reasoning. Every other exams was waived for me due to my results from the University.( all the exams was waived)

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: My aunt

VO:why is she sponsoring you and why cant your parent sponsor you?
Me: she has been the one sponsoring my education right from secondary school.
VO: sorry .......

He was typing all through the interview and i made sure I maintained a good eye contact. He stopped typing when he asked for my sponsor.

With my little understanding of this visa thing I've been reading outchea, maybe it's because you applied to one school, and he was expecting you to say GRE or TOEFL cause that's the norm. He had already decided when you didn't respond with "GRE or TOEFL" cause I see no reason why he'll deny you cause your aunt decided to be your sponsor. Just my opinion

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 1:38pm On May 31, 2018
detounmi:
Visa delayed today

Hi there!
I'm not sure you gave a solid reason why you choose the school, that's one.
The main reason why he probably denied you is you have no solid home ties cause for him to ask if you're married and with kids? He thinks you're a potential lover

Just my opinion

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 1:40pm On May 31, 2018
bigfrancis21:

From your premises you should know what your answer is. Take any of the exams for taking sake just to have something to present to the visa officer if asked. Paying N45k for TOEFL or N50k for GRE is cheaper than N57.6k for your second visa interview. My 2 cents.

Please where can one get this subsizided fees for these exams at the moment at same rate you said.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 1:48pm On May 31, 2018
Ubah1:

Your interview went well. Sponsor is just the reason for this denial. Since your parents are alive, why will your aunt be sponsoring you from secondary school days. I smell lies there. You didn't give a good reason why your aunt is sponsoring you.

Parents or no parents. That's not the reason, it's just to cover up..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:50pm On May 31, 2018
tyma21:
Please here is my transcript. I will really appreciate if i can get anyone to help me to know where i went wrong cos i will be applying for another interview soon and if possible anyone have idea of the earliest date and help me with better preparation.

Me: i had my first degree in Law at the UNi... after which i proceeded for my 1yr certification at the Nigerian Law school as a Legal Practisioner
Me: i am going to the USA for my masters degree in public Administration at the Uni of Illinois,Springfield.

Me: i applied to just UIS and aside from the fact that the school offers a masters degree program in a course that alines with my profession as a legal practitioner, the school also provides a form of liberal arts system in which i do not only get to offer MPA only as a masters degree course but also offers as a graduate degree course in public sector labour relations. And also prior to my interview, i had exchanged several emails with a lecturer in the department who advised me on the importance of having a qualification in MPA as a legal practitioner.

Me: i choose MPA because the course is a plus to my career as a legal practitioner as it will enable me understand the legislative complexities involved in policy making, analysis and decision making and also to ensure sustainability and efficiency in the processess involved in formulating, implementing and enforcement of this policies into law.

Me: upon my graduation as an MPA holder i am returning back to my country as cos as a degree in MPa you can work in any government parastatals. i would be working as an Administrative Service Manager ensuring proper analysis of incentives, ensuring policies are made subject to societal needs and also as a liason officer to policy affected group such as the labour sector.

VO: Administration of policies in areas of social inclusion, rights and sustainability of the rules of law.

Me: Yes, i wrote an online examfrom the school which ranges from English, mathematics,QR and Verbal Reasoning. Every other exams was waived for me due to my results from the University.( all the exams was waived)

He was typing all through the interview and i made sure I maintained a good eye contact. He stopped typing when he asked for my sponsor.

Sorry for the delay ....while some of your responses were good but

Applied to one school , no test scores then sponsor... I think it was not just one but the combination of these 3 didn't make a strong profile

We keep encouraging here to apply to more than one school and have test scores . The embassy seeing a lot of people these days so stand out to sell your self

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 2:09pm On May 31, 2018
tyma21:

VO: can you tell me your educational qualifications? (Your DS160 is not clear to the VO)

Me: i applied to just UIS
[s][/s] and aside from the fact that the school offers a masters degree program in a course that alines with my profession as a legal practitioner, the school also provides a form of liberal arts system in which i do not only get to offer MPA (He caught you here in the discussions)
[b]only as a masters degree course but also offers as a graduate degree course in public sector labour relations. And also prior to my interview, i had exchanged several emails with a lecturer in the department who advised me on the importance of having a qualification in MPA as a legal practitioner.

Me: i choose MPA because the course is a plus to my career[s][/s](this is not professional ) as a legal practitioner as it will enable me understand the legislative complexities involved in policy making, analysis and decision making and also to ensure sustainability and efficiency in the processess involved in formulating, implementing and enforcement of this policies into law.

Me: upon my graduation as an MPA holder i am returning back to my country as cos as a degree in MPa you can work in any government parastatals (You waived out your precision here it should be you not people). i would be working as an Administrative Service Manager ensuring proper analysis of incentives, ensuring policies are made subject to societal needs and also as a liason officer to policy affected group such as the labour sector.

VO: who is your sponsor? (Your sponsor's would be concrete if they are joint which includes you parents also and a good reason why you aunt is involve. Reminder;Your previous statement is already recorded,so still stay on the line with clear format.)

[i][/i]

You are good also,

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2018
Quoran:
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 10
VO: Name them.
Me: TAMU,Stanford, UCLA,TTU,MTU,UOA,UVA,RPI, OSU and WSU

VO: Your visa has been approved. Read this and do what's right to avoid been denied entry to the USA. Have a nice day.
Me: Thank you

Thanks to everyone on this thread.

Just like when I was applying to PA programs, though I applied to 12. Combine with your credentials, you're a serious student.... the VO realized that too.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fregkay: 2:20pm On May 31, 2018
Great responses, the VO wasn't just convinced about your aunt sponsoring you.
tyma21:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:24pm On May 31, 2018
tyma21:
I am reapplying in two weeks time. Can i change the relationship part cos the holder of the account bears same surname as mine.

Don't change your narrative so quickly. I don't want to hear another sad story.

Your first sponsor is on your record. Work on what you've. Changing the relationship now is trying to fool the next VO and the repercussion is bad.

Anyone sponsors anyone.

Lastly, only one school applicant again..... ehn. Well, some were able to pull that stunt before.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ariesben5: 2:27pm On May 31, 2018
Quoran:
VO: Good morning. Please pass me your passport and 1-20.
Me: Good morning
VO: I can see that you're going to Texas A and M University, College Station for a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering.
ME:Yes PhD Mechanical Engineering
VO:Interesting. Tell me about your past academic experiences
Me:I had my first degree at the University of Benin and had my masters at UCL.
VO: Where did you do your masters degree?
Me:I did my masters at UCL.
VO: London?
Me:Yes
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me:I work for a XYZ .....
VO: (cut in).... You have a UK work visa ?
VO: Tell me about your research
Me:My research is about qwertyuioplkjhgfdssa (Details are boring. You won't need it lol)
VO: Who's your supervisor?
Me: Professor XYZ

VO: Your visa has been approved. Read this and do what's right to avoid been denied entry to the USA. Have a nice day.

Congratulations!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 2:35pm On May 31, 2018
Please how much is TOEFl currently. Plus has anyone heard about Arkansas Tech University before?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mfarad(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2018
reDazey:
My Visa was approved today at Abuja Embassy.

Congratulations. All the best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mfarad(m): 3:38pm On May 31, 2018
Quoran:

Congrats man!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 4:06pm On May 31, 2018
Any csu Sacramento in the house?
..... Or anyone who knows about the school please.

paulemi:
Hello guys,
I want to appreciate all the people that have been contributing on this thread and making life easier for Nigerians aspiring to study in the US. You guys are doing a great job. I wonder if anyone here can help me with answers to a few questions regarding my application process for master's in Mechanical engineering at csu Sacramento.

It is not mentioned anywhere on the school's website that one should submit a sop as part of requirements, is this an oversight or are there schools that don't require a sop for master's degree admission?

Secondly, is the accounts statement meant to be submitted during application or after one has been admitted?
I have sent emails to the graduate school coordinator of the faculty and office of international admissions, and it's running into weeks now, none of them has replied. What kind of school does that.

Please anyone with idea about csu Sacramento should help with a reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 6:06pm On May 31, 2018
Quoran:
VO: Good morning. Please pass me your passport and 1-20.
Me: Good morning
VO: I can see that you're going to Texas A and M University, College Station for a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering.
ME:Yes PhD Mechanical Engineering
VO:Interesting. Tell me about your past academic experiences
Me:I had my first degree at the University of Benin and had my masters at UCL.
VO: Where did you do your masters degree?
Me:I did my masters at UCL.
VO: London?
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me:I work for a XYZ .....
VO: (cut in).... You have a UK work visa ?
VO: Tell me about your research
Me:My research is about qwertyuioplkjhgfdssa (Details are boring. You won't need it lol)
VO: Who's your supervisor?
Me: Professor XYZ

Congrats bro, wish you greater success in your endeavors. How did you get recommenders for these Schools?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2018
detounmi:
Visa delayed today
[b]me:- my career goal is to be an inhouse counsel in a corporate organisation here in Nigeria by the time i finish my master degree, i will be marketable in the job market
[/b]VO:- its a year prog right?

The VO is fully aware that you do not need a US or foreign degree to be a successful lawyer in Nigeria. In fact, the VO is also aware that a US law degree is of practically no use to you as a lawyer in Nigeria. It was pretty easy to see why you were denied.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.