Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914827 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ajibade105:
Truly, did you abuse the VO? I want to know what you said. Just curious! Do you mind sharing your transcript here and what you said?

Hahaha, he said "I used the old DS160". He didn't say Abused, I thought it was abused the first time though lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2018
Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

How many days do I have to wait?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
Oh my bad, Am so sorry. I saw Ibused which I thought was abused. No vex, I just woke up, my eyes never clear. Just fill new DS-160 and book another appointment. You're a step closer to your dream. Don't give up...

Suppy083337:

I didnt abuse VO, i used the same DS-160 i used for my first interview and i suppose to fill new DS-160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ajibade105(m): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2018
Atmost 10 working days...Congratulations!

Nahum777:
Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

I've done that sir. Sorry I'm new here and didn't know how to go about it.
Thanks

Okay would do that. Thanks.

VO: Your passport and i-20 please

Me: Good morning and hands it over vo where will you be going in the united states me Southern Illinois university Edwardsville

VO: Why the United State of America?

Me: I'm not sure what I said here but she didn't let me talk for up to 10secs before cutting me short and repeated the same question "why the United States of America. I tried changing and rephrasing my answer but she cut me short again and asked another question.

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3: Southern Illinois university Edwardsville, Southern Illinois university Carbondale and Southwestern Oklahoma State university

VO: Why SIUE

Me: I chose SIUE because it is known for its excellent academic reviews and reputation as regards my field of study. Also, according to the US news and world report SIUE is listed among the..(she cut me short again and asked another question)

VO: You are aware you are going for a two year course, why invest so much time and money into this course

Me: I took interest in Geographic information system when I took a course in GIS in my undergraduate days. I was fascinated at how GIS could solve most of the problems facing Nigeria such as the ineffectiveness means of data collection, storage and record keeping...(she didn't let me finish before she cut me short again and asked the next question)

VO: Who's going to be sponsoring you?

Me: My dad

VO: What does it do

Me: He is a professor in the University of Ibadan

VO: How much does it earn annually?

Me: Over 500 000 per month

VO: You aren't qualified for a non-immigrant visa. This paper will explain more to you. (She hands me the green paper and I left) The reason for my denial according to the paper she handed over to me was no prove of family ties even though according to the DS160 all my family members are here Nigeria. cry

That's it o! Please I need your help guys. She didn't give the time to talk much. She was just cutting me short.� cry I'm guessing probably my answers weren't good enough. Please I need your help on better response to give to questions like this.

Thanks cry

Hello guys. I don't know if anyone remembers but I shared my past transcript(I was denied though) here just last week and sought for help as my interview was just a week away and fast approaching. My interview this time was scheduled for 11:15 21st of July which was 3days ago. I got there quite early around 9am. There was a long queue. I joined the queue and went thru all the proper channels for documentation. Finally I got to the VO and my heart was racing at first. I so wanted to be interviewed by the chinko guy at window 6 because he face looked cool but I was directed to window 8 and just as it was almost my turn, I wanted to run to the toilet so when I get back I could get another opportunity to be directed to window 6 but something pinned my legs to the floor and told me not to run. Anyways this was how the interview went.

Me: Good morning sir (with a smile)
VO: Good morning, are you a barrister?(with a smile as well)

Me: No
VO: oh! You are dressed like one(with the nicest smile I've ever seen from a VO).

VO: so you are going to study for your masters in Geography right?

Me: yes but I would be specializing in the area of GIS, Geographic information system.

VO: okay. Please excuse me, I need to get water

Me: no problem sir (with a smile. Although my heart was really beating fast. But while he was gone, I was really praying for favour. He got back and apologized for taking a break and I was like its no problem *with a smile again. Lol. Basically, I was just smiling all through)

VO: when did you graduate?

Me: 2016

VO: so what have you been doing since then?

Me: I graduate 2016 and I had to go for the compulsory one year national youth service which I completed not long. After then I did a voluntary youth service with One African child foundation

VO: okay so what did u do?

Me: I actually volunteered to make awareness on social media and I made financial contributions.

VO: okay so y do u want to study GIS?

Me: my interest in gis started when I took a course in geographic information system during my undergraduate days. I was so fascinated as to how gis could solve most of the problems we facing here in Nigeria. Studying GIS would help me sharpen my geospatial analytical skills and problem solving skills. But most importantly studying gis would help me kick start my career as a GIS expert at NEMA.. National emergency management agency.

VO: okay. I can see from your i20 that you are eligible to study in the united state but you have to help me understand how you re going to fund that. Who's gonna be sponsoring you?

Me: my dad

VO: he is a professor right?

Me: yes. He is a professor in the university of Ibadan, and he's also a visiting lecturer to other universities. He has other investments, he has a farm and a poultry where he supplies other states in the country with life stocks and agricultural produces.

VO: but as a professor how does he want to sponsor you? Lemme see ur bank statement.

Me: *Hands it over to him and was praying seriously in my mind

VO: (*He was just scrutinizing the thing o!) But as a professor, how did he manage to av up to this in his account

Me: like I said he is a professor and as a professor he has the ability to lecture at other universities at the same time. So he lectures in more than one university. He also has other investment. He has a farm and the poultry where he supplies other states in the country with agricultural produces and besides he has been saving up for my masters degree ever since I gained admission.

VO: okay that's fine with me.. So I would be issuing your visa. Come pick up your visa at this location I will be circling after 3 working days

Me: (with a very big smile) Thank you sir

That's it guys. Who ever said there's no God? There is my people cos to me, the success of this interview was just by his mercy. I was favoured. After being denied in April, I was so scared this time but with God and some amazing people I met here on nairaland, I was approved this time. He didn't ask me much questions. All the common questions I had prepared for like *why the US*, *why the school*, *study plan*, *y masters* and others. Although I prayed so hard but I also did my own part of preparing day and night. My transcript won't be complete if I don't mention these set of people God bless me with during this period, they also made this possible @Coloniel5000, @tolatof. Your sacrifice and encouraging words won't be forgotten. I don't know you guys facially but you guys are simply the best @Glocal, @wisepluto, @jelmusboy, @ponlear and everyone here on nairaland. Thanks for responding to my numerous messages and reaching out to help.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nahum777:

It is possible that it would be ready for pickup today, since the embassy and the collection Centre are in the same state. I got my visa less than 24hrs after it was issued. It took that long because it was issued in Abuja and collected in Lagos since the password will have to be sent to Lagos. Like I said, it is possible you will receive a pickup email today but the latest time will be tomorrow. Remember to keep tracking your passport. Congratulations on your approval!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2018
ghs007:

It is possible that it would be ready for pickup today, since the embassy and the collection Centre are in the same state. I got my visa less than 24hrs after it was issued. It took that long because it was issued in Abuja and collected in Lagos since the password will have to be sent to Lagos. Like I said, it is possible you will receive a pickup email today but the latest time will be tomorrow. Remember to keep tracking your passport. Congratulations on your approval!
Thanks bro. GOD bless your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by alabi565(m): 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2018
Good afternoon my fellow N/landers; I ve an important question running through my mind, I ve been expecting my SEVIS form I-20 since I receive the admission massage on 11th of July. My question is how long will it take to reach me cos there is no time again. Thnx help me out so that I will kn wat to do nxt.
Thanks looking forward for an answer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
Send me a Pm

oluswaggz:

Well said, i studied computer science so it’s different. I am yet to fill the necessary details in my visa application but I only booked the date by paying and starting the application, what do you advise I do so I won’t contradict the records.
Thanks for the input!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nahum777:
Ladies and gentlemen my visa has just been issued. Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

How many days do I have to wait? grin

Thanks nairaland, God bless you all for making life easy.

Wow!!! Thank God.
I'm happy for you.
Congratulations!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by lalahhh(f): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nahum777:
Ladies and gentlemen my visa has just been issued. Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Congratulations....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

Hello guys. I don't know if anyone remembers but I shared my past transcript(I was denied though) here just last week and sought for help as my interview was just a week away and fast approaching. My interview this time was scheduled for 11:15 21st of July which was 3days ago. I got there quite early around 9am. There was a long queue. I joined the queue and went thru all the proper channels for documentation. Finally I got to the VO and my heart was racing at first. I so wanted to be interviewed by the chinko guy at window 6 because he face looked cool but I was directed to window 8 and just as it was almost my turn, I wanted to run to the toilet so when I get back I could get another opportunity to be directed to window 6 but something pinned my legs to the floor and told me not to run. Anyways this was how the interview went.

VO: oh! You are dressed like one(with the nicest smile I've ever seen from a VO).

Me: yes but I would be specializing in the area of GIS, Geographic information system.

Me: no problem sir (with a smile. Although my heart was really beating fast. But while he was gone, I was really praying for favour. He got back and apologized for taking a break and I was like its no problem *with a smile again. Lol. Basically, I was just smiling all through)

Me: I graduate 2016 and I had to go for the compulsory one year national youth service which I completed not long. After then I did a voluntary youth service with One African child foundation

Me: I actually volunteered to make awareness on social media and I made financial contributions.

Me: my interest in gis started when I took a course in geographic information system during my undergraduate days. I was so fascinated as to how gis could solve most of the problems we facing here in Nigeria. Studying GIS would help me sharpen my geospatial analytical skills and problem solving skills. But most importantly studying gis would help me kick start my career as a GIS expert at NEMA.. National emergency management agency.

VO: okay. I can see from your i20 that you are eligible to study in the united state but you have to help me understand how you re going to fund that. Who's gonna be sponsoring you?

Me: yes. He is a professor in the university of Ibadan, and he's also a visiting lecturer to other universities. He has other investments, he has a farm and a poultry where he supplies other states in the country with life stocks and agricultural produces.

VO: but as a professor how does he want to sponsor you? Lemme see ur bank statement.

VO: (*He was just scrutinizing the thing o!) But as a professor, how did he manage to av up to this in his account

Me: like I said he is a professor and as a professor he has the ability to lecture at other universities at the same time. So he lectures in more than one university. He also has other investment. He has a farm and the poultry where he supplies other states in the country with agricultural produces and besides he has been saving up for my masters degree ever since I gained admission.

VO: okay that's fine with me.. So I would be issuing your visa. Come pick up your visa at this location I will be circling after 3 working days

That's it guys. Who ever said there's no God? There is my people cos to me, the success of this interview was just by his mercy. I was favoured. After being denied in April, I was so scared this time but with God and some amazing people I met here on nairaland, I was approved this time. He didn't ask me much questions. All the common questions I had prepared for like *why the US*, *why the school*, *study plan*, *y masters* and others. Although I prayed so hard but I also did my own part of preparing day and night. My transcript won't be complete if I don't mention these set of people God bless me with during this period, they also made this possible @Coloniel5000, @tolatof. Your sacrifice and encouraging words won't be forgotten. I don't know you guys facially but you guys are simply the best @Glocal, @wisepluto, @jelmusboy, @ponlear and everyone here on nairaland. Thanks for responding to my numerous messages and reaching out to help.

Congratulations dear. That's just undiluted favor. and I think you were more confident this time around. if you had stopped talking when he asked about your dad's account, that would have been disastrous. congrats once again.

I almost forgot. ..Tolatof for President 2019. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Nahum777:

Congratulations man. so happy for you. I wish you all the best. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tunz001(m): 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
Anyone here with an information about Eastern new Mexico university?

Please!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dewumi054(f): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
doublezero7:

Congratulations dear. That's just undiluted favor. and I think you were more confident this time around. if you had stopped talking when he asked about your dad's account, that would have been disastrous. congrats once again.

I almost forgot. ..Tolatof for President 2019. grin

Yeah.. True. Thank God sha. Thanks.. And by the way, I support you grin Tolatof for President 2019 grin lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
doublezero7:

Congratulations man. so happy for you. I wish you all the best. smiley
Thank you. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2018
lalahhh:

Congratulations....
Thanks. God bless you.

1 Like

Nitta08:

Wow!!! Thank God.
I'm happy for you.
Congratulations!!!
Thanks God bless you..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 2:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

my numerous messages and reaching out to help.

congrats..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

Congrats this is Grace!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Send me a Pm

I just did bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

Yeah.. True. Thank God sha. Thanks.. And by the way, I support you grin Tolatof for President 2019 grin lol

haha, more wins to come..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

lmao..this guy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by doublezero7(m): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2018
Dewumi054:

Yes o. I wish you all the best dear. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 3:57pm On Jul 24, 2018
alabi565:
Good afternoon my fellow N/landers; I ve an important question running through my mind, I ve been expecting my SEVIS form I-20 since I receive the admission massage on 11th of July. My question is how long will it take to reach me cos there is no time again. Thnx help me out so that I will kn wat to do nxt.
Thanks looking forward for an answer

Have you paid the shipping fee? I'll suggest you call or send an mail to the international student office to ask about the I-20. Act fast because there is really no time. You can also ask for your SEVIS ID and school code so you can pay your SEVIS fee and book an appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Omonoba1981(f): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Seems no one here has idea about procedure for student that are applying for associate degree and what their chances are. And what are likely question to expect.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
I've replied u

oluswaggz:

I just did bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Blackdiiamond01(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
Teaser0904:
:02pm On Jul 02

Those Vos are not smiling at all,may God help us all.I was denied but i am going to fire back and it will surely end in praise for me.Amen

Not sharing transcript till i got my visa,we die there. 
Modified

Visa approved last last after i was denied in may3 and june1.Visa was approved on july 20,placed on Ap and i got my stamped passport today.

Transcript loading 1% grin grin

Please just wanted to ask how you went about the " visa priority " part for the interview appointment. May.. June.. July. You didn't wait for 2months. Stuck there rn and I'm confused. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ghs007(m): 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
Omonoba1981:
Seems no one here has idea about procedure for student that are applying for associate degree and what their chances are. And what are likely question to expect.

It is normally said on this thread that it is harder to get a visa when going for an associate degree but I believe you will get your visa as far as you present yourself well to the consular officer.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
tolatof:

lmao..this guy
Thanks once again bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2018
Omonoba1981:

You can get Visa for anything and everything..
Just prepare, prepare and prepare...
Have strong, convincing but short answers..

pray for favor too (very important)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.