Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913195 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 11:26am On Dec 25, 2017
Lufthansa:
Good day all. House please I need ur advise as I am attempting to re-schedule an interview for an F-1 status. Although, there was an initial refusal just early this month n I am about scheduling another interview.

The bottleneck is while I am about completing filling the ds160. I quickly want to book an interview date as I complete the ds160. Now, while I attempt scheduling although I changed my email address. As I almost complete the schedule process. I got a message prompt on the screen saying " your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user Id of DAT profile is .......quoting the email address I earlier used". If u created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer ur acct to did previous one in order to avoid any inconvenience DAT may arise from having multiple accounts."

Please learned members, can I ignore this msssg and go ahead with the new schedule using the new email addr as I am using this new email addr on the new ds160?
My reason for filling a new ds160/is because I want to update some details on my profile.

Also, do I qualify for an emergency interview as the school resumption is Jan 2, 2018? knowing fully well I got an earlier refusal early did month.

I will appreciate ur early responses. Thanks

part of the qualification in getting an emergency interview is that you must not have been refused a US visa in the past 6 months, so unfortunately, you do not qualify for an emergency interview, moreover, your resumption is just in 8 days time , so even an emergency interview would not help your case, my own opinion is for you to defer to fall and use the time created to make significant changes to your profile.....hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
goodemma20:
part of the qualification in getting an emergency interview is that you must not have been refused a US visa in the past 6 months, so unfortunately, you do not qualify for an emergency interview, moreover, your resumption is just in 8 days time , so even an emergency interview would not help your case, my own opinion is for you to defer to fall and use the time created to make significant changes to your profile.....hope this helps.

Really?

Got buddies that got denied early this month & reapplied for emergency appointment and still got date this month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
Solomon27:

Really?

Got buddies that got denied early this month & reapplied for emergency appointment and still got date this month.
a lot of of slots were recently created by the consulate to accommodate the increase in F1 applications.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Drocks: 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

. . . Coming from an unfortunate, rejected and frustrated perennial US visa applicant.

I totally understand what you must be going through
you are coming for the flat continue! You will become a lesson to some people here. I promise you that.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
goodemma20:
a lot of of slots were recently created by the consulate to accommodate the increase in F1 applications.

Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
gokuu:

It depends. If you attend the EducationUSA’s general session on Wednesday, you do not have to pay as it’s open to the general public. But the sessions are very generic and will not help you. You may have to join as a member (costs 34k in total) for more bespoke advise.

However, they do not have unlimited space at the centre so they accept applications from only recent first class and second class upper graduates. Also, they do not like people who’re just joining because they got denied visa; they really like people who start the entire process with them.

Thnks alot sir,its an undergraduate program and my school request i visit EducationUsa before they could review my applicatiion and i am also a first timer,are you to pay the 34k in cash when u get there OR is it an online application thing?i do not know anything about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lufthansa: 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=goodemma20 post=63592149] part of the qualification in getting an emergency interview is that you must not have been refused a US visa in the past 6 months, so unfortunately, you do not qualify for an emergency interview, moreover, your resumption is just in 8 days time , so even an emergency interview would not help your case, my own opinion is for you to defer to fall and use the time created to make significant changes to your profile.....hope this helps.[/quote
]Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sheke01: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
Please house, who in the US can help pay my Cleveland State University application fee of $40. They are requesting for payment via credit card, Electronic check and by mail. I will pay the person in Naira. My application Id is W00000000158259.
Thank you
If the spirit of the season also lead you to use the payment and do surprise Christmas gift for me, I will gladly appreciate. Merry Christmas to everyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
lomodele:
av dey sent u ur e-ticket?
yes.. I got it the same day from Air France
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
abeg is there not help this time around,concerning GRE and TOEFl registrations ?
Nigeria economy is good and some of us have to safe five months straight to get the money for the two exams.
abeg make una help ooo
Lagosismyhome
egbon afonjaboston
lagosniv
twoods
oga walspring I still dey wait oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lomodele(m): 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
k199192:

yes.. I got it the same day from Air France
Mogbe.. Mine will be 4days tomorrow, after payment no e-ticket. Dey said they are still working on it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Accscholar: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2017
sheke01:
Please house, who in the US can help pay my Cleveland State University application fee of $40. They are requesting for payment via credit card, Electronic check and by mail. I will pay the person in Naira. My application Id is W00000000158259.
Thank you
If the spirit of the season also lead you to use the payment and do surprise Christmas gift for me, I will gladly appreciate. Merry Christmas to everyone

You can still use your GTB card or Naira card, as long as it can do dollar transactions and you have not reached the limit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aramind(f): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2017
Hello, i am Aramind, i applied to FSU for Spring, but i had a poor GRE Score of 288 and so i was denied the admission.... i want to plan for Fall 2018....as it is i don't even know how to start preparing for GRE Again ...i think i need to go for lessons too. The other school i applied to requires Wes, i paid for wes since oct however the process of sending and verifying documents is taking more time than envisaged. Now wes is waiting for my alma mater to verify my documents for d past 3 weeks now......its tiring.
I just pray everything will work out this year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by RexCheeng: 11:49am On Dec 26, 2017
Aramind:
Hello, i am Aramind, i applied to FSU for Spring, but i had a poor GRE Score of 288 and so i was denied the admission.... i want to plan for Fall 2018....as it is i don't even know how to start preparing for GRE Again ...i think i need to go for lessons too. The other school i applied to requires Wes, i paid for wes since oct however the process of sending and verifying documents is taking more time than envisaged. Now wes is waiting for my alma mater to verify my documents for d past 3 weeks now......its tiring.
I just pray everything will work out this year.

Aramind,
Your poor GRE might not be the reason for your denial. What was your GPA? How was your SOP? LOR? Many times, schools give the generic GRE yen yen yen to cut off people, making more money for ETS in the process. What am I trying to say? It might help if you take time to strengthen other parts of your application.
As regards acing the GRE, there's a plethora of materials online to help you. Manhattan 5lb, Magoosh videos, princeton review, kmf, etc. Take time to go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre to read people's experience and tips.
Are you STEM or arts? Do you need to focus on quant or verbal? If you dedicate 4 - 8 hours daily for 8 - 4 weeks respectively, you should have a decent GRE score.
You should also consider applying to some other schools apart from FSU if you have the means.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Aramind(f): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
my GPA is 3.89, well my SoP i did it myself guess i didnt do it well. i applied to UNF but my wes Evaluation is taking forever and so i had to defer before its too late..
i applied for criminology....
RexCheeng:

Aramind,
Your poor GRE might not be the reason for your denial. What was your GPA? How was your SOP? LOR? Many times, schools give the generic GRE yen yen yen to cut off people, making more money for ETS in the process. What am I trying to say? It might help if you take time to strengthen other parts of your application.
As regards acing the GRE, there's a plethora of materials online to help you. Manhattan 5lb, Magoosh videos, princeton review, kmf, etc. Take time to go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre to read people's experience and tips.
Are you STEM or arts? Do you need to focus on quant or verbal? If you dedicate 4 - 8 hours daily for 8 - 4 weeks respectively, you should have a decent GRE score.
You should also consider applying to some other schools apart from FSU if you have the means.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
enuelsmith:
Please contact me for possible discussion in respect to this

I think its better to let others know the help you want to render here. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponpon(m): 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
Chukskid:
I need strong guides on how to overcome this my visa interview palava because I can't afford to lose this kinda fortune that God has set before my table.......

Please I need help oooooooooo
You don't need strong guides, just be yourself. Sound like a student, know about your course, be clear on who's sponsoring you and if possible why, why you chose that school and how the program would benefit you. These questions can be asked in many forms. Don't forget to dress to kill, but don't wear suit oooh. Lol

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
lomodele:

Mogbe.. Mine will be 4days tomorrow, after payment no e-ticket. Dey said they are still working on it.
I guess I was lucky. Have you got it as of today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
jus a tip for all spring students. You will need a document called "yellow card" at the poe. You may be charged extra if you don't have it with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
k199192:
jus a tip for all spring students. You will need a document called "yellow card" at the poe. You may be charged extra if you don't have it with you.
pls what is yellow card?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by k199192: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2017
goodemma20:
pls what is yellow card?
a vaccination certificate. gotten from hospitals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.