Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (920240 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by quinzypearl: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
Glocal1:
Then go ahead and work on the way you deliver your answers.
You can post your proposed transcript here for correction and improvement.
alright I will do that.. Thanks alot...�
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by livvyBee: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
"Im going for US student visa now and considering doing valuation for my piece of land with stamp"

The only thing this can help you do is to assist in proving ties to home country.
You cannot use landed property to show financial status.

jacksonyito:
Good day people,

I was denied Canadian student last year for 2 reasons 1) they re not sure I'm a student 2) I don't ve financial n personal asset.

Im going for US student visa now and considering doing valuation for my piece of land with stamp. Considering the cost of valuation -25k+, Is it worth it? I just have the impression that the US embassy ll ve access to that info.

Secondly, someone was telling me that I need a reference letter from lecturer n employer, employment letter for the interview...re these actually needed cos I do not see any on people's transcript here.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Slevin2k8: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
imperiouxx:

Sponsor--- family is the best in my own opinion. If something goes wrong with the statement of account used for the admission before the interview, you can look for another soa within your family for the interview. My I-20 also carried 'family'. This is what I guess was on that young girl's I-20, the girl that said her uncle and sister are her sponsors few weeks ago.

This makes sense because I know someone who had family in his I20
And he mentioned his Uncle was sponsoring him...It might have been a/reason reason he was denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jandedfelloh: 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
gokuu:

And you want to apply to a PhD program? If you cannot do a simple google search, how will you cope with 5 years of incisive research?

Uncalled for. You can either help or read and move on. it wouldn't cost you your humanity to be nice.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 6:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nahum777:
Please which hotel did you lodge and how much?...enthusiasm..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 6:25pm On Jul 12, 2018
naira0:
naira0:

I've done that sir. Sorry I'm new here and didn't know how to go about it.
Thanks

Glocal1:
State the full details of the conversation you had with the visa officer. This will help with indepth analysis of your case.

Okay would do that. Thanks.

VO: Your passport and i-20 please

Me: Good morning and hands it over vo where will you be going in the united states me Southern Illinois university Edwardsville

VO: Why the United State of America?

Me: I'm not sure what I said here but she didn't let me talk for up to 10secs before cutting me short and repeated the same question "why the United States of America. I tried changing and rephrasing my answer but she cut me short again and asked another question.

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3: Southern Illinois university Edwardsville, Southern Illinois university Carbondale and Southwestern Oklahoma State university

VO: Why SIUE

Me: I chose SIUE because it is known for its excellent academic reviews and reputation as regards my field of study. Also, according to the US news and world report SIUE is listed among the..(she cut me short again and asked another question)

VO: You are aware you are going for a two year course, why invest so much time and money into this course

Me: I took interest in Geographic information system when I took a course in GIS in my undergraduate days. I was fascinated at how GIS could solve most of the problems facing Nigeria such as the ineffectiveness means of data collection, storage and record keeping...(she didn't let me finish before she cut me short again and asked the next question)

VO: Who's going to be sponsoring you?

Me: My dad

VO: What does it do

Me: He is a professor in the University of Ibadan

VO: How much does it earn annually?

Me: Over 500 000 per month

VO: You aren't qualified for a non-immigrant visa. This paper will explain more to you. (She hands me the green paper and I left) The reason for my denial according to the paper she handed over to me was no prove of family ties even though according to the DS160 all my family members are here Nigeria. cry

That's it o! Please I need your help guys. She didn't give the time to talk much. She was just cutting me short.� cry I'm guessing probably my answers weren't good enough. Please I need your help on better response to give to questions like this.

Thanks cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:
Good afternoon people

Please is there anyone in the house who chose to study Geography/GIS in the united state, has been interviewed by the VO and has been issued a Visa? Please I need your help. My interview is just a week away. The first issue is the issue of home tie and the second is pertaining to the course. I've surfed the net and I couldn't come up with a better response to *why the course?* Please I need a response as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance
You can contact our GRE registrar ; Ponpon, he is studying a related course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2018
jandedfelloh:

Uncalled for. You can either help or read and move on. it wouldn't cost you your humanity to be nice.

PhD is not a joke and very research oriented ... So i see that response by gokuu as a hint to put more effort

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wisepluto(m): 6:48pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:

Me: Good morning and hands it over vo where will you be going in the united states me Southern Illinois university Edwardsville

Me: I'm not sure what I said here but she didn't let me talk for up to 10secs before cutting me short and repeated the same question "why the United States of America. I tried changing and rephrasing my answer but she cut me short again and asked another question.

Me: 3: Southern Illinois university Edwardsville, Southern Illinois university Carbondale and Southwestern Oklahoma State university

Me: I chose SIUE because it is known for its excellent academic reviews and reputation as regards my field of study. Also, according to the US news and world report SIUE is listed among the..(she cut me short again and asked another question)

VO: You are aware you are going for a two year course, why invest so much time and money into this course

Me: I took interest in Geographic information system when I took a course in GIS in my undergraduate days. I was fascinated at how GIS could solve most of the problems facing Nigeria such as the ineffectiveness means of data collection, storage and record keeping...(she didn't let me finish before she cut me short again and asked the next question)

VO: You aren't qualified for a non-immigrant visa. This paper will explain more to you. (She hands me the green paper and I left) The reason for my denial according to the paper she handed over to me was no prove of family ties even though according to the DS160 all my family members are here Nigeria. cry

That's it o! Please I need your help guys. She didn't give the time to talk much. She was just cutting me short.� cry I'm guessing probably my answers weren't good enough. Please I need your help on better response to give to questions like this.

Thanks cry

In my honest opinion, i feel your dad's income isn't sufficient to cater for your studies. I await the feedback of others
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Glocal1:
You can contact our GRE registrar ; Ponpon, he is studying a related course.

Oh okay.. Thanks. But please how do I contact him. I'm new here. Do u have his contact so I can call him right away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2018
Your Dad's income messed you up. That salary cannot take care of your expenses and tuition. And he still need to take care of home

Dewumi054:

I've done that sir. Sorry I'm new here and didn't know how to go about it.
Thanks

Thanks cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
wisepluto:

In my honest opinion, i feel your dad's income isn't sufficient to cater for your studies. I await the feedback of others

But in a year, that would be 6million. Now i don't know what to do. I was told earlier by an uncle like that that if I was denied a visa before and I try reapplying, I should make sure the details or information i gave in the previous DS160 is the same as the one I give for the current application. His point was that there mustn't be any discrepancy between the 2. Now how do i change that. And besides, I don't have any other sponsor that could prove as a strong tie willing to sponsor me.

Please your advice.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
jelmusboy:
Your Dad's income messed you up. That salary cannot take care of your expenses and tuition. And he still need to take care of home

Really?

Too bad cry what do you suggest I do? I don't know any one else who can sponsor me without raising a red flag in the mind of the VO

I'm confuse. And its just 8days away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:

Oh okay.. Thanks. But please how do I contact him. I'm new here. Do u have his contact so I can call him right away
Search for his monicker in the search bar and quote him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
naira0:

I'm sorry. I'm new here and didn't how to go about it.. I've done that now anyways.

I'm sorry once again
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ponlear(m): 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:
Good afternoon people

Please is there anyone in the house who chose to study Geography/GIS in the united state, has been interviewed by the VO and has been issued a Visa? Please I need your help. My interview is just a week away. The first issue is the issue of home tie and the second is pertaining to the course. I've surfed the net and I couldn't come up with a better response to *why the course?* Please I need a response as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance
Sent a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:

Really?

Too bad cry what do you suggest I do? I don't know any one else who can sponsor me without raising a red flag in the mind of the VO

I'm confuse. And its just 8days away
Just relax and reword your response.
You were asked for annual income but stated monthly salary. I m not sure if the VO prefers stating the income in $.
Overall, convince the VO on why you are spending on getting educated in the US
Im not sure if you can talk about funding opportunities available in your dept after the Ist semester, if you can maintain a certain cgpa.
So many guesses and asssumptions Im making.
Also work on why USA?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2018
Glocal1:
Search for his monicker in the search bar and quote him.

I have but in my response, its not showing his monicker Ponpon. Its showing just a dot. I searched for Ponpon and quoted a his response to someone's question. Please wasn't that what I was meant to do? If no, can you please give an in-depth explanation on how else to reach him

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2018
Glocal1:
Just relax and reword your response.
You were asked for annual income but stated monthly salary. I m not sure if the VO prefers stating the income in $.
Overall, convince the VO on why you are spending on getting educated in the US
Im not sure if you can talk about funding opportunities available in your dept after the Ist semester, if you can maintain a certain cgpa.
So many guesses and asssumptions Im making.
Also work on why USA?

Really thanks for taking out time to respond. I'm grateful. But right now I guess the shortage of time or insufficient time to prepare is just getting me tensed. I'm panicking and I'm not thinking well. I don't what to say? I've searched and searched on reasons for choosing the united state to study
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
ponlear:

Sent a pm

Pm? How? How do I send a Pm here. Someone help me? I'm new here and don't really know how to use this site well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wisepluto(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
Who knows anyone writing GRE soon. I have a fantastic Princeton material that helped me a great deal. Will give it out for free, though it cost me some dough when I got it.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jandedfelloh: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
LagosismyHome:

PhD is not a joke and very research oriented ... So i see that response by gokuu as a hint to put more effort

I agree about the message, but he was unnecessarily rude.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:

Really thanks for taking out time to respond. I'm grateful. But right now I guess the shortage of time or insufficient time to prepare is just getting me tensed. I'm panicking and I'm not thinking well. I don't what to say? I've searched and searched on reasons for choosing the united state to study
I know you must have researched some information about your program /course in the USA.
Why do you want to go to USA? - To pursue Master's in your program.

Why do you want to study the program in USA? This US University has great facilities for research........... . Moreover, a MS degree from a University in US has high recognition in Nigeria and would help me establish myself in good position after my MS.
Quote authentic numbers from your program research to show how informed you are.
Talk about Dr/Prof you'd be working with and their current projects as well as the projects ' relevance to Nigeria 's development.

Don't just panick.
Rehearse your answers and rephrase them as many times as possible.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by keyke(f): 8:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
wisepluto:
Who knows anyone writing GRE soon. I have a fantastic Princeton material that helped me a great deal. Will give it out for free, though it cost me some dough when I got it.
Hello, I'm in need of it pls. Here is my mail kofoakinwale26@gmail.com.
Thanks in anticipation.
Kind regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2018
Wow.. Okay thanks and God bless you. Although I had searched that b4 but now I'm going back to search with a renewed hope and enthusiasm. Thanks once again. I think you have helped me solve one aspect.

I can't thank you enough.
Thanks

Glocal1:
I know you must have researched some information about your program /course in the USA.
Why do you want to go to USA? - To pursue Master's in your program.

Why do you want to study the program in USA? This US University has great facilities for research........... . Moreover, a MS degree from a University in US has high recognition in Nigeria and would help me establish myself in good position after my MS.
Quote authentic numbers from your program research to show how informed you are.

Don't just panick.
Rehearse your answers and rephrase them as many times as possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Trice2: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
Evening everyone, please a sister needs help here.
i got admission to study social work*MSW* in new mexico highlands university

The estimated average cost for 9months is 18, 536 dollars. How much am i expected to have in my account,, i Mean the least amount that should be readily available.

Secondly am using my bro in Canada as my second sponsor, do i need to convert his acct statement in Canadian dollar to naira?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dewumi054:
Wow.. Okay thanks and God bless you. Although I had searched that b4 but now I'm going back to search with a renewed hope and enthusiasm. Thanks once again. I think you have helped me solve one aspect.

I can't thank you enough.
Thanks

Just relax, your school and course of choice are good.
Work on your response delivery, smile, maintain eye contact and dress officially ;as advised on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2018
Sirtenburg:
Afternoon house, please is RSA and investment account acceptable by us embassy?

I need a response please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2018
Trice2:
Evening everyone, please a sister needs help here.
i got admission to study social work*MSW* in new mexico highlands university

The estimated average cost for 9months is 18, 536 dollars. How much am i expected to have in my account,, i Mean the least amount that should be readily available.

Secondly am using my bro in Canada as my second sponsor, do i need to convert his acct statement in Canadian dollar to naira?

I guess double of that amount, at least, or even more.
Bank statement should have the conversion from Canadian to US $.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2018
Sirtenburg:

I need a response please
Read this transcript, u will get d answer to ur question..

Hello House. Here is my transcript. Visa interview held on the 7th

VO: why are you going to the US
Me: to study for my masters degree
VO:Which school?
Me: University of Oklahoma
Did you apply to other schools?
Yes I applied to 5 schools - I named them
VO: Which course
me: Industrial Engineering
VO why university of oklahoma?
Me: OU is the highest ranked of the schools and they offer a specialisation in computational optimization which is an area am interested in
VO: why are you interested in this area?
Me: because I have recently been part of projects in my organization that are related to process improvement and suply chain systems optimization. Even though these projects made significant contributions to the company I realised that we could have done even better if we had someone highly skilled in optimization techniques in the team. I wish to fill that skill gap
VO: What do you do in (my company)? (I guess he saw my company’s name on my DS 160 form)
Me: I work as a (----) in the supply chain division
VO: how will you pay for your program?
Me: from my savings and with the support of my uncle
VO: can I see your bank statement and that of your uncle?
Me: here is my bank statement and here is a mutual fund investment from my uncle which he provided for my education
VO:What does your uncle do?
Me: I told him
At this point he examined both documents carefully.
Yes and he asked whether I was married and I said no. Also whether I had travelled out of the country before and I said no.
Then he said ok that he will put my visa on hold in order to verify my financial documents. He kept my passport and i20 and other forms as well. He brought out a white paper and ticked administrative processing and gave it to me.
I asked him what I have to do now and he said I should just sit tight that they will contact me by text message or email
I said thank you and carry my things waka
My Visa was approved 2 days Later.
Thank God

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kenneth4000: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
wisepluto:
pls send to my mail (ejicent4luv@gmail.com)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sirtenburg(m): 9:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
Smartconcept1:

Read this transcript, u will get d answer to ur question..

Hello House. Here is my transcript. Visa interview held on the 7th

VO: why are you going to the US
Me: to study for my masters degree
VO:Which school?
Me: University of Oklahoma
Did you apply to other schools?
Yes I applied to 5 schools - I named them
VO: Which course
me: Industrial Engineering
VO why university of oklahoma?
Me: OU is the highest ranked of the schools and they offer a specialisation in computational optimization which is an area am interested in
VO: why are you interested in this area?
Me: because I have recently been part of projects in my organization that are related to process improvement and suply chain systems optimization. Even though these projects made significant contributions to the company I realised that we could have done even better if we had someone highly skilled in optimization techniques in the team. I wish to fill that skill gap
VO: What do you do in (my company)? (I guess he saw my company’s name on my DS 160 form)
Me: I work as a (----) in the supply chain division
VO: how will you pay for your program?
Me: from my savings and with the support of my uncle
VO: can I see your bank statement and that of your uncle?
Me: here is my bank statement and here is a mutual fund investment from my uncle which he provided for my education
VO:What does your uncle do?
Me: I told him
At this point he examined both documents carefully.
Yes and he asked whether I was married and I said no. Also whether I had travelled out of the country before and I said no.
Then he said ok that he will put my visa on hold in order to verify my financial documents. He kept my passport and i20 and other forms as well. He brought out a white paper and ticked administrative processing and gave it to me.
I asked him what I have to do now and he said I should just sit tight that they will contact me by text message or email
I said thank you and carry my things waka
My Visa was approved 2 days Later.
Thank God

lol God bless you.. my I. 20 states 18k$ in Naira 6m plus but the both bank statement worth 13m.. guess am good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.