Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (921001 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2018

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TipsyJake(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
victree007:
Link to compilation of transcripts.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkt7zz6y583qhna/APPROVED_VISAS_Part_7.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nq0ft9sr52twe7/DELAYED_VISAS_PART_7.pdf?dl=0
Courtesy of @kfrosh
Thanks a bunch Victree007. Please, do you have links to other compiled parts. ?. Gracious!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dopekidd(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
Tunmise100:

Do this to avoid unnessary cost and "STORIES THAT TOUCH" :
Once it is submitted, it is submitted and it cannot be retrieved. I don't understand the rush many potential applicants have in submitting their DS160s too early when it cannot be retrieved after submission. For reasons like this I always recommend that people do not submit their DS160s too quickly until a few days to their interview to ensure that any mistakes made are corrected and all required information is entered to
avoid having to submit, retrieve and update new ones several times. You can't retrieve your submitted DS160 form but you can duplicate it and a new DS160 number will be assigned to you which you would need to update on your visa profile page. Visit the DS160 website, select Lagos or Abuja accordingly, enter the captcha code, click on retrieve application, enter your current DS160 number, enter your security questions. It would come up with 2 options: view submission page or so, or load a new application or so. Choose the second option, it would duplicate your current/submitted DS160 for you with all the info in it but with a new DS160 number. Now you can make necessary corrections to your new DS160. Do not forget to update the new DS160 number on your visa profile and reprint your interview appointment page bearing your new DS160 number or else you would be turned back at the embassy for the new DS160 number not matching with the old DS160 number on your initial visa appointment printout.Be
sure to update your new DS160 number on your visa appointment profile at least 2 to 3 days in advance to your interview date.
I meant to ask, after which i duplicate my DS 160 which would carry a new confirmation number, and i update the info on the interview appointment page. How do I reprint the interview appointment page that would carry the new DS 160 number without having to reschedule appointment date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dotman23(m): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
I want to renew my 32 pages expired international passport.

But I was told they have only the 64 pages available and that the cost of producing a new one is the same with the cost of an expired pass.

Please help, is this true.. It's needed urgently
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 12:55am On Jul 08, 2018
I have reaplied for visa interview after being denied last month. Now I want to get a letter from my current employer to take along for my second interview incase the V.O ask me what has changed in my situation or whatever. So that I can show him the letter from my employer stating that they need my service after my education so as to show a strong home ties.

Pls gurus in the house is this move adviceable? I need ur suggestion on this pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 1:44am On Jul 08, 2018
Dotman23:
I want to renew my 32 pages expired international passport.

But I was told they have only the 64 pages available and that the cost of producing a new one is the same with the cost of an expired pass.

Please help, is this true.. It's needed urgently

Typical Nigerian embassy/consulate stunt..really you're at their mercy when it comes to what they say they have available
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 4:24am On Jul 08, 2018
Dopekidd:

I meant to ask, after which i duplicate my DS 160 which would carry a new confirmation number, and i update the info on the interview appointment page. How do I reprint the interview appointment page that would carry the new DS 160 number without having to reschedule appointment date

Check for it. You dont need to reschedule an appointment. ALL THE BEST
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by myright: 7:40am On Jul 08, 2018
Dopekidd:

click "Appointment Confirmation" on your visa appointment page, then print.
Note: Use a PC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dopekidd(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2018
myright:
click "Appointment Confirmation" on your visa appointment page, then print.
Note: Use a PC
Alright bro, I'll get on that asap. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 9:45am On Jul 08, 2018
Chidon360:
I have reaplied for visa interview after being denied last month. Now I want to get a letter from my current employer to take along for my second interview incase the V.O ask me what has changed in my situation or whatever. So that I can show him the letter from my employer stating that they need my service after my education so as to show a strong home ties.

Pls gurus in the house is this move adviceable? I need ur suggestion on this pls

Still expecting a kind opinion from any one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Gokoyer0(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2018

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2018
Update time.

I have gone to pick up our passports.

Wifee and I received emails and text messages informing us to go for collection. She's not around so I picked on her behalf. The requirement to pick for her was to drop a photocopy of my Id. The DHL office does not have a photocopier so I made the photocopy outside in a car that is parked on the street for one hundred naira for a copy.

On booking flight, British Airways was our first choice but we can only take one 23kg check-in baggage per head in their economy. We fashi am based on say we want carry three bags.

We now faced Turkish Airways, Etihad, Emirates and Qatar. Screened out TA because it is the most expensive.

While the Dubai and Doha airports top the Abu Dhabi airport in terms of class and prestige, the have more traffic. Also, fares for Emirates and Qatar are higher than that of Etihad across most if not all dates. So I'll be booking Etihad for price and traffic reasons.

I have looked at the pricing of fares and discovered that it is cheapest for dates that are far into the future like 3 months+, and cheaper around 3 to 9 days before departure.

I am looking at booking a one way ticket to JFK for the two of us for $1,653 for any day between 24th and 31st of July. That is the lowest it gets to on Etihad when the departure date draws near. That amount is less than 600k naira.

On housing, I have gotten an agent to hold a studio for me @ $1,179 per month, it is available from July 17th and can be held till July 31st. The initial unit we were considering @ $1,022 available August 6 was given to another tenant. There are other units @ $1,022 that will be available by September, I might switch to the cheaper unit later.

The greatest advantage of the apartment is its location; I'll only trek for 6 minutes to campus.

May God bring all our hopes to pass.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bee17(m): 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
Northeastern:
Update time.

I have gone to pick up our passports.

Wifee and I received emails and text messages informing us to go for collection. She's not around so I picked on her behalf. The requirement to pick for her was to drop a photocopy of my Id. The DHL office does not have a photocopier so I made the photocopy outside in a car that is parked on the street for one hundred naira for a copy.

On booking flight, British Airways was our first choice but we can only take one 23kg check-in baggage per head in their economy. We fashi am based on say we want carry three bags.

We now faced Turkish Airways, Etihad, Emirates and Qatar. Screened out TA because it is the most expensive.

While the Dubai and Doha airports top the Abu Dhabi airport in terms of class and prestige, the have more traffic. Also, fares for Emirates and Qatar are higher than that of Etihad across most if not all dates. So I'll be booking Etihad for price and traffic reasons.

I have looked at the pricing of fares and discovered that it is cheapest for dates that are far into the future like 3 months+, and cheaper around 3 to 9 days before departure.

I am looking at booking a one way ticket to JFK for the two of us for $1,653 for any day between 24th and 31st of July. That is the lowest it gets to on Etihad when the departure date draws near. That amount is less than 600k naira.

On housing, I have gotten an agent to hold a studio for me @ $1,179 per month, it is available from July 17th and can be held till July 31st. The initial unit we were considering @ $1,022 available August 6 was given to another tenant. There are other units @ $1,022 that will be available by September, I might switch to the cheaper unit later.

The greatest advantage of the apartment is its location; I'll only trek for 6 minutes to campus.

May God bring all our hopes to pass.

Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by K234: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hello guys, is there anyone still waiting for pick-up notification of their passport and visa from the embassy, especially those who had their interview between June 24 - 29??
I've been tracking my passport and visa status since my interview on the 29th of June (my Visa was approved and the V.O said I should pick it up within 3-4 working days) and it's still showing that my "Passport is still with the embassy". It's been more than a week since my interview...Should I be worried??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
K234:
Hello guys, is there anyone still waiting for pick-up notification of their passport and visa from the embassy, especially those who had their interview between June 24 - 29??
I've been tracking my passport and visa status since my interview on the 29th of June (my Visa was approved and the V.O said I should pick it up within 3-4 working days) and it's still showing that my "Passport is still with the embassy". It's been more than a week since my interview...Should I be worried??
Our interview was on 29th June, 2018, got messages to pick up on 3rd July, 2018 and picked up the next day.

The white paper you were given says you can only launch an inquiry after 10 days of not getting any message from them.

Our interview was in Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by K234: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
Thanks..did you receive a text message or an email notification??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
K234:
Thanks..did you receive a text message or an email notification??

Welcome

Both, two text messages and two emails, one each for both (F1 and F2) of us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by abid4akin(m): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
frcxs:

Hello guys, i am yet to receive my I-20 tho it has been shipped and is expected to be delivered on tuesday, can i however go ahead to make payment for visa today and schedule my appointment for 21st July before it becomes filled up?

Sure, provided you already have your SEVIS ID and you are sure you're dealing with a reliable courier service.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MrCuteking(m): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by nelronaldo(m): 4:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
Please can someone help me with TOELF materials.
I'd really appreciate.
My email address: emmanuelemmabb@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Millzrozay: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Please my dad is abroad and my mom is in Nigeria I am applying for F-1 visa but my dad isn't yet a citizen but has filed in so my question is that is it advisable to put my dad name while applying or my moms name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
estelle6763:
This V.O was literally my dream interviewer, thank God!!
Apparently I didn't even see nor notice the collection paper with my I-20 until I was on my way home looking through my documents. I only collected them when he gave me, I was too excited to notice them � >_< People kept saying congrats congrats on my way out�

You're very lucky. There was a time some pre- students were denied. I'm not sure if this is still not happening. Probably the vo remembers his pet back home.... who knows? And you made your case clear too.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
Omonoba1981:

Let say, I got a two year B1/B2 visa sometime in 2016, I visited and left after couple of days. I have been to US like 6 times. The last time was when I attended 3 months classes for GED, wrote the exam and left US before my 2 year visa expired March 2018. Started the GED classes last year December.

Got you now. From what I know, visiting should only be for visiting. You can get community college admission right from Nigeria without sitting for GED. Write the NIV on nairaland about your case if you need to be sure.

Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2018
PrincessUy:

Thanks alot this is helpful
But u didn't have to use harsh words

That was meant for the person that likes clicking like for anything he sees.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Millzrozay: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Millzrozay:
Please my dad is abroad and my mom is in Nigeria I am applying for F-1 visa but my dad isn't yet a citizen but has filed in so my question is that is it advisable to put my dad name while applying or my moms name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
I have reaplied for visa interview after being denied last month. Now I planned to get a letter from my employer to take along for my second interview incase the V.O ask me what has changed in my situation or whatever, so that I can show him the letter from my employer stating that they need my service after my education in America. Pls can this show a strong home ties?

Please I need an advice or opinion on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Alphaman007: 6:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
LagosismyHome:

In America.... nope . This is not possible. To have MSC in nursing from microbiology bsc

I doubt that very much
Hello.. I have a bachelors in psychology and I'm wanna study MSc in physician assistant.. Traditionally I'm not a science student but i read somewhere that irrespective of your major, you can apply to study PA so far you fulfill the prerequisites.. Please can you shed more light on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by estelle6763: 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2018
Haha well thank God for the success and exception.
If he remembered his pet, that'd be cute smiley and yes it's best to make things clear..

imperiouxx:

You're very lucky. There was a time some pre- students were denied. I'm not sure if this is still not happening. Probably the vo remembers his pet back home.... who knows? And you made your case clear too.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
Alphaman007:
Hello.. I have a bachelors in psychology and I'm wanna study MSc in physician assistant.. Traditionally I'm not a science student but i read somewhere that irrespective of your major, you can apply to study PA so far you fulfill the prerequisites.. Please can you shed more light on this

imperiouxx would be the best to answer this.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2018
estelle6763:
Hello Everyone!

le)
V.O: Can I have your passport?
(Looks through it, then asks for I-20 I think).
Then says, what are you going to study?
Me: I'm going for my pre-veterinary studies at Berea College, Kentucky.
V.O: What is this programme about?
Me: This programme will help me fulfil all forms of requirements for veterinary school; practical, theoretical...and animal experience (Just tipped in this animal experience part randomly)

Congrats , good to read as this school admission comes with full funding so great choice .

There is a girl Rheenah from here last session. Hope you get to find her and network . All the best in your studies

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.