Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (918300 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Upandup: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ubah1:

You were right about your testimony. Now US has started giving PR immediately they issue work permit to people

Hian!!! Where do you get all these information from?

Please share a link so that we can read and be educated too. Because this contradicts everything everyone knows about this current administration.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Upandup:

How is that?

I mean make things more stricter. Non immigrant visa is meant for temporal stay and not permanent stay. Discussing such stuff may tighten their policy cos they are changing rules
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
Upandup:

Hian!!! Where do you get all these information from?

Please share a link so that we can read and be educated too. Because this contradicts everything everyone knows about this current administration.

A friend in US just informed me of that. He got his PR too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ator94: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
4peace4:
bro for me i would say your response are just too weak and sound generic esp the why this school you didnt connect your course to why you chose the school and what it would to for you as a person there are lot more social work can do aside helping abused children. Try going through the approved transcript of one of us here going for social work check frm page 400 till date. The gurus can also say better goodluck on your next interview.
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ubah1:

You were right about your testimony. Now US has started giving PR immediately they issue work permit to people

Ubah1:

A friend in US just informed me of that. He got his PR too

I am not up to date with the law but this is highly unlikely if work permit you mean OPT and H1B and PR you mean Greencard ... Uncle Trump is trying to reduce immigration not open it

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I am not up to date but this is highly unlike if work permit you mean OPT and H1B... Uncle Trump is trying to reduce immigration not open it

Yeah. So i heard. Reason i wasn't doubting sureb0y testimony
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I am not up to date with the law but this is highly unlikely if work permit you mean OPT and H1B and PR you mean Greencard ... Uncle Trump is trying to reduce immigration not open it

I will still confirm from another source to be very sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Upandup: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ubah1:

I mean make things more stricter. Non immigrant visa is meant for temporal stay and not permanent stay. Discussing such stuff may tighten their policy cos they are changing rules

I see what you're saying and I wish not to comment further. But know that the US has benefited way more than you can imagine from their F and H visas.

Just Imagine putting together an all-star team composed of the BEST people from different Nations.

If its legal, no need to be discreet about it... IMO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ubah1:

I will still confirm from another source to be very sure

I can confirm that it NOT TRUE that green card OR PR is automatically given with work permit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Upandup: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ubah1:

Yeah. So i heard. Reason i wasn't doubting sureb0y testimony

Just so you know how unlikely what you said about PR and work permits is... take a look at this

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/changes-to-federal-policies-pave-way-for-sudden-visa-denials-deportation/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Beautyaddy: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
Upandup:

I see what you're saying and I wish not to comment further. But know that the US has benefited way more than you can imagine from their F and H visas.

Just Imagine putting together an all-star team composed of the BEST people from different Nations.

If its legal, no need to be discreet about it... IMO.

Not necessary true.

There are some legal immigration loop-holes that are discreet.

And better believe it that the visa officers and USCIS officers all already know them. wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Upandup: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Not necessary true.

There are some legal immigration loop-holes that are discreet.

And better believe it that the visa officers and USCIS officers all already know them. wink

True that... But why do you think they don't want to change them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Upandup:

True that... But why do you think they don't want to change them?

It requires alot of public opinions to change rules. US doesn't change rules like that. That's the reason they ask for public comment before changing rules
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Upandup: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2018
Ubah1:

It requires alot of public opinions to change rules. US doesn't change rules like that. That's the reason they ask for public comment before changing rules

I know that... which makes the subject matter contentious. And they keep going in circles because most organizations know the benefits internationals add to their business. Which is why I think that it doesn't really matter whether or not you are discreet about it or not.

Like I said earlier, that is my humble opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Osiokoye: 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2018
I was interviewed in Abuja on 23rd of July. I was placed on AP and my visa was issued yesterday. My interview was very different even after I was well prepared and even took GRE and TOEFL, did consultation at EducationUSA and came on Nairaland for assistance. I have been denied USA B1/B2 visa twice in 2016. Here is my transcript;
VO: Hi good morning, how are you?
ME: Good morning, I’m good.
VO: Pass me your passport; I can see you’re going for a student visa. Pass your I-20 too.
ME: I did
VO: Why are you going to the USA?
ME: I’m going to Northwest Missouri state university to study masters in Agriculture.
VO: What do you intend doing after graduation?
ME: I intend working for a reputable agricultural organization such as (He cut me short)
VO: What University did you go to for your undergraduate degree?
ME: ****
VO: Who sponsored you?
ME: My dad
VO: Who is sponsoring you for your masters?
VO: Do you have his account statement with you? If you do, pass it to me.
ME: I did and said it was printed last month because my dad and mum travelled to USA and Canada few weeks ago.
VO: Oh, You only have a little over 12million in this account
ME: (In my mind; Stop shouting my daddy’s balance now. lol) I said Yes, it is because he traveled but it’s not a problem.
VO: Where are your siblings?
ME: One in Nigeria, one in Canada and one in the USA
VO: Who is in the USA and what does he do?
ME: My brother, he is a student.
VO: Okay, how will your daddy cope since he’s still a student and this balance can only take care of like your first year in Uni?
ME: No, that’s not a problem at all; once my dad and mum get back everything will be sorted.
VO: Okay, where’s your old passport and I can see you went to Dubai last year.
ME: I didn’t come with it, yes I did.
VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa (gives me the white paper and a small slip) but I will hold onto your dads account statement to check if it is fraudulent. If it is, it will attract a ten year ban and it will affect you and also your brother in the USA and that wouldn’t look nice right?
ME: Don’t worry it’s not fraudulent, you can confirm it.
VO: Okay, you’ll get a feedback in some days.
ME: *Smiling* Thank you very much.
I honestly think it was God that did it. All the questions I had in mind that he will ask, he didn’t. I wish everyone aspiring to go to the USA all the best.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ijebuboy525: 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
babbs45:

When you get a GC through marriage, and the marriage is less than two years old before your interview, you're given two year GC and after it expires, you'll have to file for the permanent GC ( which is 10 years ). Most of the time the reason why some ppl aren't able to renew their GC, is because maybe the spouse found out along way that he/she is being used purposely for GC. Other times too, some just take off after getting the temporary GC, thinking they're off the hook, forgetting when the time come to renew, you still need your citizen spouse to file for the permanent GC.
And when your spouse know that after you get your permanent GC, you'll abscond, he or she will do it.
This is what some ppl do,when they get married, they don't file right way, they wait for like a year and a half, so that by the time they get called for interview, the marriage would've been two years old, so they just get a permanent GC.

Thanks for the information. Coming to America is cool, living legally in America is another thing entirely, any which way, man must survive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Lawrence2291: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
Osiokoye:
I was interviewed in Abuja on 23rd of July. I was placed on AP and my visa was issued yesterday. My interview was very different even after I was well prepared and even took GRE and TOEFL, did consultation at EducationUSA and came on Nairaland for assistance. I have been denied USA B1/B2 visa twice in 2016. Here is my transcript;
VO: Pass me your passport; I can see you’re going for a student visa. Pass your I-20 too.
ME: I’m going to Northwest Missouri state university to study masters in Agriculture.
ME: I intend working for a reputable agricultural organization such as (He cut me short)
ME: I did and said it was printed last month because my dad and mum travelled to USA and Canada few weeks ago.
ME: (In my mind; Stop shouting my daddy’s balance now. lol) I said Yes, it is because he traveled but it’s not a problem.
VO: Okay, how will your daddy cope since he’s still a student and this balance can only take care of like your first year in Uni?
ME: No, that’s not a problem at all; once my dad and mum get back everything will be sorted.
VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa (gives me the white paper and a small slip) but I will hold onto your dads account statement to check if it is fraudulent. If it is, it will attract a ten year ban and it will affect you and also your brother in the USA and that wouldn’t look nice right?
I honestly think it was God that did it. All the questions I had in mind that he will ask, he didn’t. I wish everyone aspiring to go to the USA all the best.

Bro, Congrats.. Welcome to America... Your transcript looks very similar to mine.. Will share mine tomorrow after collecting my passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Teny4: 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quwhat school and where please?ote author=Teaser0904 post=69758226]

$28,089.covers tution,living expenses,health ins&bks.
No test required
Waec result only with good grades
A Month and two weeks.
[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by 30watts: 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
I tap into this grace....

Congratulations

Osiokoye:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
OluDare01:
Congratulations on your visa approval, paulbets!
I wish you all the best smiley
Thanks very much Dare.
God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
ProfOjah1234:

Nwanne!.. Bring any "ofe" of your choice (ofe oha preferably) to celebrate and text me your address when you enter to send your documents.. Congratulations once again My guy!!.. Pauloooooo!!
cheesy
Ojah Baba Nla. grin
Thanks very much bro.
God bless you real good man! I will text you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by petermane: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2018
I POSTED THIS MESSAGE BELOW SOME HOURS AGO NO FEED BACK...GURUS IN THE HOUSE PLEASE HELP I'M IN A IL BIT OF A SITUATION HERE....
MY SCHOOL RESUMES ON 27TH AND THE DATE I BOOKED FOR INTERVIEW IS ON 28TH HOPING I'LL GET AN EMERGENCY DATE. THE FIRST TIME I TRIED EMERGENCY I WAS REFUSED, I'M HOPING I'M NOT THIS TIME. PLEASE EXPERT IN THE HOUSE ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. THANKS. GOD BLESS US ALL....AMIN

Please I need expert advise in the house, had my first interview on 17th of July but was denied, planning on applying tomorrow, my issue is i filled in my dad as my sponsor at first then went with both my dad and my mum's bank statement due to the total amount of money in my dad's account...I was denied visa. I'm planning on reapplying, my mum's account is actually better than my dad's due to the in flow and outflow of cash. My dad is a salary earner as well and makes over 400grand but his account history is not as solid as my mum's. He's account is always left with about 10-30k monthly my mum has stable money in her account monthly. Please kindly advise what i should do should i stick with my dad's account or change it to my mum i plan on reapplying tomorrow. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by mzomaks: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
Enasdan:
Hello everyone, if an F-1 visa applicant MBA program, is going to the US embassy for interview, is it advisable or proper to put on native wears or cafatan, kindly advise and suggest, thanks

Just look good shekena!! Follow your heart I get the feeling too because I have been thinking of to wear for a while now and when think about it I feel so stupid but who cares its a big deal to me �
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by itsyourboya: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
Enasdan:
Hello everyone, if an F-1 visa applicant MBA program, is going to the US embassy for interview, is it advisable or proper to put on native wears or cafatan, kindly advise and suggest, thanks

Omo wear anything that suits you jarey. Native ain't bad cos when it gets to the stage of taking off belts, u'd wish u wore simple native.
So wear anything that will give u comfort.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by itsyourboya: 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
Any BGSU Falcon in the house?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tolatof: 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
Lawrence2291:

Bro, Congrats.. Welcome to America... Your transcript looks very similar to mine.. Will share mine tomorrow after collecting my passport.

Lool, please travel first before sharing your transcript....

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jacksonyito: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
itsyourboya:
Any BGSU Falcon in the house?

Right here bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by thirdpage: 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2018
Osiokoye:
I was interviewed in Abuja on 23rd of July. I was placed on AP and my visa was issued yesterday. My interview was very different even after I was well prepared and even took GRE and TOEFL, did consultation at EducationUSA and came on Nairaland for assistance. I have been denied USA B1/B2 visa twice in 2016. Here is my transcript

VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa (gives me the white paper and a small slip)...

When Mercy speaks! Congratulations...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Chapecoense(m): 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I can confirm that it NOT TRUE that green card OR PR is automatically given with work permit
Really depends on the type of work permit the beneficiary is applying for.
Alot of people even get their PR even before a work permit (EAD) is Issued ( predominant amongst marriage based applications)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
tolatof:

Lool, please travel first before sharing your transcript....
Too funny....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Beautyaddy: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
Chapecoense:

Alot of people even get their PR even before a work permit (EAD) is Issued ( predominant amongst marriage based applications)

Not correct.

Most if not all work permits are given way ahead of any green card approval. Most work permits are valid for only a year pending on the type of petitions being filed. Once the green card is approved the work permit is useless because the green card(permanent residence card) supersedes the work permit card's authority to work anywhere.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
Chapecoense:

Yes I see how this can happen but the sentence should have been only PR based on AOS through marriage .....

the original comment is about giving PR immediately they issue work permit to people ....if we are talking of usual work visa H1b, Opt etc . Then never heard of PR given automatically with the work permit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) ... (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.