Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (924287 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Village people will not rest lol.....just do as being advice and ring the airline up..That's ur best shot
I called the airline and the lady said she cannot help me unless I am at the airport and I am far away from there now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2018
Nahum777:
I wanted to stay with someone for a while before I get my own place. They bought a lot of things and asked me to transport it for them. The luggage is lost now.

so instead of been sympathetic they want to throw someone out due to mistake .......I just tire for our people . home and away some dont change. SMH

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Call the airline ....... They should have a stand in UTAH
They don't have a stand at Utah and they are so reluctant to even help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 10:58am On Aug 08, 2018
LagosismyHome:

so instead of been sympathetic they want to throw someone out due to mistake .......I just tire for our people . home and away some dont change. SMH
The thing dey vex them nah. The things inside are so precious and I feel very bad too. They were expecting these things, they came out to the airport to pick me up and everything was fine until I removed the wrapped celotape.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 10:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Nahum777:
Bros, na the kind attachment them dey sell for Nigeria.
lolzzzz calm down you will get ur luggage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 10:59am On Aug 08, 2018
Well bro relate this to them and if theyreally want the luggage and its content they should be able to help you with flight to and fro atleast since its for a greater good..everyone is bound to make errors...throwing you out isn't an option and tgat won't still resolve the issue . As the case is you need to be at the airport with the other luggage in physical fam

Nahum777:
I called the airline and the lady said she cannot help me unless I am at the airport and I am far away from there now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:02am On Aug 08, 2018
Nahum777:
They don't have a stand at Utah and they are so reluctant to even help.

what airline is this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nahum777(m): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2018
LagosismyHome:

what airline is this
Royal Air Maroc.

I saw one bag with a sticker in the luggage I took. I want to call the number and get to the owner of the bag. Maybe the person will help me get my own bag, while I help them get theirs. They send mine and I send theirs to wherever they are in the US. They should claim my own bag from the airport and then we exchange privately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sam4jesuseva(m): 11:25am On Aug 08, 2018
My Transcripts to the glory of God.
My appointment was scheduled on 4th of August. Even getting an appointment was testimony. If I should start sharing all the testimonies from the beginning. I think I will take pages.
When I got to the "strong room" after the serious security checks. I was so nervous having seen many people rejected, even a woman with kids rejected. Of all the minutes I spent there I saw only one lady being approved, all others are refusal blue papers. All I was saying was quoting bible verse and saying the prayer point my pastor gave me.
After finger prints I was directed to window 1.
Two guys ahead of me on the same window were rejected. All I discovered (may be) was that they could not answer properly or convince the VO of their study plan.
Now my turn to cut the long story short.
VO: Greeted good morning sir with smiles
Me: I smiled back good morning sir
VO: can I have your documents?
Me: I gave him my passport with Form I-20, Passport and Sevis Fee and Appointment Confirmation
VO: Why are you going to US?
Me: I am going to US for my master degree in Chemistry (Biochemistry concentration), Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee
VO: How many School did you apply to?
Me: two
VO: which other one?
Me: Middle Tennessee State University
VO: Why the same city?
Me: Thank God for my coach Bro. Omoyeni. He prepared me for this question. My answer: After thorough research, (I don't even know exactly my initial statement). Living expenses or cost of living in Tennessee is quite lower than average American states. I am satisfied with the research done in my area of concentration in the universities and I find the schools affordable
VO: What is your study plan?
Me. I think this was where the people ahead of me failed. Thank God for coach Omoyeni. He encouraged me to research about my study plan, which spurred me to contact my course advisor through email. He gave me my study plan and names of lecturers handling them for the fall semester as requested.
Now my answer: A minimum of 3.0/4.0 is required for my graduation. For fall semester, I will be offering 9 credit hours sometimes I call it credit units.
3 credit units for Advance Organic Chemistry handling by Dr XYZ, he looked at me in awe, I continued another 3 credit hours for Advance Biochemistry taken by Dr ABC and Spectroscopic Methods taken by Dr NPK which is another 3 credit hours.
He was impressed, shaking his head. He did not even allow me to mention my thesis credit hours, then he moved to the next question
VO: Oh you have graduate assistantship, how did you get it?
Me: I submitted my transcripts for evaluation by ECE and official one was sent to the University. I wrote standardized tests (TOEFL and GRE), Recommendation letters were sent by my lecturers to the University.
VO: How will you go about sponsoring?
Me: I was offered graduate assistantship which covers my tuition fee and more than 80% of my living expenses. I have personal saving to cater for the rest
VO: Where do you work?
Me: I work as a class teacher in XYZ and as a private home tutor of A, B, C, D within Lagos axis.
VO: Are you married?
Me: No
VO: Have you traveled out before?
Me: No, I have had no reason to
VO: I will be holding on to your passport. He gave me white paper. He didn't ask for my SOA. I didn't wait to hear anything again. Thank you. The interview was just like 1-2minutes to me.
I picked up my passport today at DHL office and my F1 visa was on it.
I bless God for His favour, His banner of love. I encourage people to trust God and prepare well. Like my pastor W F Kumuyi said in one of his Messages. He said pray and plant, pray and purge, pray and pursue, pray and press on, pray and pour out, pray and persevere.
I am saying in short words pray and plan, pray and prepare.
I want to thank nairaland, the trusted man who paid for my sevis fee Mr walspring on nairaland here. People who posted their transcripts here and my coach Mr Femi Omoyeni, He got his visa ahead of me, God really used him for me and he's still using him. We will both meet at Tennessee by God's grace. Thanks
Who says there is no God, by the time I share the story of my life and how Mighty God is. He/She will surrender to God. Jesus saves!!

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sam4jesuseva(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2018
Please can I still use my Nigeria SIM card for some days in US before I get my US no. If yes, how do i go about it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hellooo, can I cancel my visa interview appointment in peace?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Hellooo, can I cancel my visa interview appointment in peace?
yes you can cancel in peace just once ooo because if you try cancelling it the second time you would be expected to pay another visa fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2018
Abayomin70:

Wish him bad for what
What will I gain or Los

He is coming here telling lies
You can never get into America July 2016 and get a permanent resident card in July 2018
He said he got here July 2016 and this is july 2018
It is not possible
What he probably have is a conditional green card

NOT EVERYBODY HERE IS IGNORANT AND DONT KNOW THE MEANING OF GREEN CARD

Before I proceed with the rest of the thread and the foreseen drama, although this is late but I can tell you what you said here is possible. I've seen someone, a school dropout who got green card under 1 year and joined the military to get citizenship within 2 or 2.5 years. A failed system in this case.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2018
sureb0yy:
I'm now a legal permanent resident of this place... and I'm starting my job at progressive insurance on Monday 8/6 in the claims department. Not the best job in the world but I'd take $50k p.a. right now considering all I've been through lol. My second part-time job will earn me between $4h and $1k a month too so... not a bad start.

Oh you're the one I talked to about my glass claim the other time and you put me on a long conversation as usual.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by FA13(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
sam4jesuseva:
My appointment was scheduled on 4th of August. Even getting an appointment was testimony. If I should start sharing all the testimonies from the beginning. I think I will take pages.
When I got to the "strong room" after the serious security checks. I was so nervous having seen many people rejected, even a woman with kids rejected. Of all the minutes I spent there I saw only one lady being approved, all others are refusal blue papers. All I was saying was quoting bible verse and saying the prayer point my pastor gave me.
Two guys ahead of me on the same window were rejected. All I discovered (may be) was that they could not answer properly or convince the VO of their study plan.
Me: I gave him my passport with Form I-20, Passport and Sevis Fee and Appointment Confirmation
Me: I am going to US for my master degree in Chemistry (Biochemistry concentration), Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee
Me: Thank God for my coach Bro. Omoyeni. He prepared me for this question. My answer: After thorough research, (I don't even know exactly my initial statement). Living expenses or cost of living in Tennessee is quite lower than average American states. I am satisfied with the research done in my area of concentration in the universities and I find the schools affordable
Me. I think this was where the people ahead of me failed. Thank God for coach Omoyeni. He encouraged me to research about my study plan, which spurred me to contact my course advisor through email. He gave me my study plan and names of lecturers handling them for the fall semester as requested.
Now my answer: A minimum of 3.0/4.0 is required for my graduation. For fall semester, I will be offering 9 credit hours sometimes I call it credit units.
3 credit units for Advance Organic Chemistry handling by Dr XYZ, he looked at me in awe, I continued another 3 credit hours for Advance Biochemistry taken by Dr ABC and Spectroscopic Methods taken by Dr NPK which is another 3 credit hours.
He was impressed, shaking his head. He did not even allow me to mention my thesis credit hours, then he moved to the next question
Me: I submitted my transcripts for evaluation by ECE and official one was sent to the University. I wrote standardized tests (TOEFL and GRE), Recommendation letters were sent by my lecturers to the University.
Me: I was offered graduate assistantship which covers my tuition fee and more than 80% of my living expenses. I have personal saving to cater for the rest
Me: I work as a class teacher in XYZ and as a private home tutor of A, B, C, D within Lagos axis.
VO: I will be holding on to your passport. He gave me white paper. He didn't ask for my SOA. I didn't wait to hear anything again. Thank you. The interview was just like 1-2minutes to me.
I bless God for His favour, His banner of love. I encourage people to trust God and prepare well. Like my pastor W F Kumuyi said in one of his Messages. He said pray and plant, pray and purge, pray and pursue, pray and press on, pray and pour out, pray and persevere.
I want to thank nairaland, the trusted man who paid for my sevis fee Mr walspring on nairaland here. People who posted their transcripts here and my coach Mr Femi Omoyeni, He got his visa ahead of me, God really used him for me and he's still using him. We will both meet at Tennessee by God's grace. Thanks
Who says there is no God, by the time I share the story of my life and how Mighty God is. He/She will surrender to God. Jesus saves!!

Congrats. I hope you made plans to travel soonest? Keep serving God o.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2018
sureb0yy:
Barring any unfortunate events, I'm projected to get my U.S. citizenship in 2021. That's 5 years for me too. I know people who predicted harsh events for me because I didn't come here on funding to study a STEM course. Without sounding condescending, I can tell you my gamble paid off.

Yes, you will be ready to apply for citizenship in the next 3 years if your green card is through marriage, which I believe it is.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
Good afternoon house, pls i need advice on this.

I got Assistantship that covers my tuition with stipend but it does not appear on my I-20 becos the Assistantship came after i got my I-20.

Is it normal i put the Assistantship contract form together with my I-20 inside my international passport when going for my interview or i should wait for the VO to ask for it.

Also my school resume 27th of this month and my interview is scheduled for 20th of this month. The school payment due date is 17th of this month which is 3 days before my interview, i mailed the school if i can pay for the Fees that my GA does not cover after my visa is approved and i got a response from the bursary assistant director that i should make sure i pay those fee not covered by my GA on or before the payment due date in other to avoid cancellation of my schedules, she said” should my visa is deneid a refund will be processed. Pls is it adviceable i pay this fee and if i pay when VO ask who will be paying can i say “i got research assistantship that covers my tuition and my dad will be responsible for other expenses, as a matter of fact i have paid all fee that my GA does not cover becos of the payment due date” pls my good people advice me. My head is boiling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2018
patsodek:
Thanks bro. My passport is ready for pick up. Not easy to be on administrative processing for 2 weeks.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Olakunle080(m): 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Sorry i hardly check pm these days .... a faster way of reaching me is to quote a post . One day when i am less busy I go back to checking pm. But at the moment work and life keeps me to busy

Pls I need your help @lagosismyhome to review my visa transcript.

I'm new here, but I've read about many people giving kudos to you as regards your efforts in helping them get their F1 visa approved
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ijebuboy525:

Hello bro, what’s the reason for why some ppl can’t get renewal for the temporary green card after it expires?

Inconsistencies in documentation, false misrepresentation, failure to prove Bona fide marriage (in case of GC by marriage), legal issues etc.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Segunagagu(m): 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2018
Pls help me with their details..I want to register too. I don't know how to go about it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2018
tunz001:

I sent you an email sir!...

Sorry, I just get to check this forum today. It's the last week before school resumes, so I've been really busy with the family. I will check for your message, if it's not too late by now. Let me know if it's necessary to reply or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ubah1:

You were right about your testimony. Now US has started giving PR immediately they issue work permit to people

I think is still the same as before unless the process has changed. After about 4 months you've filed for adjustment of status, you get a work permit and within few weeks after the work permit, you get your green card interview invitation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
fall2019:

Bros, since we cant discuss the ways here. kindly confirm my PM so you brief me jejely. cry cry cry .....I stay humble. Success is what matters #fall2019

If I'm right you still waiting for fall 2019 to be a student. If I were you, I would focus on getting my student visa first before worrying about green card. That F1 visa is not so easy to get. Go to immhelp and uscis website if you want to know about legal ways of getting green card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2018
LagosismyHome:

I can confirm that it NOT TRUE that green card OR PR is automatically given with work permit

You are right LagosismyHome. I think what he mixed up is what I quoted below. From work permit approval to GC interview invitation is usually around 30 days. And the interview will likely take place before the next 30 days. So when you tell people, they automatically think everything happens at the same time.

imperiouxx:

I think is still the same as before unless the process has changed. After about 4 months you've filed for adjustment of status, you get a work permit and within few weeks after the work permit, you get your green card interview invitation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kunlelikeme: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hello guys,please does anyone know the meaning of administrative review of f1 visa?I am invited for another interview at the embassy after being initially approved.
I am really worried about this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2018
@ aamstih, lalahhh, ChemEngr01, rkay, NefT, daking10, iceberge, Teaser0904, wumzy, Osiokoye, TobigSpice, Lawrence2291, kunlelikeme, sheke01, Ekebs, Knight1990, mroluyemo, tonasibe, Ryansplich, Orlaboday, RexCheeng, Ayokunle4291, sam4jesuseva

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Not correct.

Most if not all work permits are given way ahead of any green card approval. Most work permits are valid for only a year pending on the type of petitions being filed. Once the green card is approved the work permit is useless because the green card(permanent residence card) supersedes the work permit card's authority to work anywhere.

yemiosinbajo:

If the GC is approved, the EAD is no longer needed and will no longer come.

You're absolutely correct. Not the other way round like Chapecoense said it. My work permit was only useful for 2 months before green card status kicks in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Segunagagu(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
sam4jesuseva:
I tap into this in Jesus name ooooo.. Amen!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Suppy083337: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!

Good afternoon house, pls i need advice on this.

I got Assistantship that covers my tuition with stipend but it does not appear on my I-20 becos the Assistantship came after i got my I-20.

Is it normal i put the Assistantship contract form together with my I-20 inside my international passport when going for my interview or i should wait for the VO to ask for it.

Also my school resume 27th of this month and my interview is scheduled for 20th of this month. The school payment due date is 17th of this month which is 3 days before my interview, i mailed the school if i can pay for the Fees that my GA does not cover after my visa is approved and i got a response from the bursary assistant director that i should make sure i pay those fee not covered by my GA on or before the payment due date in other to avoid cancellation of my schedules, she said” should my visa is deneid a refund will be processed. Pls is it adviceable i pay this fee and if i pay when VO ask who will be paying can i say “i got research assistantship that covers my tuition and my dad will be responsible for other expenses, as a matter of fact i have paid all fee that my GA does not cover becos of the payment due date” pls my good people advice me. My head is boiling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hushee:
Second interview (27/12/2017)

Almost the same with the first, the only difference was that the same guy that did my biometric interviewed me and he was nice until he looked shocked at something he saw on his screen. He also asked if i was married and i said no, he later asked "what of traditional marriage"?, I said no. He then said he couldn't approve me at that time, I asked him to tell me why but he said he's not allowed to do that. I just said thank you and I left.

What's it with this part?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 08, 2018
sunshineluv5:
yes you can cancel in peace just once ooo because if you try cancelling it the second time you would be expected to pay another visa fee
bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (514)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.