Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (913325 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by kfrosh: 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2018
Stop spamming! Sevis fee is valid for a year.
DanteFixo:

Please do I need to pay another sevis fee if my visa was denied and I want to reapply ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DanteFixo: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2018
kfrosh:
Stop spamming! Sevis fee is valid for a year.
Ok thank u ... I just needed the information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
@DanteFixo

Please stop spamming this thread with your whatsapp group question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DanteFixo: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2018
justwise:
@DanteFixo

Please stop spamming this thread with your whatsapp group question

Please u don’t need to be rude , if u check my profile u would see I’m a new user and I’m still trying to get grip of how nairaland works . Secondly I’m not spamming , I just need an answer to a question and I have gotten it so chill. What do I Gain by spamming and I can’t remember directing any question to u . Once more thanks to the other users for their speedy reply .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shiffi(m): 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello guys, Please is there a thread for port of entry experience for people with F1 visa? your responses will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Ubah1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
shiffi:
Hello guys, Please is there a thread for port of entry experience for people with F1 visa? your responses will be appreciated.

There is no issues at POE. Just have your document (i20) handby and answer any questions asked. Most people don't spend more than one minute at POE

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2018
DanteFixo:

Please do I need to pay another sevis fee if my visa was denied and I want to reapply ?

Depending on when you were denied... Sevis is valid for one year so if you denial is within one year to reapplying . Then NO, you don't need to pay again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
DanteFixo:

Please u don’t need to be rude , if u check my profile u would see I’m a new user and I’m still trying to get grip of how nairaland works . Secondly I’m not spamming , I just need an answer to a question and I have gotten it so chill. What do I Gain by spamming and I can’t remember directing any question to u . Once more thanks to the other users for their speedy reply .
First, I cant see any element of rudeness in his response and its obvious you don't know the meaning of spamming. Secondly, that is the mod of this thread, his responsibility is to coordinate and make susre no rule is being broken, so he is not out of place to respond to you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Northeastern: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ubah1:

There is no issues at POE. Just have your document (i20) handby and answer any questions asked. Most people don't spend more than one minute at POE

You don't mean it grin grin grin

The initial check or scanning of you passport that is then transmitted to generate you I - 94, the let me see your I - 20, the do you have any meat item, the capturing of the face and then the stamping. All in one minute?

Don't forget that the CBP official would scrutinise your details to make sure you're stamped in appropriately, i.e a timeframe for visitors and D/S for students.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
DanteFixo:

You can't remember because you were busy spamming the thread, read back to see if you asked me question or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by shiffi(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ubah1:

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DanteFixo: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
justwise:

You can't remember because you were busy spamming the thread, read back to see if you asked me question or not.

Sorry . I apologize

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by DanteFixo: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2018
femi312:
First, I cant see any element of rudeness in his response and its obvious you don't know the meaning of spamming. Secondly, that is the mod of this thread, his responsibility is to coordinate and make susre no rule is being broken, so he is not out of place to respond to you.

Point taken !!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Humble11: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
Northeastern:

You don't mean it grin grin grin

The initial check or scanning of you passport that is then transmitted to generate you I - 94, the let me see your I - 20, the do you have any meat item, the capturing of the face and then the stamping. All in one minute?

Don't forget that the CBP official would scrutinise your details to make sure you're stamped in appropriately, i.e a timeframe for visitors and D/S for students.

Lol... you should know he meant most people don’t spend much time at POE. Not necessarily one minute
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Jaked: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
[quote author=Nahum777 post=70102131]I have connected with the person. Thanks for your input. We are working on it. [/quote

Nahum77 pls I emailed u answer me..the mail is from anthony.jaked@gmail.com
Tx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Uzzy785(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Depending on when you were denied... Sevis is valid for one year so if you denial is within one year to reapplying . Then NO, you don't need to pay again

Pls how do i get across to you, my mail is uzobiggy@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omolorlarh: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2018
jacksonyito:
tnx... sure
sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Glocal1: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
MyAmericandream:
3weeks Ke, but it's within USA? Hope their 3-5days for 15dollz is real?
5 days within USA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
Uzzy785:

Pls how do i get across to you, my mail is uzobiggy@gmail.com

Best place to reach me is here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by afroxyz: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2018
TWoods:

Lol you're a joke. You have a visa interview, that you've been aware of for weeks. An interview that cost you in terms of an application fee, fees for standardized exams and air tickets. This interview is literally the crux on which your future hangs... and you were late for it... and we are the ones with the problem for not understanding why you were late? cheesy grin It seems to me that some people simply make comments, just for the sake of it. Don't worry, when he gets to the US, he should expect his professor to understand why he was late to his exam, although i worry that their "high learning" might not qualify them to understand.

I thought Americans were picky about being on time, then i went for a meeting in Germany... Nigerians were still sleeping.

I've just read 2 pages but from your comments, I LOVE YOU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by sunshineluv5: 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tizentos: 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
Visa transcript, Aug 10 2018, 7am slot(Lagos).
Approved, no document asked. Everything happened so fast, the conversation lasted for around 4min in addition to the VO spent typing. its just God all along.

I got to the venue around 6.55am, I hastingly joined the queue, did the usual clearance( Please come with your GTB receipt and make sure you did not alter your DS-160 less than 72 hours to your interview date). After clearance, we were directed to the main building, we went through series of checks, they took our biometrics, then I joined the queue of people to be interviewed. The CGI guy then directed me to window 2, the VO is a guy probably in his late 20s or early 30s. The guy and lady that was interviewed before me were denied. Then my turn,

VO: Good morning , how are you?
Me: Morning, am fine and you (no response)
VO: Pass your passport and i20
Me : Passed. (VO types for like a minute)
VO: Where are you going to?
Me:. I’m going to the University of Texas at Austin for my masters in electrical and computer engineering with specialization in integrated circuit and systems.
VO: (makes a funny face) masters? (Doctorate was actually indicated on my i20)
Me: Yes, but it’s PhD bound which means I would be automatically enrolled in their PhD program after my masters.
VO: Okay (smiles). So what’s your research interest and why?
Me: The graduate program of the electrical and computer engineering is divided into 9 different academic tracks, so I would be specializing in integrated circuit and systems (paused, no response from him). Actually people don’t really talk about it. (VO cuts in)
VO: Really, people don’t talk about it?
Me: Yes, compared to software development, AI and ML( VO nods his head). But the thing is, as we produce more software and improve on its capability to run more complex algorithms, we need to produce more hardware and scale it up to execute those tasks. With my experience in embedded systems and software development, I believe it’s the next thing for me to study.
VO: Okay, What’s your research interest he insisted.
Me: Am a masters students, I don’t really have a research interest. (VO still insisted) . Okay, I’m interested in embedded system.
VO: what’s embedded system(he gave a wicked look)
Me: Hmmm(Had a lot definitions, I just went blank for 2s). Well, we see embedded systems around from our smartphones, consumer electronics. For example, these devices have programmable chips in them that can be programmed to perform different task.
VO: (not satisfied, he points under his table). What processor does this computer use, is it an embedded system?
Me: Yeah kind of, it actually uses a microprocessor which are programmed from the factory. Unlike the ones we use for real embedded system project which are programmable. (VO smiles)
VO: Who’s your sponsor.
Me: I actually got a student loan from prodigy finance that covers tuition and living expenses. Also, my cousin will be supporting me with $4k ( I was about bringing out supporting docs thinking he would request for it).
VO: Are you married?
Me: No am single.
VO: Do you have kids?
Me: I said am single, so no kids. (I was like , o boy, no home ties, bad omen)
VO types for like 15 seconds. Then he circles an address on a white paper and said, You will have to pick up your visa at this address, you will receive an email or SMS. He passes my docs and white paper.
Me: Wanted to ask a question, before I came back do my senses, o boy your visa has been approved. Pick race.

Here is my verdict, just be yourself, and be natural. Don’t just be articulate, I saw people that were very articulate but I could detect that their response isn't convincing enough. Let your response make sense. What I mean by that is, let your story add up, we all have a unique story about ourselves, use it to your advantage to answering these personal questions such as why you want to study the course, how you got to know about it and your plan after graduate school. Be sincere in your response as well. In all, God’s grace is paramount and shouldn’t be underestimated.

I really appreciate those that took time to drop their transcripts, it really helped a lot. Thanks to the big guys that always make sure we don't get misinformed. God bless you all.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Uzzy785(m): 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2018
LagosismyHome:

Best place to reach me is here

I need mock interviews befor my interview pls. I have read transcripts here. I also sent you an email but no reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by omoluka: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
femi312:
No its not. Nothing like Pgd in the US. You might get that in Canada though
Ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by ZinoDaniels(m): 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
tizentos:
Visa transcript, Aug 10 2018, 7am slot.
Approved, no document asked. Everything happened so fast, the conversation lasted for around 4min in addition to the VO spent typing. its just God all along.

I got to the venue around 6.55am, I hastingly joined the queue, did the usual clearance( Please come with your GTB receipt and make sure you did not alter your DS-160 less than 72 hours to your interview date). After clearance, we were directed to the main building, we went through series of checks, they took our biometrics, then I joined the queue of people to be interviewed. The CGI guy then directed me to window 2, the VO is a guy probably in his late 20s or early 30s. The guy and lady that was interviewed before me were denied. Then my turn,

Me:. I’m going to the University of Texas at Austin for my masters in electrical and computer engineering with specialization in integrated circuit and systems.
Me: Yes, but it’s PhD bound which means I would be automatically enrolled in their PhD program after my masters.
Me: The graduate program of the electrical and computer engineering is divided into 9 different academic tracks, so I would be specializing in integrated circuit and systems (paused, no response from him). Actually people don’t really talk about it. (VO cuts in)
Me: Yes, compared to software development, AI and ML( VO nods his head). But the thing is, as we produce more software and improve on its capability to run more complex algorithms, we need to produce more hardware and scale it up to execute those tasks. With my experience in embedded systems and software development, I believe it’s the next thing for me to study.
Me: Am a masters students, I don’t really have a research interest. (VO still insisted) . Okay, I’m interested in embedded system.
Me: Hmmm(Had a lot definitions, I just went blank for 2s). Well, we see embedded systems around from our smartphones, consumer electronics. For example, these devices have programmable chips in them that can be programmed to perform different task.
VO: (not satisfied, he points under his table). What processor does this computer use, is it an embedded system?
Me: Yeah kind of, it actually uses a microprocessor which are programmed from the factory. Unlike the ones we use for real embedded system project which are programmable. (VO smiles)
Me: I actually got a student loan from prodigy finance that covers tuition and living expenses. Also, my cousin will be supporting me with $4k ( I was about bringing out supporting docs thinking he would request for it).
VO types for like 15 seconds. Then he circles an address on a white paper and said, You will have to pick up your visa at this address, you will receive an email or SMS. He passes my docs and white paper.
Me: Wanted to ask a question, before I came back do my senses, o boy your visa has been approved. Pick race.

Here is my verdict, just be yourself, and be natural. Don’t just be articulate, I saw people that were very articulate but I could detect that their response isn't convincing enough. Let your response make sense. What I mean by that is, let your story add up, we all have a unique story about ourselves, use it to your advantage to answering these personal questions such as why you want to study the course, how you got to know about it and your plan after graduate school. Be sincere in your response as well. In all, God’s grace is paramount and shouldn’t be underestimated.

I really appreciate those that took time to drop their transcripts, it really helped a lot. Thanks to the big guys that always make sure we don't get misinformed. God bless you all.
Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by MasterforceII: 7:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
tizentos:
Visa transcript, Aug 10 2018, 7am slot.

Congrats bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by femi312: 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
ZinoDaniels:
Lagos or Abuja?
Does that really matter? That is the problem with mindset, no matter where you go, if you don't do your due diligence you will always get the same result. If he had done that interview even in the 'lion's den' the chance of the outcome being the same is very high. VO could tell serious and ambitious students by the schools they apply to and not all these MBAs in one building school.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Isreal4real4: 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2018
hello good people, kindly avail me the step in applying for usa student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Isreal4real4: 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello all, am new here oooooo. please i need A- Z of USA student Visa for masters prog
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by tizentos: 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
ZinoDaniels:
Lagos or Abuja?
Lagos, but it doesn't really matter as Femi has iterated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 by Humble11: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
tizentos:
Visa transcript, Aug 10 2018, 7am slot(Lagos).

Congrats... this v.o already made up his mind to approve you from the beginning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514)

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.