Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914003 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
Matty91:
Are there any risks attached with traveling to Naija while on OPT Scared because of these Trump's executive orders.

On OPT, I wouldn't advise that you travel especially if you don't have a job yet. If you have already started working, the risk is much less but I wouldn't still advise to except really really important-in which case you would need to take a lot of documents along with you. Contact your school's international office.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by biikeys(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Kweeen:
PLEASE guys I need your help .. Is it true that having relatives in the u.s affects chances of getting a visa? My mum and elder sister are both in the u.s, they are residents and legal although my sister bears a different surname from mine..someone suggested I say no, I don't have anyone but I will need to fill my mums info in my ds-160? Is there anyway they can check her details and detect its not true ? I dont know if therea a eay they can do thathould I just mention I have only my mum, or leave both out and say no.. I'm really confused and I need urgent opinions please. I really dont want this to affect me..has anyone admitted that they have relatives over there and it didn't affect them or has anyone successfully left it out that they have a parent there?

If they are residents and legal, you should be fine. That being said, not including your immediate family information on your application when the embassy can easily access those records can look like you're hiding something and cost you your visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jolowizzy11(m): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2018
drpeppers:
Hi guys, I attended my interview today, 6.30am and I was handed over white paper with Administrative Processing ticked. My passport, I-20 and my dad statement of account was taken for further check. Could anyone help me with the link where I could check my status, as things progress and does Admistrative Processing calls for worry, if no, for how long could the visa be issued. Thanks.
please share your transcript..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ZinoDaniels(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ubah1:

How much was on the statement of account and what was the balance on your i20?
Ubah1 please I need your help and would want to text with you on WhatsApp hope you don't mind giving me your number so I could text you ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by krinsmal(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Please guys... I need a nairalander and someone contact in Buena vista university, storm lake Omaha, Nebraska in US. I jst got admission to this university and I want to make enquiries before taking further steps.
My email is krinsmal@gmail.com whatsapp:08098543767
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by learner007(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
For those who are yet to book, this popped up on my browser. You might find it helpful...

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by enthusiasm: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2018
My visa was approved last week and I picked up my passport yesterday.
I learnt from the transcripts here and I'm here to post mine.

Me: Goodmorning (passes him my passport and i20.)

VO: Goodmorning, looks at my I20 while asking where I'm going. '

me: ESIA. GWU for my masters in ** he didnt even let me finish.

VO: oh thats a good school.

me: thank you! my course i written differently in my document my masters is in ***.

VO: (nods)whats your academic background?

me: I have a B.sc in **** and afterwards I started working in *** ( he was just nodding)

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

me : 4. I went on to mention them, and also that I got accepted in all.

vo: so why did you choose this one?

me: Its one of the best schools for my field of study in the world.. I did my research using my field of study as focus.. I also chose it specifically because of the way the courses are tailored, we get to study in *** (nodding and cuts me in)

VO: yes yes I know about that. smiley
VO: So why did you choose this course?

me: I chose it because I want a career in ******* more than I want anything else. I'll be specializing in **** and afterwards I hope to work with so so so and so places.

VO: He just kept nodding and approved my visa.

It was a super easy interview and I smiled a lot and spoke phonetics. lol! I was anxious but I did my best not to show that. I prayed and kept praying even on the queue. It is and can only be GOD!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

me: thank you! my course i written differently in my document my masters is in ***.

me: I have a B.sc in **** and afterwards I started working in *** ( he was just nodding)

me: Its one of the best schools for my field of study in the world.. I did my research using my field of study as focus.. I also chose it specifically because of the way the courses are tailored, we get to study in *** (nodding and cuts me in)

me: I chose it because I want a career in ******* more than I want anything else. I'll be specializing in **** and afterwards I hope to work with so so so and so places.

It was a super easy interview and I smiled a lot and spoke phonetics. lol! I was anxious but I did my best not to show that. I prayed and kept praying even on the queue. It is and can only be GOD!

congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 5:44pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

I am sorry, but this transcript is useless to people who might want to learn from it. Why post at all if you wanted to censor the useful parts? ******** I bet you wouldn't have learned from the transcripts of others if they were like yours. Like I said, I am sorry, but we have to say it like it is.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Haryormeedey(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2018
drpeppers:
Hi guys, I attended my interview today, 6.30am and I was handed over white paper with Administrative Processing ticked. My passport, I-20 and my dad statement of account was taken for further check. Could anyone help me with the link where I could check my status, as things progress and does Admistrative Processing calls for worry, if no, for how long could the visa be issued. Thanks.

You can check the status here
https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

so and so places.

Congratulations oooo. When GRACE speaks it becomes easy.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

Congrats on your visa approval, but why are you hiding the details of the interview. I wish you rewrite the transcript in full. If others had abbreviated their interview details would you have benefited from their transcripts?

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

Why are you so selfish. If other transcript you read before your interview was skeleton they way yours was, you wouldnt have gain anything in this group. Since no one forced you before you shared your transcript, i think you should give full details of the interview.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

Congrats..
But this transcript is not useful to anyone ******. I am even ***** you posted this kind of *********.

Congrats again

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2018
tolatof:

Congrats..
But this transcript is not useful to anyone ******. I am even ***** you posted this kind of *********.

Congrats again
grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Danielaz5: 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
grin grin grin
tolatof:

Congrats..

Congrats again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jj17cv(m): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
Congratulations More Sucess to ************

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheGrandChemist(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
learner007:
For those who are yet to book, this popped up on my browser. You might find it helpful...
Thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
jagagbosa:
Good morning please has anyone going to prairie view a&m university gotten there i-20forms..please I would really appreciate if I can get a quick response

thanks

Yea, I will be going to PVAMU by God's grace...I got my i-20 since may, went for my ist interview in June which I was delayed. Then I re-booked appointment to be interviewed ending of this month. Class resumes by August 16
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by johnpablo541(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
Geedhey:

over 6M closing balance.. i-20 required $17k plus

17k is about 6million. I think you would have gone with an account with a reasonable amount left if your required amount is deducted.

I may be wrong though. Let's wait for the experts in tge house

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by babybutter: 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
folmus:

You can do this yourself. Go to the websites of the airlines; put your departure date, you will see the fare. Check one by one and choose the one you preferred

Thank you. I do know how to book a flight. I simply asked for a review of the airline (people's experiences). Thanks anyway. I appreciate the response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

Of all the transcripts you saw... How is this one a way to give back?? undecided

You should just say " thanks all I got my visa after following all your detailed transcripts".

And to think you already have your passport with you....SMH.

Congregation sha

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by winterstorm: 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
tolatof:

Congrats..

Congrats again

grin grin
Me too, I'm ***** dis*****ted

grin angry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

Why so many *************** .....

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2018
enthusiasm:

This is the kind of person who will never allow his best friend to copy from him in the examination hall. Grow up fellow. You must have gained a lot from here and now you are forming boss. You shouldn't have bothered sharing your encrypted transcript.

17 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by innamorat(f): 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2018
Good evening house, please i would love to apply for PhD program in the US.. Please what are the requirements and can someone give me an estimate of the finance involved
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by akanni4: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2018
He would even do better by deleting it.

Why are you so selfish. If other transcript you read before your interview was skeleton they way yours was, you wouldnt have gain anything in this group. Since no one forced you before you shared your transcript, i think you should give full details of the interview.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Quoran: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2018
You have to do this on your own. Use Google and search for your preferred program. All the information you need will be found. It is more productive to seek the opinion of folks here when you have done your own research.
innamorat:
Good evening house, please i would love to apply for PhD program in the US.. Please what are the requirements and can someone give me an estimate of the finance involved

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kingksb(m): 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2018
Congratulation!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Kingksb(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2018
Fan01:
Congratulations!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:50am On Jul 12, 2018
innamorat:
What course?

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.