Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (916938 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Judgepelumi(m): 7:34am On Aug 02, 2018
Enasdan:
A close person of mine, is having his F-1 Student interview this month of August, MBA, he is choosing to put on native material for the interview, I have this notion from some group of individuals that putting on native material and cap like the Yoruba type of a cap to the US embassy for an F-1 student visa interview (Master's program, MBA ) is very wrong, please house how true is this, do putting on native to the embassy for interview is it a bad impression? I'm trying to advice someone as well for the best. thanks.
If it were to be a job interview here in Nigeria, would you advise your close friend to wear a native attire? While there's no rule to the dress code, I believe logic is the best thing here. You're going for an interview & not a ceremony so IMO, dress corporate.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MackyNaija(m): 7:46am On Aug 02, 2018
Nicolars:
hello house, does having a sibling living in the USA affect your chances with the VO

Johnolukolade:

It's a 50% chance. If your sibling is still legal in the US, and you can explain a bit about him/her, you're good to go.

Oh lawd! How did you arrive at 50%??

No one can predict chances on admission or visa issuance in actual figures...
We can only make speculations or deductions based on similar situations we have seen or heard of.

My take is for you not to lie on your application.
You might get the F1 visa and still choose not to go anywhere but years later choose to visit that same sibling you have previously denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 7:49am On Aug 02, 2018
There are no rules against wearing native. if native makes him comfortable he is so good to go... infact i stumbled across a former VO comment some 2-3 years ago about what to wear for your interview and if native was allowed and then she mentioned that they are all secret admires of people wearing native during their interview and and then she mentioned how she admired a lady that wore Ankara.......

Enasdan:
A close
person of mine, is having his F-1 Student interview this month of August, MBA, he is choosing to put on native material for the interview, I have this notion from some group of individuals that putting on native material and cap like the Yoruba type of a cap to the US embassy for an F-1 student visa interview (Master's program, MBA ) is very wrong, please house how true is this, do putting on native to the embassy for interview is it a bad impression? I'm trying to advice someone as well for the best. thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2018
femi312:
The company ofcourse. Whoever owns/whose name appears on the soa is the person sponsoring you. Stating that your sister is sponsoring you and you show up with her company SOA is contradicting. However its hard to sell why your sister’s company is sponsoring you.A personal SOA is better.
Thanks for the update, what if the applicant present a letter from the same bank stating that the sister is the sole signatory to the company's account, will that be contradicting as well. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2018
Judgepelumi:

If it were to be a job interview here in Nigeria, would you advise your close friend to wear a native attire? While there's no rule to the dress code, I believe logic is the best thing here. You're going for an interview & not a ceremony so IMO, dress corporate.
thanks for the advice, but not native per say, just a kind of material of dress for male, like the senator material kind of dressing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Enasdan(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2018
Sorelee:
There are no rules against wearing native. if native makes him comfortable he is so good to go... infact i stumbled across a former VO comment some 2-3 years ago about what to wear for your interview and if native was allowed and then she mentioned that they are all secret admires of people wearing native during their interview and and then she mentioned how she admired a lady that wore Ankara.......

thanks, what I meant is like a senator (material) kind of dressing, will that will advisable for an F-1 student visa applicant (MBA)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Sorelee(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2018
I think I already answered your question Senator material is cool....

Enasdan:
thanks, what I meant is like a senator (material) kind of dressing, will that will advisable for an F-1 student visa applicant (MBA)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Bhoyo: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2018
Hello House, this is my first time here and I will need to ask a question. I did my interview on 30th July and I was given white paper with small little paper but VO held the SOA of my sponsor and she said I should pick my Visa up after seven working days. Pls am very concerned because when I tracked my application it says Administrative processing. Pls what is my stand now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2018
I saw this on quora few days ago how the V.O
Secretly admired an interviewee native attire to the interview. The thing is wear whatever makes you feel great and confident about yourself. And you should really look good while on it.
Sorelee:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Millzrozay: 8:37am On Aug 02, 2018
Please I will be having my interview on August 8 at V.I.
Please is there any nearby hotel that is affordable......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jcnmode: 8:46am On Aug 02, 2018
I just got denied

Me: good morning ma'am

Vo: Good morning

VO: where are you going

Me: baltimore maryland for my masters degree in chemistry at morgan state university

Vo: how did you hear about the school

Me: I searched online using websites such as us news and princeton review to narrow down to schools offering masters in chemistry then I consulted websites of such schools and find morgan state university to have an ongoing research in my field of interest

VO: what's your research interest

comparative determination of matter in chemical substances using magnetic resonance imaging

VO: What have you been doing since after graduation

Me: I went for a one year compulsory youth service after then I picked up a job at nwafor orizu college of education nsugbe anambra state orlu study centre as exams and record personel which I did for 1 year and left after the contract elapsed, then I joined the federal government teaching scheme as a teacher and I have been teaching since

Vo: did u apply to other schools

Me: yes I apply to two other schools cleveland state university and tennessee state university

Vo Did they admit you

Me: yes they all give me admission

Vo: Why morgan

Me: morgan state university have a very good research and curriculum that is in line with my career pursuit which will be a pathway towards achieving my career goal as an analytical chemist

Vo: Have you travelled outside the country before

Me: no

Vo Are you married

Me: no im single

Vo: What do you plan to do after your studies

Me: I have a concrete plan to apply as a lecturer in my alma mater where I graduated. I have established a strong connection with a professor who happened to be my undergraduate supervisor and he assured me that I will have an an edge on completion of my masters degree at morgan state university

Vo: Have you travel outside the country before

Vo: Who is your sponsor

Me: my uncle

Vo: What does it do

Me: he is a commodity trader he buys and sells palm kernel oil and sometimes export it to europe and china

Vo: Well im sorry at this time you are not illegible to be granted a non immigrant visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dave4eva: 9:35am On Aug 02, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please, I dey beg una. Has anyone had an issue on a wrong date of birt[/b]h printed on their degree transcript? I will need help on how they were able to resolve this please so I can quickly resolve mine.

In particular, it is the [b]University of Lagos
. They sent transcript initially with wrong date of birth. When contacted by the Institution (EA) with the information filed by me and on my birth certificate, they sent another one again (still incorrect) as the information they have in their records and admitted that the first one was wrongly typed and were sorry for the discrepancy (Yet still incorrect). I just tire for our schools. Now the institution has said they will not proceed with my application until the issue is resolved.

The same transcript was sent to WES and no issue was raised about anything apart from an omission of an alphabet on my other name on the degree certificate.

And unilag will not even give you a student copy so that you can even see the information in there way ahead of anything. Na wa oh. Please i need urgent help to quickly sort this out.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:38am On Aug 02, 2018
Jcnmode:
I just got denied

Me: baltimore maryland for my masters degree in chemistry at morgan state university

Me: I searched online using websites such as us news and princeton review to narrow down to schools offering masters in chemistry then I consulted websites of such schools and find morgan state university to have an ongoing research in my field of interest

comparative determination of matter in chemical substances using magnetic resonance imaging

Me: I went for a one year compulsory youth service after then I picked up a job at nwafor orizu college of education nsugbe anambra state orlu study centre as exams and record personel which I did for 1 year and left after the contract elapsed, then I joined the federal government teaching scheme as a teacher and I have been teaching since

Me: yes I apply to two other schools cleveland state university and tennessee state university

Vo Did they admit you

Me: morgan state university have a very good research and curriculum that is in line with my career pursuit which will be a pathway towards achieving my career goal as an analytical chemist

Vo Are you married

Me: I have a concrete plan to apply as a lecturer in my alma mater where I graduated. I have established a strong connection with a professor who happened to be my undergraduate supervisor and he assured me that I will have an an edge on completion of my masters degree at morgan state university

Me: he is a commodity trader he buys and sells palm kernel oil and sometimes export it to europe and china

Vo: Well im sorry at this time you are not illegible to be granted a non immigrant visa.

Did you really get admission In these 3 schools ? ... if yes are the other two schools not stronger than Morgan state
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by roniex2(f): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Jcnmode:
I just got denied

Vo Did they admit you

Vo Are you married

Sorry bro, you have to try again.
I think your answers are too generic. I have seen these answers many times on nairaland and the VO must have also heard it a lot of times. Try saying something personal. Deduce your own responses and try packaging the job of your sponsor better. With that you will get it by God's grace.
Best wishes..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 9:42am On Aug 02, 2018
Dave4eva:
Hello everyone,
Please, I dey beg una. Has anyone had an issue on a wrong date of birt[/b]h printed on their degree transcript? I will need help on how they were able to resolve this please so I can quickly resolve mine.

In particular, it is the [b]University of Lagos
. They sent transcript initially with wrong date of birth. When contacted by the Institution (EA) with the information filed by me and on my birth certificate, they sent another one again (still incorrect) as the information they have in their records and admitted that the first one was wrongly typed and were sorry for the discrepancy (Yet still incorrect). I just tire for our schools. Now the institution has said they will not proceed with my application until the issue is resolved.

The same transcript was sent to WES and no issue was raised about anything apart from an omission of an alphabet on my other name on the degree certificate.

And unilag will not even give you a student copy so that you can even see the information in there way ahead of anything. Na wa oh. Please i need urgent help to quickly sort this out.

Thank you.

Go to the students record office (First floor of the senate building) and humbly tell them ur fraustrations about the mistake on your transcript and how it is about to cost you an admission into a University in the US.

Tip: I will also advice you give them some tip (AT YOUR DISCRETION) or else they will be telling you how busy they are and that they have so many people to attend to.
NOTE: They would not ask u for anything. Do it willingly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dave4eva: 9:55am On Aug 02, 2018
Thanks so much @Tunmise100. I am not in Lagos at the moment but I am hoping I can send someone to help sort it out.

Its not even about a US school admission. I already have my M.Sc. from a foreign school and no issue was raised on the transcript sent then. It is an assessing authority (institution) for Migration. About 400k is in the kitty on this matter. Nigerian schools sha, even UNILAG. angry
Tunmise100:

Go to the students record office (First floor of the senate building) and humbly tell them ur fraustrations about the mistake on your transcript and how it is about to cost you an admission into a University in the US.

Tip: I will also advice you give them some tip (AT YOUR DISCRETION) or else they will be telling you how busy they are and that they have so many people to attend to.
NOTE: They would not ask u for anything. Do it willingly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:34am On Aug 02, 2018
Tesla, good morning... Please, I need to inquire some stuffs from you, can you assist me with your email addy so we can talk better or Bbm cause I am not sure you'll b comfortanble givin me ur No. 4 whats app yet! Please assist, thanks.... gloriachinonsoonyeabor@gmail.com
YoungTesla:
Went for my interview on July 19, 2019 was placed on AP, Visa was issued the next day on the 20th.

Was interviewed by the Elderly white VO, I have only wished to be interviewed by a VO with a calm and friendly demeanor fortunately I got one, I can’t deal with having a conversation with someone with an off-putting countenance, I won’t function properly.

This VO allowed me talk extensively and I was fully prepared to give the speech of my life , for my mind
Oh.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning Sir (smiled to create a good impression)

VO: I see your are going to Texas A&M University in Kingsville
Me:yes

VO: why?
Me: To pursue a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering

VO: Do you have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering?
Me: Yes, I have a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering

VO: In what year?
Me: December , 2014.

Vo:How did you hear about this school?
Me: I’m an avid reader of the journals, articles and conference papers published on the the IEEE xplore website with a bias towards renewable energy, smart grids, internet of things and micro AC/DC Grids as it aligns with my area of research Interest, Fortunately I stumbled upon a conference paper that won the best paper at the IEEE electro-info conference in Nebraska in the March of 2017 ,by a certain faculty member in the Electrical and Computer Science department of TAMUK, Dr. Kim, I sent him a mail and he required me to send my Resume and Statement of purpose and subsequently encouraged me to apply to TAMUK because in-fact there is an ongoing research in Sustainable renewable energy and distributed generation at the department ...... VO cuts in

VO: You served with the Nigeria Army, What have you been doing after your NYSC?
Me: After my Youth Service I got a job with **** Power Plc, in July 2016 as a Trainee Engineer, and after a year I was confirmed as a member of Staff.

Vo: what are your duties?
Me: Maintenance of generators, Circuit Breakers, Relays , Electric Motors and other Electrical Equipment Critical to Electricity Generation process, Inspect Electrical installations and observe if its operation are in conformity with safety standards.........VO interrupted

Vo: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: 5

VO: Mention them
Me: University of Florida in Gainesville, Michigan Tech University in Houghton, Northern Illinois University in Delkab, University of New Haven in Connecticut and Texas A&M University In Kingsville..... I was rejected by UFL.

VO: So why did you pick TAMUK over MTU and UNH?
Me: First, I was quite fascinated with the work of Dr Kim as I said earlier, second ,due to the ongoing research in the department in Renewable Energy which is one of the few solutions we have to the Energy crises in Nigeria, third, I was offered the New Grad Student scholarship which provided a 33.2% mark down on the initial cost of attendance, and $1000 to cover for few textbooks, and lastly, South Texas has one of the warmest weathers in the US, the data I got from the website usclimatedata.com with regard to Kingsville is quite close to what’s obtainable in Nigeria, this will enable me to acclimatize quickly with the new environment and face my studies squarely.

VO: Did you write any test?
Me: Yes, I wrote the GRE and TOEFL

VO: What are your score?
ME: I had 160 in the quant section and 151 in the Verbal section , and i had 101 in TOEFL.

VO: What will you do with this degree? ( he immediately looked at me, me sef kuku stared into his soul, i didn’t even flinch)
Me: This degree will enable me seek better remuneration from my current Employer and equip me with the right skill Sets to start my own enterprise as a Renewable Energy Specialist on the long term.
I always tell my colleagues that Power Engineering business is the most lucrative business in Nigeria even more than any country in the world because of our demography, we have a power deficit of about 75 million and we are only able to generate about a meagre 4000MW, though we have the capacity to generate 12,000MW,( VO tries to cut me short, but I raised my voice and spoke very fast) about 20 million households are not connected to the National grid, so there is a huge target market and plethora of Opportunities.

(VO tries to Cut in but I continued,I no gree smiley u must hear this oh) as a matter of fact your country is aware of these opportunities, there is a grant from USAID through the Power Africa program for entrepreneurs who are interested in Renewable Energy, to the tune of $100,000, so the opportunities are enormous back home. And this is my motivation behind getting this degree... VO cuts in

VO: Who’s paying?
Me: My Uncle

VO: why is he paying?
Me: He’s been responsible for my education in one way or the other, Initially when I told him about my plans to study abroad he told me to come up with a proposal to see if getting this degree is worth the money, I guess he saw how viable my plans are on the long run.

VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a Senior Facilities Manager at ***** Company, one of the biggest Oil coy in the world.

VO: can I see his statements?
Me: (I handed it over to him and while he was checking it I added )
It’s a domiciliary account and the funds there are specifically earmarked for the purpose of my studies to forestall any issues with Foreign Exchange fluctuations.

He picked a white paper from the top shelf, i didn’t even know it’s the famous white Paper, Cos at that point I was prepared to receive any paper either white or blue, Cos getting the blue paper seem like the norm on that particular day.
He ticked administrative processing and told me if the Statements are not genuine I will be banned from the USA for at least 10 years.........My status changed the next day on the 20th.

Special thanks to Walspring for helping me with my TOEFL payment , mackynaija for helping me with my I-20 and inspiring me with his thread, and finally to all the contributors on this invaluable thread, as at August 2017 I know nada about the F1 Visa application processes, this thread saved me thousands of Bucks that could have easily gone to those atrocious Visa Agents. Thanks Y’all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2018
charles7even:
HI GUYS, silent reader here. Took me a while to post this but still, just want to say a big thank you to you guys for sharing your experiences and also the vetting of proposed transcripts on here. I went for the interview at Abuja on the 30th of June and i was put on Administrative processing. My visa was eventually issued on the 6th of July, about 6 days later.
Transcript:
I was interviewed by the older nice white woman, can't remember the exact window because of tension. I just think i was lucky because it wasn't the younger white woman that had on a sweatshirt and baseball hat. She didn't look nice at all and was dishing out lots of rejections.

Me: Good afternoon madam
VO: Hi good afternoon. Can you hand my your i20 please?
Me: *hands over i20* Here you go
VO: I can see that you want to go to the University of South Carolina. What do you want to study and why did you choose USC?
Me: I am going to USC for my masters degree in Electrical engineering. I decided to go with USC because it was the best fit for my profile. I had targeted Ivy league schools initially but after getting my GRE score, i had to compromise a little and carry out a lot of research on USnews.com and Princeton review for schools that were good enough for my profile and USC seemed like it because of the excellent research facilities in their faculty of computing and electrical engineering.
VO: What year did you finish your BSc.?
Me: 2016
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I have been working in the telecoms industry
VO: What do you plan to do after getting this degree?
Me: Getting this masters degree and the expertise that comes with it will give me an advantage and i will be able to apply for more competitive positions when i am back in Nigeria. I have been able to establish contact and made friends and mentors in my current company and other companies in the telecom industry, I'm confident lots of opportunities brought about by this degree will be waiting for me when i am back in Nigeria. ( I also said something about starting my consultancy firm later in the future)
VO: I can see from your i20 that you were given a research assistantship and partial funding. Do you have the offer letter for the assistantship?
Me: hands over offer letter
VO: Goes through offer letter then types into her computer
VO: Who will take care of the expenses not covered by the funding?
Me: I have been able to save some money and i will be taking care of my travel costs and initial settling in expenses (I am entitled to monthly stipends based on my assistantship). My aunt is my primary sponsor and will take care of the outstanding costs.
VO: Do you have her bank account statement?(I'm surprised she didn't ask what my aunt does or why she was sponsoring me instead of my parents)
Me: Hands over statements (Yes there were actually 2 different accounts, same holder though.)
VO: *goes through first statement* [/i]This account does not have up to the amount required by the i20
Me: Yes madam, but there is the statement of the other account owned by my aunty [i]*points out the second bank account statement to her*

VO: Oh i see. This is alright.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Okay I will be holding on to your passport and your account statement. We will need to run some checks to verify that these documents are genuine. You do realise that if they are found to be fake, You will be banned from entering the US for 10 years.
Me: Yes the documents are legit.
VO: So I can go ahead and submit them? I will need your permission.
Me: Yes madam, you can go ahead.
VO: *hands me the small white slip, the slip with the pick up addresses and my i20* Here is your i20. You will need to have it on you at the point of entry. Make sure you arrive in the US before your resumption date stated in the i20. Any later date and you won't be allowed entry into the US. Do you have any questions?
Me: No madam, thank you.
VO: Have a good day.

I'm just grateful my interview was not as gruelling as i thought it would be. Best of luck to you guys that have interviews coming up. Cheers!!
Hello, good day... Please, I need to inquire some stuffs from you privately... Assist me with your email addy or Bbm as I am not sure you'll be able to gimme ur whatsapp no 4 now.. Please, its urgent & impt 2 me gloriachinonsoonyeabor@gmail.com. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Dopekidd(m): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2018
Hello gurus in the house. I was denied yestday at lagos, white guy at window 3
VO: what course are u going for

Me: I'm going for my bachelor's degree in computer information systems at university of Texas El paso

VO: but why is business/commerce written on your F1

Me: i explained to him my concentration is computer information systems and it happens to fall under the business/commerce department in the school, that is why it is written on it

VO: okay, how did u hear of this school

Me: my sponsor who happens to stay in Texas told me about this school and all the positive reviews he's heard about it, and i also went ahead to conduct my own online research and discovered the school fits my career interest. I got to discover the sch has enough room for research opportunities, it is a leading federal research spending school
They place a lot of dedication to their international students
Another added advantage is my sponsor is also in Texas

VO: who is your sponsor

Me: My elder brother

VO: what does he do

Me: he's a consultant at an insurance company and a captain in US military reserve

VO: are your parents staying in the US

Me: they are legal residents and only went there few months ago to visit my elder brother because his wife delivered a baby. My dad got back a month ago due to his business, he works in oil and gas. My mum too would return back next week to continue her trade business
(they only became permanent legal residents 4 months ago)

VO: keeps typing and typing for like a minute
Next thing blue paper, u're not eligible at this time bla bla u can reapply again

He didn't even ask if i wrote any tests, didn't ask how many schools i applied to, didn't ask for statement of account and all those important questions for me to be able to prove I'll be coming back

Is it because my ties to US is strong and he sees me as a potential immigrant?

I'm so down, gurus in the house please what can I do next? And my school resumes August 27

@lagosismyhome @walspring and all the experts in the house, i need your advice
I'm 19 and i finished high school this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Pegzzyg(f): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2018
thirdpage:
I was at the US Embassy Abuja office on Monday 23 Jul, 7.30 am for my visa interview. I guess most interview transcript on NL are in the Lagos office cos things look more structured but time consuming at the Abuja office. You don’t have queues along one VO window; you only have a queue and you get moved to a VO as soon as the VO is done with an applicant. Asides from those close to window 6, which is closer to the queue, no one gets to hear your communication with the VO, except the person is really interested in your matter and paying deep attention.

Interview Proper

Called to meet the VO at window 8 VO. An older nice white woman.
VO: Pass me your passport (I passed it to her), yeah and that form (pointing to my i-20, passed it)
VO: You are going to the...Uni of Delaware for your MBA
3P: Yes

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
3P: Five schools - UDel, Clark Uni, Southern Methodist Uni, Ohio State Uni, Uni of Rochester

VO: Types for about 30 secs, I can see you got funding, do you have paperwork for that (I asked her to repeat while I quickly processed what "paperwork for funding" means). She repeated.
3P: Yes, I do, (while searching for it, she kept typing and asked the next question.

VO: What will be your major for the MBA program?
3P: Business Analytics

VO: What is your bachelor’s degree?
3P: (While still searching for the letter). It’s Statistics. (Actually, HND in Statistics)

VO: What year?
3P: 2012

VO: Did you take GRE?
3P: No, I took the GMAtT

VO: Oh the GMAT! What’s your score on the GMAT?
3P: 550
VO: 560?
3P: No, 550, Five Five Zero

VO: Are you married
3P: No. (Found the scholarship letter and passed it to her).

VO: Without looking at the scholarship letter, what will the MBA do for you? I mean where you want to be in 5 years’ time after your MBA?
3P: I will be done with my MBA in 2 years and I will be back in Nigeria to push for a promotion at my current place of work, that is “IJKL Limited” (A Big Four) and I look forward to joining the D&A team and build the practice with the skills I must have acquired.

VO: Will they be holding your position for you?
3P: No they won’t, I will have to make a business case for myself when I am back.

VO: (Nods and types, and looks at the i-20 and scholarship letter). You got part-funding, do you have statement to cover up for the rest.
3P: Yes I do

VO: Can I see them
3P: Yes (passed to her). I will be funding the program partly, I have a student loan facility from Mpower financing, and my uncle will cover the rest expenses. (Passed all three documents to her, while she checked for like 1 minute).

VO: (While looking at the bank statements) This is for you and this one for your parent…
3P: (Cut in) No, my uncle’s

VO: Oh Okay! The loan facility covers one year…would you be taking another loan for the second year
3P: Sincerely, I wasn’t prepped for this question…asked her to repeat so I can quickly process... if I should say my uncle will be funding it (which is one option I have) or I should say I will apply for another loan (option 2). There is a third option which is internship organised by the school in the second year. I ended up confirming option 2 to her.

VO: Wow, that’s some huge debt!
3P: Smiled, yes I know, but considering what I will get from the US after two years, and career prospects for me thereafter it is worth going for.

VO: (Nods) She said somethings I didn’t really hear but the summary is… here we verify bank statement submitted by students, and if found genuine, we will issue you a visa, otherwise, we refuse your visa application and place you on a 10 year ban. Do you understand?
3P: I smiled and nodded

VO: In that regard, is there any document here you would like to retrieve?
3P: No

VO: Now that I am sure that you are aware of the situation and consequences, I will be placing you on Administrative Processing… she went in, brought a yellow paper (conditions for AP), then a white paper (where to pick up issued Visa)… Then she passed to me. Passed my Scholarship letter to me, passed my i-20, and held on to my passport. Then she said one more paper…she went in and came back with a white slip (showing reminders before departure after visa issuance). She reiterated some information on the slip, and that I will be turned back at the point of entry if I get to the US a day after the day on my I20… So that will be all, we will get back to you.

I look forward to the Visa being issued. Account balance for my sponsor is about $55k and just before the interview, my uncle notified me it increased to $97k.
I say a big thank you to all the guys who had shared their transcripts, comments, criticisms, opinions and thoughts here, I really learnt a lot from ya’all.
But three days on AP now… How long does this thing take?
Hello Thirdpage, I wish to verify some informations from you Please, I also got Admission to Delaware to study Int'l Biz wit a 15% tuition fee. Please, I beg of you, reach out to me via my email address gloriachinonsoonyeabor@gmail.com as I am sure u might not b comfortable we chat on whatsapp or Bbm yet. It is very urgent or impt as I need to make a quick decision if to deffer my Admission til fall nxt year on not. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Tunmise100(m): 10:58am On Aug 02, 2018
Dopekidd:
Hello gurus in the house. I was denied yestday at lagos, white guy at window 3
VO: what course are u going for

Me: I'm going for my bachelor's degree in computer information systems at university of Texas El paso

VO: but why is business/commerce written on your F1

Me: i explained to him my concentration is computer information systems and it happens to fall under the business/commerce department in the school, that is why it is written on it

VO: okay, how did u hear of this school

Me: my sponsor who happens to stay in Texas told me about this school and all the positive reviews he's heard about it, and i also went ahead to conduct my own online research and discovered the school fits my career interest. I got to discover the sch has enough room for research opportunities, it is a leading federal research spending school
They place a lot of dedication to their international students
Another added advantage is my sponsor is also in Texas

VO: who is your sponsor

Me: My elder brother

VO: what does he do

Me: he's a consultant at an insurance company and a captain in US military reserve

VO: are your parents staying in the US

Me: they are legal residents and only went there few months ago to visit my elder brother because his wife delivered a baby. My dad got back a month ago due to his business, he works in oil and gas. My mum too would return back next week to continue her trade business
(they only became permanent legal residents 4 months ago)

VO: keeps typing and typing for like a minute
Next thing blue paper, u're not eligible at this time bla bla u can reapply again

He didn't even ask if i wrote any tests, didn't ask how many schools i applied to, didn't ask for statement of account and all those important questions for me to be able to prove I'll be coming back

Is it because my ties to US is strong and he sees me as a potential immigrant?

I'm so down, gurus in the house please what can I do next? And my school resumes August 27

@lagosismyhome @walspring and all the experts in the house, i need your advice
I'm 19 and i finished high school this year

From my point of view, Your strong ties to Nigeria is so weak and from the VO's perspective you have high propensity of not returning and seem more like an IMMIGRANT.

Gurus in the house will give a better and more comprehensive critique.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by fabyom: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2018
itsyourboya:
Any BGSU Falcon in the house?
. Here guy, was there January-March this year. best western hotel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samijay8(m): 11:23am On Aug 02, 2018
please I just want to know if it's possible to get a USA Visa after applying for undergraduate program, then after getting to the USA I'm gonna stay one year at a family member place before starting the program or is there a way that look like that. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2018
Jcnmode:
I just got denied

Vo Did they admit you

Vo Are you married

soory about your loss. kindly use this link https:///1OmOg6kc4qy7LFMFpxl1HV to join morgan state university WhatsApp group or better still pm me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2018
Spotlighte:

Thank you very much. I'll do as you said. Are you here in the US or here in Nigeria?
I am in both. I am omnipresent like you smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
samijay8:
please I just want to know if it's possible to get a USA Visa after applying for undergraduate program, then after getting to the USA I'm gonna stay one year at a family member place before starting the program or is there a way that look like that. thanks
No its not. You will fall out of status and be illegal

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by TheSuperladyy: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hello everyone

I'll be travelling in 2 weeks. University of New Haven.
Do we have any present or past student of the school on this thread? Or someone attending another school in the general area. Please indicate. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by samhardy: 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2018
I choosed southwest Minnesota state university over Cleveland state university & alcorn state university for computer science (bachelor degree). Hope this is okay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by YoungTesla: 12:43pm On Aug 02, 2018
Pegzzyg:
Tesla, good morning... Please, I need to inquire some stuffs from you, can you assist me with your email addy so we can talk better or Bbm cause I am not sure you'll b comfortanble givin me ur No. 4 whats app yet! Please assist, thanks.... gloriachinonsoonyeabor@gmail.com
Check your mail, I replied you two days ago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2018
Enasdan:
Thanks for the update, what if the applicant present a letter from the same bank stating that the sister is the sole signatory to the company's account, will that be contradicting as well. thanks.
No one can really say, its left to the discretion of the VO but like I said, personal SOA is better

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: Xoxobull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.