Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913534 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmanbaba: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hi Gurus!

Please what is currently the cheapest way to get I-20? eship global is a bit on the high side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Raycupid: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
I don't know if this has been resolved but please don't pay anything,happened to me,I think I was first asked to upload my passport data page,then I started calling the embassy lines and it was resolved within 48 hours
mayd16:
Good day Nlanders, i was scheduling an appointment for my visa interview and this message popped out, this is due to the agent that once applied for a visiting visa that got bounced now i called him to ask for the previous login detail he said i have to pay 10k consultaion fee reason due to the fact i lost the details he gave me last year when i tried it.

Please what can i do, i am feeling i should click submit since the message says *personal data* and my personal data is the same as what is on my passport.

Please help i wanna finish this thing today cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MyAmericandream(f): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Walspring:

It's bouncing back and showing me delivery failure
ok, send me a mail to cynbabe404@yahoo.com, coz I have even tried sending you a mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olufemiopa: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
walepepe21:
grin grin

Is that all you can offer? Thanks still

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by philipinho: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
Stella91:
@philipinho congrats on your approval , i remember you

Thanks... Congratulations in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olufemiopa: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Why don't you apply for phd instead of going for masters when you have a masters and been previously denied two b1b2

Thanks. My master degree result was low hence, I thought going for another master would enable me earn more credits to apply for Phd...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Macaulay10(m): 11:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
Macaulay10:
For those that have done Wes evaluation
I checked WES website, documents needed to be sent with the transcripts is the Certificate, In my school certificate won't be ready until after convocation......... Can statement of results stand for Certificate? Or what can be done?
pls help is needed here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jerrevie: 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
Walspring:

It's bouncing back and showing me delivery failure
please I just sent you a pm. I need help editing my transcript for my F1 visa interview. If you would be kind enough.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzjokky16: 12:37am On Jun 12, 2018
Please who is applying to northeastern university in USA here for spring 2018, let's help one another, I'm scared I can't do the whole processing alone. and that's the only school I'm applying to in the US, I hope this won't affect anything during my interview at d port.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 2:34am On Jun 12, 2018
mzjokky16:
Please who is applying to northeastern university in USA here for spring 2018, let's help one another, I'm scared I can't do the whole processing alone. and that's the only school I'm applying to in the US, I hope this won't affect anything during my interview at d port.
First, why are you scared? It is not a hercullean task or is it? People apply to as many as 6 schools and they are still alive. Secondly, applying to just one school does not speak well about your ambitions or dreams. Additionally, you can have 340 in GRE + a good gpa and still not get in. Yes its good to take risk because life itself is risk but this kind of risk is unwise. Apply to at least 3 schools spreading across top and decent schools. You will most likely be writing the same SOP (but changing the paragraph about school and research interest). So where is the stress? The same energy you will use in chasing LOR for one school is the same for 2 or more schools. You can also save cost by applying to school that accept unofficial transcript because to me that is the hardest part of applications and there are a ton of them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 2:54am On Jun 12, 2018
mayd16:

Please help

Do you have the email to the account? And can you accesss the mail? If yes, click on forget password, a password reset link will be sent to the registered email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 2:59am On Jun 12, 2018
KtEmma:
Please, do banks still sell dollars for travel purposes? If not how can I get some dollars? Thanks in anticipation.

Burue De change (abokis) and you can also buy dollar at the airport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:10am On Jun 12, 2018
hankMacoy:

Goodness me!
I'll rather think about the one week part than the months part...
Hold someone's passport for months for account checks?
That's scary a bit. Really doesnt sound very kind. Even a week is already huge wait.
If your bank statement is confirmed real, you’ll have your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:19am On Jun 12, 2018
Udohubong85:
Please I will be having my first interview next month and this is my transcript
I intend to answer this question

Vo: tell me about the program
Me:Tell me about the program.
The program requires me to complete a minimum of 38 - 40 credit. Within 24 months also, The program consists of five required core courses: Environmental Law and Legislation, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Geoscience with Laboratory, Ecological Applications in Environmental Science with Laboratory and Research Project  plus additional courses, 02 - Environmental Effects of PollutantsENVS 6607 - Environmental Reports and Impact AssessmentENVS 6610 - Environmental HealthENVS 6ENVS 6615 - ToxicologyENVS 6616 - Human Health and Environmental Risk Assessment which requires 21-23 credit units .
You answered just one question, what happens to the rest usual questions?

Please house I need your corrections
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:25am On Jun 12, 2018
Emmanbaba:
Hi Gurus!

Please what is currently the cheapest way to get I-20? eship global is a bit on the high side.
I think only eshipglobal is permitted to pick i20 from the school. If your school accept external pickup, then it can be sent with less than $10 with USPS, with no tracking number and 10 to 15 days delivery
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 3:26am On Jun 12, 2018
mzjokky16:
Spring 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 6:57am On Jun 12, 2018
I have been a silent follower of this amazing thread and I really learnt a lot from you guys.

My visa interview actually held on 4th June (6:45am) at the Lagos consulate, my application was on AP afterwards and the feeling has not been nice at all embarassed…but I thank God it came out successful as my online status changed to ISSUED yesterday.

I thank those that contributed to this huge success, for the mock interviews and words of encouragement. Special thanks to my hubby for introducing me to NL (He is also an active member) and for his immense support, u r my real G!

I was interviewed by a white Lady (Window 6), her questions were quite brief and I was actually relaxed chatting with her until she came up with the AP stuff at the end of the interview. sad

ME: Good morning Ma'am

VO: replied…your passport please, and then your i20. Typing seriously!

ME: I forwarded them to her, dropped my envelope and leaned towards her.

VO: where are you going to in the US?

ME: I’m going to Clark University Worcester Massachusetts to study…. (VO cuts in)

VO: Ok….what are you going there to do?

ME: I’m going to study International Public Health for a period of 2 years.

VO: What's your undergraduate degree and when did you earn it?

ME: I earned my Bachelors degree in MICROBIOLOGY from the Federal University of Technology OWERRI in 2012 where I emerged as the….(she cuts in again). But I hurriedly finished the sentence, I emerged as the best graduating student in my department.

VO: What have you been doing since then?

ME: I went for my mandatory NYSC at National Defense College Clinic where I served as a Laboratory intern, after which I worked with Bleep NGO (a mental health NGO) as an Assistant program officer also in Abuja. I currently work with Bleep Primary Healthcare centre as a Public health assistant and my job descriptions entails…(she cuts in again).

VO: Tell me about your funding.

ME: I was offered a 60% tuition waiver which is equivalent to $20,466 per year.

VO: How did you get that?

ME: I wrote an essay on a global health issue that I feel passionate about working to resolve, then in addition to my outstanding undergraduate qualification.

VO: OK…how many kids do you have?

ME: Ma'am…please kindly repeat the question because I didn’t hear her well and she repeated it.

ME: None

VO: subtly asked…so why do you want to leave your husband and travel? (Guess she saw my bold wedding band because she never asked if I was married or not).

ME: My husband works with Bleep and he can’t possibly resign his job since he will be supporting me over there. However, he can visit whenever he is on leave.

VO: Who will be paying for the remaining expenses?

ME: In addition to the 60% tuition waiver awarded to me, my husband and my uncle will take care of the rest expenses. I also secured $15,000 loan for additional support.

VO: where did you get the loan?

ME: I got the loan from Mpower financing company in USA, after due application and meeting with their terms and conditions.

VO: What’s the payment plan for this loan?

ME: My husband's salary account will be subscribed for monthly deduction.

VO: Do you have an idea how much he will be paying monthly?

ME: approximately $160 per month ( that’s the breakdown from the loan company shaa)

VO: What does your uncle do?
ME: He is an Engineer Manager with Bleep Multinational company.

VO: How much is your uncle supporting you with?

ME: #8million

VO: Do you have any statement of account to support this claim?

ME: Yes Ma'am. I passed the two SOA to her and explained to her the one that belongs to my uncle and husband respectively. She indicated it on the SOA to avoid mix up.

VO: I will like to go through this SOA, I will keep your passport and place your application on what we call Administrative processing. You will hear from us in two weeks time max. She brought out the white paper and asterisks AP and circled one email address to send a mail to incase I didn’t hear from them after 2 weeks. She gave me my i20 and asked if I have any question with smiles…

ME: No questions Ma'am (already having mixed feelings and don’t want to betray my emotions). I thanked her and left.

My excitement was out of this world when I tracked my status and saw ISSUED yesterday. I am really grateful to God cos the thought of starting all over again is killing. shocked This AP be like person wey go market to buy things but came back with neither the money or things he went to buy. undecided
I thank you all.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ajokeomopupa: 7:12am On Jun 12, 2018
Hello goodmorning,, please what is the next thing to do if one's interview date falls on a public holiday.. inter Scheduled for monday and the muslim holiday also is fridy and monday.thankz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by reDazey(f): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2018
Jumybecks:
I thought I would post this 12 days ago but as God would have it, I could not until now. I have been on 'Administrative Processing' from the day I had my interview (May 30) until today that my visa was finally issued. I interviewed at Abuja and the interview goes thus:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning and how has been work?
VO: Fine thanks.
VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I passed them
* the VO looked at my I-20 for like 30 secs
VO: So you are going to the University of Arkansas
Me: Yes, for my PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology
VO: Nods, so tell me about the program at Uni of Arkansas
Me: The program is for five years and I will be required to take 42 credits hour in total, 18 for dissertation research and 24 for coursework. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained every semester * (VO cuts in)
VO: how old are you?
Me: 2_ years old
VO: Are you married?
Me: No I am not
VO: Any kid?
Me: No ma
VO: Do you have any postgraduate degree
Me: No
VO: So you are going straight from BSc to PhD
Me: Exactly
VO: When did you finish your BSc
Me: I graduated in 2015 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a first class degree in** she cuts in (I was trying to sell myself here to provide 'reasons' for the BS to PhD route)
VO: Really?
Me: Yes really
VO: Do you have anything to support that claim?
Me: Yes, I passed both my transcript and certificate.
** she looked at my transcript (a student copy but stamped by the registrar) placed on top my certificate. I think the transcript looked somehow to her (If I had known, I would have placed the certificate on top or better still just BSc certificate)
VO: Okay, so what have you been doing?
Me: I have been working as a research assistant at Obafemi Awolowo University * she cuts in
VO: Alright, I will hold on to your passport, I-20 and your certificates. I will verify your certificates and we will get back to you.
Me: I was then waiting for white paper but she did not pass any. I then asked, 'ma, how about my white paper'. She looked at me with a big grin (looked sarcastic though). I then smiled and zoomed off before she changes the story.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this platform. Even though I hardly comment, I visit often to learn from folks with wealth of knowledge.
Congratulations Jumybecks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by align360: 7:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by align360: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2018
blessedmumi:
I have been a silent follower of this amazing thread and I really learnt a lot from you guys.

My visa interview actually held on 4th June (6:45am) at the Lagos consulate, my application was on AP afterwards and the feeling has not been nice at all embarassed…but I thank God it came out successful as my online status changed to ISSUED yesterday.

I thank those that contributed to this huge success, for the mock interviews and words of encouragement. Special thanks to my hubby for introducing me to NL (He is also an active member) and for his immense support, u r my real G!

I was interviewed by a white Lady (Window 6), her questions were quite brief and I was actually relaxed chatting with her until she came up with the AP stuff at the end of the interview. sad

ME: I’m going to Clark University Worcester Massachusetts to study…. (VO cuts in)

My excitement was out of this world when I tracked my status and saw ISSUED yesterday. I am really grateful to God cos the thought of starting all over again is killing. shocked This AP be like person wey go market to buy things but came back with neither the money or things he went to buy. undecided
I thank you all.

congrats dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by elkiddo: 7:44am On Jun 12, 2018
ghs007:

What did he score on the SAT?

He had 1250
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Stella91: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2018
@blessesmumi thanks a lot, this reply really calmed me , i will hope for the best . congrats smiley , i tap into your blessing

blessedmumi:

Trust me u will be fine as long as the SOA is genuine...I was exactly in this position a week ago but my status changed to issued today (exactly one week after my visa interview). Transcript loading.... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by KtEmma: 8:12am On Jun 12, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Burue De change (abokis) and you can also buy dollar at the airport
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by hotboss: 8:20am On Jun 12, 2018
Hello house. Please is there anyone here who applied to or is studying at the University of Idaho?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by blessedmumi(f): 9:01am On Jun 12, 2018
Stella91:
@blessesmumi thanks a lot, this reply really calmed me , i will hope for the best . congrats smiley , i tap into your blessing

You are welcome sis...don't worry u will surely testify.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Patrick2go: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2018
Jumybecks:
I thought I would post this 12 days ago but as God would have it, I could not until now. I have been on 'Administrative Processing' from the day I had my interview (May 30) until today that my visa was finally issued. I interviewed at Abuja and the interview goes thus:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning and how has been work?
VO: Fine thanks.
VO: Pass me your passport and I-20
Me: I passed them
* the VO looked at my I-20 for like 30 secs
VO: So you are going to the University of Arkansas
Me: Yes, for my PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology
VO: Nods, so tell me about the program at Uni of Arkansas
Me: The program is for five years and I will be required to take 42 credits hour in total, 18 for dissertation research and 24 for coursework. A minimum GPA of 3.0 must be maintained every semester * (VO cuts in)
VO: how old are you?
Me: 2_ years old
VO: Are you married?
Me: No I am not
VO: Any kid?
Me: No ma
VO: Do you have any postgraduate degree
Me: No
VO: So you are going straight from BSc to PhD
Me: Exactly
VO: When did you finish your BSc
Me: I graduated in 2015 from Obafemi Awolowo University with a first class degree in** she cuts in (I was trying to sell myself here to provide 'reasons' for the BS to PhD route)
VO: Really?
Me: Yes really
VO: Do you have anything to support that claim?
Me: Yes, I passed both my transcript and certificate.
** she looked at my transcript (a student copy but stamped by the registrar) placed on top my certificate. I think the transcript looked somehow to her (If I had known, I would have placed the certificate on top or better still just BSc certificate)
VO: Okay, so what have you been doing?
Me: I have been working as a research assistant at Obafemi Awolowo University * she cuts in
VO: Alright, I will hold on to your passport, I-20 and your certificates. I will verify your certificates and we will get back to you.
Me: I was then waiting for white paper but she did not pass any. I then asked, 'ma, how about my white paper'. She looked at me with a big grin (looked sarcastic though). I then smiled and zoomed off before she changes the story.

Thank you to everyone that contributes to this platform. Even though I hardly comment, I visit often to learn from folks with wealth of knowledge.

Congrats....more wins!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzjokky16: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2018
femi312:
First, why are you scared? It is not a hercullean task or is it? People apply to as many as 6 schools and they are still alive. Secondly, applying to just one school does not speak well about your ambitions or dreams. Additionally, you can have 340 in GRE + a good gpa and still not get in. Yes its good to take risk because life itself is risk but this kind of risk is unwise. Apply to at least 3 schools spreading across top and decent schools. You will most likely be writing the same SOP (but changing the paragraph about school and research interest). So where is the stress? The same energy you will use in chasing LOR for one school is the same for 2 or more schools. You can also save cost by applying to school that accept unofficial transcript because to me that is the hardest part of applications and there are a ton of them

Thank you so much, can you please list the schools that accepts unofficial transcript, and again, I studied linguistic for my undergraduate course,but now I'm changing to a different course entirely (strategic intelligence and analysis) hope this won't be a minus.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2018
MyAmericandream:
If one graduate with upper? Will their be full funding for such person?
if you have a Good GRE score, and a great SOP, and more importantly, look for professors, and schools that have research funding available to give
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mcafeez: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2018
blessedmumi:

VO: What's your undergraduate degree and when did you earn it?

ME: I earned my Bachelors degree in MICROBIOLOGY from the Federal University of Technology OWERRI in 2012 where I emerged as the….(she cuts in again). But I hurriedly finished the sentence, I emerged as the best graduating student in my department.

VO: What have you been doing since then?

ME: I went for my mandatory NYSC at National Defense College Clinic where I served as a Laboratory intern, after which I worked with Bleep NGO (a mental health NGO) as an Assistant program officer also in Abuja. I currently work with Bleep Primary Healthcare centre as a Public health assistant and my job descriptions entails…(she cuts in again).

VO: Tell me about your funding.

ME: I was offered a 60% tuition waiver which is equivalent to $20,466 per year.

VO: How did you get that?

ME: I wrote an essay on a global health issue that I feel passionate about working to resolve, then in addition to my outstanding undergraduate qualification.

VO: OK…how many kids do you have?

ME: Ma'am…please kindly repeat the question because I didn’t hear her well and she repeated it.

ME: None

VO: subtly asked…so why do you want to leave your husband and travel? (Guess she saw my bold wedding band because she never asked if I was married or not).

ME: My husband works with Bleep and he can’t possibly resign his job since he will be supporting me over there. However, he can visit whenever he is on leave.

VO: Who will be paying for the remaining expenses?

ME: In addition to the 60% tuition waiver awarded to me, my husband and my uncle will take care of the rest expenses. I also secured $15,000 loan for additional support.

VO: where did you get the loan?

ME: I got the loan from Mpower financing company in USA, after due application and meeting with their terms and conditions.

VO: What’s the payment plan for this loan?

ME: My husband's salary account will be subscribed for monthly deduction.

VO: Do you have an idea how much he will be paying monthly?

ME: approximately $160 per month ( that’s the breakdown from the loan company shaa)

VO: What does your uncle do?
ME: He is an Engineer Manager with Bleep Multinational company.

VO: How much is your uncle supporting you with?

ME: #8million

VO: Do you have any statement of account to support this claim?

ME: Yes Ma'am. I passed the two SOA to her and explained to her the one that belongs to my uncle and husband respectively. She indicated it on the SOA to avoid mix up.

VO: I will like to go through this SOA, I will keep your passport and place your application on what we call Administrative processing. You will hear from us in two weeks time max. She brought out the white paper and asterisks AP and circled one email address to send a mail to incase I didn’t hear from them after 2 weeks. She gave me my i20 and asked if I have any question with smiles…

ME: No questions Ma'am (already having mixed feelings and don’t want to betray my emotions). I thanked her and left.

I thank you all.

congrats ma'am..... I now think the issue of AP is so common these days...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mayd16(m): 10:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Good morning everyone, i am really glad i am part of this thread, my interview date is next month, and listed below are the documents i am taking along with me,

-acceptance letter
-1-20
-sevis receipt
-Letter of No Objection from company
-company’s statement of account
-waec result
-degree certificate/ transcript.

Please is there any other document i should prepare for, alsoni did not do any test it was not necessary for my admission.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2018
mayd16:
Good morning everyone, i am really glad i am part of this thread, my interview date is next month, and listed below are the documents i am taking along with me,

-acceptance letter
-1-20
-sevis receipt
-Letter of No Objection from company
-company’s statement of account
-waec result
-degree certificate/ transcript.

Please is there any other document i should prepare for, alsoni did not do any test it was not necessary for my admission.

where is your...
ds160 confirmation form
your GTB recipt
your appointment confirmation page
your two passport photograph 2by2 Size
your Nigeria passport

ABOVE ALL DON'T FORGET TO PRAY....
some called it G-FACTORS...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.