Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915473 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Denvan: 2:37am On Dec 22, 2017
Akins345:
Please is there anyone going to Tamuk kingsville? Kindly advise on best flight and nearest airport

Corpus Christi Airport would have been the closest and most convenient, but am sure it will be very expensive. I will suggest Hobby Airport, Houston.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Akins345: 4:51am On Dec 22, 2017
Denvan:

Corpus Christi Airport would have been the closest and most convenient, but am sure it will be very expensive. I will suggest Hobby Airport, Houston.

Thanks.....But how long is it from hobby airport houston
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2017
bigfamo:
Please house I just got my package, can I still book for visa as my school resumes January 8 and I found 11 as the date available? Class starts January 16 though.. Thanks

Have you tried Emergency Appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 7:48am On Dec 22, 2017
Hello House, Please I score 1170 in SAT and have GPA of 3.14/4.0, can I proceed with my application or I should write another SAT exam

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:27am On Dec 22, 2017
Eeffy:

Someone was telling me , they don't give one way ticket to students only round trip. I don't want POE wahala.

That not true . No wahala is given at POE if you buy one way ticket . It allowed in the rules ...Newyork to New Jersey are neighbour. Not far

Carry go... Congrats

GOD Bless your new journey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2017
Lamzee:
Hello House, Please I score 1170 in SAT and have GPA of 3.14/4.0, can I proceed with my application or I should write another SAT exam

Your score is quite impressive. So is your GPA. Go ahead and apply. No need retaking the SAT. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2017
Jericho30:
Hi rooms...

Visa Approved today by the man at window 5...

VO: Good Morning please pass your I-20 and passport.

Thank God oooooooooooooooo

When it your destiny it yours .... end of story

Congrats. MAY GOD BLESS your new journey

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 8:44am On Dec 22, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Your score is quite impressive. So is your GPA. Go ahead and apply. No need retaking the SAT. Goodluck!
OK, Thanks Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olamsanj: 10:31am On Dec 22, 2017
Lamzee:

Wait, are you going for a second degree or what? If yes, it’d be advisable to go for a masters degree instead; GRE and toefl are needed tho cuz I believe SAT is meant for undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2017
Has anybody reapplied second time & got approved?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 10:42am On Dec 22, 2017
LagosismyHome:

That not true . No wahala is given at POE if you buy one way ticket . It allowed in the rules ...Newyork to New Jersey are neighbour. Not far

Carry go... Congrats

Aunty Lagos, I'm heading to California but I have to go straight to Missouri to drop some packages for my aunt over there before moving to California, hope I won't have much/extra questions to answer at the POE?

Lagosismyhome
Bigfrancis21
Twoods

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Eeffy: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Carry go... Congrats

Thanks.
Is wakanow a good place to book flight or which cheap place ,can I get cheap airline?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olamsanj: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2017
Eeffy:

Thanks.
Is wakanow a good place to book flight or which cheap place ,can I get cheap airline?

Yes wakanow is good, you can also try Royal Air Maroc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olamsanj: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2017
Solomon27:
Has anybody reapplied second time & got approved?

Yeah sure, in as much as you convince the VO you’re truly a genuine student
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Aunty Lagos, I'm heading to California but I have to go straight to Missouri to drop some packages for my aunt over there before moving to California, hope I won't have much/extra questions to answer at the POE?

Lagosismyhome
Bigfrancis21
Twoods

Why do i see this same story all the time..... wink
Why can't people just go straight to school grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Lagosismyhome
Bigfrancis21
Twoods

Most times they don't give trouble but i cannot predict .... so just be ready to answer any question if asked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2017
Olamsanj:

Wait, are you going for a second degree or what? If yes, it’d be advisable to go for a masters degree instead; GRE and toefl are needed tho cuz I believe SAT is meant for undergraduate
No Sir, not for second degree, the GPA is for WAEC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Woodslinger: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2017
EsanEmmanuel:
There was a black woman mid 30s at window 2 today... she will allow you talk for 1hour... yet still deny you.. Lol
A particular slim guy was so frustrated he was yelling answers and stammering at the top of his voice... she just dey share blue like akara... hehehehe
you... take your own
you there... comman take yours!

Saw her yesterday at the embassy, watched her deny 5 people straight,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Woodslinger: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2017
Eeffy:
Just received my visa this morning
Thanks be to God. Where can I book a cheap flight to New Jersey.
Vo. Good morning pass me ur i20 and passport
Me: good morning
Vo: where am I going to?
Me: for Msc in software Engineering
Vo: what school ?
Me: Monmouth University Monmouth
Vo: why software engineering?
Me: I took interest in it, during my undergraduate course. There I got the expertise to analyze,design and evaluate and test software from scratch to finish. And also the high demand of software developers in Nigeria.
Vo.what did you study in university?
Me: comp sci
Vo: what lang do you write on?
Me: c and php
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me: my mum
Vo: what do ur mum do?
Me: she is into real Estate and own a school
Vo: pass me ur bank statement
Me: I gave him and he went out for 5mins
Vo: sorry for the delay
Me: no problem sir
Vo: why Monmouth university?
Me: they offer experimental and cooperative program study which integrate classroom experience into real word thereby connecting me with professionals in my field of study and also the ongoing research in the school on dbms and security with emphasis in biometric technology which matched my area of interest and research . I also choose the school because of the scholarship given of 5000$
Vo: what is my cpga?
Me: 4.03
Vo: where do I work?
Me; I work ad xxxx and I told him my job function
Vo: what are your plans?
Me: I intend starting my company or looking for job in firs or efcc
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me my mum, she is into real estate and own school
Vo: I will be placing you on AP
Me: okay

Today I receive my visa after 3 working days.

Please I need how to boon cheap flight to new Jersey

Was this lagos or abuja

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please House, How many Months can my Sponsor print for the Statement of Account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kheake(f): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2017
Good morning all, my visa was approved at the Lagos Consulate this morning at about 9:30am. I am so grateful to God and everyone who has posted their transcripts here, thereby making it easier for other people like me to learn and avoid mistakes.

My interview was for 6:30am but I forgot my passport photograph at home so the CGI team directed me to take passport pictures before I could go for the interview (had to pay 2k). After finger printing, I had spotted a young white guy who was wearing natives and I was hoping I could interview with him because it seemed to me that he would have more empathy compared to the rest (seeing that he liked our culture enough to wear our native �, ....I may have been wrong tho)

Anyway, I was directed to him (my first victory �) and there were 2 families before me and they both got their visas, the second family was a mother and a daughter but he denied the daughter and gave the mother saying that the daughter is an adult, the babe is 25 yrs and she can apply in her own capacity and I thought she wasn't very audible.

So straight to my interview:
Vo: good morning
Vo: what program are you going for?
Me: Master of Arts in Economics
vo: so what school are you going to?
Me: Western Illinois University
Vo: why this school ?
Me: (I had 5 points I had noted to say, but I got so carried away with the first one that I didn't mention others, I tried to dwell a lot on the first one tho, cos I think it was my strongest point).
During my application process, I noticed that the school has a unique graduate track system. What this means is that, while I will be trained in the fundamentals of graduate level economics, I will have the opportunity to select other courses that align with my goal. I wanted a program whose curriculum was interdisciplinary and Western Illinois is providing this opportunity for me. I wanted a program that would allow me study other entrepreneurial courses besides fundamentals of Economics. Some of the courses I will be taking are Economics of Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial experience and this is because of my role at my place of work where I interact with several business women who are passionate about their businesses but don't know how to go about it. By the time I go for this course, I will be better equipped to serve them.
Vo: where do you work and what's your role ?
( I think he was asking so that he could understand the link between my current role and why I was going for a masters program in Economics )
Me: I currently work in a bank and I manage and coordinate the trainings, capacity building and networking sessions for the women market program in my bank. I also forge partnerships and new alliances to add value to the women we serve. (I quickly tried to link what I currently do at work with my reason for going for masters in Economics). Given my role and because we cater to a large spectrum of women including business women, When I interact with most of these women, I realize that most of them are passionate about their businesses, but don't know much about finance, budgeting, going global, the need to collaborate , they don't even know where to start from. Prior to joining the bank, I already had a career plan to spend 4 years at work, go for a 2 years master program and come back to spend another 4 years before starting my own consulting firm to help business women grow their businesses and go global.
Vo: what is your highest level of education ?
Me: Bachelor in Education, Economics (I stuttered a bit here)
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: 4
Vo: what are the schools?
Me: Western Illinois University, Eastern Illinois University, Montana State University and Virginia State University.
Then he notices something, (apparently, the last time I went for an interview, when I was declined, I had applied to Canadian schools and I had told the lady interviewing me that I applied to Canadian schools. And she quizzed me a lot about applying to Canadian schools, I couldn't convince her as to why I couldn't choose any of the other Canadian schools instead of western Illinois, I am pretty sure she must have noted this on my profile because she didn't seem convinced ). So he asks
Vo: did you apply to any other schools before now?
Me: yes, when I was applying during fall, I applied to 2 Canadian schools, but this time around, I decided to focus my energy on US schools.
Vo: what year did you graduate?
Me: 2010
Vo: what have you been doing since you graduated?
Me: following my graduation, I went for my youth service and after my service I started working with the bank.
Vo: what year was this?
Me:2013, I have been with the bank since 2013.
Vo: who is sponsoring your education?
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is an engineer who works with in an engineering firm. His firm provides support services to telecommunications giants like MTN, Huawei Technology. He does a lot of installations, trouble shooting, procurement and vendor supplies.
Vo: do you have your financial documents here?
Me: yes, I do (I reach for the statement and hand it to him)
Vo: (skims the first page) there is no name on this statement
Me: (In my mind, Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, how won't there be a name) there is a name on it then I call out my dad's full name
Vo: oh I see it now , do you have a more recent statement, this statement has been issued since September
Me: oh! I don't have a more recent one right here . This was the one I used for my I 20.
Vo: okay don't worry, have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before ?
Me: yes, I have been to the United Arab Emirate
Me: 2016
Vo: are you married ?
Me: no
Vo: do you have any kids
Me: No
Vo: where would you be staying?
Me: campus
Vo: okay, I will be approving your visa
Me: ( I thought I was going to go momentarily deaf like I read here, but I didn't ).
I felt as if I was in a dream, I couldn't believe it
So he hands me the white paper and circles a portion and said something about Email and SMS. I was so happy that I told him thank you and have a merry Christmas, he smiled and said you too. Up until I got home, I felt as though I was at lala land.
My 2 cents:
Pray as if that's all that counts and prepare as if that's all that counts
Read as many transcripts as possible, when I went for my first interview, I wasn't coming to NL but after I was declined and someone sent me past transcripts, I started coming here to read the transcripts and I was able to learn from so many of them.
I kept praying for favor, tried to give more including tithe, woke up at night to pray more and also read far and wide. My watchword was psalm 126:1-3 and indeed when he approved my visa application it felt like a dream.
I pray that God grant other people's heart desires as well.
Now it's time to book flights, get immunizations and prepare.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EsanEmmanuel(m): 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2017
Woodslinger:

Saw her yesterday at the embassy, watched her deny 5 people straight,
Lol... una better dey avoid her! The man in window 1 seem lenient sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
Kheake:
Good morning all, my visa was approved at the Lagos Consulate this morning at about 9:30am. I am so grateful to God and everyone who has posted their transcripts here, thereby making it easier for other people like me to learn and avoid mistakes.

My interview was for 6:30am but I forgot my passport photograph at home so the CGI team directed me to take passport pictures before I could go for the interview (had to pay 2k). After finger printing, I had spotted a young white guy who was wearing natives and I was hoping I could interview with him because it seemed to me that he would have more empathy compared to the rest (seeing that he liked our culture enough to wear our native �, ....I may have been wrong tho)

Anyway, I was directed to him (my first victory �) and there were 2 families before me and they both got their visas, the second family was a mother and a daughter but he denied the daughter and gave the mother saying that the daughter is an adult, the babe is 25 yrs and she can apply in her own capacity and I thought she wasn't very audible.

So straight to my interview:
Vo: good morning
Vo: what program are you going for?
Me: Master of Arts in Economics
vo: so what school are you going to?
Me: Western Illinois University
Vo: why this school ?
Me: (I had 5 points I had noted to say, but I got so carried away with the first one that I didn't mention others, I tried to dwell a lot on the first one tho, cos I think it was my strongest point).
During my application process, I noticed that the school has a unique graduate track system. What this means is that, while I will be trained in the fundamentals of graduate level economics, I will have the opportunity to select other courses that align with my goal. I wanted a program whose curriculum was interdisciplinary and Western Illinois is providing this opportunity for me. I wanted a program that would allow me study other entrepreneurial courses besides fundamentals of Economics. Some of the courses I will be taking are Economics of Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial experience and this is because of my role at my place of work where I interact with several business women who are passionate about their businesses but don't know how to go about it. By the time I go for this course, I will be better equipped to serve them.
Vo: where do you work and what's your role ?
( I think he was asking so that he could understand the link between my current role and why I was going for a masters program in Economics )
Me: I currently work in a bank and I manage and coordinate the trainings, capacity building and networking sessions for the women market program in my bank. I also forge partnerships and new alliances to add value to the women we serve. (I quickly tried to link what I currently do at work with my reason for going for masters in Economics). Given my role and because we cater to a large spectrum of women including business women, When I interact with most of these women, I realize that most of them are passionate about their businesses, but don't know much about finance, budgeting, going global, the need to collaborate , they don't even know where to start from. Prior to joining the bank, I already had a career plan to spend 4 years at work, go for a 2 years master program and come back to spend another 4 years before starting my own consulting firm to help business women grow their businesses and go global.
Vo: what is your highest level of education ?
Me: Bachelor in Education, Economics (I stuttered a bit here)
Vo: how many schools did you apply to
Me: 4
Vo: what are the schools?
Me: Western Illinois University, Eastern Illinois University, Montana State University and Virginia State University.
Then he notices something, (apparently, the last time I went for an interview, when I was declined, I had applied to Canadian schools and I had told the lady interviewing me that I applied to Canadian schools. And she quizzed me a lot about applying to Canadian schools, I couldn't convince her as to why I couldn't choose any of the other Canadian schools instead of western Illinois, I am pretty sure she must have noted this on my profile because she didn't seem convinced ). So he asks
Vo: did you apply to any other schools before now?
Me: yes, when I was applying during fall, I applied to 2 Canadian schools, but this time around, I decided to focus my energy on US schools.
Vo: what year did you graduate?
Me: 2010
Vo: what have you been doing since you graduated?
Me: following my graduation, I went for my youth service and after my service I started working with the bank.
Me:2013, I have been with the bank since 2013.
Vo: who is sponsoring your education?
Me: my dad
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he is an engineer who works with in an engineering firm. His firm provides support services to telecommunications giants like MTN, Huawei Technology. He does a lot of installations, trouble shooting, procurement and vendor supplies.
Vo: do you have your financial documents here?
Me: yes, I do (I reach for the statement and hand it to him)
Vo: (skims the first page) there is no name on this statement
Me: (In my mind, Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, how won't there be a name) there is a name on it then I call out my dad's full name
Vo: oh I see it now , do you have a more recent statement, this statement has been issued since September
Me: oh! I don't have a more recent one right here . This was the one I used for my I 20.
Vo: okay don't worry, have you ever travelled outside Nigeria before ?
Me: yes, I have been to the United Arab Emirate
Me: 2016
Vo: are you married ?
Me: no
Vo: do you have any kids
Me: No
Vo: where would you be staying?
Me: campus
Vo: okay, I will be approving your visa
Me: ( I thought I was going to go momentarily deaf like I read here, but I didn't ).
I felt as if I was in a dream, I couldn't believe it
So he hands me the white paper and circles a portion and said something about Email and SMS. I was so happy that I told him thank you and have a merry Christmas, he smiled and said you too. Up until I got home, I felt as though I was at lala land.
My 2 cents:
Pray as if that's all that counts and prepare as if that's all that counts
Read as many transcripts as possible, when I went for my first interview, I wasn't coming to NL but after I was declined and someone sent me past transcripts, I started coming here to read the transcripts and I was able to learn from so many of them.
I kept praying for favor, tried to give more including tithe, woke up at night to pray more and also read far and wide. My watchword was psalm 126:1-3 and indeed when he approved my visa application it felt like a dream.
I pray that God grant other people's heart desires as well.
Now it's time to book flights, get immunizations and prepare.

Thought as much, when one is denied... the consular will write his/her reasons there... so incase when one try again... the new consular will see it there...

Congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Hi,

How is it like having a Bsc in physical geography
+ Msc in GIS or cartography in the US.

I mean, as a graduate with these degrees and a job searcher, especially regarding available job chances and salary ranges..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by akinjis(m): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please am asking these question on behalf of my friend who is planning too go too the embassy again after first denial .He want too change is sponsor from is mum too his uncle...will these be a problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 3rdeye1(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2017
Hi guys. Please I wish to migrate to US with my wife and kid. We work and reside in Dubai, UAE but we wish to move. I really need you candid advice pls and the best way to go about it. Some said moving wth family is an advantage while some said I should try to move first. We are honestly considering US or Canada. Is it something I can do on my own or I need an agent. What are the prerequisites? I kindly need an honest answer pls and probably from an experienced person. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
3rdeye1:
Hi guys. Please I wish to migrate to US with my wife and kid. We work and reside in Dubai, UAE but we wish to move. I really need you candid advice pls and the best way to go about it. Some said moving wth family is an advantage while some said I should try to move first. We are honestly considering US or Canada. Is it something I can do on my own or I need an agent. What are the prerequisites? I kindly need an honest answer pls and probably from an experienced person. Thanks

Try Canada first then USA.

Or you get to USA and move to Canada!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 3rdeye1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2017
Solomon27:

Try Canada first then USA.

Or you get to USA and move to Canada!
Oh yeah? Thanks for the heads up Solomon!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AfonjaBoston: 4:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Drocks:
Visa delayed again the 6th time in two years. Not giving up on my dreams!

Seriously you called it dreams
Hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I call it waste of money borne out of desperation.
If you must pull the Abraham Lincoln's kind of stunt you be naija guy haba do am with sense

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Denvan: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2017
Akins345:

Thanks.....But how long is it from hobby airport houston

It's like 4 hours but with Greyhound bus, it will be like 8 hours. You can join "TAMUK RIDES" on Fbook and see if someone is coming from Houston to Kingsville on the day you will arrive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Wolexy1212(m): 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2017
[center]AP Changed to Issued [/center]
December 11 was strictly a denial and an AP day. Aanexplus and others can relate. When I almost heard your visa has been... The VO said I'll have to place a check on your documents and get back to you in few days. Mehn! I check my status every 2hrs, AP may appear worse than outright denial because you're practically stuck until they respond. He collected every damn document (Certificate, Transcripts, Professional Licence, GRE, TOEFL SCORES, Account statements...)

Interview at window 7
Me: Good morning, how was your weekend
Vo: Good morning, pass me your documents

Vo: Tell me about the program
Me: I'm going to WCU to pursue my masters degree in public health, it's a 2yr and 45unit course, I'll offering 24units of core courses and 21units in my major, some of the courses include Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Transcultural health, Behavioral health.... After the program, I would come back to Nigeria to establish my community pharmacy and partner with NGOs or Federal ministry of health.
Vo: I don't see any relationship between this degree and coming to establish a community pharmacy.
Me: no, this degree focuses on preventing diseases, promoting health and prolonging life. These are what I do on a daily basis at a community pharmacy
Vo: Nodded, okay...started checking my job description on DS160. Tell me your duties at your place of work
Me: I manage and oversee the smooth running of the pharmacy, I'm involved in procurement and inventory management of medications, I counsel clients on the appropriate use of medications.
Vo: did you take GRE, tell me the breakdown
Me: I did.
Vo: Tell me the prescriptions you fill
Me: I wasn't expecting that, I told him I fill prescriptions for OTC (over-the-counter) drugs such as aspirin, paracetamol, POM(prescription only medicines) antibiotics, opioids...cuts in
Vo: who's paying for your trip
Me: my dad and uncle
Vo: what do they do
Me: told him
Vo: do you have their account statements
Me: yes
Vo: lemme have them, give me GRE results. What other documents do you have?
That's how I gave everything
Vo: gave me white paper and said he'll be placing a check on them.
People were congratulating me and asking me to 'wash' it for them.. They always think once you are not with you passport, you've gotten your visa. I couldn't wash my AP then but now I can.
All thanks to this great thread. My conscience will keep disturbing me if I don't share this transcript. Wishing all the new applicants, the very best in their interviews. Peace!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by righturn: 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
Wolexy1212:
[center]AP Changed to Issued [/center]
December 11 was strictly a denial and an AP day. Aanexplus and others can relate. When I almost heard your visa has been... The VO said I'll have to place a check on your documents and get back to you in few days. Mehn! I check my status every 2hrs, AP may appear worse than outright denial because you're practically stuck until they respond. He collected every damn document (Certificate, Transcripts, Professional Licence, GRE, TOEFL SCORES, Account statements...)

Interview at window 7
Me: Good morning, how was your weekend
Vo: Good morning, pass me your documents

Vo: Tell me about the program
Me: I'm going to WCU to pursue my masters degree in public health, it's a 2yr and 45unit course, I'll offering 24units of core courses and 21units in my major, some of the courses include Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Transcultural health, Behavioral health.... After the program, I would come back to Nigeria to establish my community pharmacy and partner with NGOs or Federal ministry of health.
Vo: I don't see any relationship between this degree and coming to establish a community pharmacy.
Me: no, this degree focuses on preventing diseases, promoting health and prolonging life. These are what I do on a daily basis at a community pharmacy
Vo: Nodded, okay...started checking my job description on DS160. Tell me your duties at your place of work
Me: I manage and oversee the smooth running of the pharmacy, I'm involved in procurement and inventory management of medications, I counsel clients on the appropriate use of medications.
Vo: did you take GRE, tell me the breakdown
Me: I did.
Vo: Tell me the prescriptions you fill
Me: I wasn't expecting that, I told him I fill prescriptions for OTC (over-the-counter) drugs such as aspirin, paracetamol, POM(prescription only medicines) antibiotics, opioids...cuts in
Vo: who's paying for your trip
Me: my dad and uncle
Vo: what do they do
Me: told him
Vo: do you have their account statements
Me: yes
Vo: lemme have them, give me GRE results. What other documents do you have?
That's how I gave everything
Vo: gave me white paper and said he'll be placing a check on them.
People were congratulating me and asking me to 'wash' it for them.. They always think once you are not with you passport, you've gotten your visa. I couldn't wash my AP then but now I can.
All thanks to this great thread. My conscience will keep disturbing me if I don't share this transcript. Wishing all the new applicants, the very best in their interviews. Peace!

congrats man, few things are scarier than AP, been like that for me since 13th December and I think it is affecting my BP lol .Did you get a text or an email or you only checked to see a status change ? Because I check mine every couple of minutes lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.