Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914068 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

Get d Bleep of my mention pls n stop quoting my post unnecessarily, ....damn

I agree ... this is a public forum and is visited by the VOs. It already difficult don't make it worse for those coming behind

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2018
NefT:
Public announcement! Let us all be careful of what we post here. This is a public forum that anyone can have access to. I believe interview is getting tougher by the day as a result of some people's comment here.
Don't come here teaching or requesting for how to tell lies. Whatever you want to do, let it be within you and be ready for the consequences. AP is now common here because Ezeigboifo, -or what is that his name- copied lagosNiv and AbujaNiV on someone's misrepresentations and lies on this forum. Don't wash your dirty linings in public, a word is enough for the wise.
can you explain better?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2018
Husky14:

#Smiles... I am working towards that..lol

They are beautiful.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2018
Husky14:

Thank you.

You are right; I noticed most of the VOs that day were friendly and even gave people enough chance to express themselves. ...

Relax, your status will change to 'Issued' soonest.

A big Amen to that. What time was your appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jaked: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2018
@ patsodek, Tunmise100, TheGrandChemist, Tohlou, TheSuperladyy, Nitta08, Longhite01, ghs007, aribolseg, NeverSayNever11, PHUMEELAYO, ajxii, Husky14....pls help on my recent post...need a mock interview
Thank u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jaked: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
Good afternoon
Why don't we have transcript for undergrad here...only msc n mba etc...please share for us for people like us going for undergrad and also am going to college of staten Island hope I have chance..I have done 1st interview which was denied and have gotten an appointment again for august 13th..

Abeg ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheGrandChemist(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2018
imperiouxx:

Since you're the grand Chemist, hope you can teach me some chemistry cheesy
That transcript was a full load. Thanks
Hahaha
Thank you smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jibstimido1: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2018
femi312:
First, do you have any research experiences? you have a great GPA and a not too good Gre score. However, admission and funding are not solely based on one aspect of your application. No one can really say for a fact that you will get funding because funding depends on availability and only the faculties can really know. Because there was funding last year does not mean there will be again the next year. Some years ago I was considering UTA for masters too in Civil Engineering (Structures) and I found out that they don't fund students in there first semester, has that changed? I don't really know. I think not all there PhD students are also fully funded however, my advice to you is to send emails to the graduate coordinator and ask all these program specific questions. He/She is the only one that can give you an exact answer. Additionally, I think UTA Civil engineering has a pre- application for prospective PhD students, whereby you can do a quick application without paying a fee and they tell you if you stand a chance of getting admitted.

Side note:If you can re-write the GRE to get >315, please do so that you can have more options for direct PhD because your GPA is awesome. Had it been you have substantial research experience, your GRE wont really matter that much for a PhD application with this GPA (I am assuming you have very little to no research experience). You should consider top schools like Northwestern University (They allow direct PhD and if you don't get admitted, they admit you for masters), Virginia Tech (They don't allow direct PhD but I believe you should get admitted for Masters,however probability of funding for masters is low). University of Pittsburgh is also a good place to check, there is a Nigerian in the Structures PhD program and another (Direct Phd, Gre: 313, GPA:4.48) is incoming this fall, if you want to talk to them there might be possibility of me giving you their contacts (I don't do dms anymore because I cant remember my nairaland login details,).

What specialization in Civil Engineering are you looking at? There seem to be low funding opportunities in Structures but Environmental, Transportation and Geotechnical seem to do better in terms of funding. Which other schools are you considering? Make sure you apply to at least 6 schools, send emails to prospective Advisors to market yourself,apply before November ending, write a great SOP (I can give you samples) and get great LORs (LOR is more than 'he is a good student or he is hardworking'')

Hi Femi, please I'd appreciate if you could share those SOP & LOR samples with me. My e-mail is jibstimido@gmail.com. I am in dire need of fresh inputs in my quest. THanks a lot in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kekenation(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2018
No shaking my dear..... Just hope for the best. #durham_loading grin
lalahhh:
Congratulations!!! I did mine too on the 19th of July in Abuja by a middle aged woman putting on ankara. A very nice woman I must add and was placed on administrative processing I hope the next time I open it I would read Issued so I can post my transcript/ thanksgiving.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
kekenation:
No shaking my dear..... Just hope for the best. #durham_loading grin
Sure ... thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LadyCaty(f): 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
roniex2:
Good afternoon guys.
I actually went through some past threads of this Topic but I couldn't get my answer as most of the students applying abroad are graduates. Please kindly answer my questions

Are there schools that admit students into their undergraduate programs without SAT/TOEFL but just WAEC?
Also, Do I need to write TOEFL? Cos I wrote English in my WAEC and passed it.

I think everything depends on the school u want to apply to... But some schools dont require toefl but require SAT..I think you should take SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

Get d Bleep of my mention pls n stop quoting my post unnecessarily, ....damn

What is it?? Try cool down, at least for once.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
Tavict:
Hello, please am really nervous about my interview that will be coming up by next week ... Have been denied twice under B1/B2 Visa application ( first interview Dec., 2016 and the second interview June 16, 2017)where I am member of a musical band to come and perform in New York but the VO advise us to go for P1 Visa

Now I got admission into Lincoln University in California for MBA in International Business, am applying for F1 Visa, I graduated in year 2015 as an accounting student, finished my Nysc in October 2016 and got a job last year May as an Accountant with a telecommunication company that partners with the network providers (AIRTEL,MTN ) as a major distributor and production of airtime ... My GRE Score is 277, GPA 3.26, my parents sponsoring me ...

Can you please put me through on what to do and my chances, what to say and what to avoid..

Try go through some previous F1 visa interview transcripts posted on this thread. Hope that would help.

Best!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
LadyCaty:
Please someone should help me out here.. I have done my first degree here in Nigeria and i want to study another course in the USA as an undergraduate.. My question is what are my chances of getting a visa since is not masters program am going for

Normally, nothing wrong with that but concerning visa, it usually doesn't sound well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheSuperladyy: 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
imperiouxx:
I just have the opportunity to do this

@ Tunmise100, TheGrandChemist, Tohlou, TheSuperladyy, Nitta08, Longhite01, ghs007, aribolseg, NeverSayNever11, PHUMEELAYO, ajxii, Husky14

Cheers!

Thank you
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by AFK(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
Mayflowa:

It is easy to see that you would have financial challenge in US. You don't have any form of scholarship. How would your salary saved as an IT consultant in Naira foot your bills for 3 or so years? Be truthful to yourself - How did you really intend to pay a minimum of 25 million Naira in 3 years of schooling? It is not like your company is sponsoring you and will continue paying you while on study. It is even difficult for Americans to pay for their college education by themselves even while working. They go to school on FAFSA loan to be paid back in many decades after graduation.

If you mentioned a relative sponsoring you, that would serve you better. At least the person would continue doing his work/business while you are in school in US.

Lastly, your telling that the other school you applied to denied you admission show how weak a student you are. By all fairness, anyone would likely deny you the student visa unless you work on these two points. Wish you luck on your reapplication.

@Mayflowa
Thanks for your review and wish, I know she doubt if I can afford the fee which I think I can afford because of my study plan.
First of all, my school UWM already sent a job to me I am yet to honor it because of this visa issue.
Secondly, I have a company here that specialize in IT consulting and real estate service and I own 90% share of the company.
Lastly, I have been working for years now as stated above with personal savings.

Do you suggest I reapply for the Visa?
About the admission I have pending application which I didn't mention to her the status has not changed due to some requirements which I have not met (WES evaluation some other schools requested for official copies of my transcript).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
PrincessUy:
All ur comments on my last transcript has been very useful. Thanks alot to everyone who commented. But I would please like someone to volunteer to give me like a mock interview BTW now and tmrw. Thanks alot

Hey PrincessUy. It's good you've taken corrections. I'm sorry, I won't be able to do any mock interview with you because of my inadequate free time. I do receive messages asking for mock interview and I do tell them how limited my free time is. Don't restrict yourself to a particular person, try reach out to some of your colleagues here who are also preparing for their interview, they might be able to help you.

Best of luck in your interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ubah1:

Remember we have two Lincoln university in USA. One is a public university and one is private university. Lincoln university California is private and is lowly ranked, about 1611 in ranking. Lincoln university Pennsylvania is public university and ranked better, about 146 in regional universities north.
Someone I know got her visa with Virgina International University recently. Choice of school shouldn't be a barrier.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
NefT:
Public announcement! Let us all be careful of what we post here. This is a public forum that anyone can have access to. I believe interview is getting tougher by the day as a result of some people's comment here.
Don't come here teaching or requesting for how to tell lies. Whatever you want to do, let it be within you and be ready for the consequences. AP is now common here because Ezeigboifo, -or what is that his name- copied lagosNiv and AbujaNiV on someone's misrepresentations and lies on this forum. Don't wash your dirty linings in public, a word is enough for the wise.

This part I believe is inaccurate. Many decisions contributed to the reasons why AP is now common. I have a friend who traveled back to Nigeria to renew his F1 visa. He was placed on AP for about 1 month (he used dropbox to submit). This is someone who doesn't use this forum and who has been living in U.S for 2 years and still doing his masters program. I'm not saying what is posted don't get to the embassy officials. Remember that AP has always been there before now? I think the embassy is trying to adhere more to that rule now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by gracechellar(f): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
Hello all, poles I am in search of a university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
dilodavid:
Someone I know got her visa with Virgina International University recently. Choice of school shouldn't be a barrier.

Chances are rare. Dont gamble on that. Virginia international university, iglobal university and Lincoln university ca are red flags to me. Look for better schools. It's good to learn from others mistakes than gamble your chances

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
Jaked:
@ patsodek, Tunmise100, TheGrandChemist, Tohlou, TheSuperladyy, Nitta08, Longhite01, ghs007, aribolseg, NeverSayNever11, PHUMEELAYO, ajxii, Husky14....pls help on my recent post...need a mock interview
Thank u

This is the right thing to do. They are the ones with firsthand experience now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Maybe his course is on the technology alert list.
imperiouxx:

This part I believe is inaccurate. Many decisions contributed to the reasons why AP is now common. I have a friend who traveled back to Nigeria to renew his F1 visa. He was placed on AP for about 1 month (he used dropbox to submit). This is someone who doesn't use this forum and who has been living in U.S for 2 years and still doing his masters program. I'm not saying what is posted don't get to the embassy officials. Remember that AP has always been there before now? I think the embassy is trying to adhere more to that rule now.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ubah1:

Chances are rare. Dont gamble on that. Virginia international university, iglobal university and Lincoln university ca are red flags to me. Look for better schools. It's good to learn from others mistakes than gamble your chances

Calmus, Phoenix, DeVry used to be in that list before.

Though, Calmus is a bit better off the others.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
patsodek:
Maybe his course is on the technology alert list.

No, I don't think so. It was his soa that caused the delay and he was worried. He's now back in U.S with his family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
I will like to get more info from you bro. Check your email.
imperiouxx:

No, I don't think so. It was his soa that caused the delay and he was worried. He's now back in U.S with his family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Senatorbee(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2018
jibstimido1:

Hi Femi, please I'd appreciate if you could share those SOP & LOR samples with me. My e-mail is jibstimido@gmail.com. I am in dire need of fresh inputs in my quest. THanks a lot in anticipation.
Pls when ever he shares the SOP or LOR with you pls share with me. My e- mail is Senatorbioyeh072@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Samuel60: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I agree ... this is a public forum and is visited by the VOs. It already difficult don't make it worse for those coming behind

Why do you guys try to create or blow issues out of proportion... Must u jump into issues without investigating properly??.. Can’t u see av edited my post long ago ?? Damn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
Ubah1:

Check the transcripts of people who got i20s from the aforementioned schools. Most of them couldn't provide answers to questions asked by the VOs who interviewed them. What do you expect such outcome to be? Present your case well before the VO and visa will be approved with God on one's side because God factor is needed.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

Why do you guys try to create or blow issues out of proportion... Must u jump into issues without investigating properly??.. Can’t u see av edited my post long ago ?? Damn
Samuel, why would you ask such a useless question in the first place? Use your head to digest the responses you have gotten thus far and let this matter die a natural death.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
dilodavid:
Check the transcripts of people who got i20s from the aforementioned schools. Most of them couldn't provide answers to questions asked by the VOs who interviewed them. What do you expect such outcome to be? Present your case well before the VO and visa will be approved with God on one's side because God factor is needed.

Bros we are not arguing on this. Choice of school lso affects visa approval. There are exceptions of people that got their visa with this red flag schools doesn't mean we shouldn't take precaution and apply to Better schools

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
Samuel60:

I don't think this guy deserves to be here. He's so uncouth and troublesome. These are the kinds of people who would go and disgrace us in America. Very aggressive and insensitive. Just a simple correction and he started insulting everyone. You need help.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.