Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915343 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ecoleco: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
sheke01:
Please house, who in the US can help pay my Cleveland State University application fee of $40. They are requesting for payment via credit card, Electronic check and by mail. I will pay the person in Naira. My application Id is W00000000158259.
Thank you
If the spirit of the season also lead you to use the payment and do surprise Christmas gift for me, I will gladly appreciate. Merry Christmas to everyone

GT Naira Cards can take dollar transactions up to $1000 per month. I do not know how much other banks support. If you have exhausted yours for the month and must use a dollar account, then contact TOSJAME here on NL.

Best of Luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ecoleco: 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
goodemma20:
pls what is yellow card?

Yellow card is not necessary for traveling to the US. If you must get one, then visit the ministry of health closest to you. Shouldn't cost more than N500.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lomodele(m): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
k199192:
a vaccination certificate. gotten from hospitals.
How do we get it from d hospital?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by darryjay16(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
Please!!!!! please!!! please!!, I need urgent answer to this kindly help a brother asap

A friend is going for her Visa interview in two days time. She applied for MS in project management @Morgan state University. on her i20 the course is 5years she called the graduate coordinator and the graduate coordinator said it wasn't a mistake that it's 5years.

My question: kindly help with what she'll say when the VO ask "why 5years?"

Or does it means she can complete the MS degree within 2years but can decide to extend it btw 2 -5years?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
k199192:
jus a tip for all spring students. You will need a document called "yellow card" at the poe. You may be charged extra if you don't have it with you.
You are not required to have yellow card if you are travelling to the US. Only some African countries require this, so don't waste your money except they changed the rule recently

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
lomodele:

How do we get it from d hospital?

AS others have said you don't need it .... not required travelling to the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by beloved84: 11:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
Compliment of the season to all NL famz!

I'm going for an interview this week. I've had one denial on 5th Dec, so i re-applied.
I have prepared a mock interview and i want the gurus in the house to help me out, because i don't want to make any mistake this time.

VO: Purpose of visit
Me: to study and earn Masters in Computer science at Texas southern University.

VO: This is your second visit here, what's new you have come with?
Me: I did not get the opportunity to express myself very well as a genuine student at the first interview, so i have come to express myself better.

VO:Why study in US?
Me: American universities run a well organize academic and research programs. Their curriculum is up to date. Degree in America is believed to be the best in the work and the certificate from American university is valued globally.

VO: Which school are you going to?
Me: Texas Southern University. (TSU)

VO: How many school did you applied to?
Me: 3 -- Texas southern University (TSU), Houston Baptist University(HBU) and University of Houston (UH), main campus

VO: How many gave you admission
Me: 2. TSU and HBU

VO: Why TSU over HBU?
Me: TSU is one of the largest historical black universities that provide academic and research program that addresses critical issues in the global community, They provide additional studies for students toward advanced learning. They also provide American Conversation Partners that help in the learning process.

VO: How did you know about TSU.
Me: The first time i heard about TSU is through a friend who is an alumni, during my search to know more about the school and other schools, i found out that i belong to the same research group with the present HOD of computer science at TSU on linkedin. She made me realize that there is a research going on, and its in my area of interest. (On E-Learning and game model)

VO: What is your study plan?
Me: My study plan in earning MSC Computer science is to excel in the 30 credit hour courses that is required for the program, that is spread over two years (24 month). There are 12 credit hours compulsory courses, 12 credit hour electives and 6 credit hours thesis research.

VO: What will this course do for you?
Me: It will give me the opportunity to compete for higher position at my place of work and give me necessary skill to build Learning Management Platforms for various eLearning programs. I will also be equiped with the necessary skill to gamify eLearning, making it more interesting and interactive, which has not been implemented on the various Learning Management Systems we have access to in Nigeria.

VO: Did you take any standard exam?
Me: Yes. GRE - V&Q 286, AWA3.0

VO: What do you plan to do after your Masters?
Me: After my degree, i will be coming back to Nigeria to compete for managerial position at my present company, because the company has just been given the approval by NUC to start an Open Distance Learning centre, so my skill (as eLearning consultant) will be highly needed when i come back to the company. I will be a force for positive change in eLearning industry in Nigeria and the global community.

Vo: Why is your family not going with you?
Me: My wife works with the federal government at the ministry of Agriculture, we don't want her to loose the appointment, since i will be coming back after my Master which is for 24 month.

VO: Who is sponsoring your education in US?
Me: My brother and also with my personal savings.

VO: What does he do?
Me: He's an-------, has a construction company in 3 States in Nigeria, has a School and a Pure water company.

Note: All information here are the real truth and there are proofs to back them up.
I expect your constructive criticism, scrutiny and corrections.
Thank you all.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lomodele(m): 12:13am On Dec 27, 2017
LagosismyHome:

AS others have said you don't need it .... not required travelling to the US
Thank you very much Lagsoismyhome..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mitchely: 12:39am On Dec 27, 2017
darryjay16:
Please!!!!! please!!! please!!, I need urgent answer to this kindly help a brother asap

A friend is going for her Visa interview in two days time. She applied for MS in project management @Morgan state University. on her i20 the course is 5years she called the graduate coordinator and the graduate coordinator said it wasn't a mistake that it's 5years.

My question: kindly help with what she'll say when the VO ask "why 5years?"

Or does it means she can complete the MS degree within 2years but can decide to extend it btw 2 -5years?

5 years for an MS, not a PhD? I will advise sending a mail to the graduate coordinator asking why? The graduate coordinator might have thought it was a Phd during the call. His reply to your mail and maybe an additional explanation from the graduate school website may help during the visa interview. Imagine the VO looking online at the school website and seeing MS duration of 2 years. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 2:34am On Dec 27, 2017
femi312:
You are not required to have yellow card if you are travelling to the US. Only some African countries require this, so don't waste your money except they changed the rule recently
very correct, I was reading thorough Nigeria's immigration requirements and I saw it there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 3:27am On Dec 27, 2017
goodemma20:
very correct, I was reading thorough Nigeria's immigration requirements and I saw it there.
I don't understand what you are saying. You read through Nigeria's Immigration requirements and you saw that you need yellow card to enter the US? You might need to read it again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chukskid(m): 5:05am On Dec 27, 2017
Thanks man........

Can I get some enquiries?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by enuelsmith: 5:58am On Dec 27, 2017
folmus:

I think its better to let others know the help you want to render here. grin grin
If you can demonstrate that your request is genuine and that you have real intentions to write the exams has stated, i would personally help you with 50 percent of the total exams fees, payable in cash to your bank account.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bjayNL: 6:19am On Dec 27, 2017
I finished BTech in Applied Geology second class lower (2.92 GPA)
I seriously need your advice house...
1. Should I go write GRE and try get a masters degree at an affordable University, will I get admitted and will I also be given VISA?
2. I wish to do Nursing, can I apply for a degree in Nursing, will I be given a VISA?
At this state I'm confused, I have wasted a lot trying to process Canada.. I've been told not to try applying for VISA cause of the course I applied for else I'll be bounced...

Assist please...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 6:52am On Dec 27, 2017
femi312:
I don't understand what you are saying. You read through Nigeria's Immigration requirements and you saw that you need yellow card to enter the US? You might need to read it again.
you don't understand me. What I meant is that getting a yellow card is one of the requirements in entering Nigeria which is an African country. what I said has nothing to do with US grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Solomon27(m): 7:08am On Dec 27, 2017
bjayNL:
I finished BTech in Applied Geology second class lower (2.92 GPA)
I seriously need your advice house...
1. Should I go write GRE and try get a masters degree at an affordable University, will I get admitted and will I also be given VISA?
2. I wish to do Nursing, can I apply for a degree in Nursing, will I be given a VISA?
At this state I'm confused, I have wasted a lot trying to process Canada.. I've been told not to try applying for VISA cause of the course I applied for else I'll be bounced...

Assist please...

Yes sure. You can apply for degree. So you might write SAT and TOEFL/IELTS to increase your chances.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 7:10am On Dec 27, 2017
goodemma20:
you don't understand me. What I meant is that getting a yellow card is one of the requirements in entering Nigeria which is an African country. what I said has nothing to do with US grin grin
Okay, now I understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by temitope2598: 7:11am On Dec 27, 2017
k199192:
jus a tip for all spring students. You will need a document called "yellow card" at the poe. You may be charged extra if you don't have it with you.

This is not true! Yellow card is not a requirement at the POE. (If you do have it, that's fine...)
There's no vaccination requirement at POE. The specific vaccination required by your school will be sent to you and you'll be asked to provide evidence of vaccination signed by your physician or other Healthcare provider.

Some schools requirement might be different from others. For example my school asked me to provide evidence of some vaccination I had in my neonatal and infant(under 1 year) period and some additional adult vaccination which aren't present on the yellow card e.g Hepatitis B vaccinaton.

All you need is to provide evidence of your vaccinaton TO YOUR SCHOOL and NOT at the point of entry. The rules have not changed the last time I checked. I have been to the US severally on B1/B2 visa and I just came in again on Sunday on an F1 visa and no yellow card or evidence of vaccination was asked for at the point of entry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2017
temitope2598:

This is not true! Yellow card is not a requirement at the POE. (If you do have it, that's fine...)
Don't mind the guy, I'm sure he was reading Angola's POE requirements wink wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 8:49am On Dec 27, 2017
enuelsmith:
If you can demonstrate that your request is genuine and that you have real intentions to write the exams has stated, i would personally help you with 50 percent of the total exams fees, payable in cash to your bank account.
Bro, Pls I am interested,i have created profile
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by BornAgainMay: 8:52am On Dec 27, 2017
I no know whether olodo like me go fit go America go study..

I made 2.7GPA in Nigerian School and I would like to go to America for master's in Education.

It was actually my first semester that affected my GPA as I was given admission very late.

In the preceding years, I made As, Bs and Cs

Even if I can't get direct admission for masters.

Can anybody suggest, schools that offer PGD and when I am done, I will proceed with my Masters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Akins345: 8:57am On Dec 27, 2017
Please can anyone help with the link or thread on experiences for students entering USA at the point of entry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lamzee(m): 9:11am On Dec 27, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3666577/u.s-visit-port-entry-interview
Akins345:
Please can anyone help with the link or thread on experiences for students entering USA at the point of entry
https://www.nairaland.com/3666577/u.s-visit-port-entry-interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Akins345: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 11:06am On Dec 27, 2017
enuelsmith:
Bros I have sent you messages.

is it that you didn't get my messages.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ladson: 11:08am On Dec 27, 2017
enuelsmith:
Bros I have replied the mail you sent to me.
is it that you have not received it yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by triplebaba: 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
BornAgainMay:
I no know whether olodo like me go fit go America go study..

I made 2.7GPA in Nigerian School and I would like to go to America for master's in Education.

It was actually my first semester that affected my GPA as I was given admission very late.

In the preceding years, I made As, Bs and Cs

Even if I can't get direct admission for masters.

Can anybody suggest, schools that offer PGD and when I am done, I will proceed with my Masters.

Yeah .... there are school that will admit you into direct masters program depending on your GRE score. Study well for gre . God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by CertifiedGee(m): 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Good afternoon here... Pls I'm having an issue with my F 1 visa application. I was actually turned back at Abuja consulate for not uploading my passport on my DS 160 buy I did the upload that day and the selected location on my form is Abuja, but now I want to reschedule my appointment but I choose Lagos because the available date in Abuja is 18th of January and my resumption date is 16th of January. I hope it won't affect me and if it will, is there anyway to rectify it.... I need answers urgently please. I have rescheduled before I discovered the error. Pls epp a brother

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jofreddy7: 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hello House,

I was turned back at the entrance because of inconsistent DS160 number on my appointment confirmation. I called U.S customer care and I was asked to get another NRV because I had cancelled earlier on the 5th due to the late arrival of my I-20 form. So I purchased another NRV receipt next day from GTB in other to get an early appointment. Now on the 15th I scheduled an appointment for 19th being approved an emergency request, to my surprise, it turned out that I schedule the appointment with my previous NRV number.

Though my interview went well,
the V.O asked if I had studied in the u.s before, I said NO, also asked if this was my first F1 visa application, I said YES. she said this is strange. VO: I am going to clarify somethings and you should expect an approval mail by tonight.
she then gave me a white paper with a case number written and my I-20 stating I would need it.

Till now I have not gotten any feedback, I have been on AP since the 19th.

Now I have a NRV receipt that has not been used and wondering if this NRV issue could be causing the delay?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Champ10n: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hello guys. Great work you're doing here. I have a few questions regarding the US point of entry. First, is there a specific amount of money I'm expected to carry with me as I would rather travel light without much cash at hand. Second, my sponsor would be sending my school fees via western union before resumption date. Is that okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.