Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913797 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please someone!! What time is it advisable to go pick up my passport ? And what documents do I need to pick it up?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Matty91(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
adedoja99:
Please someone!! What time is it advisable to go pick up my passport ? And what documents do I need to pick it up?

Thanks

Go with your white paper and any other ID.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by walepepe21: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Congratulations grin grin grin

Libber:
Visa Approved on Thursday
Got to the embassy bouncing, don't listen to those guys they are all scam, after normal screening, was on queue waiting for the VOs to resume, the black American woman was the first to open her window, the women dish out blue paper to the first person that day, and was dishing out blue paper like politicians wen sharing money during election, I was praying not to go to her queue but unfortunately I was sent to her queue, all the people she interview before me it was one person she gave white paper, I was already shaking and tensed

VO: Good morning

Me: Good morning maam (smiling like rat)

VO: What will the masters do for you

Me: Am currently working in one of the largest financial institution in Nigeria, getting an MSC will equip( she cut me short)

Vo: You are looking tensed and sound like a reharsed speech,calm down,take ur time, then she ask again why masters degree

Me: Am currently working with FBN, and our performance and qualification is reviewed every 6 months getting this degree will give me an edge during promotion

VO: why this school

Me: Apart from the fact that I was offer an assistantship, the department (she cut me short again)

Vo: Do you have a research interest

Me: Yes, Applied Analysis and scientific Computation

Vo: What is it all about

Me: Is a process whereby we use mathematical softwares like MATLAB and matimatica to develop software and algorithm to tackle biomedical problem

Vo: How does ur research tally with your present job, how will it help you on your job

Me: Am currently working in the e-business department in the bank, and my research is related to using technology to solve problems which also align with my job

VO: I see you got an assistantship,how did you get it

Me: I believe the admission committee were impressed with my well articulated SOP, GRE, CGPA and an interview with the department cord Dr ....

VO: Can I see ur GRE result printout

Me: I gave it to her ( she went tru it like someone searching for something)

VO: I will be approving .......

Thanks to sirRiddy, Ponpon, Chidindo, Ojah, Walspring and a lot of people I don't know their moniker.Nairaland has really help my life,
CGPA (3.22/5), (WES 3.02/4), GRE below 300 ( very embarrassing,but my job didn't allow me read)

TOEFL - 84 ( didn't use it)

Masters in Mathematics-
Schools applied to
Etsu- Admitted (Got 50% scholarship, the dept cord said I should rewrite for an assistantship)

Tennessee tech uni- Admitted ( TA is filled, but got a mail to notify me of an RA in July)

Mtsu- Rejected
Uni of Idaho- Rejected
Georgia southern uni- Accepted with GTA, full tuition waiver and stipend

Youngstown state uni- Accepted but because of cgpa, they said I need to fund myself for the fall, then a GA in spring if I perform well in fall

Eastern Kentucky uni- Based on my rappor with the dept cord she is always mailing me to apply that she will offer me GA, but I didn't complete the application.

Advice
Don't feel discourage because you don't have a ground breaking profile, this year I saw people with a 2.2 below 3.0 with a GRE below 310 getting full funding , a cgpa of 2.58 got full funding, mail profs, do ur research well,the sky will always be our starting point.

Thank you Nairaland

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by haywhizzy21(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
Jumybecks:
I thought I would post this 12 days ago but as God would have it, I could not until now. I have been on 'Administrative Processing' from the day I had my interview (May 30) until today that my visa was finally issued. I interviewed at Abuja and the interview goes thus:

Me: Good morning and how has been work?
VO: Fine thanks.
VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I passed them
* the VO looked at my I-20 for like 30 secs
VO: So you are going to the University of Arkansas
Me: Yes, for my PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology
VO: Nods, so tell me about the program at Uni of Arkansas
Me: The program is for five years and I will be required to take 42 credits hour in total, 18 for dissertation research and 24 for coursework. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained every semester * (VO cuts in)
VO: how old are you?
Me: 2_ years old
VO: Are you married?
Me: No I am not
VO: Any kid?
Me: No ma
VO: Do you have any postgraduate degree
Me: No
VO: So you are going straight from BSc to PhD
Me: Exactly
VO: When did you finish your BSc
Me: I graduated in 2015 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a first class degree in** she cuts in (I was trying to sell myself here to provide 'reasons' for the BS to PhD route)
VO: Really?
Me: Yes really
VO: Do you have anything to support that claim?
Me: Yes, I passed both my transcript and certificate.
** she looked at my transcript (a student copy but stamped by the registrar) placed on top my certificate. I think the transcript looked somehow to her (If I had known, I would have placed the certificate on top or better still just BSc certificate)
VO: Okay, so what have you been doing?
Me: I have been working as a research assistant at Obafemi Awolowo University * she cuts in
VO: Alright, I will hold on to your passport, I-20 and your certificates. I will verify your certificates and we will get back to you.
Me: I was then waiting for white paper but she did not pass any. I then asked, 'ma, how about my white paper'. She looked at me with a big grin (looked sarcastic though). I then smiled and zoomed off before she changes the story.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this platform. Even though I hardly comment, I visit often to learn from folks with wealth of knowledge.

Well deserved ...congrats and best of luck.. Iyanumashele#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
Jumybecks:
Yes fully funded. Got 307 in GRE
Thanks

congrat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lasthero: 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
your f1 interview.
Olufemiopa:
Good afternoon All,

I was denied F1 visa in November and December 2017 respectively. I deferred my admission to August 2018 with the same university and course. I am preparing for another F1 visa interview June 29th, 2018.

Please, I need your critical assessments of my transcript below for my upcoming interview

Me: Good Morning
VO: Good Morning, Pass me your passport and i-20
ME: Here they are
VO: What are you going to do in the US
Me: I am going to study Master in Organizational Leadership at Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 2
VO: Mention them
Me: Lewis University Romeoville and National Louis University Chicago
VO: How many admitted you?
Me: One, Lewis University while decision is still pending at the other two universities
VO: Why Lewis University?
Me: I researched and found out that Lewis University has maintained quality education for over 80 years and is rooted in Organizational Leadership with concentration of Organizational Leadership; their tuition is quite affordable; they have small classes for students to learn fast; the environment has a low crime rate; and they have high acceptance of international students.
VO: How did you get to know about the school?
ME: Upon my decision to be pursue master in leadership in a US University, I did an intensive internet search on educational websites such as USnews, Gradschools, I came across Lewis University. I narrowed my search to Organizational Leadership where I contacted International Admissions Director Tyler King, told him my intention and he guided me all through the application and acceptance processes.
VO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Master in Managerial Psychology
VO: Which year?
Me: 2012
VO: What is your study plan?
ME: I am expected to earn 36 credit hours within 24months. I would take 24 core course and 12 elective courses. Some of the courses include: assessing leadership skills; psychology of motivation; leadership change; leadership and the future; ethics, integrity and social responsibility; conflict management; leadership theories, practice and context; workplace research; building team; planning strategically, finance as organizational text;
VO: What would this master do for you?
Me: It would retrain and equip me with the current and world class leadership practice which would address the leadership laxities in my leadership style; It would also prepare me for a leadership position in my professional association which I am preparing to contest for in few years.
VO: Where do you plan to stay in the US?
ME: Dorothy Day Hall, Lewis University main campus, One University Parkway, Romeoville, Illinois
VO: Did you take any standard test?
ME: No, Lewis University did not request for it
VO: Who is funding your study?
ME: I am personally funding my study
VO: What are you doing?
ME: I am into distribution of petroleum products in the downstream sector of Oil and Gas. I have a filling station and two trucks for distribution of products to my station and customers
Me: Yes, I am married
VO: How many children do you have?
ME: 3
VO: What is your wife doing?
ME: She is into broadcast marketing with Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria
VO: Can I see your bank statement?
ME: Yes, here (2 different personal bank statements)
VO: Looked thoroughly at the statements and said your visa is approved

I await your assessment of my transcript.

Thanks and God bless.

The first transcript:

ME: Good morning
VO: Oh sorry! I didn’t know you are applying for F1, can I have your form i-20 and passport?
ME: I passed them to her
VO: Have you applied on B1/B2 before?
ME: Yes
VO: You are going to study Master in Organizational Leadership in Lewis University?
VO: What is your highest qualification?
ME: Master in Managerial Psychology
VO: Which year?
ME: 2012
VO: What is Organizational Leadership going to do for you?
ME: It would equip me with world class best practice in Organizational Leadership….. I stopped
VO: Can you be more specific?
ME: I repeated same thing…. I was blank here

VO: You are married and have 3 children?
VO: What is your wife doing?
ME: She is into broadcast marketing with Radio Nigeria
VO: You are self-employed, (I replied yes) for how long (I replied 14 years)
VO: What are you into?
ME: Distribution of petroleum products in the downstream sector of Oil and Gas
VO: Do you have any relatives in the US?
ME: No
VO: Do you have friends?
ME: Yes, I have friends
VO: Where do you have them?
ME: I mentioned Maryland, New York but, I didn’t mention Lynwood where I have a another friend
VO: She started typing and few seconds after, she said sorry, you aren’t eligible for F1 this time….

The second transcript

Me: Good morning
VO: Pass your form I-20 and passport
ME: I did
VO: You were interviewed like 2 weeks ago
VO: What changed about your circumstances?
ME: I felt I didn’t include where I was going to stay in the US and that I still have more time to before my programme start date
VO: How did you know about the school?
ME: I did a personal intensive search for master in organizational leadership on USnews, Gradschool, where I came across Lewis University, narrowed down my research and contacted Tyler King International Admissions Director who put me through the admission process and I was accepted into the programme
VO: What is the programme going to do for you?
ME: It would retrain and equip me with world class leadership practice on management of employees. I would also expose me some core leadership courses such as (I mentioned the courses)…
VO: He was looking at me, nodding his head and started typing….. The next thing he said was am sorry my colleague said you aren’t qualify..
ME: Thank you… I took my time to arrange my documents before him and I said have a great day…
VO: And you too….

Olufemiopa:

I can't remember vividly the two b1/b2 denials transcripts but, I would try:

First B1 transcript

VO: What are you going to do in the US?
ME: I was invited to attend a friend's birthday party
VO: Is your friend an Alien or citizen?
Me: I said he is an Alien (now a citizen)
VO: How long do you want to stay in the US?
ME: 2 weeks
VO: Who is going to sponsor your trip?
ME: My friend (My friend sent all the relevant documents to me them including invitation letter)

ME: I am into supply of petroleum products
VO: Do you have a filling station or trucks you do your business with?
ME: No but, I hire trucks to do my business

VO: How many children do you have?
VO: Sorry.......

Second B1/B2 transcript

This time, I stated that I was going to sponsor my trip

VO: Where are you going to do in the US?
ME: I am going on vacation in Chicago
VO: How long would you stay?
ME: 2 weeks
VO: Where would you stay in the US?
ME: I would stay in an hotel, I have my hotel reservation
ME: I am into supply of petroleum products
VO: Do you have a gas station or truck?
ME: No

VO: How many children to you have?
VO: Sorry, you aren't qualify for the visa this time...

I await your further advice

at the bolded, i can see too many inconsistency.

at first, a friend was sponsoring you, then in the next stage, you were sponsoring yourself.

also, at first, you hire trucks and you don't own a filling station.
then next, you own a filling station and trucks.

i think the VO checked your previous records when asking all those bold questions.

also, your response where i bolded was also short and none convincing

my thought though. i might be wrong

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Hushee(m): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
santricedupas:
hello house, I have a 2.2 in agric extension and rural sociology from university of ibadan 2014, I have been searching for schools in usa that offer agric courses but still can't find a school that offer it. I need ur assistaance

Alcorn State University
Stephen F Austin state university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
Damakboy:
How To Answer VO If I'm Been Asked What Have I Been Doing Since 2014 I Finish Secondary education

I need your input � "@ Lagosismyhome, theamerican, Femi312, Sorelee, Chidinho10, Folmus, imperiouxx, Bigfrancis, Twoods, EZEIGBO1OFIMO, Walsping, Ubah1, Oludare01, Time2Smile, mackynaija, ponpon, rexcheng, quoran, learner007, happyday and other gurus here

Tell the VO the truth sir. Nothing but the truth please.

All the best! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aywhy93(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
adedoja99:

Well, tbh it was an easy decision for me cause I did apply to other top schools. First, I prefer attending a liberal art college and yes I applied to other competitive liberal arts colleges (Pomona college, Davidson college, Macalester college, Carleton college) but the painful part is I did not get in cause these schools meet 100% of every admitted students financial need. Probably they couldn't meet my need and that's why I didn't get in. For others I got into( elon university, saint Louis university, Louisiana state university and mcneese state university) I got little funding. Imagine elon university gave me $3k per academic year while Morehouse gave me $40k grin. I'm just another Nigerian na grin grin grin wink

Congratulations Bro... $40k is a huge one, the VO no lie ooh. grin
BTW, Can I PM you? I want to confirm something from you. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abimbolar: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2018
tolatof:

How much is the fare? What about the policy concerning "Egypt air not selling one way tickets"

What website did you book?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LearnAndObey: 6:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
DogCynophile:

Yeah, M.A Economics
Lovely!
Can we rub mind?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abimbolar: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
arilewo:

August 1

Hi, how much is the flight ticket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please house na beg i dey beg

dan5loriel:
Please house, here is my proposed transcript, I would like you all to help out with corrections. i really need to be ready for my interview, please and please i need help on this.God bless you all as you do so.

VO: So why are you going to the US?

I am going for my masters in industrial engineering at the university of New haven, West Haven, Connecticut.

3 others, Portland state university, university of Dayton Ohio, Rochester Institute of Technology Newyork

VO: Why University of New Haven?

Me:
I chosed university of New Haven because of its dynamic and flexible industrial engineering program and i am also particularly interested in the research area of prof M Ali Montazer he has a research work on "simulation modeling of production systems and business operations" off which i am fascinated about. Moreso the University’s Career Development Center which has been named one of the best in the us by the Princeton Review enables students to learn how to effectively manage and develop their careers and i wish to benefit Immensely from it. Lastly i got 50% scholarship award to attend the school.

How did you get to know about the school?

Me: A church member who is an alumnus of the school recommended the school and i looked it up online to read more on the school curriculum and Standard.

Vo: What are your study plans? What will this program do for you?

Me: I would be taking 30 course units for a duration of 24months, with core courses such as Introduction to operations research, quality analysis, manufacturing analysis, Engineering Economic, Design stimulation, design and experiment and so on.

Industrial Engineering appeals to anything with areas for improvement.Employment opportunities are limitless, so therefore With the Acquired skills and knowledge gotten from my program it will open opportunities for a managerial work position here in Nigeria especially the manufacturing industries such as Innoson Motors, Unilever,PZ Cussons and Dangote cement and many others. These industries give preference to Industrial Engineers because of their wide range of capabilities in the work place.

VO: What are your plans at the end of your program?

Me: I'll be coming back to use the acquired knowledge and practical skills to assist in tackling the numerous challenges facing most industries in Nigeria most especially the manufacturing industry, According to the Nigeria vision 2020 the manufacturing sector provides the greatest opportunity to transform the Nigeria economy and Nigeria being the biggest market place in Africa with over 170 million populations ought to be a strong market for the manufacturing sector and i hope to be a major contributor to this cause.

please I'd appreciate everyone's contribution. God bless you all.

CC
Lagosismyhome
theamericanwoman
folmos
EZEIGBO1OFIMO
femi312
twoods
...... and other gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
abimbolar:

Hi, how much is the flight ticket.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks. I appreciate it
brightdocare:

congrat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks.... smile #iyanumashele# dandan
haywhizzy21:

Well deserved ...congrats and best of luck.. Iyanumashele#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
Matty91:

Congratulations people
Thank you
tactmayor:

Wow, congrats. Sorry I did not ask of this before. Dod you take the TOEFL??...Went to check the website but they did not particularly state the countries that will be exempted.
Well, I took TOEFL as well
Quoran:
Congrats man. I remember you from the GRE thread.
Yes o brother! Thank you. I dey follow you back to back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please I only applied to 1 school. I hope this will not affect me negatively during my visa interview. Any ideas?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
dan5loriel:
Please house, here is my proposed transcript, I would like you all to help out with corrections. i really need to be ready for my interview, please and please i need help on this.God bless you all as you do so.

VO: So why are you going to the US?

I am going for my masters in industrial engineering at the university of New haven, West Haven, Connecticut.

great Choice; the school has $250 million+ in endowment, and industrial engineering sounds nice

3 others, Portland state university, university of Dayton Ohio, Rochester Institute of Technology Newyork
you may want to add the number of admits and rejects quickly, so the conversation can forge ahead. cheesy

VO: Why University of New Haven?

Me:
I chosed university of New Haven because of its dynamic and flexible industrial engineering program and i am also particularly interested in the research area of prof M Ali Montazer he has a research work on "simulation modeling of production systems and business operations" off which i am fascinated about. Moreso the University’s Career Development Center which has been named one of the best in the nation by the Princeton Review enables students to learn how to effectively manage and develop their careers and i wish to benefit Immensely from it. Lastly i got 50% scholarship award to attend the school.
Forget about your fascinations, even admission officers don't want it read about your childhood fantasies in your SOP; also leave out the Princeton review ranking ( these vague rankings only serve to massage the University administrations ego grin). while the dynamic nature and flexibility of the program is a good sell, you can tie the department's area of research and their strides in the industry. E.g ".. the modularisation of industrial projects, which has led to faster time to market ratio, has it's root at the university, so I'm fully assured that I'll be under the tutelage of the foremost industry pioneers... " or ".. Professor Ali, who I would be on his team, has his research area leading the frontiers of process engineering, giving me the best of industry and the academia" etc.. grin grin just think of yourself as a marketer trying to sell the school to the president maybe grin grin

How did you get to know about the school?

Me: A church member who is an alumnus of the school recommended the school and i looked it up online to read more on the school curriculum and Standard.
Capital NO NO NO. The STEM field is to precious for you to rely on what's church member told you. Is the church member an engineer or academic?, then it would be better you state this persons profession instead. e.g "..Dr. jagbajantis, my long time mentor and chemical engineer is an alumnus of the school, suggested it amongst some others"

Vo: What are your study plans? What will this program do for you?

Me: I would be taking 30 course units for a duration of 24months, with core courses such as Introduction to operations research, quality analysis, manufacturing analysis, Engineering Economic, Design stimulation, design and experiment and so on.

Industrial Engineering appeals to anything with areas for improvement.Employment opportunities are limitless, so therefore With the Acquired skills and knowledge gotten from my program it will open opportunities for a managerial work position here in Nigeria especially the manufacturing industries such as Innoson Motors, Unilever,PZ Cussons and Dangote cement and many others. These industries give preference to Industrial Engineers because of their wide range of capabilities in the work place.
just summarise the bolded In a single sentence, nobody is interested in your inspiring speech grin grin

VO: What are your plans at the end of your program?

Me: I'll be coming back to use the acquired knowledge and practical skills to assist in tackling the numerous challenges facing most industries in Nigeria most especially the manufacturing industry, According to the Nigeria vision 2020 the manufacturing sector provides the greatest opportunity to transform the Nigeria economy and Nigeria being the biggest market place in Africa with over 170 million populations ought to be a strong market for the manufacturing sector and i hope to be a major contributor to this cause.
again, keep it short and simple. a straightforward sentence like. ".. a combination of optimization, risk management, and process engineering, is sure to put me at a good place, in the slowly but improving manufacturing sector here at home"

Overall, the transcripts sounds nice; but I'm not a VO, so what I say doesn't really matter, what matters is you being calm, and thinking quickly, instead of going to read out some crammed stuff grin grin... Good Luck!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Udohubong85: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please house I need your corrections
Here is my proposed transcript for my interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by adedoja99: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Positivity101:
Please I only applied to 1 school. I hope this will not affect me negatively during my visa interview. Any ideas?

If you applied to just a school and you probably did not sit for any test, it might affect
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Udohubong85: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
K

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by dan5loriel: 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thank you very much sir , you made a lot of sense sir, everything you said has been noted I will be making adequate corrections... it's not just easy for someone like me to prove a point without talking too much lol, but Honestly sir you did and that is why you are a guru.. more grace to you sir

EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

great Choice; the school has $250 million+ in endowment, and industrial engineering sounds nice

you may want to add the number of admits and rejects quickly, so the conversation can forge ahead. cheesy

Forget about your fascinations, even admission officers don't want it read about your childhood fantasies in your SOP; also leave out the Princeton review ranking ( these vague rankings only serve to massage the University administrations ego grin). while the dynamic nature and flexibility of the program is a good sell, you can tie the department's area of research and their strides in the industry. E.g ".. the modularisation of industrial projects, which has led to faster time to market ratio, has it's root at the university, so I'm fully assured that I'll be under the tutelage of the foremost industry pioneers... " or ".. Professor Ali, who I would be on his team, has his research area leading the frontiers of process engineering, giving me the best of industry and the academia" etc.. grin grin just think of yourself as a marketer trying to sell the school to the president maybe grin grin

Capital NO NO NO. The STEM field is to precious for you to rely on what's church member told you. Is the church member an engineer or academic?, then it would be better you state this persons profession instead. e.g "..Dr. jagbajantis, my long time mentor and chemical engineer is an alumnus of the school, suggested it amongst some others"

just summarise the bolded In a single sentence, nobody is interested in your inspiring speech grin grin

again, keep it short and simple. a straightforward sentence like. ".. a combination of optimization, risk management, and process engineering, is sure to put me at a good place, in the slowly but improving manufacturing sector here at home"

Overall, the transcripts sounds nice; but I'm not a VO, so what I say doesn't really matter, what matters is you being calm, and thinking quickly, instead of going to read out some crammed stuff grin grin... Good Luck!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ODAVI(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello please can i said you a PM..

I need to ask some questions please.

walepepe21:
Congratulations grin grin grin

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
Please I need help from people that have experience this before. I went for my F1 Visa interview today at Abuja Consulate. Everything went well, but I was placed on Administrative processing, the VO said he has to check to verify my bank statement. My questions are:

1. How long will this process take?
2. The ending balance on the account as at 30th may is 8M. But as at today is 99k (is a current account) will he check the balance or is just the authenticity they are checking for?
3. In what means are they going to reach me after checking?

Please help a brother. He kept my passport, I-20 and my bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
nosagiez:
Please I need help from people that have experience this before. I went for my F1 Visa interview today at Abuja Consulate. Everything went well, but I was placed on Administrative processing, the VO said he has to check to verify my bank statement. My questions are:

2. The ending balance on the account as at 30th may is 8M. But as at today is 99k (is a current account) will he check the balance or is just the authenticity they are checking for?

Red Flag Aye!!! grin grin grin. This may turn out to be a classic textbook titiled "what not to do for an F1 Visa"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=68391014]

Please how long did you stay on administrative processing? My bank statement want to be verified. I don't know how long it will take and also the balance as at when I printed the account statement is different from the balance as at the date of my interview. Do they really check for balance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by reDazey(f): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
nosagiez:

Big mistake. That money should have remained there. The VOs are not stupid.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Red Flag Aye!!! grin grin grin. This may turn out to be a classic textbook titiled "what not to do for an F1 Visa"
. Is a BIG lie. They only check if the account is authentic. They don't check for balance outside the one stated on the statement. The reason for my question is that I want to know how soon I will collect my Visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
reDazey:

Big mistake. That money should have remained there. The VOs are not stupid.
is a current account, a company account not a savings account, you don't expect money to be there dormant on a current account that receive 12M every month.

Please I need people that have been on administrative processing to tell me how long they stayed before the collected there Visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 4gunners(m): 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
I also finished from OAU, Is that Sir Monday set? Pls I'll PM you
Jumybecks:
I thought I would post this 12 days ago but as God would have it, I could not until now. I have been on 'Administrative Processing' from the day I had my interview (May 30) until today that my visa was finally issued. I interviewed at Abuja and the interview goes thus:

Me: Good morning and how has been work?
VO: Fine thanks.
VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I passed them
* the VO looked at my I-20 for like 30 secs
VO: So you are going to the University of Arkansas
Me: Yes, for my PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology
VO: Nods, so tell me about the program at Uni of Arkansas
Me: The program is for five years and I will be required to take 42 credits hour in total, 18 for dissertation research and 24 for coursework. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained every semester * (VO cuts in)
VO: how old are you?
Me: 2_ years old
Me: No I am not
VO: Any kid?
Me: No ma
VO: Do you have any postgraduate degree
Me: No
VO: So you are going straight from BSc to PhD
Me: Exactly
VO: When did you finish your BSc
Me: I graduated in 2015 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a first class degree in** she cuts in (I was trying to sell myself here to provide 'reasons' for the BS to PhD route)
VO: Really?
Me: Yes really
VO: Do you have anything to support that claim?
Me: Yes, I passed both my transcript and certificate.
** she looked at my transcript (a student copy but stamped by the registrar) placed on top my certificate. I think the transcript looked somehow to her (If I had known, I would have placed the certificate on top or better still just BSc certificate)
VO: Okay, so what have you been doing?
Me: I have been working as a research assistant at Obafemi Awolowo University * she cuts in
VO: Alright, I will hold on to your passport, I-20 and your certificates. I will verify your certificates and we will get back to you.
Me: I was then waiting for white paper but she did not pass any. I then asked, 'ma, how about my white paper'. She looked at me with a big grin (looked sarcastic though). I then smiled and zoomed off before she changes the story.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this platform. Even though I hardly comment, I visit often to learn from folks with wealth of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by theamerican(f): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
dilodavid:
Hey, theamerican and imperiouxx. You guys are great minds and you guys have been here over the years. Yes, it's one thing to fall out which is quite understandable, you guys need to stop this and let's move on, thank you.

Just seeing this. It's nothing. Different opinions don't mean people are fighting or can't stand each other. We've both moved on. It's a free forum where anybody is free to say anything as long as the forum rules aren't broken. smiley

I call out dumb logic and close-mindedness. In the end, everybody is ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.