Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (920278 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ibitoye22: 9:34am On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=Damitex202 post=69599691]Pls house, I got denied for F1 July 3rd, now I av paid to reapply again and I click on visa priority n it said after 2month......n my school start 22nd of August.....below is d detail......pls wetin I
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by seyifrenzy(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2018
Good morning everyone. Una well done o. I have learnt quite a lot from NL. I have two questions on my mind. Please indulge me.

A) I won an essay competition and the organizer and oil company is sending me to study Public Health in the US so that I can return to Nigeria after my studies to contribute to our ailing health system (I signed an agreement to return and work in Nigeria for ,at least, some years). I have asked for the company's statement of account, and I was told I would be given. What other documents (or possible questions) do I need from the company? I would be going with my essay sef.

B) Cos I anticipate I would be asked "Why is your dad (an American citizen) not sponsoring you?", I have also asked for an Affidavit of Support from my dad. Although he is doing fine, he doesn't have much in his account. Do I need to take his account statement to the embassy?

C) My i-20 says Source Funding is family but I am going with a company's statement of account, should I be worried?

There days, there are very few days available for a US visa reappointment, and I want to go there armed to the teeth. Please help me..... Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 9:35am On Jul 22, 2018
patsodek:
Nothing yet. First bank.
This looks more than verification of account.

I think your bank is the one delaying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Damidolly: 9:45am On Jul 22, 2018
Don't complicate issue for yourself, just name you pastor as ur uncle
sam4jesuseva:
I mean to support me, I have GA and personal funding too. But he said he will support me with his account statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2018
Dos people can over kaku grin grin dem dey try run more checks on you as per your profile... It will end in praise

patsodek:
That is what I'm thinking bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2018
Hello house,

I paid my sevis fee with admission from a particular school and I got admitted by another school which I prefer to the first one. Is there a way I can update the sevis fee or I will have to pay another fee?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by akpumping30(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2018
plz, Can anyone tell me when Spring Semester registration will start
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Abacino007(m): 10:16am On Jul 22, 2018
akpumping30:
plz, Can anyone tell me when Spring Semester registration will start

It depend on the school you are applying to. For most schools, it must have commenced.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samuel60: 10:49am On Jul 22, 2018
Danielaz5:
No it isn't advisable. If you're praying God answers you and you're preparing to Lie you know they both contradict. All the best.

okay

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Smartconcept1: 11:13am On Jul 22, 2018
Abacino007:
Hello house,

I paid my sevis fee with admission from a particular school and I got admitted by another school which I prefer to the first one. Is there a way I can update the sevis fee or I will have to pay another fee?

yes, go to that page u generated ur payment coupon ,
u will see option of transfer sevis fee record or something like that,then read and follow up

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

Only one schl gave me admission and judging by d previous transcript, the chances are higher when u get admitted by two or more.

Hence I feel I should just tell d Vo 3 schools gave me admission since there wouldn’t be any form of verification whatsoever .
But a crucial question might be asked about the school you want to claim gave you admission...
Pls do sleep on this before doing this... You must also learn about the schools you want to claim to make sure they don't contradict your academic profile.. In terms of admission requirements

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 11:59am On Jul 22, 2018
Guy! Someone told you "Be smart" up there and you came up with those funny memes. Please if You are about to go lie to the V.O, plan that at the corner of your room not on a public forum like this. Wise up bro, we don't know who's reading your posts. Don't make things harder for those coming behind.
Samuel60:

Only one schl gave me admission and judging by d previous transcript, the chances are higher when u get admitted by two or more.

Hence I feel I should just tell d Vo 3 schools gave me admission since there wouldn’t be any form of verification whatsoever .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
The school confirmed this same account and the bank didn't use more than 2 days to respond.
Judgepelumi:

I think your bank is the one delaying
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
patsodek:
The school confirmed this same account and the bank didn't use more than 2 days to respond.
Your application will be updated before Tuesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
Amen ooo.
Johnolukolade:

Your application will be updated before Tuesday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AFK(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

My friend applied to six schools, got admitted to five the last one was asking for WES so that was incomplete application they denied him visa also yesterday 21st July 2018. He told them he applied to six and got admitted to five, the only question we can think he didn't prepared and he still answered correctly was which school is in competition with the school he chooses and he said they all have good computer science department. He has good standing in all his credentials, statement provided by his uncle,seven years experience, still single and genuine documents.

Just tell them the truth, God will favour.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samuel60: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
kfrosh:
Guy! Someone told you "Be smart" up there and you came up with those funny memes. Please if You are about to go lie to the V.O, plan that at the corner of your room not on a public forum like this. Wise up bro, we don't know who's reading your posts. Don't make things harder for those coming behind.

Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samuel60: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
AFK:

My friend applied to six schools, got admitted to five the last one was asking for WES so that was incomplete application they denied him visa also yesterday 21st July 2018. He told them he applied to six and got admitted to five, the only question we can think he didn't prepared and he still answered correctly was which school is in competition with the school he chooses and he said they all have good computer science department. He has good standing in all his credentials, statement provided by his uncle,seven years experience, still single and genuine documents.

Just tell them the truth, God will favour.

Thank you for your contribution and advise... You just gave me what I needed. Regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ekebs: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
It's written there. Case created, and case last created. Case created probably is the day you had your interview.
kfrosh:
How do you get to know when your case was last updated?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tavict: 12:22pm On Jul 22, 2018
Hello, please am really nervous about my interview that will be coming up by next week ... Have been denied twice under B1/B2 Visa application ( first interview Dec., 2016 and the second interview June 16, 2017)where I am member of a musical band to come and perform in New York but the VO advise us to go for P1 Visa

Now I got admission into Lincoln University in California for MBA in International Business, am applying for F1 Visa, I graduated in year 2015 as an accounting student, finished my Nysc in October 2016 and got a job last year May as an Accountant with a telecommunication company that partners with the network providers (AIRTEL,MTN ) as a major distributor and production of airtime ... My GRE Score is 277, GPA 3.26, my parents sponsoring me ...

Can you please put me through on what to do and my chances, what to say and what to avoid..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

Oga keep shut if u av got nothing better to say...I find ur quote insulting n I won’t take dat. There are several questions concerning how to tweak or go about getting high chances of been approved here on dis forum n u think only mine would spoil chances for others ??.. Abeg go sit down jare

I asked a question and also tried to to give others ideas instead of mentioning just one school.
Gosh!! bro why can't you see reasons with these guys pls take down that post why are you giving the us consulate more ideas on how to tighten their visa policy the more? pls dnt make things difficult 4 urself n others #peace

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samuel60: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
sunshineluv5:
Gosh!! bro why can't you see reasons with these guys pls take down that post why are you giving the us consulate more ideas on how to tighten their visa policy the more? pls dnt make things difficult 4 urself n others #peace

Okay uncle smart...can u now also ask all dose who quoted me to also edit there post too ??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 12:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
I'm very sorry bro. I hope you would be wise enough someday to understand the message been passed across.

Have a good day and success in your interview.
Samuel60:

Oga keep shut if u av got nothing better to say...I find ur quote insulting n I won’t take dat. There are several questions concerning how to tweak or go about getting high chances of been approved here on dis forum n u think only mine would spoil chances for others ??.. Abeg go sit down jare

I asked a question and also tried to to give others ideas instead of mentioning just one school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samuel60: 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
kfrosh:
I'm very sorry bro. I hope you would be wise enough someday to understand the message been passed across.

Have a good day and success in your interview.

Get d Bleep of my mention pls n stop quoting my post unnecessarily, ....damn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LadyCaty(f): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
Please someone should help me out here.. I have done my first degree here in Nigeria and i want to study another course in the USA as an undergraduate.. My question is what are my chances of getting a visa since is not masters program am going for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LadyCaty(f): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
Please someone should help me out here.. I have done my first degree here in Nigeria and i want to study another course in the USA as an undergraduate.. My question is what are my chances of getting a visa since is not masters program am going for..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Johnolukolade(m): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2018
LadyCaty:
Please someone should help me out here.. I have done my first degree here in Nigeria and i want to study another course in the USA as an undergraduate.. My question is what are my chances of getting a visa since is not masters program am going for..
That's a tight spot sincerely. Threading in that path depicts that you're against the tides and your chances for getting a visa is minimal. Why do you want to go for another bachelors?
Will your age favour you?
Nevertheless, it's not impossible.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
Christie0104:

I think there is something wrong with this school on particular. I went for my interview yesterday too which was the second time and it was not approved
Nothing is wrong with the school. Don't blame your inability to secure your visa on choice of school. VOs approve people to go to Lincoln University and some other schools. Defend your case and pray well.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by EconMajor(m): 2:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
seyifrenzy:
Good morning everyone. Una well done o. I have learnt quite a lot from NL. I have two questions on my mind. Please indulge me.

A) I won an essay competition and the organizer and oil company is sending me to study Public Health in the US so that I can return to Nigeria after my studies to contribute to our ailing health system (I signed an agreement to return and work in Nigeria for ,at least, some years). I have asked for the company's statement of account, and I was told I would be given. What other documents (or possible questions) do I need from the company? I would be going with my essay sef.

B) Cos I anticipate I would be asked "Why is your dad (an American citizen) not sponsoring you?", I have also asked for an Affidavit of Support from my dad. Although he is doing fine, he doesn't have much in his account. Do I need to take his account statement to the embassy?

C) My i-20 says Source Funding is family but I am going with a company's statement of account, should I be worried?

There days, there are very few days available for a US visa reappointment, and I want to go there armed to the teeth. Please help me..... Thanks in anticipation.

My opinion

Since you have a scholarship, the sponsor should give you an award letter that states the monetary value of the scholarship. The VO will compare the scholarship amount and the I-20 amount and if there's a balance, you may need to provide a personal financial document (statement of account) of another sponsor (preferably a family member) that sufficiently covers the balance. A young boy, going for bachelor's, that was interviewed before me presented a company's financial document and his application was denied.

Don't go to the embassy with fake documents. They use administrative processing to verify documents.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Mayflowa(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
AFK:
Good day NL,
Visa Delayed this morning 11:15am, 21st July 2018. I was interviewed by the black American lady at window 21
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: Pass me your documents
Me: You can have it
VO: you have another passport
Me: Yes
VO: can I have it?
Me: You can have it
VO: Why University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee?
Me: I choose University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee because of their proven records and powerful ideas, we have some notable people in IT industry that pass through UWM…. VO cut in
VO: Which other school do you applied to?
Me: Bowling green state university
VO: Do they admit you?
Me: No
VO: How do you intend to fund this programme?
Me: I would be responsible for the payment
VO: where do you work?
Me: I work with Bleep as an IT consultant.
VO: Am sorry…….blue paper and my documents
Meanwhile she gave three people before my turn, one guy with his son the boy is going to high school and the other guy she gave had is undergrad degree from US and he’s going for his masters this time and a lady in front of me going for master’s in Texas she was asked why the school and she said because they have good engineering school VO asked her who’s sponsoring her she said uncle Ben where does Ben works … I don’t know …somewhere on the island here.
I can’t figure out why mine was denied, am going MS computer science and I had ND, HND and BSC in Computer science with good standing and I have been working since I completed my service in 2011 till date.... God knows best

It is easy to see that you would have financial challenge in US. You don't have any form of scholarship. How would your salary saved as an IT consultant in Naira foot your bills for 3 or so years? Be truthful to yourself - How did you really intend to pay a minimum of 25 million Naira in 3 years of schooling? It is not like your company is sponsoring you and will continue paying you while on study. It is even difficult for Americans to pay for their college education by themselves even while working. They go to school on FAFSA loan to be paid back in many decades after graduation.

If you mentioned a relative sponsoring you, that would serve you better. At least the person would continue doing his work/business while you are in school in US.

Lastly, your telling that the other school you applied to denied you admission show how weak a student you are. By all fairness, anyone would likely deny you the student visa unless you work on these two points. Wish you luck on your reapplication.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.