Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (919049 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 1:36am On Jun 01, 2018
bod911:

Oh thanks, have you heard of anyone able to book?

No i haven't seen any
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bawz012(m): 2:39am On Jun 01, 2018
Is this thread for post graduate applicants alone?
Everyone seem to be talking about GRE alone.
Any available link to SAT materials would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
I just came into this thread.
I know there are about 12 threads that i should go through before coming in here but steadily i am reading them. However, a short and precise link to how to apply to Universities in the US and to the SAT materials would do. Please.
If i may... What is the first step? Is it to o my SAT first or to find me some good Universities to apply first ((undergraduate)?
I have got OND Architecture.
I have someone in Chicago
My priority is Scholarships please. Thank you Sirs
oga justwise Twoods Goshen360
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kacey007: 4:35am On Jun 01, 2018
imperiouxx:

Ask your grad coordinator about opportunity for funding. They will tell you if there is any and steps to take.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olalekank(m): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2018
bawz012:
Is this thread for post graduate applicants alone?
Everyone seem to be talking about GRE alone.
Any available link to SAT materials would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
I just came into this thread.
I know there are about 12 threads that i should go through before coming in here but steadily i am reading them. However, a short and precise link to how to apply to Universities in the US and to the SAT materials would do. Please.
If i may... What is the first step? Is it to o my SAT first or to find me some good Universities to apply first ((undergraduate)?
I have got OND Architecture.
I have someone in Chicago
oga justwise Twoods Goshen360

Send me a message on whatsapp at my signature. I have a link containing the SAT materials for free. There's also a SAT group where you can get all the info you need!

Also note that your OND isn't gonna fly for MSC if I'm right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Demonicide(f): 7:38am On Jun 01, 2018
detounmi:
Visa delayed today
VO:- pass me your form i20 and passport
me:- I passed it
VO:- What are you going for?
me:- Im going for my master degree in law with concentration in business law
VO:- why this school?
me:-Apart from having the third oldest law school in the US, and being accredited by American bar association, i have interest in two research works going on in the faculty by Prof Robert .......... and Prof Kelvin Tu, Proffesor Robert ...... is based on corporate restructuring for strategic management of a company, while that of Prof Kelvin Tu is based on regulation of new and emerging new payment system.
VO:- what will this degree do for you?
me:- my career goal is to be an inhouse counsel in a corporate organisation here in Nigeria by the time i finish my master degree, i will be marketable in the job market
VO:- its a year prog right?
me:- its nine months prog
VO:- Are you married?
me:- No
VO:- Any children
me:- No
VO:- who's sponsoring you?
me:- My Mother
VO:- do you have the account statement here?
me:- yes(i gave him that), and he studied the account statement for a while and I was handed the blue paper
(my school is university of Maryland, Baltimore). please, where did i go wrong?

I think you didn't answer the VO's question very well.
kacey007:
Any Cleveland State University admits here? I have just been given admission but nothing yet on funding. Do I have to mail the school concerning funding?
kacey007:
Any Cleveland State University admits here? I have just been given admission but nothing yet on funding. Do I have to mail the school concerning funding?
kacey007:
What department? When were you offered admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by micah1865: 7:45am On Jun 01, 2018
My Visa got delayed again. Where did i go wrong?

VO: What are you going to study in Us?

Me: Im going to study a Masters of Business administration with concentration in International Business.

VO: Why did you choose this University?

Me: Apart from the fact that Lincoln University suits my study plan, its a business oriented University with the 3rd largest MBA program in the Bay area that upholds a strong international focus with an average student record of 3.5gpa in the last 4 years which proves the quality of education id be getting at a cost effective tuition fee.

VO: why this course?

Me: Im going for an mba because i want to venture into management and also start a modern digital business in the Nigerian food market. where id create an online presence for the sales and distribution of food in Nigeria. Which some of the 36 credit unit course id be taking for the next 24 months at lincoln University will enhance me with the skills currently required in the Nigerian business sector.

Vo: Are you married?

no!

VO: do you have kids

no!

you do not qualify....... bla bla bla.

Anyone? Save me!�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lextube: 8:14am On Jun 01, 2018
Please can anybody suggest or recommend any University in America that can accept international student with GPA of 2.6. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2018
With the look of things your proposed school get K-leg ooo so many bad ratings about that school online and the VO definitely knows this

micah1865:
My Visa got delayed again. Where did i go wrong?

VO: What are you going to study in Us?

Me: Im going to study a Masters of Business administration with concentration in International Business.

VO: Why did you choose this University?

Me: Apart from the fact that Lincoln University suits my study plan, its a business oriented University with the 3rd largest MBA program in the Bay area that upholds a strong international focus with an average student record of 3.5gpa in the last 4 years which proves the quality of education id be getting at a cost effective tuition fee.

VO: why this course?

Me: Im going for an mba because i want to venture into management and also start a modern digital business in the Nigerian food market. where id create an online presence for the sales and distribution of food in Nigeria. Which some of the 36 credit unit course id be taking for the next 24 months at lincoln University will enhance me with the skills currently required in the Nigerian business sector.

Vo: Are you married?

no!

VO: do you have kids

no!

you do not qualify....... bla bla bla.

Anyone? Save me!�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femzy9099: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2018
Goodmorning

What is the current cost flight from abuja to u.s

Thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2018
The prestigious University of google.com
lextube:
Please can anybody suggest or recommend any University in America that can accept international student with GPA of 2.6. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by micah1865: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2018
Sorelee:

With the look of things your proposed school get K-leg ooo so many bad ratings about that school online and the VO definitely knows this

Thanks, but my colleague got a VISA for the same school in December 2017. Ive seen people get VISA for this same school on this thread. I'll sleep through it and hopefully wake up with a better feeling to more responses to my post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tyma21(f): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2018
TWoods:

To me, your problem lies here:

He gave you three opportunities to establish ties here and you did not. If you are already working at a law firm, why are you leaving that firm to pursue an MPA? Does this suggest you intend to change career paths? If so, why?

How is the MPA a plus to your career? Do you require an MPA to be a better lawyer or specialize in a particular sector of law? Do a large number of Nigerian law professionals need MPAs?

What do you mean by "enable me understand the legislative complexities involved in policy making, analysis and decision making"? Do Nigerian legislators all have MPAs as a requirement for their duties? Why then do you need one as a lawyer?

What do you mean by "ensure sustainability and efficiency in the processess involved in formulating, implementing and enforcement of this policies into law"? Is that a part of your job now? Is it intended to be part of your job after your MPA? If yes, then how?

Based on your answers, I deduce that your decision to pursue an MPA is not based on advancing your career at your current law firm. So you cannot use them as ties since you will obviously be resigning that position to advance your education. In that case, what is the basis for leaving your current job to pursue an MPA and likely change your career? Your second answer suggests you have no idea and simply stumbling around for anything you think the VO wants to hear. The only reason to leave a secure job (in a nation where jobs are hard to come by) to pursue a US masters degree to do something vague and undefined is because your primary intention is to immigrate to the US. You simply made it worse by applying to just one school and one which isn't likely to be in the top 20 for MPA programs in the US.

The earlier we realize these VOs can see through our cock and bull stories, the better for us.

Please i would like to chat with you privately. I sent you a mail. Please check

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2018
Thank you for your reply bro. I later sent them follow-up emails that yesterday, and both the graduate coordinator and Office of International Admissions replied in less than one hour, and we've been exchanging emails.
The graduate coordinator actually hinted a SOP would be required. Thank you.

Glocal1:
Not all schools /programs require SOP, some others even require Resume, abstract of an intending research etc as additional admission requirements
Bank statement requirements should be on the school's website. It depends on the school as well. You can call the staff in charge of admissions, if their phone numbers can be found on the
, student handbook /graduate catalogue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2018
Thanks bro. I'm definitely diversifying, although after sending them follow-up emails yesterday, both the graduate coordinator and office of international admissions replied within an hour. The OIA explained that they're getting lots of emails this period and it may take a while to respond to all.

happyday:

Yes, only research-intensive programs tend to ask for SoPs. No reply in weeks is not a good sign. If you can, kindly diversify your eggs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2018
tyma21:

Thank you
But from my Transcript,is there any mistake or do you think there is need for corrections?

I am sorry for the delay in your visa approval. in my opinion, you should work on the reasons you gave when the VO asked why your aunt is sponsoring you.

Why aren't you being sponsored by your parents?
This aunt of yours, doesn't she have kids of her own?
What does your aunt do?

the VO might not ask all of this questions, so it is all on you to always sound convincing.

lastly, be calm and 100% honest. Those folks can misinterpret agitation for dishonesty.

As regards the SOA, don't change accounts. ..just work on your answers.

I hope I made small sense.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 10:25am On Jun 01, 2018
paulemi:
Hello guys,
I want to appreciate all the people that have been contributing on this thread and making life easier for Nigerians aspiring to study in the US. You guys are doing a great job. I wonder if anyone here can help me with answers to a few questions regarding my application process for master's in Mechanical engineering at csu Sacramento.

It is not mentioned anywhere on the school's website that one should submit a sop as part of requirements, is this an oversight or are there schools that don't require a sop for master's degree admission?

Secondly, is the accounts statement meant to be submitted during application or after one has been admitted?
I have sent emails to the graduate school coordinator of the faculty and office of international admissions, and it's running into weeks now, none of them has replied. What kind of school does that.

Please anyone with idea about csu Sacramento should help with a reply.

Hello, I applied to CSU, Los Angeles, so I think I can help out with some answers.

All CSU universities make use of the CalApply portal. However, they all have different deadlines. you shoyld have gotten a response but a reason might be that the school isn't taking in applications anymore. (They ought to have responded to your emails to explain that though).

Just keep trying to reach them by email and try calling them too.

I hope I made small sense sir.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kay4eva: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2018
Hi guys,

Visa approved this morning

Been a silent reader, and will like to share my transcript so others can learn and benefit.

As mentioned by all the gurus here, please be confident (take deep breaths if the tension too much), do not attempt to cram and start to sound like robot (understand you answers/response and freestyle it in different format without changing the message you are trying to communicate).
I go knack suit na so heat wan kill me for the queues from outside and all the movement upandan, plus small tension sha grin, but immediately we entered the AC area I became more comfortable.

The two peeps before me had been bounced, so I just package myself, tried to remain calm and collected & prayed for favour.

VO; Good morning
Me: Good morning and *smiles*
VO: Pass me your I-20 and passport
VO; Where will you be going to
Me; Texas A&M University at College Station, for my Masters in Business Administration and Mgmt (MBA)
VO; Why did you choose A&M
Me: Well, because its a well ranked school in the US and the class size is quite small compared to most MBA programs at top schools in the US (VO nods). I also had discussions with current students and some alumni, and they provided great feedback on the structure of the program and internship opportunities available. This internship period will be very good for me to gain some international work experience
VO; Oh you spoke to some students
Me; Yes
VO; Did you take any test
Me; Yes I took GRE and IELTS
VO; What was you GRE scores
Me; 307, Verbal 152 and Quant 155
VO; What will you do after your degree
Me; I will return back to Nigeria and push for a promotion at my current place of work.... also this degree will make me more marketable as a professional for other job opportunities in the future.
VO; Where do you work
Me; I work as a SA in xyz firm
VO; I see you have some scholarship, how will you pay for the rest
Me; I will be paying for it partially by myself and also with support from my family
VO; Who in your family will be supporting you
Me; My Uncle
VO; What does he do
Me; He works as a CP Supervisor with xxxxxxPetroleum Coy
VO; Please pass me his statement
Me; I passed the statement (I had created a one page summary of my funds and their sources showing the total.... the funds were from different sources, Nigerian account, UK account, money market sef dey there)....... she scans through and gave me back
VO; I will be approving you VISA.............. Do have a great day
Me; Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day

Confidence is key, and I also observed that many prepare long responses to just a short and simple question from the VO (Keep it simple) and also pray for favour too.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2018
Kay4eva:
Hi guys,

Been a silent reader, and will like to share my transcript so others can learn and benefit.

As mentioned by all the gurus here, please be confident (take deep breaths if the tension too much), do not attempt to cram and start to sound like robot (understand you answers/response and freestyle it in different format without changing the message you are trying to communicate).
I go knack suit na so heat wan kill me for the queues from outside and all the movement upandan, plus small tension sha grin, but immediately we entered the AC area I became more comfortable.

The two peeps before me had been bounced, so I just package myself, tried to remain calm and collected & prayed for favour.

VO; Good morning
Me; Texas A&M University at College Station, for my Masters in Business Administration and Mgmt (MBA)
Me: Well, because its a well ranked school in the US and the class size is quite small compared to most MBA programs at top schools in the US (VO nods). I also had discussions with current students and some alumni, and they provided great feedback on the structure of the program and internship opportunities available. This internship period will be very good for me to gain some international work experience
Me; Yes
Me; I will return back to Nigeria and push for a promotion at my current place of work.... also this degree will make me more marketable as a professional for other job opportunities in the future.
VO; Where do you work
Me; I will be paying for it partially by myself and also with support from my family
Me; My Uncle
VO; What does he do
Me; I passed the statement (I had created a one page summary of my funds and their sources showing the total.... the funds were from different sources, Nigerian account, UK account, money market sef dey there)....... she scans through and gave me back

Confidence is key, and I also observed that many prepare long responses to just a short and simple question from the VO (Keep it simple) and also pray for favour too.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Kay4eva:
Hi guys,

@bold ... I love people who are organised

Congrats... God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2018
Kay4eva:
Hi guys,

VO; Good morning
Me; Yes
VO; Where do you work
Me; My Uncle
VO; What does he do

Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2018
Hi, I'm pleased to know there's a CSU applicant around here.
I'm applying against spring 2019 semester; just wanted to start things off a bit early. I'm aware application for that semester starts this month tho.

I sent more emails yesterday and they responded in no time. I may be needing your guidance as I work through this process, I wonder if you'd mind me sending you a PM.

Thank you.
doublezero7:

Hello, I applied to CSU, Los Angeles, so I think I can help out with some answers.

All CSU universities make use of the CalApply portal. However, they all have different deadlines. you shoyld have gotten a response but a reason might be that the school isn't taking in applications anymore. (They ought to have responded to your emails to explain that though).

Just keep trying to reach them by email and try calling them too.

I hope I made small sense sir.

All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2018
paulemi:
Hello guys,
I want to appreciate all the people that have been contributing on this thread and making life easier for Nigerians aspiring to study in the US. You guys are doing a great job. I wonder if anyone here can help me with answers to a few questions regarding my application process for master's in Mechanical engineering at csu Sacramento.

It is not mentioned anywhere on the school's website that one should submit a sop as part of requirements, is this an oversight or are there schools that don't require a sop for master's degree admission?

Secondly, is the accounts statement meant to be submitted during application or after one has been admitted?
I have sent emails to the graduate school coordinator of the faculty and office of international admissions, and it's running into weeks now, none of them has replied. What kind of school does that.

Please anyone with idea about csu Sacramento should help with a reply.

trust you are also checking on the cost of living in California ........Except if you have some form of free housing aka relatives in that state , the cost of living there compared to the naira and compared to other states "is not smiling oooo "

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2018
paulemi:
Hi, I'm pleased to know there's a CSU applicant around here.
I'm applying against spring 2019 semester; just wanted to start things off a bit early. I'm aware application for that semester starts this month tho.

I sent more emails yesterday and they responded in no time. I may be needing your guidance as I work through this process, I wonder if you'd mind me sending you a PM.

Thank you.

Applying early is smart. Exactly what I am doing right now. for Spring 2019, you'll be able to apply from August 1st. So use this period to gather your documents and write your standardised exams. Go through past transcripts, to learn and not copy. 100% Honesty. smiley

feel free to message me sir.

I wish you all the best. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2018
LagosismyHome:

trust you are also checking on the cost of living in California ........Except if you have some form of free housing aka relatives in that state , the cost of living there compared to the naira and compared to other states "is not smiling oooo "

You're very right ma'am. California is very expensive. except one has got family there, things wouldn't be so easy at the start.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:15am On Jun 01, 2018
doublezero7:

You're very right ma'am. California is very expensive. except one has got family there, things wouldn't be so easy at the start.

Best of luck ....... Good news await you and the rest of Nairaland family
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Best of luck ....... Good news await you and the rest of Nairaland family

Thank you for the good wishes.

God bless you. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 11:51am On Jun 01, 2018
You're right ma'am. I do have relatives in Sacramento, and that's one of the major reasons the school is my preferred school. I'm hoping that should help reduce expenses at least.

LagosismyHome, I've seen how you help people on here with your wealth of experience on USA travel issues, I could gain a lot from your knowledge. I wonder if you would mind if I sent you a PM occasionally when the need arises.
LagosismyHome:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2018
paulemi:
You're right ma'am. I do have relatives in Sacramento, and that's one of the major reasons the school is my preferred school. I'm hoping that should help reduce expenses at least.

LagosismyHome, I've seen how you help people on here with your wealth of experience on USA travel issues, I could gain a lot from your knowledge. I wonder if you would mind if I sent you a PM occasionally when the need arises.

Am her PA grin, she is a very busy person. Just tag her here and she will reply whenever she sees it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2018
Ubah1:

Am her PA grin, she is a very busy person. Just tag her here and she will reply whenever she sees it

smiley cheesy grin grin grin ......... you are so right . I am afraid of PM self . it always too much . This the best place to reach me

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TWoods(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2018
tyma21:

Please i would like to chat with you privately. I sent you a mail. Please check

You can ask your questions here. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulemi(m): 12:33pm On Jun 01, 2018
;DLol..... Badt guy. A'won dedicated PA!

You're obviously doing a nice job as her dedicated PA. We all want to learn, yeah. But it's not really everything that can be shared on here you know..... Things like helping to critique my SoP when I'm done writing for example.
Cc: LagosismyHome

Ubah1:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bawz012(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
Olalekank:

Send me a message on whatsapp at my signature. I have a link containing the SAT materials for free. There's also a SAT group where you can get all the info you need!

Also note that your OND isn't gonna fly for MSC if I'm right.
I know, i am actually applying for BSc. I just feel that including my OND might give me an edge... What do you think? Should i just use my WASSCE result?

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.