Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (920792 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
Chidon360:

I have reaplied for visa interview after being denied last month. Now I planned to get a letter from my employer to take along for my second interview incase the V.O ask me what has changed in my situation or whatever, so that I can show him the letter from my employer stating that they need my service after my education in America. Pls can this show a strong home ties?

Please I need an advice or opinion on this

No harm here ....so go ahead

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
bombman:
After paying the sevis fee ,can I go ahead and book an expedited appointment or I should wait for it to activated after two business days.
you can go ahead and book the appointment but your visa appointment date must be at least 2 days after you paid the SEVIS fee.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2018
goodemma20:
you can go ahead and book the appointment but your visa appointment date must be at least 2 days after you paid the SEVIS fee.

You can go ahead and book the appointment once visa fee is paid. SEVIS fee payment is independent of it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Millzrozay: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Please i need help
While filling my F-1 visa form I was asked if I knew someone abroad.... My dad is there ...he is not yet a citizen but he has filed in and he kept my name.... The problem is that I kept my mum as my sponsor.... So my question is that is it advisable for me to fill that I have someone abroad..... Please I need answers....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by frcxs(m): 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
ok thanks.

abid4akin:

Sure, provided you already have your SEVIS ID and you are sure you're dealing with a reliable courier service.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
Is it advisable to reapply for f-1 visa using i-20 issued after getting student loan? In other words, could the fact that you're financing your study via a US loan hamper your chances b4 the VO on the interview day?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by olabodeogun: 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2018
University of North Dakota

Announcements
There is an immediate open postdoctoral position in the area of biomedical image processing.

There are open positions for M.S. and Ph.D. students in the area of biomedical engineering, signal and image processing. To get more details, please take a look at prospective students page.

If you are interested in any of the research areas described in the research page and would like to join the research team, you can submit your CV and transcript(s) by email. You will be contacted if you need to submit your application to UND officially.

Visit http://engineering.und.edu/electrical/faculty/reza/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by drawingbook: 10:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hey guys my F1 visa is expired and I plan to apply for another one as I need to do some international travels. What are the likely questions to expect and how may I prepare for the interview?

NB: I20 still valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TESTIMONY47: 10:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
hello everyone, I graduated with 4.05 c.g.p.a from the department of education chemistry (I wanted to study nursing but was offered this course instead). now I would like to apply for masters of science in nursing, please suggest good universities and their requirements I can apply for, thank you all as I await your responses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by estelle6763: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
Thank you! Yess, I'm actually in contact with her, we'll meet

LagosismyHome:

Congrats , good to read as this school admission comes with full funding so great choice .

There is a girl Rheenah from here last session. Hope you get to find her and network . All the best in your studies

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by farcorn: 12:38am On Jul 09, 2018
tunapawizzy:
Good day people...my application was denied today at Abuja embassy...I plan to reapply as my school is resuming on 16th of august...I was interviewed by d young white lady at window 9; here's my transcript, kindly help assess;
Me: good morning ma
Vo: she signalled and says pass me ur document ( den I passed passport and I20)
Vo: why did u choose prairie view?
Me: I chose pv because the cis curriculum at pv integrates data science, electronic commerce and information security into d study plan. This will give me a well rounded exposure to advance my career as a data analyst when I return after my study. ( I wanted to keep talking but she cut me short.....
Vo: who is sponsoring u
Me: my elder sister...she owns an event management and catering services company
Vo: have u travelled before
Me: No
All through she was typing and m not sure she looked at me for more dan 2 secs

Vo: what did u study for undergraduate
Me: I studied physics
Vo: and u r going to study what?
Me : computer Information systems
Then she typed for like 30-40 seconds after which she passed my passport, I20 and a white paper dt states u r not eligible under section 214(b)
I was fairly composed during d interview but I feel I was not given enough chance to express my professional ties as I am employed
Please where did I go wrong...and what can I correct to improve my chances. How soon can I get a new date in lagos....my school resumes August 16

I may not have the best advise for you as I have been denied three times now. But I feel your reason for why you choose the school should be well repackaged; don't give generic answers pls; you were given a great opportunity to express yourself but your valuable points should have come in your first two statement; my last interview was not even like this, just 2 questions the black lady denied me.she did not ask who is sponsoring; nothing like why this school; nothing like all those questions u will expect for F1; was very harsh... So please put valid point first b4 others things... all the best

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jandedfelloh: 1:10am On Jul 09, 2018
GraceofGodfollo:
Thursday July 5 , 2018.

I left my hotel (same room i stayed for my last interview) at obalende to the embassy at around 5:30.. Got there around 5:45.. I walked confidently to the crowd.. I am sure they will think dis girl na jjc.. She doesnt know things are tough here, but I actually came to mark my third attendance within the past 7months, my first was Dec 5 then Dec 27.. Those are the days I was carrying Cleveland state university's i20 upandown. .
To kill my moral one girl was asking me some kinda questions like she already knew I be "Customer da da ni".. All my answers were I donno. (someone cannot come and give me bad memories)

Congratulations!!!. What is the name of your school and was your previous interview with Civil engineering I20?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by amajekodunmi: 1:19am On Jul 09, 2018
I need urgent advice on my VISA application

I was given admission already from the school and with info gathered from this thread, I also requested for TOEFL waiver letter from the school.

With the experiences of people, do I go ahead to register for TOEFL or should I proceed with VISA application with the TOEFL waiver letter with me?

P.S. I once sat for TOEFL 4 years ago.

What do you advise I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GraceofGodfollo: 5:49am On Jul 09, 2018
jandedfelloh:

Congratulations!!!. What is the name of your school and was your previous interview with Civil engineering I20?

Cleveland State University... Was the previous
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 6:00am On Jul 09, 2018
Hi, by F1 visa form u mean DS160 right?
If your Parents are legal migrants u can put their name.
But if your school is in d same place where they are, u hv to plan how to defend it.
Millzrozay:
Please i need help
While filling my F-1 visa form I was asked if I knew someone abroad.... My dad is there ...he is not yet a citizen but he has filed in and he kept my name.... The problem is that I kept my mum as my sponsor.... So my question is that is it advisable for me to fill that I have someone abroad..... Please I need answers....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by VECOH1(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2018
Good morning everyone.
Pls I would like to know if I can go with an account statement with a balance ending in May 22.My interview is next week.
Is it too far from d interview date?
Also I requested a recent account statement from my uncle and I noticed a huge (Credit)deposit in late june in my uncle's statement
I am confused about taking d new statement cos d recent credit may be a red flag.
Pls is it wise to go with d old one only and ditch d new one.
Thanks for your advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Alphaman007: 6:56am On Jul 09, 2018
LagosismyHome:

imperiouxx would be the best to answer this.....
okay thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 6:57am On Jul 09, 2018
BigUgo21:

You can go ahead and book the appointment once visa fee is paid. SEVIS fee payment is independent of it!
and so what happens when he stands in front of the VO and the VO delays his visa approval because the VO thinks he has not paid his SEVIS fee? Don't give advice when you don't know all the facts. Not paying your SEVIS fee for at least 2 days before your visa appointment date will at best lead to administrative processing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Alphaman007: 6:59am On Jul 09, 2018
imperiouxx:
This is not for you, PRincessUy but for whoever clicked 'like' for that your post. I see that some garbage people can quickly click like for any nonsense comment posted here. What she said in that post makes no sense and shouldn't warrant any like unless you're a nonsense being.

Now, this is for you. Like I told, career-wise, microbiology (applied science) is unrelated with nursing (healthcare). The only courses you would have taken before, which are also required for nursing are basic maths, general chemistry and general biology. Microbiology student (either bs or ms) don't do psychology, human anatomy & physiology and sociology. All of which are required before entry into direct msn program. This is what I mean by the vo knows you will need some prereqs to start msn and so he wasn't asking you about why you don't go for a masters in nursing. He was asking why are you going from one BS to another BS and not masters (microbiology).

Those repreqs I listed there are not part of microbiology (msc) curriculum. They can only be taken outside microbiology department in any school at anytime. For you to know I know what I'm telling you, I did my bachelors in biochemistry in Nigeria (took many classes with micro students), I did my masters in biochemistry in US (took advanced microbial physiology with micro students), I did my Post Bac for prereqs for PA school after my masters. And I did it in a large class that consist of all healthcare/medical students but no science major students. Now I'm doing masters in PA, this is the only time I don't take any courses with nurses because mine is medical field. In the nearest future if you want to do a direct msn program, you will have to follow the steps I followed.

If at this point you're still not clear, God help you when you're facing similar question next time.
Hello.. I have a bachelors in psychology and I'm wanna study MSc in physician assistant.. Traditionally I'm not a science student but i read somewhere that irrespective of your major, you can apply to study PA so far you fulfill the prerequisites.. Please can you shed more light on this..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2018
goodemma20:
and so what happens when he stands in front of the VO and the VO delays his visa approval because the VO thinks he has not paid his SEVIS fee? Don't give advice when you don't know all the facts. Not paying your SEVIS fee for at least 2 days before your visa appointment date will at best lead to administrative processing.

They are independent fees as he rightly said. The applicant is meant to go with evidence of the payment for both. The best advice is pay for both and have the confirmations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by goodemma20(m): 8:00am On Jul 09, 2018
folmus:

They are independent fees as he rightly said. The applicant is meant to go with evidence of the payment for both. The best advice is pay for both and have the confirmations.
And who does not know that they are independent? I guess I have already given my advoce.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chapecoense(m): 8:01am On Jul 09, 2018
Northeastern:
Update time.

I have gone to pick up our passports.

Wifee and I received emails and text messages informing us to go for collection. She's not around so I picked on her behalf. The requirement to pick for her was to drop a photocopy of my Id. The DHL office does not have a photocopier so I made the photocopy outside in a car that is parked on the street for one hundred naira for a copy.

On booking flight, British Airways was our first choice but we can only take one 23kg check-in baggage per head in their economy. We fashi am based on say we want carry three bags.

We now faced Turkish Airways, Etihad, Emirates and Qatar. Screened out TA because it is the most expensive.

While the Dubai and Doha airports top the Abu Dhabi airport in terms of class and prestige, the have more traffic. Also, fares for Emirates and Qatar are higher than that of Etihad across most if not all dates. So I'll be booking Etihad for price and traffic reasons.

I have looked at the pricing of fares and discovered that it is cheapest for dates that are far into the future like 3 months+, and cheaper around 3 to 9 days before departure.

I am looking at booking a one way ticket to JFK for the two of us for $1,653 for any day between 24th and 31st of July. That is the lowest it gets to on Etihad when the departure date draws near. That amount is less than 600k naira.

On housing, I have gotten an agent to hold a studio for me @ $1,179 per month, it is available from July 17th and can be held till July 31st. The initial unit we were considering @ $1,022 available August 6 was given to another tenant. There are other units @ $1,022 that will be available by September, I might switch to the cheaper unit later.

The greatest advantage of the apartment is its location; I'll only trek for 6 minutes to campus.

May God bring all our hopes to pass.

$1,179 is really alot for a studio. Which city is this?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 8:28am On Jul 09, 2018
LagosismyHome:

No harm here ....so go ahead

Thanks bro, but can u suggest me a better caption for such a letter?
I need ur help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Queendammie: 8:52am On Jul 09, 2018
Good morning people, please I have a friend in the US who wants to help me pay for my SEVIS fee. Please I want to ask, can the payment be made online through the western union website or is it only at the western union offices.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Queendammie: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2018
Good morning people, please I have a friend in the US who wants to help me pay for my SEVIS fee. Please I want to ask can the SEVIS fee payment be made online through the western union website or is it only at the western union offices.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 8:56am On Jul 09, 2018
Queendammie:
Good morning people, please I have a friend in the US who wants to help me pay for my SEVIS fee. Please I want to ask can the SEVIS fee payment be made online through the western union website or is it only at the western union offices.
Thank you

WU Offices

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 9:18am On Jul 09, 2018
Chidon360:

I have reaplied for visa interview after being denied last month. Now I planned to get a letter from my employer to take along for my second interview incase the V.O ask me what has changed in my situation or whatever, so that I can show him the letter from my employer stating that they need my service after my education in America. Pls can this show a strong home ties?

Please I need an advice or opinion on
this
How long have you been with this employer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by folmus: 9:19am On Jul 09, 2018
goodemma20:
And who does not know that they are independent? I guess I have already given my advoce.

And why do you carry canes on both hands because I clarified unnecessary arguments. wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.