Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (915260 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shiffi(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
imperiouxx:

Cheers!

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by bigfrancis21: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
Congratulations to the latest approvals in the house.

$400 for sale, I can pay 2 SEVIS fees for prospective students.

Please contact me ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
justwise:

I can't believe that I'm reading that from you, dude you have been interviewed by the VO before and must know that they take note.

Even with zero balance receipt his sister is highly likely to be refused the next visa because the VO might have asked these two questions.. what are you going to US to do? And will you be seeking medical treatment while in US? In b1/b2 visa interviews you get asked those two questions and 3rd likely question is..are you pregnant?(if you are a woman) if failed to use those opportunities to tell the truth during the interview then you need a miracle to get that visa renewed.

NLers don't like to hear anything lol. i've said it many times, the law isn't just A or B. How the everyday person would see something like this is gonna be completely different from how a lawyer would see it.

I don't wanna argue too much sha. The op said during the interview, his sister said she wasn't going to visit the doctor. Sister stayed a total of 5 months before going home. Somewhere between this period, there was a doctor's visit and the baby was born. Intent is one of the most complex things to prove. There's no proof that she lied to the VO.

Nowhere in the story did he say that action was premeditated. When the new VO said "you told the then VO that you weren't going to visit a doctor, you visited a doctor and had your baby", at that point, he should have explained why it happened. "We had no plans to visit a doctor in the US or we had no intention to visit the doctor or have the baby there. It was due to..." shikenan!
A visit to a lawyer would have fixed that.

The only factor counting against the people in question is that they're back in Nigeria applying for visa and they're going by themselves. If they were still here and they're applying for something like GC with a lawyer, this is a simple case.

At the part in bold. All those would make sense if the sister was asked whether she was pregnant and she lied about it. (read OP's post again, nothing like that). In my reply, I said the OP should come and tell the whole story. Students are asked all the time, what are you going to do? who's paying for your studies? Will you be staying in the US after studies?

They all say No. In the end, some will come and claim financial hardship, some will adjust status and not go back. How many students on here have plans to go back to Nigeria and work at oil companies, their fathers' businesses, etc.? How many get here and change their minds after a semester? Plenty. smiley

There's a reason people with complex situations are advised not to say anything until they've talked to a lawyer. Just like your insurance company will tell you... If you're in an accident, no matter what, do NOT admit to any fault. They have to prove you're at fault.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
imperiouxx:

The case is more complicated than what you explained. A pregnant woman knows when the arrival date would be. They should have left US before or by the 3rd trimester (last 3 months). Emergency in pregnancy like you described would lead to preterm birth. But the guy didn't say they had a prem baby. So, it's a full term baby with a known arrival date. It will take a novice VO who is not supervised to agree that the baby arrival was impromptu. If one is going to get a visa in Nigeria and knows it's going to be under serious scrutiny, then one should have been truthful the first time. In 2011 in Abuja embassy, I saw a lady that had 1 child in US under disguise, denied a renewal for covering up her pregnancy and delivered in US, even with all her receipts. The guy in question should try his luck, who knows what kind of luck he has?

All you're doing is creating possible scenarios. Which is the same thing I'm doing. That's the reason this case is easy. The fact is it could have been anything. Having the baby in the U.S is not the problem. The problem according to the OP is that they told VO there weren't going visit the doctor (I guess to have a baby), but they did.

The question is did they lie to the VO? once they prove they didn't lie... forget. I can think of many ways to prove it was simply circumstantial and not premeditated. Anyhow sha. I rest my phone.

Law is complex.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2018
segunjames82:

Hello everyone, 
HELP! HELP!! HELP!!!
I need an advice on an F1 visa issue and will really appreciate if I can get a way forward out of this. I know this house is full of gurus and highly blessed. Kindly help a sister in a jam.
My story goes thus:
Sometimes in 2016, my pregnant sister and her husband with their son applied for a US tourist visa and were granted. During the interview, the consular asked whether my sister will visit the doctor and she replied negative. My sister spent 5 months in the US and returned with the child. Their visa expired and the husband is the busy type and has no time for the renewal. Fast forward to this year, the husband was granted admission for a graduate study in the USA and was even offered a little scholarship by the school. The husband applied for F1 visa and was refused. During the interview, the consular stated that the husband travelled with his wife without their child to the USA two years ago and gave birth there after having misinformed the then consular that they will not visit the doctor. She asked where the wife is and the husband answered that she is at home with her business. She also asked how much was paid and the husband answered. The consular also asked for the receipt but the husband answered that when the wife is coming to renew her visa,she will bring it along. My sister's husband doesn't want to miss this scholarship so he wants to apply again before the school resumes late this month. What can he do to be granted the visa? Should he apply with his family again for F1 and F2 visa? Any suggestions from the gurus and VO's in the house?will really cherish one right now. Also, i believe it's the wife that wants to be punished by the VO, is it possible for the husband to be be approved the F1 while the wife is denied for the F2? Please kindly reply. All suggestions are welcome.

sureb0yy:

NLers don't like to hear anything lol. i've said it many times, the law isn't just A or B. How the everyday person would see something like this is gonna be completely different from how a lawyer would see it.

I don't wanna argue too much sha. The op said during the interview, his sister said she wasn't going to visit the doctor. Sister stayed a total of 5 months before going home. Somewhere between this period, there was a doctor's visit and the baby was born. Intent is one of the most complex things to prove. There's no proof that she lied to the VO.

Nowhere in the story did he say that action was premeditated. When the new VO said "you told the then VO that you weren't going to visit a doctor, you visited a doctor and had your baby", at that point, he should have explained why it happened. "We had no plans to visit a doctor in the US or we had no intention to visit the doctor or have the baby there. It was due to..." shikenan!
A visit to a lawyer would have fixed that.

The only factor counting against the people in question is that they're back in Nigeria applying for visa and they're going by themselves. If they were still here and they're applying for something like GC with a lawyer, this is a simple case.

At the part in bold. All those would make sense if the sister was asked whether she was pregnant and she lied about it. (read OP's post again, nothing like that). In my reply, I said the OP should come and tell the whole story. Students are asked all the time, what are you going to do? who's paying for your studies? Will you be staying in the US after studies?

They all say No. In the end, some will come and claim financial hardship, some will adjust status and not go back. How many students on here have plans to go back to Nigeria and work at oil companies, their fathers' businesses, etc.? How many get here and change their minds after a semester? Plenty. smiley

There's a reason people with complex situations are advised not to say anything until they've talked to a lawyer. Just like your insurance company will tell you... If you're in an accident, no matter what, do NOT admit to any fault. They have to prove you're at fault.

I'm not sure you read his post before replying because you seems to be playing along with some sort of theory as if you are creating your own narrative.

One of the VOs here has written at length about this type of situation I even copied and attached it to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures.

This is a very common situation with many Nigerians traveling to US for child birth.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by NefT: 11:23pm On Aug 10, 2018
Arrived JFK friday 1:06am US time, connecting flight to houston via NC. POE experience, no hastle at all. POE isn't a big deal, he only asked if I am carrying meat and I said no, any food? I said Garri. Still on my way to by bus to my final destination. I owe all to this thread. Thanks to all the gurus. Infact I met a Nigerian woman that offered me a ride to the bus station. She knew I was in need and sensed I was a Nigerian.
Lest I forget criminals and dubious people everywhere even in America. I lost $100 to them, e pain me no be small.

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Flaame(m): 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
BigFrancis please pay for me? My interview is next wednesday....Peterudeagha@gmail.com...for inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
imperiouxx:

I may have qualified for it based on NM state law on poverty level but such I believe doesn't reach the embassy here in Nigeria. Don't forget that we showed large sum of money when applying for the visa and so we should be able to take care for our staying in US by ourselves. This is why I didn't submit those forms. Also, I only went to the hospital for a reduction in my monthly payment not for any public assistance. Any government assisted program that helps you to pay a bill or gives you aids etc is regarded as public assistant. Everything done in US goes into one's record, so I can't say things like that can't be pulled up if needed by the appropriate body. Lastly, medical bill is not part of hipaa and hipaa rules can be rendered insignificant by government.

Bros please what's your take on this school applying for nursing undergraduate

Auburn University at Montgomery
University in Montgomery, Alabama
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by paulbets: 11:59pm On Aug 10, 2018
jelmusboy:
Should it come under "employment" category or I should choose "unemployed" and explain in the box given?

Chose unemployed and use the box to explain what you just said.
Don't fill in employed o!!!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:11am On Aug 11, 2018
sureb0yy:

All you're doing is creating possible scenarios. Which is the same thing I'm doing. That's the reason this case is easy. The fact is it could have been anything. Having the baby in the U.S is not the problem. The problem according to the OP is that they told VO there weren't going visit the doctor (I guess to have a baby), but they did.

The question is did they lie to the VO? once they prove they didn't lie... forget. I can think of many ways to prove it was simply circumstantial and not premeditated. Anyhow sha. I rest my phone.

Law is complex.

Yes, there are many right ways of giving birth in US. Whatever ways they've taken before shouldn't stop them for trying to renew their visa. Only the VO knows what's right for this case. Thats why I asked him to talk to NIV first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 12:12am On Aug 11, 2018
Imustreturn:

Bros please what's your take on this school applying for nursing undergraduate

Auburn University at Montgomery
University in Montgomery, Alabama

You should be fine.

ATB!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sospunky: 12:20am On Aug 11, 2018
I applied for study visa in Canada and was refused..i applied for schools in Canada and US.
Pls guys if asked why i was refused Canadian visa and why US now.what response is the best pls.
I need ur opinions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Anahi(f): 12:25am On Aug 11, 2018
Visa approved on the 4th of august 2018 after first denial, really grateful to God and everyone that has contributed on this thread.

For my first interview, I honestly wasn’t as prepared as I thought, I actually felt like it was going to be very easy to get.

Worst thing after the denial was when I tried to book an appointment and it just seemed impossible. The frustration was not here at all! Imagine the number of times I called them and they kept saying the same thing. My account was even frozen multiple times due to constant checking but thank God that’s all history now.

First interview transcript on the 23rd of may, 2018
VO- Why are you going to the US .
Me : I'm going for my masters in Industrial Engineering at texas A&M - Kingsville
VO : Why Industrial Engineering
Me : - (I think i said a lot of rubbish here) While working as a research assistant at **** and undertaking engineering projects, I realized that optimization would be required to reduce wastages and bla bla.. (i didn't make any sense, trust me)
VO : What kind of research do you do
Me : We research on Manufacturing systems, sustainability...(vo cuts in)
VO : How many schools
Me : 4 schools
VO : Name them
Me : Texas A&M, Purdue, Penn State, Stevens’s institute
VO : Why Tamuk
Me : Tamuk offers a specialization in sustainable manufacturing which is in line with my career interests and I was also awarded a graduate scholarship which made it more affordable for me
VO : Did you take GRE?
Me : Yes i did
VO : Can I see your report?
Me : I don't have it there with me
VO : But you know you should have it with you,
Me : I'm sorry i actually didn't know...
VO : Any relatives in the US ?
Me : Yes, My parents and sis,
VO : What are your parents doing in the US?
Me : My parents are permanent residents (lol, my mistake, i was tensed at this point, that was obviously not an answer to her question)
That was it! She said the usual then said the reason is not because I forgot my GRE report but she feels I have too many ties to the US

2ND interview on 4th August 2018

Interviewed by a very friendly white man at Walter Carrington, Lagos
VO – Good morning how are you doing?
Me: (Smiles) Good morning, I’m doing great, Thanks
VO – Can I have your passport and I-20
(Passes them)
VO - What school are you going to
Me - Texas A & M Kingsville
VO- And what course?
Me - Industrial Engineering
VO - Oh. What was your undergraduate degree and which school?
Me - I studied Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Covenant University
VO- (Smiles) Great! I think Covenant is one of the tops schools here, they have very good reviews (I just kept on smiling and nodding). How was your stay there, did you enjoy it?
Me - Yes I did
VO - Even with rules and regulations?
Me - Oh that wasn’t a problem for me at all.
VO - (Just laughing and typing stuff) What do your parents do for a living
Me - My dad is a medical doctor, he works with ***** and my mum runs her own business, she has a farm and – (cuts me off)
VO - You said you were going for mechanical engineering?
Me - No it’s industrial engineering
VO - Okay. I can see from your past transcript that your parents are legal permanent residents but I really don’t care about all of that
Me - (finally relieved cos that was my greatest fear), thank you
VO - Does your dad live in the us?
Me - No he doesn’t , he’s a medical doctor here in Nigeria, he only goes for holidays
VO - What are your plans after masters?
Me - I’ll come back to Nigeria to start my career as an industrial engineer and hopefully work in companies like General Electric, P and G.. (VO Cuts in)
VO - (Keeps smiling) How did your parents get their green card?
Me - I really don’t have all the info on that.
VO - (Laughs) Look, I will be issuing you your visa anyways I just want to know that’s all
Me - I’m really not so sure
VO -Did anyone file for them
Me - Probably my sis
VO - (smiles) Oh I see she’s a citizen.
Me - Yes she is
VO -(chuckles) Alright before I issue your visa, why did your parents leave you here, I mean they could have filed for you too
Me - It really wasn’t priority for me then and I didn’t think I would be going to the us
VO - Do you have statements?
(Passes them)
VO - (points at the bank logo) – whose account is this?
Me – It my Mums
VO - She lives in the us ?
Me - Yes.
VO - Oh what does she do?
Me - Sorry, I meant to say no, she’s there for holiday currently, She is still running her business here in Nigeria
VO - Oh she’s the one with the company
Me - Yes
(looks through statement for a while)
Me - (I was a bit tensed so I shouted) – I got a graduate scholarship so I would-( vo cuts in)
VO -(laughing) No need to stress I’ve already approved your visa just checking for something
Me - (Smiling) Okay thank you
VO - (picks up white paper) will you be living with your sis?
Me - At all, she stays in a different state
VO - Let me explain how this is done, you are to have your passport, I-20 and sevis payment, make sure they are together, makes sure you study hard cos it’s not always so easy, enjoy your stay in Texas. (passes white paper) pick up in 3 working days.
That was it people!! God showed me undeserved favor
Special thanks to tolatof, Mackynaija, monoemeks and everyone that contributed in one way or the other.

Lesson learned:
There is nothing wrong with overpreparation lol. Whatever you can do to boost your confidence please do, also don’t be over confident. Pray also for God's favour. It’ll be well for all of us.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 12:36am On Aug 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

You should be fine.

ATB!
yes boss

Wch of the options am I to select? The international or undergraduate?

No vex abeg.. Wetin no no big pass am

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Time2Smile(m): 12:52am On Aug 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Thank you. This is a similar article my wife sent to me few weeks ago but which I couldn't find when I needed it to support a post here. Yes. It's serious now and they can back track to get anyone. Say no to any assisted program even if you're on a resident status.

It would have been better if it is only limited to using programs that are widely known to be public assistance like Medicaid. But under this law, making use of some certain tax deductions and health insurance through Obamacare might make a non-citizen ineligible for Green card and naturalization.

This administration strongly anti-immigrant and anti-foreigner and hopefully will be voted out soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Wealth7(m): 12:59am On Aug 11, 2018
Anahi:
[/b]TRANSCRIPT
Visa approved on the 4th of august 2018 after first denial, really grateful to God and everyone that has contributed on this thread.

For my first interview, I honestly wasn’t as prepared as I thought, I actually felt like it was going to be very easy to get.

Worst thing after the denial was when I tried to book an appointment it just seemed impossible, The frustration was not here at all! Imagine the number of times I called them and they kept saying the same thing. My account was even frozen multiple times due to constant checking but thank God that’s all history now.

[b]First interview transcript on the 23rd of may, 2018

Me : I'm going for my masters in Industrial Engineering at texas A&M - Kingsville
Me : - (I think i said a lot of rubbish here) While working as a research assistant at **** and undertaking engineering projects, I realized that optimization would be required to reduce wastages and bla bla.. (i didn't make any sense, trust me)
Me : Tamuk offers a specialization in sustainable manufacturing which is in line with my career interests and I was also awarded a graduate scholarship which made it more affordable for me
Me : My parents are permanent residents (lol, my mistake, i was tensed at this point, that was obviously not an answer to her question)
That was it! She said the usual then said the reason is not because I forgot my GRE report but she feels I have too many ties to the US

(Passes them)
VO- And what course?
VO- (Smiles) Great! I think Covenant is one of the tops schools here, they have very good reviews (I just kept on smiling and nodding). How was your stay there, did you enjoy it?
Me - Yes I did
Me - My dad is a medical doctor, he works with ***** and my mum runs her own business, she has a farm and – (cuts me off)
VO - Okay. I can see from your past transcript that your parents are legal permanent residents but I really don’t care about all of that
Me - No he doesn’t , he’s a medical doctor here in Nigeria, he only goes for holidays
Me - I’ll come back to Nigeria to start my career as an industrial engineer and hopefully work in companies like General Electric, P and G.. (VO Cuts in)
VO - (Laughs) Look, I will be issuing you your visa anyways I just want to know that’s all
Me - Probably my sis
Me - Yes she is
VO -(chuckles) Alright before I issue your visa, why did your parents leave you here, I mean they could have filed for you too
Me - It really wasn’t priority for me then and I didn’t think I would be going to the us
(Passes them)
Me – It my Mums
Me - Yes.
Me - Sorry, I meant to say no, she’s there for holiday currently, She is still running her business here in Nigeria
Me - Yes
Me - (I was a bit tensed so I shouted) – I got a graduate scholarship so I would-( vo cuts in)
VO -(laughing) No need to stress I’ve already approved your visa just checking for something
VO - Let me explain how this is done, you are to have your passport, I-20 and sevis payment, make sure they are together, makes sure you study hard cos it’s not always so easy, enjoy your stay in Texas. (passes white paper) pick up in 3 working days.
Special thanks to tolatof, Mackynaija, monoemeks and everyone that contributed in one way or the other.

Lesson learned:
There is nothing wrong with overpreparation lol. Whatever you can do to boost your confidence please do, also don’t be over confident. Pray also. It’ll be well for all of us.

No matter how one prepares, God is a big factor in visa approval... Ur case is a big example.if u noticed, the Vo’s mind had already been made up u was gonna be approved. Trust me only God can perform such wonder. Stay blessed n enjoy ur studies.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tunz001(m): 1:21am On Aug 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Sorry, I just get to check this forum today. It's the last week before school resumes, so I've been really busy with the family. I will check for your message, if it's not too late by now. Let me know if it's necessary to reply or not

It is still necessary , feel free to reply me anytime you are less busy sir.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:00am On Aug 11, 2018
Imustreturn:
yes boss

Wch of the options am I to select? The international or undergraduate?

No vex abeg.. Wetin no no big pass am

You're an international undergrad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by imperiouxx(m): 2:01am On Aug 11, 2018
tunz001:

It is still necessary , feel free to reply me anytime you are less busy sir.
Thanks

I will check now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 4:11am On Aug 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

Yes, there are many right ways of giving birth in US. Whatever ways they've taken before shouldn't stop them for trying to renew their visa. Only the VO knows what's right for this case. Thats why I asked him to talk to NIV first.

I completely agree with you but you should know that the matter wasn't a question of morality and please understand where I'm coming from. Strictly based on what the OP posted, it's only speculative to say they lied to the VO. Nothing suggested it, that's my own.

I'm only looking for a way out, possible solutions for the OP. Nothing serious. If this had been an AOS interview where they could go with a lawyer, the matter would have turned out differently.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 4:24am On Aug 11, 2018
justwise:

I'm not sure you read his post before replying because you seems to be playing along with some sort of theory as if you are creating your own narrative.

One of the VOs here has written at length about this type of situation I even copied and attached it to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4250945/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures.

This is a very common situation with many Nigerians traveling to US for child birth.

I can assure you I read his post. Please read it again as your prejudice is starting to show. Many Nigerians travel to the US for child birth. Maybe some of them abuse the system, lie to the VO, etc. I don't disagree with that. My point is that for this particular case, and what the OP revealed, there is NO proof they lied to the VO. If you have proof, please I'm genuinely interested in knowing. From your logic, all students telling the VO they would be going back home after studies should also be denied future GC or visa renewals if they change their minds?

When you face a situation like this, you only work with the information given. Speculations are just speculations. Opinions are opinions. I'm not supporting foul play, OP should reveal more info. Until then, let's work with what he revealed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:32am On Aug 11, 2018
sureb0yy:

Law is complex.

Changing mind is ok but the standard process if the purpose of your visa changes especially if it for child birth then you send a letter of change of intent to the embassy so they have that on record before you travel

So i think that was their missing puzzle.... now they are strict with women so from your renewal interview the VO easily helps you calculate your conception date tongue if you have an American baby . It better not be within 9 months if you say no the first time and change your mind then formally let them know. Simple .

They built a process regarding that but our people no won follow due process. Although some cases are actually lack of information while some just try to be smart and not follow due process . In this case they hinted they purposely lied and the embassy sees that all the time. The minute we start following due process and stop trying to beat the system then small change will begin in Nigeria . The change starts from the little things

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by GetUmad: 4:38am On Aug 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Gosh what a horrible person she met at the bank. Maybe he didn't hear or understand her , even with that what gives him the right to say such rubbish . Some people associate western union with internet scam but the bank guy is still an idiot

Sevis is paid in western union centres not in a bank. Let her go online to west union and put her zip code to find which is closest to her hotel .
I don't understand why y'all keep saying SEVIS fee can't be paid in the bank. Some banks actually offer Western union services and SEVIS fee can be paid there.

What could have possible happened between the lady and the guy would be inability to understand the lady well. The guy didn't understand her.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Imustreturn(m): 4:54am On Aug 11, 2018
imperiouxx:

You're an international undergrad.
OK Sir. Its not me shaa.. Helping a 16 years old babe apply oo.

Which other school can u recommend for me please.. Its for nursing.

Bless you sir tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sureb0yy: 4:59am On Aug 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Changing mind is ok but the standard process if the purpose of your visa changes especially if it for child birth then you send a letter of change of intent to the embassy so they have that on record before you travel

So i think that was their missing puzzle.... now they are strict with women so from your renewal interview the VO easily helps you calculate your conception date tongue if you have an American baby . It better not be within 9 months if you say no the first time and change your mind [/b]then formally let them know. [b] Simple .

They built a process regarding that but our people no won follow due process. Although some cases are actually lack of information while some just try to be smart and not follow due process . In this case they hinted they purposely lied and the embassy sees that all the time. The minute we start following due process and stop trying to beat the system then small change will begin in Nigeria . The change starts from the little things

Good answer. This is why I said to contact a lawyer lol. I don't know what the law says about having an obligation to inform them of a change of intent. At the part in bold, if you say no to what? Being pregnant? Having your child here? See, the OP's story is incomplete.

They hinted that they purposely lied? Please quote the part where you got that hint. I'm not saying you lied o. I just wanna see what I missed.

But let's let the matter go.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:14am On Aug 11, 2018
sureb0yy:

Good answer. This is why I said to contact a lawyer lol. I don't know what the law says about having an obligation to inform them of a change of intent. At the part in bold, if you say no to what? Being pregnant? Having your child here? See, the OP's story is incomplete.

They hinted that they purposely lied? Please quote the part where you got that hint. I'm not saying you lied o. I just wanna see what I missed.

But let's let the matter go.

Now they ask women or family applicants if you intend to give birth or see a doctor or if it purely for visit and I think that response is recorded somewhere and can be revisited at renewal or POE. That I have heard often that the record is and can be pulled out . So i think your comment is based on not understanding the process now at the US embassy in Nigeria for women who go return with a baby. If you understand it trust me your comment will be different .

Lawyer maybe you are adjusting status or something but lawyer for visiting b1b2 .... even the lawyer won't answer you . Visiting visa is at a VO discretion .

My story goes thus:
Sometimes in 2016, my pregnant sister and her husband with their son applied for a US tourist visa and were granted. During the interview, the consular asked whether my sister will visit the doctor and she replied negative. My sister spent 5 months in the US and returned with the child.

and gave birth there after having misinformed the then consular that they will not visit the doctor.

From the statement she was pregnant when she applied, probably even visible. ...from the second visit I gathered that the question was asked explicitly the first time .. although it doesn't say purposely lie so I give that to you. It wasn't hinted

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Spotlighte: 6:22am On Aug 11, 2018
sospunky:
Congrats...

quote author=Anahi post=70173039][/b]TRANSCRIPT

Worst thing after the denial was when I tried to book an appointment it just seemed impossible, The frustration was not here at all! Imagine the number of times I called them and they kept saying the same thing. My account was even frozen multiple times due to constant checking but thank God that’s all history now.

[b]First interview transcript on the 23rd of may, 2018

(Passes them)
VO- And what course?
Me - Yes I did
Me - Probably my sis
Me - Yes she is
(Passes them)
Me – It my Mums
Me - Yes.
Me - Yes

Lesson learned:
There is nothing wrong with overpreparation lol. Whatever you can do to boost your confidence please do, also don’t be over confident. Pray also. It’ll be well for all of us.

I like this one. ��
Congratulations dear.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Anahi(f): 6:46am On Aug 11, 2018
Yes o, it was God's favour! Thank you. I said one has to be prepared because the interview is not always predictable.
Wealth7:

No matter how one prepares, God is a big factor in visa approval... Ur case is a big example.if u noticed, the Vo’s mind had already been made up u was gonna be approved. Trust me only God can perform such wonder. Stay blessed n enjoy ur studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by jacksonyito: 7:10am On Aug 11, 2018
Now my transcript...
Vo : good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: pls excuse me
Me: chest beating seriously n was trying to calm myself down before he got back
Vo: what course did u apply for:
Me: msc in financial economics (cos I had economics on my I-20)
Vo: Why this course
Me: as an analyst...cuts in
Vo: tell me about a recent project u worked on
Me: for a client who had interest in exporting, I worked on the impact of exchange rate volatility on export using GARCH and ARCH models
Vo- I can see u ve a huge scholarship, did u take any test?
Me-yes I did, gmat score 700
Vo-ok good...
Who's your sponsor
Me- my mums kid brother,
What does he do
Executive director of....., he didn't get the name, I said that's where I work presently....
OK
Have u been refused Canada visa before
Yes
Why?
I believe I didn't present my case well enough to convince the visa officer well enough to grant my visa..
OK
When did u graduate?
Ok...
How many schs
4.. (I can't remember if he asked me to name em or not sef...surprising abi �, wasn't myself)
Then he passed me the white paper bla bla

It was just God...although all my docs were genuine buh none was asked for...even the soa or gmat.

I think u can over prepare n still forget under pressure...buh the God factor is Omnipotent. From wah ve read on here from previous transcript. It was like I was treated like a phd student (some ll understand wah i mean) cos it was so fast...2 mins I think

Few years ago, I was on gmat thread (wrote it 3 times), later Canada, and now US and now heading toward POE info thread. just saying dont give up, keep main focus, even if u ve to change intermediate focus

I doubt if much can be learnt from my post tho.

I need someone to gimme info on poe issues abeg.

Thanks guys.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:32am On Aug 11, 2018
jacksonyito:
Now my transcript...
Vo
I doubt if much can be learnt from my post tho.

I need someone to gimme info on poe issues abeg.

Thanks guys.

Congrats and God bless your new journey

No POE issues or info. Just have all your document and answer any questions asked. Most people don't spend more than one minute at POE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.