Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (914809 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nitta08(f): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2018
Please who knows how the layover with AirMaroc is? Do they provide a place to chill while waiting or will one have to sit at the airport? Do they provide food? What is it like? My mind is doing me somehow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by promzyphyno(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2018
tunz001:

Sure I am...I am actually applying for an undergraduate degree in computer science...
Thanks for ur reply sir!

hello bro,i am also preparing my application for undergraduate degree in computer science...can i pm you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 10:05am On Jul 25, 2018
In-flight entertainment of Royal Air Maroc is zero, food not great. I don't think I will choose them anymore except I am a cash-strapped
Nitta08:
Please who knows how the layover with AirMaroc is? Do they provide a place to chill while waiting or will one have to sit at the airport? Do they provide food? What is it like? My mind is doing me somehow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jelmusboy(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2018
Morning guys, kindly advice.

My I-20 stated that I will be using family as my funding source for PhD. Fortunately for me, I got a funding guarantee letter from my department awarding me $18k as stipend for one year. My total fee is $32k inclusive of tuition, living expenses and books.

Is it advisable to take my uncle's company account statement for interview to show that he will cover the remaining cost?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2018
number does not exist. drop your inquiry here, I would respond ASAP.

[quote author=Chidon360 post=69684791][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wisepluto(m): 11:33am On Jul 25, 2018
Cheers YoungTesla.

We have a lot in common based on your transcript.

I should send you a mail and hope to share my phone number in the mail as well.

Best regards in the US.

Tunmise100:

Congratulations. Go and excel!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by wisepluto(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2018
Pls, what was your GRE and TOEFL score respectively?

aamstih:
Was interviewed by a white guy, can't recall his window number, I was the second person he interviewed, the first was approved, she was representing her coy for a music stuff.

Me: Good morning
Vo: Pass me your documents

Me: Good morning and I passed them.
Vo: Good morning and how are you.

Me: Fine

Vo: Where are you going to?
Me: Texas A&M University

Vo: Tell me about your Educational Background.

Me: I studied Environmental Technology at the Federal University of Technology.

Vo: I see, you graduated in 2012, what have you been doing since then.

Me: Currently, I am working with ***** as the Environment, Occupational Health, and Safety Officer.

Vo: What do you plan to do after studies.

Me: I am coming back to my present employers

Vo: Are you on study leave?

Me: Not at the moment, the process would be finalized on the approval of my visa and I have a 'no objection letter' from them here (I tried making a move to bring it out).

Vo: Don't worry keep your documents

Vo: Did you apply to just this school?

Me: No, I applied to Eastern Illinois Uni, University of San Francisco, and Tamuk

Vo: What is the similarity between these schools?

Me: The three schools posses great pro-environmental initiatives; EIU possess a biomass reserach centre which generates power to the whole school while Tamuk has has an institute of sustainable energy and the environment... Kind of cuts me off

Vo: why Tamuk-

Me: Sincerely sir, ( I didn't believe I had to say this), it is because of the Institute of sustainable energy and the environment which is dedicated to research and innovation in the field of Air Quality, sustainable energy, water resources, and Environmental Sustainability. Sir, you can agree with me that these are the current environment all challenges we face in Nigeria and even in the world at large, Tamuk has a Javelina sustainability community (didn't even explain the significance) and I was also offered an out-of-state tuition waiver... I forgot to mention the relevance of some of the courses on the curriculum to the current global environmental challenges.

Vo: Did you do any tests?

Me: Yes sir... I did the GRE and TOEFL.

Vo: are you with your score sheet? let me see it.

Me: presented both GRE and TOEFL, he looked at the GRE alone.

Who would be paying: I got an out of state tuition waiver and my mum would ... cuts me off

VO: yeah... Your out of state is just 1/3rd, who would pay the rest?

Me: my mum

Vo: What does she do?

Me: she's the school administrator of ****** and she's into real estate (it is an estate account).

Vo: Is she the owner of the school?

Me: No, she is in charge of running it ( I forgot to mention the organisation that owns it)

Vo: Do you have her account statement?

Me Yes, here it is.

Vo: Who is Dr. *****

Me: My late dad, my mum currently runs the account.

Vo: you would be picking your visa at the circled location.

Me: thank you, sir.

I thank God for success...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tunz001(m): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
promzyphyno:

hello bro,i am also preparing my application for undergraduate degree in computer science...can i pm you?

Sure..but mind you ,I am still a novice here too. Which school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
GRE, Toefl for the exams.... solid letter of recommendation and SOP with 'Smart application techniques'.

Which school and department did you grad?

mayd16:
good morning guys, please which exam can a 3.49 CGPA graduate write to get a full tuition waiver for masters.

URGENT PLEASE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
Pleeas I kindly need your advice, if an applicant was denied a visa, 2 months ago, but want to reapply in filling the new DS-160 form, his status has changed.like salary from 85k to 110k, from unmarried to married, has traveled to two neighbouring African countries, in an interval of 3 months, will this create suspicious tendencies at the embassy during visa interview by the vo. what your suggestions and recommendations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by promzyphyno(m): 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
tunz001:

Sure..but mind you ,I am still a novice here too. Which school?

I have just two school in mind for now, illinois state university and alcorn state university.........When two novice are in the company of veterans,then we don't have any issue i guess....lolz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Horlartunes: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Visa DENIED YESTERDAY AT ABUJA EMBASSY..WINDOW 8 BY ONE OLD LOOKING WOMAN. JUST WENT TO. HOME AND CRIED WHERE DO I START FROM AGAIN

WHAT I THINK bleeped ME UP IS WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING SINCE 2014 I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL IT Bleep ME UP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by aamstih: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Q156 V150 AWA 3.5.... TOEFL... 102

wisepluto:
Pls, what was your GRE and TOEFL score respectively?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Horlartunes:
Visa DENIED YESTERDAY AT ABUJA EMBASSY..WINDOW 8 BY ONE OLD LOOKING WOMAN. JUST WENT TO. HOME AND CRIED WHERE DO I START FROM AGAIN

WHAT I THINK bleeped ME UP IS WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING SINCE 2014 I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL IT Bleep ME UP
Drop your transcript and we will try to help. Don't give up, refire bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
patsodek:
My brother na same same.
Guess they are doing further checks. This one pass statement of account verification. I believe I will get the visa before my program start date. I will just have to reschedule my flight. God knows best.

This issue will be resolved. I told you of a renewal that takes long on AP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thanks thirdpage
I guess so too grin grin grin
thirdpage:

Congrats. You really killed it! If you'd said you'll go for PhD I think the VO will still approve your visa. And he really drilled you. Ya smart though!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
thirdpage:

Congrats. You really killed it! If you'd said you'll go for PhD I think the VO will still approve your visa. And he really drilled you. Ya smart though!

Yea. I like that the VO tries to put the option to him for consideration. He sounds like a smart student.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2018
Amen!!
Thanks so much dear.
God Bless us all grin grin
Bobority:

Oya naaa see smart answers!!! You do not know how happy I am and how long I have been waiting to hear this. God bless your new journey bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thanks so much bro.
Balling cheesy cheesy grin grin
learner007:

God is greaaaatttt!!!! I have been waiting for this news. You don't know how happy I am tonight, bro. This is well deserved. Oya make we go ball for Illinois jare...Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
Boss I hail o.
Thank you for your consistent input here. You have been more than helpful to many people. God Bless You!
I actually felt natural with those response. cheesy cheesy and I guess he wanted me to consider the PhD stuff.
imperiouxx:

I like this part. You can't be forced but the VO knows you may likely consider that option later. Also you were smart with your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Positivity101: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
Anybody going to Maryland?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2018
And I got to get this smiley cheesy cheesy
Thanks Boss
imperiouxx:
@ Nahum777, Dewumi054, YoungTesla, paulbets

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
Tunmise100 and Olalekank
Thank you!
And God Bless

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
paulbets:
Tunmise100 and Olalekank
Thank you!
And God Bless
Congrats bro. Have you been sent a message to come for your visa? Are they still telling you that your passport is still with the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chidon360: 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
MY VISA WAS DELAYED ON 19TH OF JUNE, PLS SCRUTINIZE MY TRANSCRIPT BELOW & PROFFER CORRECTION, AS I WILL BE GOING FOR ANOTHER INTERVIEW BY NEXT WEEK .

Me--- Good morning ma
Vo. Good morning pass me ur passport
Me ...I did

Vo....Oh, am sorry and ur i-20
Me....I did,

Vo...what will this degree for for u?
(Mehn i was confuse because i wasn't expecting such question that early, then I form asif I no hear her & I ask her to repeat, which she did)
Me....I then , told her the degree in Civil engineering will enable me attain a position of a project engineer in my current place of work when I return to Nigeria and secondly as I wish to establish my own construction firm in future , the degree will help me stand competitively in the Nigerian construction sector where I will contribute to the economic development of Nigeria, by being an employer of labour & also impact positively in ameliorating the incessant number of building collapse in Nigeria.

Vo.....how many schools did u apply
Me....I told her 3 schools

Vo...then she asked why did u chose this school?
Me....I told her I chose Prairie View A & M university because the tuition fees is quite affordable compared to the other schools I applied & it meets my Dad's budget for my education & also I got interested in an active research being conducted in my department by Professor.....she cuts me off

Vo....who Is sponsoring you
Me....I told him my Dad & he works at XYZ company here in VI

VO....can I see his statement of account
Me....I pass it to to her , which she later gave me back

Vo....what's ur high school degree & when did u graduate?

Me...Bsc in quantity surveying & i graduated in 2013 at IMO state university

Vo...what have u been doing since then?
Me...I have been working with a construction firm.

Vo...Did u write any entrance exam?
Me...yes, I wrote GRE.
VO...Let me see the result sheet
Me....I brought out the result and pass to her(though my score was too poor 282). She went through it and pass it back to me
Vo...then she ask what was the requirements for this course
Me...I told her my course is scheduled to last for 21 months and I have to complete my 30 credit units prior to graduation in courses like.... I mention the courses. ..she started typing on her system , after that , I was landed with a blue paper.

Pls my luvly pple read and point out my errors & possible corrections and hints to pass my oncoming interview. Will be very grateful. Looking forward to ur corrections.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nahum777:
Congrats bro. Have you been sent a message to come for your visa? Are they still telling you that your passport is still with the embassy?
Thanks bro. Yes I have got the message.
After your status says "Issued'. Give it 24hrs to 36hrs, you will get the email and sms for pickup.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
Enasdan:
Pleeas I kindly need your advice, if an applicant was denied a visa, 2 months ago, but want to reapply in filling the new DS-160 form, his status has changed.like salary from 85k to 110k, from unmarried to married, has traveled to two neighbouring African countries, in an interval of 3 months, will this create suspicious tendencies at the embassy during visa interview by the vo. what your suggestions and recommendations.
please anyone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
Chidon360:
MY VISA WAS DELAYED ON 19TH OF JUNE, PLS SCRUTINIZE MY TRANSCRIPT BELOW & PROFFER CORRECTION, AS I WILL BE GOING FOR ANOTHER INTERVIEW BY NEXT WEEK .

Me--- Good morning ma
Vo. Good morning pass me ur passport
Me ...I did

Vo....Oh, am sorry and ur i-20
Me....I did,

Vo...what will this degree for for u?
(Mehn i was confuse because i wasn't expecting such question that early, then I form asif I no hear her & I ask her to repeat, which she did)
Me....I then , told her the degree in Civil engineering will enable me attain a position of a project engineer in my current place of work when I return to Nigeria and secondly as I wish to establish my own construction firm in future , the degree will help me stand competitively in the Nigerian construction sector where I will contribute to the economic development of Nigeria, by being an employer of labour & also impact positively in ameliorating the incessant number of building collapse in Nigeria.

Vo.....how many schools did u apply
Me....I told her 3 schools

Vo...then she asked why did u chose this school?
Me....I told her I chose Prairie View A & M university because the tuition fees is quite affordable compared to the other schools I applied & it meets my Dad's budget for my education & also I got interested in an active research being conducted in my department by Professor.....she cuts me off

Vo....who Is sponsoring you
Me....I told him my Dad & he works at XYZ company here in VI

VO....can I see his statement of account
Me....I pass it to to her , which she later gave me back

Vo....what's ur high school degree & when did u graduate?

Me...Bsc in quantity surveying & i graduated in 2013 at IMO state university

Vo...what have u been doing since then?
Me...I have been working with a construction firm.

Vo...Did u write any entrance exam?
Me...yes, I wrote GRE.
VO...Let me see the result sheet
Me....I brought out the result and pass to her(though my score was too poor 282). She went through it and pass it back to me
Vo...then she ask what was the requirements for this course
Me...I told her my course is scheduled to last for 21 months and I have to complete my 30 credit units prior to graduation in courses like.... I mention the courses. ..she started typing on her system , after that , I was landed with a blue paper.

Pls my luvly pple read and point out my errors & possible corrections and hints to pass my oncoming interview. Will be very grateful. Looking forward to ur corrections.
The bold was not a very great answer. You picked the school because of its affordability and not its quality, at least you should have presented a strong argument and then chip in the affordability talk. Find a way to relate your course with the school, how will the school help you grow in that specific course? Is there a specific professor who caught your attention and is doing really well in your area of interest? Did the school give you funding? How can their program help you achieve your goals? You have to personalize your answers, these VOs hear the same crap every single day and they might deny you for responding the same way 1million people have responded in the past without having a personal story that relates to you alone.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
paulbets:

Thanks bro. Yes I have got the message.
After your status says "Issued'. Give it 24hrs to 36hrs, you will get the email and sms for pickup.
Thanks bro. Congrats once again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2018
Good afternoon great people... Pls how long will someoneb get response if one request for emergency appointment.se
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by patsodek(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
Yes bro. My case as been updated today. I should get a decision this week. Thanks.
imperiouxx:

Q
This issue will be resolved. I told you of a renewal that takes long on AP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.