Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,079 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915007 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmanbaba: 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
femi312:
No its not but its not ranked in Engineering. There are many Nigerians there so you will feel at home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Emmanbaba: 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
LagosismyHome:

How can a big public school like this be on red flag. ...but check the strength of the program .
Thank you Lagos mummy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
Emmanbaba:

Yeah I noticed it's not ranked, but it's the school that gave me the best financial aid (full tuition waiver), so I'll go for it. Going for MS Chemical Engineering.
Cool, they seem to like Nigerians in that Chemical engineering dept. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
No be small thing ooo
lalahhh:
I had my interview today and was denied...I don’t know where I went wrong.

Me- Good morning
VO- pass me your I 20 and passport
VO- where are you going to?
Me- North Carolina Central University, Durham, North Carolina for my masters in( VO cuts in)
VO- what are you going for?
Me- My Masters Degree in History
VO- how did you get this assistantship?
Me- The department’s Chair was impressed with my GRE, my transcript, statement of purpose and essay.
VO- so why did you change course and school ?
Me- sorry? I didn’t get that.
VO- the last time you were here you were wanted to go to Arcadia so why change to NCCU?
Me- Arcadia gave me partial scholarship while NCCU gave me the full ride and in NCCU, I get to minor in courses related to Peace and Conflict Resolution.
VO- so who would pay for other expenses
Me- I have family funds
VO-which family?
Me- My Uncle
VO- what does he do?
Me - he works with the Kwara state government, at the Niger River Basin.
VO- where does he live?
Me- Kwara state
She looks at the I 20 for a while then drops it
She asked for bank statement which I gave to her
She stared at it for a while , typed somethings ... In my mind I was just praying , then she asked
VO- why is your Uncle paying
Me- my parents sent his to school so this is more like a more thank you and he has the money
VO- how many siblings do you have ?
Me- 5
VO- which Uncle would be paying for them?
Me- I am the last child
VO - what’s the name of your Uncle
Me- I said his name
Then she picked up the I 20 again .... looked at it again and asked
VO- are you married?
Me- NO I’m not
VO- do you have children?
Me - No I don’t
Then she finally said I’m sorry you are not found eligible at this time.
Did I do anything wrong ... please help me out here because I’m still dumbfounded.
Cc
LagosismyHome
theamerican
TWoods
Imperiouxx
Ezeigbo1ofimo
Sorelee

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hello house,

Please I need helpful suggestions on the best way to get to Urbana-Champaign from the Chicago O'Hare intl airport. Thank you for your help. I have booked my flight already and will be arriving at 2:50pm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
Congrats
nosagiez:
Visa Approved after two days on AP. Abuja Embassy

VO. Good morning and welcome to United State Of America
ME. (Fear catch me, I thought I am in US embassy). Good morning sir.

VO. Your passport please
ME. Have it sir

VO. Thank you, I can see you are going to Middle Tennessee State University
ME. Yes sir.

VO. Your I20 please
ME. This is it sir.

VO. Thank you, I can see here that you were offer a graduate assistantship that covers your tuition and a living expenses.
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Do you have a letter for your assistantship offer?
ME. Yes sir,

VO. Let me take a look
ME. I passed it,

VO. What does your assistantship entails?
ME. I will be teaching 8hrs every week on the laboratory sir.

VO. Ok! I can also see that your family is your sponsor, which of your family member?
ME. Yes sir, my grandfather sir, though he's late but I have a sponsorship from him company. My uncle is currently managing the company sir.

VO. Do you have a bank statement from your grandfather?
ME. Yes sir, from the company, my grandfather is làte sir.

VO. I can't approved your Visa now, I have to check if your statement is genuine. Do you know if you bring a fake statement you will be banned from entering the US for forever.
ME. Yes sir

VO. OK we will get back to you, I will keep your passport, your I20 and your statement.
ME. OK sir.

My interview was on 12th of June at Abuja. This evening I got a text that my passport is ready for collection and my status has been changed from AP to Issued

PS. I wrote GRE twice and I scored 280 and 286 respectively. V140 Q146 AWA 3.0 God showed up for me when I made my application. I got admitted into MTSU with full funding and a comfortable monthly stipends.

My advice is that you should make that application and let God do the rest. Thank you fellow NairaLanders.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by HoneyBronzed: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please how long does it take to receive EAD card if you filed for OPT extension?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Geo4646: 11:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
Plz house, am new to dis trend, anybody with information about USA interview questions and answers? for both visiting, and student also. anyone dat has full experience, urgently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nosagiez(m): 12:12am On Jun 21, 2018
Macaulay10:
why do you want to evaluate your transcript, I thought you've been admitted already?. U even posted your approved visa transcript awhile.

Yes I have, I only sent a scanned copy of my transcripts to the school and I was ask to send in the evaluated copies in other to complete my registration/applications. That's why I asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:43am On Jun 21, 2018
HoneyBronzed:
Please how long does it take to receive EAD card if you filed for OPT extension?
It varies but typically they will tell you minimum of 3months. Some people get it within 3months while other get it after 3months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2018
Nempi:

Master of science in regulatory affairs for drug biologics and medical devices

Most go for MPH but this is what you want. However, what you want might not favor you at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:54am On Jun 21, 2018
jandedfelloh:

I just checked mine too. Refused. I was interviewd today. They took my statement of account gave me a white paper. all my documents are genuine. I'm heartbroken

They took your statement of account, put you on AP and later gave refusal.

My guy, this will create an uphill battle to ever get visa to US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kay4eva: 1:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Success to those heading for their interviews soon.

Anyone heading to "Texas A&M University, College Station", let's link up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 2:01am On Jun 21, 2018
imperiouxx:

The took your statement of account, put you on AP and later gave refusal.

My guy, this will create an uphill battle to ever get visa to US.

Everything happened same day. I think there was an error somewhere
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Mzzaeny:

Vo: what do they have in common
Me: (caught off guard) but then quickly recovered and said I didn’t actually finish my application to UTA because i already got admitted to where I wanted and it’s close to my sister.

Volunteering of unnecessary info is bad.

Mzzaeny:

Vo: (still nodding) your sister’s in the us?
Me: yes a graduate student at U of I [s]with teaching assistantship, full tuition waiver and scholarship[/s].

Vosadbrings out her profile) ohh she’s doing her phd?
Me: yes

But why

Mzzaeny:

Vo: Who’s sponsoring her?
Me: my Mum

Vo: So why is she not sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle already promised to sponsor me if i passed my exams and got admission to the schools I applied to also he’s a consultant at Bleep company while my mum will be taking care of other expenses.

Outcome of volunteering info.

Mzzaeny:

Vosadlooking at it) where does he stay?
Me:Maryland

Vo: This bank statement does not cover all though you have partial scholarship
Mesadrealized I didn’t bring a complete bank statement) ohh my sister [s]will be taking care of my living expenses[/s]

Even an incomplete SOA from your uncle. And why you still put your sister into this again when she's not your sponsor? She's not taking care of your living expense my friend, you're only going to live with her (what you supposed to say)

Mzzaeny:

Vosadlooks at 1-20 very well) ohh, do you have her bank statement
Me:Not here with me currently

Vo: ok, (hands over white paper) i need you to get your sisters bank statement and dhl it to us.
Me:ok, thank you

You don't even have her statement of account. She's only an ordinary student who depends on school funding.

This interview is terrible and shows lots of inexperience. There are many info you volunteered on your own, which in your case don't help. Good you got it but others should learn from this and never state things terrible like this.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:34am On Jun 21, 2018
Ubah1:

Everything happened same day. I think there was an error somewhere

@ jandedfelloh,

Do you know if the account has a sufficient fund that covers your 1 year studies?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by whandeykoal(f): 4:37am On Jun 21, 2018
lasthero:

Adekunle Ajasin and their wahala. We both showed each other pepper last year over transcript until I file them to court.

I think you should go to exams and record. Tell them you are expecting a mail from WES as regards verification of your transcript, they should be able to provide information / support
Thanks so much, I've done that, i was told the email is usually received at the registra's office and they said they haven't seen it there, that was where another email address was sent to me. They said its sometimes like that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 21, 2018
TWoods:

Nope. JFK is your POE for immigration purposes. That’s what really matters. As long as you have your flight ticket for your connecting flight, you’d be ok. Everything after that is treated as a domestic flight... no issues.
Thank you!
I appreciate a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Folatush(f): 5:49am On Jun 21, 2018
imperiouxx:

Volunteering of unnecessary info is bad.

But why

Outcome of volunteering info.

Even an incomplete SOA from your uncle. And why you still put your sister into this again when she's not your sponsor? She's not taking care of your living expense my friend, you're only going to live with her (what you supposed to say)

You don't even have her statement of account. She's only an ordinary student who depends on school funding.

This interview is terrible and shows lots of inexperience. There are many info you volunteered on your own, which in your case don't help. Good you got it but others should learn from this and never state things terrible like this.

Hi @imperiouxx, you guys are doing a good Job here, helping people but I think you shouldn't Jump to conclusions like that, she had to mention her sister and bro as sponsors because those names are on her I-20. so even if she gave too much info as you said her sister's statement and contract for the following year was what they saw and finally give the Visa.Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Folatush:

Hi @imperiouxx, you guys are doing a good Job here, helping people but I think you shouldn't Jump to conclusions like that, she had to mention her sister and bro as sponsors because those names are on her I-20. so even if she gave too much info as you said her sister's statement and contract for the following year was what they saw and finally give the Visa.Thank you

Her uncle alone will get her the visa if she's going to get the visa. From the beginning of the interview her sister has nothing to do with the interview. Sponsor on your I-20 is the most important and I haven't seen where they put sponsor as uncle, mom and sister altogether. They have to leave her uncle and check her sister since she offered to talk about her so much. Volunteering info is not good. She's lucky to get it, some people have been nailed offering unnecessary info. This is what others coming should not do.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Folatush(f): 6:05am On Jun 21, 2018
imperiouxx:

Her uncle alone will get her the visa if she's going to get the visa. From the beginning of the interview her sister has nothing to do with the interview. Sponsor on your I-20 is the most important and I haven't seen where they put sponsor as uncle, mom and sister altogether. They have to leave her uncle and check her sister since she offered to talk about her so much. Volunteering info is not good. She's lucky to get it, some people have nailed offering unnecessary info.

Hi Bro, I suggest you should take a chill pill in this case, how many I-20's have you seen? if her sisters name was not on it, then she wouldn't have mentioned her at all, and you're mentioning about inexperience how is a kid who just finished high school supposed to be experienced.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Folatush:

Hi Bro, I suggest you should take a chill pill in this case, how many I-20's have you seen? if her sisters name was not on it, then she wouldn't have mentioned her at all, and you're mentioning about inexperience how is a kid who just finished high school supposed to be experienced.

How is what I said becomes your own headache? How many I-20 have I seen...... you must have thought I come here to crack a joke. How could her sister's name (another int'l student) be on the I-20? Probably you don't know what you're saying yourself. If you claim to be a follower of this thread, then you don't need schooling to be experienced on what not to say in your visa interview.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 6:26am On Jun 21, 2018
imperiouxx:

How is what I said becomes your own headache? How many I-20 have I seen...... you must have thought I come here to crack a joke. How could her sister's name (another int'l student) be on the I-20? Probably you don't know what you're saying yourself. If you claim to be a follower of this thread, then you don't need schooling to be experienced on what not to say in your visa interview.

I can't agree with you less. Pointing out the errors of giving unnecessary informations is to help prospective applicants avoid a "PITFALL"

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Folatush(f): 6:27am On Jun 21, 2018
imperiouxx:

Yes I repeat the same question how many I-20 have you seen? I am her sister and my name is on the I-20, you think because you have been answering people here for long you know everything. Do you know how many other people I have helped without coming here to talk about it, I don't come here all the time because I don't have the time as much and I really applaud you people that have been of help. so Kindly take a CHILL Pill as I said earlier Bro.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2018
Folatush:

Yes I repeat the same question how many I-20 have you seen? I am her sister and my name is on the I-20, you think because you have been answering people here for long you know everything. Do you know how many other people I have helped without coming here to talk about it, I don't come here all the time because I don't have the time as much and I really applaud you people that have been of help. so Kindly take a CHILL Pill as I said earlier Bro.

@ Name on the I-20, she said her uncle is her sponsor, then how come her sister's name on the I-20? If you say your name was on it, I can't dispute that because I can't see the I-20 we are talking about now. Asking how many I-20 have I seen must be a joke. However, my coming here is not to brag about who or how many I've helped.

I will say again for others coming, volunteering unnecessary info is not good at interviews. Don't nail your dream yourself.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungIncredible: 6:31am On Jun 21, 2018
YoungIncredible:
Hello everyone. I'm a silent reader and I need help in terms of selecting school based on ranking.

Two schools offered me admission for MBA in USA. Ball state University in Indiana and University of Wisconsin.

Ball state University is ranked 99 in top public schools and 151 in business program.

University of Wisconsin is ranked 20 in top public schools and 381 in business program.

Please help, I am confused. Which ranking should matter to me, top public schools? Or businesses program?

Hi everyone. I still need help/advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:36am On Jun 21, 2018
Folatush:

Personally I don't think putting a master or phd student as a sponsor or co sponsor on i20 is a good idea.... a student on full GA or TA stipend is barely enough for one person not to talk of sponsoring another . In this case it was fine .... great but it can also be tricky . .....Sometimes what works for A will not work for B and the fact one worked ( probably out of a million) doesn't mean it the norm

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Folatush(f): 6:39am On Jun 21, 2018
YoungIncredible:

Hi everyone. I still need help/advice

Hi, I will suggest you University of Wisconsin as I know a Nigerian that went to Indiana for MBA last year and it was really difficult in terms of funding and all. But if Money is not a problem and you care for ranking that much you can go to Indiana.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:57am On Jun 21, 2018
Mzzaeny:
Hi Nairaland, a silent reader here,visa finally issued on Tuesday evening after waiting and it wasn’t even

Congrats. ... God bless your new journey

Make sure you read your books & take life seriously. Also invite us for graduation when the time comes, We only want Summa cum laude grade rice cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Klassified: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=NefT post=68290865][/quote] please I also got admitted into UTA for ms-non thesis industrial and systems engineering any tips, I am yet to go for the visa interview too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dodos26: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2018
Sirtenburg:

Yes.. I got August 2

Boss, please when was your first interview? As I am still to get a date for over one month now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.