Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916611 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DestinyCHILD1: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
Good evening NLers, please I need help on behalf of my sister that was interviewed today and placed on Administrative processing, she said the VO wants to go through her statement of account.

For the record, she has 60% tuition waiver (Masters degree), a loan of $15,000, her husband and our uncle will be paying for the rest.

Her challenge is her husband's account is just around 1million but he is a staff with the consulate. Our uncle's statement is #8mn...what do you guys think her fate will be cos she is really paranoid?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2018
DestinyCHILD1:
Good evening NLers, please I need help on behalf of my sister that was interviewed today and placed on Administrative processing, she said the VO wants to go through her statement of account.

For the record, she has 60% tuition waiver (Masters degree), a loan of $15,000, her husband and our uncle will be paying for the rest.

Her challenge is her husband's account is just around 1million but he is a staff with the consulate. Our uncle's statement is #8mn...what do you guys think her fate will be cos she is really paranoid?

She just has to be patient and wait for the outcome.... nobody can predict her fate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DestinyCHILD1: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
LagosismyHome:

She just has to be patient and wait for the outcome.... nobody can predict her fate

Ok, thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AlterEnigma(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2018
whyqueu:

How much was the funds inside the account and how much is the tuition fee for the one year program

mail me your number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gewezzy1(f): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
Chidinho10:

I don't think TOEFL and IELTS carry much weight. If you're going to write an exam soon, do the GRE.
Really, what if the school doesn't ask for GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
TRUMPMAD:

Still showing no date available.

Lol.. I feel your moniker is the reason.. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thacokeboy: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
tinnymerit:
how do I get to the customer care on their page or do I need to call them?
Thanks.
can't really remember. if calling will b cool do it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TRUMPMAD: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
Walspring:

Lol.. I feel your moniker is the reason.. grin grin grin grin grin

Abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Walspring: 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
TRUMPMAD:

Abi

Hahahahahah.

It will still show, just check in the morning like 10am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2018
ImpactLife:
VISA APPROVED ON FRIDAY (JUNE 1ST) at the Lagos consulate.

I came up few days ago about the fact that I will be going for the visa interview with my wife, and asked of the best response to a question. To be sincere, all the response to the question was discouraging, except the response I got from theamericana, and I really appreciate him/her for that. I was scared because of what i heard earlier about ones inabilibility to book appointment till after 6 month if denied. I know of two people who were in the same situation as mine (last year and this year), and they got the visa with their spouse. After reading the responses to my last question, I thought of it that, if I have 99.9% chances of getting the visa because I have full funding for my phd, then the VO would rather accept both of us, than give us a rejection. I then decided that I won’t come here until I have my testimony. I must however let you know that it is just GOD and His favour. Got to the embassy by few minutes to 6 for a 6:30 appointment, and there were many people there already. Waited for few minutes before they started attending to us. Did all the screening and was our turn to be interviewed (that was about 7:40). A new VO just pooped up in window 7 and we were the second person he interviewed (He rejected the first person). Our transcript goes thus.
VO: Good morning
ME: Good morning sir.
VO: pass me your documents.
ME: Passed the documents.
VO: What are you going to do in the United States?
ME: gave a short into of myself, told him where I work, and told him I am here because I got a full phd scholarship in XYZ university (VO cuts in, and checked my I20 very well).
VO: I see (referring to the fact that I have full funding and nodded his head).
ME: Yea.
AFTER GETTING TO KNOW THAT, HE JUST RELAXED AND STARTED ASKING SIMPLE QUESTIONS.
VO: which school did you have ur bsc?
ME: XYZ University.
VO: which school did you have ur msc?
ME: XYZ University.
VO: Which area did u want to specialize in ur phd.
ME: made mention.
VO: Mention some economist in that field.
ME: Mentioned.
VO: Have you travelled to the united states before.
ME: No, I’ve not had a need to.
TURNED TO MY WIFE.
VO: Madam, do you want to follow your husband to the US?
RES: Yes.
VO: Do you have kids yet?
RES: No.
VO: Who is going to sponsor your trip.
RES: My husband.

VO CHECKED THE I20 TO CONFIRM AND TURNS TO ME.
VO: You need a proof of $5000 for your wife, do you have it there?
ME: Yes (Already trying to sight the folder I kept it, thinking he would ask)
VO: I am going to approve your visa, welcome to the United States
VO TOOK OUR PASSPORTS, PASSED THE I20 AND WHITE PAPER, AND STARTED TELLING ME ON WHERE TO PICK UP THE VISA AND THE NEED TO TAKE THE I20 ALONG WHEN TRAVELLING.

I MUST TELL YOU THE TRUTH, IT WAS GOD THAT DID THE WORK, WE PRAYED AND FASTED ERNESTLY. THE MAN BEFORE US HAS BEEN TO THE UNITED STATES BEFORE, INFACT HE DID SOME DIPLOMA STUDIES THERE, YET THE YOUNG VO STILL DENIED HIM, BUT WE WENT THERE WITH A BLANK PASSPORT, AND HE APPROVED IT.

This grace shall never pass me by. Amen

congrats and May God bless your new journey

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Niv25: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=tolatof post=68173087]Who is travelling in the first week of August?[/quote

I am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=Niv25 post=68185446][/quote]

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by yuscodguy(m): 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hisvoice:
All glory to God for everything. My appointment was scheduled for 6:30am. I got there around 6:00am and went for the documentation. I realised during the screening that my appointment form was missing but was cleared by one of the Officials after I tendered my ds160 form. Here is the main transcript:

VO: Good morning. Can i have your i-20 and passport?
Me: Hands over both documents.
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: I am going for my Phd in Biological Sc. at Northern Illinois University

Congrat bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abid4akin(m): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
[quote author=Walspring post=68185084]

Lol.. I feel your moniker is the reason.. grin grin grin grin grin[/quote

Hello Bro,

I'd love to have a personal chat with you as I'll need you to help with SEVIS payment.

I've sent a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 12:45am On Jun 05, 2018
All these XYZ people have started again
Congratulations to those that got their visas approved!
Welcome to America!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pressy4uu27: 1:02am On Jun 05, 2018
pls am 23 yrs old I finished my secondary Schl in 2010 I applied to Tennessee tech to study health care as a fresher am still waiting 4 my admission pls I wann ask wot r my chances of getting the visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 1:07am On Jun 05, 2018
I noticed of late that those who were given visas had some form of funding from the schools which is great. Congratulations to those issued of late
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 1:09am On Jun 05, 2018
pressy4uu27:
pls am 23 yrs old I finished my secondary Schl in 2010 I applied to Tennessee tech to study health care as a fresher am still waiting 4 my admission pls I wann ask wot r my chances of getting the visa
Healthcare at Tennessee tech What do you mean by health care?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 1:10am On Jun 05, 2018
pressy4uu27:
aunty one step at a time, after you have been admitted then you can now talk of your chances but please note no one here can predict or determine your chances here it's the discretion of the VO but gurus here can give an hypothetical guess. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jamoyakz: 1:11am On Jun 05, 2018
OluDare01:

Healthcare at Tennessee tech What do you mean by health care?
Asin health care education... �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by OluDare01(m): 1:23am On Jun 05, 2018
jamoyakz:
Asin health care education... �
There's no such major at Tennessee tech. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lhimeet(m): 1:59am On Jun 05, 2018
Lots of visa approved here yesterday.

Nice one
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by pressy4uu27: 2:04am On Jun 05, 2018
yes health care education
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ijeomaobi1: 3:07am On Jun 05, 2018
undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 5:31am On Jun 05, 2018
Hisvoice:
All glory to God for everything. My appointment was scheduled for 6:30am. I got there around 6:00am and went for the documentation. I realised during the screening that my appointment form was missing but was cleared by one of the Officials after I tendered my ds160 form. Here is the main transcript:

He was busy typing during the initial conversation, but changed his countenance and looked straight up.

VO: Are your family members following you?
Me: No (in ''oga calm down'' grin. I know where you dey go)

VO: Why leaving your wife behind?
Me: She's into the same Profession and she's very comfortable

Congralutions. However, are you really sure of the above? It looks like an easy choice now, but after spending some time in the US, am not sure you will feel the same way. Five years is a long time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tactmayor: 5:54am On Jun 05, 2018
Good day guys, please I am finding it hard to get schools in US apart from the top 20 that offer PhD directly from bachelors degree. On google, it brings out only the top schools and I only want to apply to 1 top ranked school, and 2 averagely ranked tier 1 schools.
I would really appreciate any info. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aronman: 6:40am On Jun 05, 2018
Hello, I studied Accounting during my first degree and am going for my masters in public administration...i worked with a church as an accountant(5yrs).pls I need assistant on how to answer some questions that relate to my masters course.. Pls don't ignore my post I really needs an advice..

How does your degree relate to public administration? Please I need a kind response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2018
I just received my I20 on mail, expecting to get the originals by DHL today, but there is an error on the I20, which had another course different from that which is on my letter of admission, but same faculty.

I asked why, the said I shouldn't worry that the error will be corrected when I arrive. Are there any implications to this? Should I insist they change it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hisvoice(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2018
Time2Smile:

Congralutions. However, are you really sure of the above? It looks like an easy choice now, but after spending some time in the US, am not sure you will feel the same way. Five years is a long time.

Thanks. Plans are bound to change anytime but for now, that is the intention.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by steve4ever: 7:43am On Jun 05, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]Anybody with GRE materials please help a brother, PLEASE DONT IGNORE MY REQUEST..!!
steve4ever1130@gmail.com.... thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.